• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 328
Posts: 328   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 68267 times and has 327 replies Next Thread
mibshubby

Re: A guide to vintage whine Reply to this Post

Wow - last night I had a beaujolais nouveau (pronounced 'greenie') that had an odd combination. The typical horrid aroma of the 'give me 1000 poe! you have to because you are a greeter' with the pleasent but not often experienced combination of the 'I can actually spell and use proper english' body. Most unusual. Maybe after aging a bit the aroma will improve and will become a respected addition to the cellar.
----------------------------------------
Mibshubby on Hunter, Malachite, & Sage

I have been diagnosed with ADOS - Attention Deficit Oooo Shiney!
[Jun 26, 2007 7:23:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mibshubby [Link]  Go to top 
AndromedaCL

I must say that I find the "I'm Bored" Whines a bit too common and bland, they are never aged and lack any potentcy. They are quite comparable to the culture and distinction of Boonesfarm.
Carribean
Carribean Cruise Lines

Androclea's Realm
[Jun 26, 2007 7:51:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/androcleasrealm/home.htm    AndrocleasRealm    AndrocleaNight [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

Recently the "Payouts aren't enough" has been seen in stores again, right next to "Badges cost too much". The first time I tried that second one, I thought it tasted ok, but I really got soured on it quickly. I haven't tried the first one yet.
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Sep 7, 2007 9:10:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Flamez911

The elites should be payed 2 million times more than regular jobbers is a wonderful whine, however at a cost of 50 million PoE per bottle, it's not really worth the money.
-Flamer, reloaded.

Currently in the process of arising from the grave. Hope to see people around more :)
[Sep 7, 2007 10:27:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chavez67

No bump of this thread can go without mention of the newest rage - Greedy One Fight Jobber Whine, who's bitter taste goes hand in hand with Everyone Gets A War Frigate cheese.

I did it.
clarify
It was me.

[Sep 7, 2007 10:39:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perlandria

I find the ironically contrasting complexities of 'X SHOUTS 'STOP SHOUTING' to pair well with its abrasively strong but short finish. A brisk little classic whine suitable for any party situation.
Furnishing Puzzle Project:
Discussion: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=97545
Prototype: http://albert.best.vwh.net/gilthead/GiltHead.html
Proposal: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/GCPP:Proposal-Gilthead
[Sep 7, 2007 10:45:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Irig    Perlandria [Link]  Go to top 
tlz_allen

Coming soon from the YPP Vineyards, a Port Whine with a fine flavor and bouquet entitled Auto Divy Sucked, But The New 50-50 Sucks More. This ihappens to be my personal brand of late.
TlzAllen
Captain, The Dawntreaders
[Sep 7, 2007 10:45:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tlz_allen2 [Link]  Go to top 
mads0001

No bump of this thread can go without mention of the newest rage - Greedy One Fight Jobber Whine, who's bitter taste goes hand in hand with Everyone Gets A War Frigate cheese.

chateau astrolabe produces this one in abundance.
rachaelj wrote: 

"your standing in patronising has gone up and is now respected in your archipelago"
spelling corrected by Mads(tm) :P
[Sep 7, 2007 10:47:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jolyma

The elites should be payed 2 million times more than regular jobbers is a wonderful whine, however at a cost of 50 million PoE per bottle, it's not really worth the money.

Candy Vineyards I assume?
Jolyma

[Sep 7, 2007 12:09:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shadowflyer

I'm still rather fond of Chateau Onyx STILL Doesn't Have Its Own Fruit, bottled exclusively in Viridian. The coy, teasing hints of mango and carambola in the bouquet never quite reach their full potential, but it's still a delightful bit of dessert whine with fruit flavors that punctuate one's creme brulee wonderfully.
Jovian off the Viridian

TuucciZ wrote: 
Play in strip poker tables is way better than in 20-200 tables because in strip poker tables you actually lose something.

[Sep 7, 2007 12:23:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Framling

I'm still rather fond of Chateau Onyx STILL Doesn't Have Its Own Fruit, bottled exclusively in Viridian. The coy, teasing hints of mango and carambola in the bouquet never quite reach their full potential, but it's still a delightful bit of dessert whine with fruit flavors that punctuate one's creme brulee wonderfully.

I can't remember - do we export that one to Cobalt? Their gripevines seem somewhat barren of late.
Framling on Viridian

Lolpirate says, "O.o Your ability to rhyme is unholy."

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Framling at Sep 8, 2007 6:02:02 PM]
[Sep 8, 2007 6:01:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    framlingem [Link]  Go to top 
HiimEric2001

All stocks of Treasure Haul made me sink! are expired but for some reason people are still drinking it.
Cire
Purple Squid Brigade, Inglorious Fandango

Nemo says, "Cire has figured me out..."

[Sep 8, 2007 11:19:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Guildmaster2

Bottles of "Scammer" are fermented with the lesser known Grapes of Wrath in the Parley region in the northwest hills of Hunter. Foremost is the Haxxor, which is the celebrity of the region followed by Ban Evader, which is the most widely planted. The problem with many vintners in this region is that the Ban Evaders require lengthy aging to become approachable, with Haxxors to a lesser degree. Scammers are simpler, fruitier reds that can be produced and marketed sooner. It is deep purple in color and sets off with striking aromas of dark fruit. This melange of feigned rage, moral posturing, and blueberry flavors builds slowly to rich intensity. The whine is dry on the palate and shows austere tannins. It's clean, rich, and round in composition. Lovely and easy to appreciate.
Guildmaster on Hunter
Captain of The Guild

Retired and writing memoirs.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Guildmaster2 at Sep 9, 2007 7:30:53 AM]
[Sep 9, 2007 7:30:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tiberyus

Bottles of "Scammer" are fermented with the lesser known Grapes of Wrath in the Parley region in the northwest hills of Hunter. Foremost is the Haxxor, which is the celebrity of the region followed by Ban Evader, which is the most widely planted. The problem with many vintners in this region is that the Ban Evaders require lengthy aging to become approachable, with Haxxors to a lesser degree. Scammers are simpler, fruitier reds that can be produced and marketed sooner. It is deep purple in color and sets off with striking aromas of dark fruit. This melange of feigned rage, moral posturing, and blueberry flavors builds slowly to rich intensity. The whine is dry on the palate and shows austere tannins. It's clean, rich, and round in composition. Lovely and easy to appreciate.

I don't get it... Where's the advertisment?.. I mean, can this really be a serious post from the guild representative? Ooh, wait, I got it, kinda.

Tibby, dissapointed in expectations of entertainment.
Tiberyus, in a crew on an ocean

people are harsh on ypp

[Sep 10, 2007 5:35:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jaark

I would like to announce that this year's vintage of 'Ruining the Game' is now in store!

Look for boxes marked 'Atlantis'
[Sep 10, 2007 5:53:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Are you a purchaser or an advertiser?

I'd watch out for that line of whine, they went overboard with the sour grapes. Then again, the same can be said of the auto-divy flavor.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Sep 10, 2007 7:09:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
jaark

I happened to walk in somewhere they were giving out free samples .. lots of free smaples ... I almost drowned!
[Sep 10, 2007 7:11:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Yeah, that tends to happen when people give out open-invites to high-end tastings. So very low-brow.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Sep 10, 2007 7:19:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Hypnos
OceanMaster

I'm very sad that the FIX THE DARN EDIT BUTTON vintage is all but impossible to find nowadays. Occasionally on a stroll through Parley Vineyards I'll happen across one of these rare treasures, and it never fails to fill me with nostalgia.
face down in the soup again - Avatar by Sharktail of Sage
Cnuofesd of Viridian wrote: 
I regually snort porridge oats up my nose too.

[Sep 10, 2007 12:24:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Barrister

Hypnos wrote: 
I'm very sad that the FIX THE DARN EDIT BUTTON vintage is all but impossible to find nowadays. Occasionally on a stroll through Parley Vineyards I'll happen across one of these rare treasures, and it never fails to fill me with nostalgia.

There's a rare one of mine from only a month ago here .

And, no, that link isn't broken.
Barrister
- YPPedia Administrator
- Looterati
[Sep 10, 2007 12:29:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Parrrdner

Ah Barrister, I'll toast with that one any day.
Pardner; Riot Forever
[but not around :/ these days ]
[Sep 11, 2007 6:30:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

Parley is no longer the only region producing fine whines. Fresh from the TTQA region, we have I Want to Edit the Trophy Page produced by Speculation Whinery. I recommend sipping it from the cup that comes on the Barfly trophy.
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Sep 13, 2007 2:04:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eurydice
Community Manager

Parley is no longer the only region producing fine whines. Fresh from the TTQA region, we have I Want to Edit the Trophy Page produced by Speculation Whinery. I recommend sipping it from the cup that comes on the Barfly trophy.

Of you could drink it directly from the bottle, after you've managed to unscrew the top (which is difficult after you've overindulged on i wuz band).
Sigismundo tells you, "Ask not for whom the tiny violin shrills. It shrills for thee."
[Sep 13, 2007 1:08:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.guildcafe.com/member/Eurydice [Link]  Go to top 
scm621

Nah, that one's been around for ages now. Read the entire thread, it's there. :D
Searmin of the Midnight Ocean
Currently unaffiliated
[Sep 13, 2007 1:18:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tosy

The sheer brilliance of Can we TH? will definetely age finely resulting in a cool crisp vintage whine.

Why was I not invited to this thread?
Sevre/Serafax.

Retired.

[Sep 13, 2007 1:21:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Grinfish

Something strange happened to me on the way to the Whinery...

Firstly, I was most unsurprised at the mass demand for "MORCONTROL BUTANS" from Badjobba whineries, which closely followed the release to the market of ATLAGTIS NOUVEAU. It's a very lazy flavour, most effortless in it's application to the palette

However, I'm sure if people thirsted less for this, they might noticed the masses of opportunities for scintillating effervescence offered by a Vineyard that's been running for so long everyone's forgotten they existed.

Yes, I heartily recommend a purchase from ORDUR & PLANC, followed by a GOOD shot of TEACHERS. It helps one get through the day, y'know, and has been know to enhance following mental perfomance.
Whitewyvern. Distinctly Limey.
Retired, No regrets.
Unretired, still No regrets.
Available in Cerulean and Obsidian flavours.

Briggs wrote: 
StuManchu puts the "sensual" back in "Nonconsensual"

[Sep 13, 2007 2:10:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jaark

I can see myself being a producer of the automatic double post whine.

Edit: The irony is that the first time I've ever noticed it not do a double post from here is right now.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by jaark at Sep 13, 2007 4:39:20 PM]
[Sep 13, 2007 4:38:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Indeed

Although so commonplace, it is thought to be the tackiest hostess gift, I privately enjoy my stock of I'm Not Enjoying Something that's Supposed to Be Fun. While the sweet tinges of schadenfreude are too overpowering for some, I find that they mellifluously contrast with the otherwise sour tones.
Dmentia says, "It thrills me when Indeed is mean."
SomeIdiot tells you, "I am muting you, because you're unnormal, maybe you're hurt in real life"
Quoth Rubby, "There's something wrong with your brain."

[Sep 13, 2007 6:40:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.goonbunnies.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Chavez67

One that keeps showing up on Midnight is Free Market Port, the wine people buy because they like the concept, drink because they like the name, and complain about because they don't understand how to drink it.

I did it.
clarify
It was me.

[Sep 14, 2007 10:34:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tlz_allen

A very robust, yet young whine is the "Why do people have to say 'Good Game' to me even when I kick their butt?" produced by the D&S Whinery. It appears be coming with a great deal of free cheese too!
TlzAllen
Captain, The Dawntreaders
[Sep 14, 2007 1:34:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tlz_allen2 [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 328   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates