• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 328
Posts: 328   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 68277 times and has 327 replies Next Thread
Rohane

Re: A guide to vintage whine Reply to this Post

i have a question. Does anyone have a scotch labeled: Boots of Bilging?
----------------------------------------
~Rohane
No one agrees with him. Then again he doesn't agree with anyone else either.

http://www.phpbbplanet.com/roms/
The link above is for my own personal benifit. kkthnxbai
[May 11, 2007 8:18:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dolem

I recently observed a table of battle navigators enjoying several healthy glasses of Post-battel Divide. At first, some did not understand the somewhat complex aromas of auto-divvy to hold. Many complained about the acrid flavor of jumpers de ship, although some did not detect this. A couple of the more outspoken ones were eventually won over by the flavors, and it allowed them to boast of their superior palate.
[May 11, 2007 12:14:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonyaj

I popped open an old, dusty case of Is Ruining the Game I just came across. Even now, the lingering aftertaste of bitterness that comes after the flavor of many sour grapes makes me wonder why I even bought it in the first place.
Denying the inevitable for as long as possible is a waste of life's work.
[May 11, 2007 12:55:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Greasewood

For anyone who is finding the above-mentioned whines too bitter, I recommend Someone Placed a Very Large Order at My Stall. Its surprising, fruity flavor is always refreshing.
[May 12, 2007 6:51:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheZeekyWord

I don't quite know how to describe this whine.. It's... Interesting.
cannedfood sez

I am pissed at the practice of pointless, perpetual persecution of people posting in piritical parley and politics.

[May 12, 2007 7:16:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Majortom

The 2006 Pets! Pinot Noir was a fine vintage whine that is incredibly tart but has surprisingly little aftertaste.
Senior Officer of All For Rum
Prince of Wicked Peace
-Hunter Ocean

[May 13, 2007 12:00:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

I don't quite know how to describe this whine.. It's... Interesting.

Kinda like something that makes you burp, say excuse me, and pretend it didn't happen?
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[May 13, 2007 8:09:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
samtheboy

It looks as though the latest vintage of I got cheated out of 50ish poe has recently his the shops. Mmm, tastes bitter.

WM
Want an avatar like mine? Just ask Phillite
"Sigh. No, you're never getting unbanned after making me waste 5 minutes of my time cleaning up after you." - Lizthegrey
[May 14, 2007 12:14:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://leagueoflight.forumup.org [Link]  Go to top 
ladyredtears

Personaly I've taken quite a liking to the new whine on the Cobalt scene the Please plank me, plank me can you plank me?!?!?? whine, Although the blend is a tad assaulting on the taste buds at first, another quickly followed splash will smoothen its taste and leave you fruitily refreshed

tried hopefully did not fail lol

Missredtears

Slowly sipping her way into the thread
Aut insanit homo, aut versus facit - The fellow is either mad or he is composing verses. - Horace
Hypnos tells you, "The servers are experiencing funkiness right now. :( I've called the developers to let them know. but everyone's asleep."
[May 14, 2007 2:57:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Missyred_MRT [Link]  Go to top 
ladykyriel

Ahhh....my personal favorite whine is the "Ocean Masters Only Care for Dubloon Purchasers " whine. Particular to the DubViniards, it is so nicely fruity with just a hint of spice; a wonderfully exquisite flavor.

If you're looking for something a little more well aged, the DubViniards also offer another wonderful blend "If you care about the game you'll purchase dubloons." This is better if well aged. A nice Merlot, with rich color and a complex flavor...not for the uneducated whine taster. One must be careful, however, or else this wonderful brew may wind up corked.
Is no longer kidnapped and counting down the days when she can be kidnapped again!
[May 14, 2007 7:29:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hypnos
OceanMaster

OMG the best thread ever came back. I'm so happy.

I have found that since starting work here at the Three Rings offices, that I partake more and more frequently of the I got hacked vintage. I suppose I might find it repetitive, but the vineyards just keep giving the keys to the storehouse to every hearty, greenie, and passerby, so who am I to deny the free goods?

I find it a heady and sometimes muddled blend of confusing circumstances, wild accusations, and right at the end, a hint of outright denial. Recommended paired with the sugary plz halp im crying cheese.
face down in the soup again - Avatar by Sharktail of Sage
Cnuofesd of Viridian wrote: 
I regually snort porridge oats up my nose too.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hypnos at May 15, 2007 2:21:31 PM]
[May 15, 2007 12:18:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flamez911

I cracked open a bottle of the vintage My ocean is better than yours yesterday, it has a strong, bitter taste that is too much for some. But when paired with the parly iznt 4 fiteing or u sux greenie cheese, it can be one of the best vintages around.
-Flamer, reloaded.

Currently in the process of arising from the grave. Hope to see people around more :)
[May 15, 2007 12:22:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CaptDingus

A fine coompanion to Mad Dog 20/20, the "Don't you realize 13-year-olds play this game?" never fails to enflame the consumer. Initially envelops the partaker in a glowing righteous warmth, but at the expense of logical judgement and memory.

Anyone consuming this potent beverage will quickly forget what it is like to be 13.
[May 15, 2007 2:03:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
samtheboy

I've just been subjected to the 2007 Dockpress. It's far less subtle and a lot more tart than the 2006 vintage, but gets the job done. I find a good swig of Mute and Complain goes down a trick if the Dockpress does not agree with you.

WM
Want an avatar like mine? Just ask Phillite
"Sigh. No, you're never getting unbanned after making me waste 5 minutes of my time cleaning up after you." - Lizthegrey
[May 15, 2007 2:27:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://leagueoflight.forumup.org [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

I have recently sampled the "Technique or exploit" vintage. Truthfully, I do not know the proper technique for sampling this vintage, and rather than spending all the long time needed to truly understand it, I'd like an exploit a rapid lesson on it :-)

(Should this post be brought to any OM's direct attention?)

Dylan wrote: 

[May 18, 2007 10:58:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Agon

A personal favorite is "Why won't the OMs answer my bratty and demanding inquiries on-demand?" The nutty flavour is all too often spoiled by the inherent sourness, and the fact that it insists on being guzzled down as quickly as possible ruins the taste. Far too often it ends up tasting like the Davy Jones bilgewater, but perhaps that's for the best.
Agon (Eh-gon) n. Intense competition or rivalry.

"As you can see, my ship is purple. It has a reverse drop pattern." ~ Rhodin
[May 22, 2007 6:51:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

So far, I'm a big fan of this year's vintage of Jobbers Leave Before Port. It's a wonderful bargain compared to previous vintages that could set you back thousands.
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[May 22, 2007 10:38:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mads0001

So far, I'm a big fan of this year's vintage of Jobbers Leave Before Port. It's a wonderful bargain compared to previous vintages that could set you back thousands.

I find it goes down well, and is far easier on the brain than it's fore-running "cn we prt i hav to go!!" or the "we shld hav prtd!! well loose teh poez!!"

I for one don't miss those two whines...
rachaelj wrote: 

"your standing in patronising has gone up and is now respected in your archipelago"
spelling corrected by Mads(tm) :P
[May 23, 2007 4:24:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

There is a certain purity, a certain essence, of a special font whine, that just cannot be appreciated until experienced.

Dylan wrote: 

[May 26, 2007 10:44:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Flamez911

So, I just cracked open the new I spend 5000 doubs a months so listen to me! whine. A fine taste, but a very expensive whine, not really worth the price in my opinion.
-Flamer, reloaded.

Currently in the process of arising from the grave. Hope to see people around more :)
[Jun 21, 2007 11:27:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

You guys just reminded me! I need to pick up another bottle of "Not enough Jobbers" tomorrow while I'm out!
Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
[Jun 21, 2007 7:29:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
KoshMom

There's always the Cabernet I can't order rum because no employees are renowned, even though they all produce expert labor as well as the Mead with the name The game was much better when I could forage my own commodities
Avasta, Past Governor of Namath, captain of Ye Hardy Mates, of the flag RIOT
[Jun 21, 2007 7:49:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Grinfish

Nah, don't bother Mur, get yourself a bottle of "Nevasailagain" from Rockstah Vineyards. Normally a vintage highly restricted in it's production quantity thus maintaining it's exclusivity, this year it's bitter twang is souring tastebuds across the whole world due to recent changes in the recipe enabling larger quantities to be made in a short space of time. However, rumour has it the return on each bottle has been dratically reduced.
Whitewyvern. Distinctly Limey.
Retired, No regrets.
Unretired, still No regrets.
Available in Cerulean and Obsidian flavours.

Briggs wrote: 
StuManchu puts the "sensual" back in "Nonconsensual"

[Jun 21, 2007 7:49:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stash600

I just had a glass of Change the AI back, and it was delicious
Stashy
[Jun 21, 2007 8:20:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
acer567

The All on one! is horriible and will have a sour aftertaste, although it is best enjoyed with company.
Tantaro on Hunter
[Jun 22, 2007 4:04:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
half_elf13

I've found the Why is the rum so expensive? to be an interesting whine found currently coming from the Virid Whineyards. This whine seems to be doing so well that several people are lookin into producing it in the Midnight Whineyards but it has lacked the financial backing to be a success everywhere
Jesst
Mainly on Cerulean but about on all the oceans
[Jun 22, 2007 5:46:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flamez911

I just had a taste of the Public Bounty whine, a fine whine best mixed with the Blithering Idiot cheese.

*waits for Guildmaster to try to turn this into a business so he can have a good laugh*
-Flamer, reloaded.

[Jun 22, 2007 6:00:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mads0001

I think lately a lot of the most enjoyable whines have come from Hunter lately.
rachaelj wrote: 

"your standing in patronising has gone up and is now respected in your archipelago"
spelling corrected by Mads(tm) :P
[Jun 22, 2007 9:59:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rohane

I just had a wonderful glass of Let us treasure haul! whine.

Then there is its close cousin When are we going to treasure haul?!

And lastly my personal favorite Why arn't you going into the flotilla?
~Rohane
No one agrees with him. Then again he doesn't agree with anyone else either.

http://www.phpbbplanet.com/roms/
The link above is for my own personal benifit. kkthnxbai
[Jun 22, 2007 12:23:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Grinfish

An old Wein from the continent, "Bluudsplitt" from Y. U. Knott. So good you just don't want to share it, with ANYONE.
Whitewyvern. Distinctly Limey.
Retired, No regrets.
Unretired, still No regrets.
Available in Cerulean and Obsidian flavours.

Briggs wrote: 
StuManchu puts the "sensual" back in "Nonconsensual"

[Jun 22, 2007 5:31:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 328   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates