• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 328
Posts: 328   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 68265 times and has 327 replies Next Thread
Grinfish

Re: A guide to vintage whine Reply to this Post

Try a snifter of Rumblesbroken from Defendingsbad. Although it's made out of poorly-selected sour grapes, true connossieurs would clearly recognise it could be a much finer whine if it wasn't so weak to start with.
----------------------------------------
Whitewyvern. Distinctly Limey.
Retired, No regrets.
Unretired, still No regrets.
Available in Cerulean and Obsidian flavours.

Briggs wrote: 
StuManchu puts the "sensual" back in "Nonconsensual"

[Oct 27, 2007 9:50:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NickScorpio

This thread is now the ultimate irony in the universe!
Hankscorpio
[Oct 29, 2007 9:11:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

And with that wonderful commentary, I have completed the bottling of my first ever vintage of Poor Reading Comprehension Ruins Great Parley Threads. The tannins in this whine are a bit harsh and leave your mouth feeling parched and unable to properly form words in response to it. I have hopes that the whine will age well and become smoother, although I may abandon it in my cellar before that happens.
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Squashbuckle at Oct 29, 2007 9:29:33 AM]
[Oct 29, 2007 9:21:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NickScorpio

And with that wonderful commentary, I have completed the bottling of my first ever vintage of Poor Reading Comprehension Ruins Great Parley Threads. The tannins in this whine are a bit harsh and leave your mouth feeling parched and unable to properly form words in response to it. I have hopes that the whine will age well and become smoother, although I may abandon it in my cellar before that happens.

Thank god you didn't let that stop you. I'd still be having a rotten Monday morning had the screams of laughter not taken care of that.
Hankscorpio
[Oct 29, 2007 10:06:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TracyMac777

We have just received a large shipment of OMG Doub Prices are over 1000 from the fairly new Green Ocean Vineyards. While not quite as bitter as I Remember When Doubs Were Twice That Much, those who are not experienced tasters will not find it desirable. Those who have sampled a wider variety from the vineyard will find that it is not as bad as some make it out to be.
Juiceten - Born on Cobalt, raised on Viridian.

Big Slick Buccaneers

Greenie wrote: 
Any1 wanna bia badge?

[Oct 30, 2007 9:01:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Peanutswench

I was able to grab a tasting the new release from Event Vineyards, Not my Timezone. With only a few cases produced, this highly desirable late harvest Merlot is discussed by many wine connoisseurs anytime a release from Event Vineyards is mentioned. Because it's worldwide shipment causes many to be unable to obtain a bottle, enthusiasts often have to settle for This Event's Rules are Unfair for their Event Vineyards cravings.
Peanutswench
------
[Oct 31, 2007 8:58:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fixated

Recently, I've noticed a lot of my colleagues have been drinking a lot of I need to defeat zombies. It's not a very healthy wine, it makes the drinkers forget about their shoppes, blockades, pillages, even real life. This makes them thirsty for Does anyone have a whisking potion, the prices are too high for me?, and frankly it's quite annoying.
Jenx
[Oct 31, 2007 11:02:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TuucciZ

Following the wide-spread and delicious Poker killed Pillaging and Atlantis killed Poker from the Parley Vineyards, we were able to taste a new wine called Zombies killed Atlantis.

The wine tasted quite parodyish like many wines of this season, yet still surprisingly diffferent from the others.

However, we believe this wine will not be a success, because many experienced wine tasters are on the side of There's too much Parody.
Tuuc on Sage. Yes, I'm back.
Nemo wrote: 
I would like to send my heartfelt thanks to everyone who didn't post in this thread.

[Oct 31, 2007 11:04:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

Following the wide-spread and delicious Poker killed Pillaging and Atlantis killed Poker from the Parley Vineyards, we were able to taste a new wine called Zombies killed Atlantis.

Mmm... Have you had a chance to sample Bilging is like zombies?
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Oct 31, 2007 4:21:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
AhoyLindsay

Mmm... Have you had a chance to sample Bilging is like zombies?

I had a glass. It had an oddly funny flavor, but was a little bland.
Castawayjoe of the Midnight Ocean.
To err is human, but to arr is pirate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Catharsis on Cobalt and Malachite.
[Oct 31, 2007 5:03:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rolld20

Given the sheer volume of raw materials about, I'm expecting a new batch of Wht Doyo Meen Mi Entry Ddnt Qallfy?! from the [Events] vinyard. The sheer volume is impressive, and the practice of sowing wildly should produce an eclectic blend, but alas presentation is lacking, and the overall quality tends to be rather poor.
Greyrat of Viridian
-------------

"The server is under heavy load due to calculating exactly how big of an idiot you are"

[Nov 4, 2007 5:21:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
emerson

I would imagine that it won't just be poor, but it'll be quite sour.
Cleaver shouts, "I lub this island."
Personally I think that TITS are a technique if they are used less than once every three moves. Any more than that, and you're just waving your exploits in their faces. - Flamer
[Nov 4, 2007 8:25:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

Has anyone tried the newest PvP is griefing my event? As much as it's supposed to be new, I can't help but think I've had that drink before.

Maybe it's a new label. I kinda remember an older Im in yur thread, grifing yur event from the laughing cats.

Dylan wrote: 

[Nov 6, 2007 10:46:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Grinfish

Has anyone tried the newest PvP is griefing my event? As much as it's supposed to be new, I can't help but think I've had that drink before.

Maybe it's a new label. I kinda remember an older Im in yur thread, grifing yur event from the laughing cats.

I tried it, but then someone compared it to a classic bottle of RobertDonald and I couldn't help but fall about laughing.
Whitewyvern. Distinctly Limey.
Retired, No regrets.
Unretired, still No regrets.
Available in Cerulean and Obsidian flavours.

Briggs wrote: 
StuManchu puts the "sensual" back in "Nonconsensual"

[Nov 7, 2007 3:31:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mibshubby

I just recently come across a the price of wood is killing me wine. I've done minimal research on this as of now and I've only noticed it on Aimuari Island on Hunter. Doesn't appear on adjacent islands like Quetzal where wood is half the price. I suspect the vikings are responsible. I would be curious to see if this is found in other oceans as well.
Mibshubby on Hunter, Malachite, & Sage

I have been diagnosed with ADOS - Attention Deficit Oooo Shiney!
[Nov 8, 2007 11:03:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mibshubby [Link]  Go to top 
Dommin

So many whines to choose from... so little time. I do tend to prefer Skellie Frey's Suck Now over most others whines. Although anything from vineyard producing The Jacked Up Price of Dubs comes in a close second.
Dommin on Hunter, Sage, and Viridian
SO in Easy Going
Lord of Coerced Coexistence
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dommin at Nov 8, 2007 5:42:04 PM]
[Nov 8, 2007 5:39:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
theonlyone76

I've recenlty been introduced to attacking an island while a BK is attacking is cheating from the vineyards of Viridian.
Uno (Theonlyuno for those of you who don't know me)

*Chasing Honey like Winnie the Pooh

[Edit 1 times, last edit by theonlyone76 at Nov 8, 2007 5:42:51 PM]
[Nov 8, 2007 5:42:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AhoyLindsay

I just tasted a fine sampling of bringing up the past. It was interesting, although slightly out of place.
Castawayjoe of the Midnight Ocean.
To err is human, but to arr is pirate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Catharsis on Cobalt and Malachite.
[Nov 8, 2007 5:54:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fairycharmed

I just recently come across a the price of wood is killing me wine.

ahhh....I too recently have also come across the fine vintage of the price of wood is killing me having discovered several unknown storage caves of it under every stall I own. (if you want some lemme know, i could use the barrels)

This seems to be an appropriate apertif to enjoy, before enjoying the enticing bouqet of that glorious whine why doex eVrytHng c0st s0 much which can only be completed by a tempting cause everyone killed zombies for 2weeks and no one pillaged a rare whine which we seem to be running low on.....
You told hero, "you booched while talking about not booching?"
[Nov 14, 2007 12:20:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Fairycharmed_Girl [Link]  Go to top 
Fixated

I have recently indulged myself in the whine, Artemis posted in the island openings thread to give me a strop but didn't open any islands. I have given all my friends a sample of this whine, and they are becoming quit tired and immune to the whine's finer points.

The, ZOMG, you have a flag named My Pants! has delighted me today. I am quite happy with this whine, I believe the maker is Penguinmaste/paste/glue.
Jenx
[Nov 14, 2007 2:35:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

I keep seeing people with Dubs cost too much. The taste of this whine hasn't changed no matter what grapes are used, and they always seem to be sour.

For that matter, has anyone seen a whine made with sweet grapes?

Dylan wrote: 

[Nov 18, 2007 9:25:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Rolld20

For that matter, has anyone seen a whine made with sweet grapes?

I believe the proper term for a sweet whine is a *boast*, such as the enviable I only spent 1 segment lazing in Atlantis before I got planked, but I got this Gorgonyx model anyway, neat huh?

A boast is fairly intoxicating, but has some unpleasant side effects, such as turning those around the indulger green with envy, or making them see red. Thus, the wise pirate saves them for use privately, or with small, appreciative groups.
Greyrat of Viridian
-------------

"The server is under heavy load due to calculating exactly how big of an idiot you are"

[Nov 19, 2007 6:45:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Octobeard

Fresh from Memming Vineyards: The evil mean ringers removed the floating exploit. This is a sign that they are all evil and mean. Waaa!
PogoBeta wrote: 
NO GODMOGGING

[Dec 13, 2007 7:42:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jirges

This one is making a comeback, it's very popular with the "highly sophisticate", but by no means limited to them. It's the 2007 Don't Like It? Then get better!. If you savor it, you might be able to taste the malice and elitism flavors that permeate the whine.
Mentos ~ Wicked Peace

Mentos says, "im a tart huh? i thought mentos were sweet?"
Ladysheena says, "you're the sour apple kind"
[Dec 13, 2007 4:44:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mads0001

The "familiars" whine seems to be making a comeback too, I'm predicting a big 2008 for it. It's most commonly consumed by merchants and pillagers.

Personally the packaging is an issue for me, 2007, I didn't see one bottle that came with a decent case.
rachaelj wrote: 

"your standing in patronising has gone up and is now respected in your archipelago"
spelling corrected by Mads(tm) :P
[Dec 14, 2007 1:36:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
davsbrander

Well it seems Poker Whine has come back but in a different form, with some Trophy essence thrown in for good measure
Davsbrander
[Dec 17, 2007 4:19:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
seb_long_uk

Limited Edition bottles of I can't find the Lucky Dip OMs have started to surface, along with murmurs of Why am I not placing in any Daily Doodles being made avaliable. Catch them while you can, they'll not be around come Janurary.
Domokun
Avatar by the incredible Tilinka
[Dec 17, 2007 6:22:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
TuucciZ

I've tasted the bitterness of "only RICH pirates can afford it!" (warning, trophy spoilers).

To the creator of this wine I suggest a new drink:

No more tears.
Tuuc on Sage. Yes, I'm back.
Nemo wrote: 
I would like to send my heartfelt thanks to everyone who didn't post in this thread.

[Dec 17, 2007 7:54:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

Whilst they are not of the whine family in the truest sense, one can not let the current range of beverages go without reviewed.

The initial samplings of iz depressing really were a matter of personal taste, mildly amusing to the taste buds for some, dry and bland to others... But one can only recommended that people steer clear of the cheap imitations which have flooded the market. Having tried a few of the imitation varieties, I can say that without fail they all have a tired and regurgitated scent to them, failing to even come anywhere near that initial flavour that can only be described as fine at best. One can only hope that the powers that be bring in some form of quality control on the rubbish that is being produced of late.

In the interim, I recommend that people stay away from these lesser drinks and toast in the festive season with fine whine or two.
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

[Dec 24, 2007 4:59:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Racac3

Apparently, I'm a light-weight.

A couple sips of Greenies coming on my ship and asking me for a free "banana hat", and I was passed out. The last thing I remember was looking at it with a look of disbelief, then nothing.
[Dec 27, 2007 12:00:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 328   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates