• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 110
Posts: 110   Pages: 4   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 17813 times and has 109 replies Next Thread
Mordrid

Re: Olympic Champions League - Season 6 - Sea Battle

Is there absolutely any chance to move the dates for the semi's and finals either forward or back a few days, or even week? As of now, it will be impossible for me to make those matches as I am being forced to travel on that weekend :-/. (I'm captain of Ink Squad)

Thanks,
Mordrid
----------------------------------------
Mordrid
Midnight Ocean
King of the Killer Watermelons
[Jul 26, 2006 5:53:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eyes

Ironically most of my team will be on vacation for the next two weeks. So a move back a week would be pretty keen on my end too.

[Jul 26, 2006 6:08:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

I really don't want the finals to move more than a day or two after that weekend. The dates for these finals have been set since the beginning of the league, so they shouldn't have come as a surprise.

If you're able to find an earlier time to do the semi-finals, that's fine, but I don't want the finals pushed back a week. I'll be putting the next registration up for Midnight and Viridian, and I need this league finished in order to do that.
[Jul 26, 2006 10:55:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
SalviaWood

Hope Warriors won the Division 1 tie breaker.
Salvia

Gunnbjorn flag officer chats, "Salvia, people like you are the reason people like me need medication."
[Jul 30, 2006 10:45:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

And now we take our leave. Thanks very much for an enjoyable time, and good luck with the finals!

PS Wiki won't let me in the house today for some reason, so haven't edited there.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Jul 30, 2006 11:13:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mordrid

Likewise, it will not let Ink Squad report our forfeit victory against Dynasty Crew taking us to 8-0.

To Hope Warriors, what day (other than saturday or sunday) would be good for you guys to schedule a match. Unfortunately if it's during the week, it would have to be an evening, say 3pm pdt or later.

Thanks,
Mordrid of Ink Squad
Mordrid
Midnight Ocean
[Jul 31, 2006 6:01:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

YPPedia should be back to normal again now, I've been told.
[Aug 1, 2006 2:07:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

The default times for the semi-finals and finals are below. You may reschedule if you're able, but the final needs to be complete by the end of Tuesday 8th August.

Both the semi-final and final matches are best of three battles. Arrange to have multiple ships on hand if you don't want to spend time between matches mending damage!

Semi-finals:

Saturday 5th August, 10am PDT
We Fear No Rocks vs Black Demise

Saturday 5th August, 4pm PDT
Ink Squad vs Hope Warriors

Final
Sunday 6th August, time TBD

Good luck, teams!
[Aug 1, 2006 2:26:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Mordrid

Ink Squad will be available at the suggested time. See you there.

-Mordrid
Mordrid
Midnight Ocean
[Aug 1, 2006 12:30:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

We Fear No Rocks defeated Black Demise 2-0 in the first semifinals. Awesome fights guys!
Princess of Versus Terminus
Wikipedia Administrator
[Aug 5, 2006 10:24:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

We can narrow the times down a little, then! The final tomorrow will be at 10am if Hope Warriors win the second semi-final, or 12 noon if Ink Squad win the second semi-final.
[Aug 5, 2006 3:07:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Mordrid

Ink Squad defeated Hope Warriors 1-0 with a second game forfeited.

Good Luck to We Fear No Rocks tomorrow!

-Mordrid
Mordrid
Midnight Ocean
[Aug 5, 2006 5:18:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mordrid

Tremendous Finals, Ink Squad takes the Championship 2-0 against We Fear No Rocks.

-Mordrid
Mordrid
Midnight Ocean
[Aug 6, 2006 12:47:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

Thanks to everyone for a fun and fair season. We really enjoyed it!
Princess of Versus Terminus
Wikipedia Administrator
[Aug 6, 2006 1:14:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Congratulations, teams!

We should be able to sort out prizes and distribution by next weekend. :)
[Aug 6, 2006 1:45:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Lochmeup

Great fights by all, thanks Apollo for throwing it together.
Mercenary
[Aug 7, 2006 1:55:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Prizes!

Congratulations to Ink Squad, winners of the Midnight Sea Battle league of OCL Season 6.

Members of the overall winning team receive a white monkey and an inscribed ribbon each.
Members of the overall runner-up team receive a white nautilus shell each.
Members of all teams who played every match receive a white starfish each.
In addition, poe awards have been made depending on the team’s finishing position.
Only teams who took part in more than half of their scheduled matches are eligible for prizes.

Poe, starfish and shells have already been delivered to a shack/house belonging to the Captain of each team, and the Captain is responsible for distributing the prizes to each of their team members.

Monkeys and inscribed trinkets can be collected by each individual by sending a petition in. Make sure you petition on the character that you played as!

Division 1

We Fear No Rocks win 18k per team member, a white nautilus shell each and a white starfish each.
Hope Warriors win 16k per team member.
Wrath of Doom win 14k and a white starfish per team member.
Judgement Time win 12k and a white starfish per team member.
Pants Are Optional win 9k and a white starfish per team member.
For Barnacles and Giggles! win 9k and a white starfish per team member.
Organised Chaos win 6k per team member.

Division 2

Ink Squad win 20k, a white monkey, an inscribed ribbon and a white starfish per team member.
Black Demise win 16k and a white starfish per team member.
Ransack Sharmada win 11k and a white starfish per team member.
Treasure Hunters win 11k and a white starfish per team member.
Bleak Death win 11k per team member.
Wolves in Black Sheep Skins win 11k per team member.
Eurofighters win 6k and a white starfish per team member.
Mixed Mayhem win 4k per team member.
[Aug 8, 2006 11:54:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Whoa, we win prizes? Fantastic! Thanks Apollo!
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Aug 8, 2006 12:07:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bisquick

Thanks for the fun season everyone :)

And I'm delighted with the prizes. Thank you so much, Apollo, Artemis, and team.
Bisquick - Midnight (turned Cerulean), and all other oceans
Captain of Ransack Marauders
[Aug 8, 2006 12:30:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    http://bisqy.livejournal.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Champion of Champions Event

This is open to the winning team and the runner-up team from this league. Please see the registration thread in the global Events forum for details.
Teams must register by the end of January 26th to take part.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Apollo at Jan 5, 2007 11:38:56 AM]
[Jan 5, 2007 6:07:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 110   Pages: 4   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates