• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 1
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 586 times and has 0 replies Next Thread
Meteus

Better poker logging Reply to this Post

I have greatly enjoyed the addition of poker to puzzle pirates, and have been trying to improve my feeble poker skills. One capability which would be particularly useful is the ability to review hands. Right now the chatlog allows you to see the flop, turn, and river as they come up, but it's still missing a lot of information. There are two improvements that I would be very grateful for.

The first is (I hope) simple. Currently the symbols for hearts, diamonds, clubs, and spades go into the chatlog as a question mark. If they could be logged as (h,d,c,s) instead, it would be easier to read the chatlog.

The second is more complicated. Right now, only a small subset of the play of a hand is recorded. I would like to have the option to see a complete record. This would mean you would need to add a message for whenever a player raises, calls, folds, or posts a blind. At the end of a hand, if any cards are shown, you would also need to have a message listing the cards shown for each player. All these new messages would add a lot of traffic to the chatlog, so it would be useful if they could be turned on and off somewhere in the options screen.

Thanks again for implementing poker. I'm having a lot of fun with it, even when I lose, and I'm sure I'll continue having fun, even if you can't implement complete logs.
----------------------------------------
Metheus

What I'm looking for are Adventure Islands
[Jun 8, 2006 2:03:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates