• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2067 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
Harlock

How to actually DO me job? Reply to this Post

Yar! I got me some occupations fer makin of the cannonballs and whatnot. But no matter how long I does the puzzle, yarr, I canna get nothing. Also, I bought 10 cannonballs, and it sayz they be ready, but I cant get them inta me inventory! Please help, how does I work the shops?!

Yar!
harlock
[Apr 29, 2003 1:49:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rengor

Re: How to actually DO me job? Reply to this Post

Ahoy matey

Working is actually incredibly simple in this game, you don't have to do anything, you technically don't even have to be logged in!

There are two types of jobs; shops and markets.

Shops will only produce something when they have employees online. And you will only be paid while they are productive. So a cannonball order will only be filled if someone working in that shop is actually online.

Markets are always productive (they harvest sugar, wood and iron) so you always get paid here. The more that work for them the faster they harvest.

The work puzzles don't actually have any purpose right now. Im guessing at a later stage they will be a way to get experience in that craft so that you get paid more the more experienced you are.

As for delivering the orders, you need a ship. Go to the hull and you can deliver them directly to the ship. You have to be on that island however.
----------------------------------------
-= SilverBeard of The Mad Mutineers =-
--=== www.madmutineers.com ===--
[Apr 29, 2003 2:09:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Labor Disputes Reply to this Post

Cannonballs are for crews, not individuals (unless you happen to lug around a cannon with you). The cannonballs can only be stored in a hold on a ship (or a warehouse in a shop). Although we are about to put in a system whereby products aren't paid for until they are claimed (with many special case situations taken into account), right now, your product will sit at that shop until you can claim it.
So, to get your cannonballs, you need to be an officer in a crew. You can claim your product whenever your ship is in port at the island of the producer.

As for working in a shop, the labor is not handled in a "I do work to get immediate cash" manner. Instead, you sign up your skills at the shop. Your pirate is considered on-hand to produce the labor as long as you are employed at the shop. When a shop gets an order, it uses labor from its pool of employees (whether they are online or not, Silver). If your pirate's labor is used, you get paid that day.
You will be able to increase your chances of being used for labor by doing the puzzle. Those who produce better labor (have a better rank in the labor puzzle) are more likely to be assigned to jobs. Otherwise, you don't need to physically play the puzzle at all to "work."
The Market Halls are typically the best place to make guaranteed money. They produce constantly and so constantly use (and pay) their labor pool. There is, however, no puzzle for commodity-gathering (the labor of Market Halls).

All of this ties into the burgeoning economic system that saw its initial release a few weeks ago. The economy setup and balancing is far from done and the forums are open for comments about it. Right now, the interfaces for dealing with the economy are only in the initial stages. Some activities, such as getting jobs, are still a bit confusing, although there is a (first pass) description of the labor process through the "What's Workin'?" button under the "Help Wanted" button.

So, if you're just starting out, go ahead and get a job at a Market Hall and leave it at that. Once you feel comfortable, start moving into the further opportunities in trade and economy.
Good luck!

-Nemo
[Apr 29, 2003 2:24:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rengor

Ah I didn't know they'd be used in shops even if online.
So you say you can up the chance of being used by doing the puzzle, are those rankings working yet though?
-= SilverBeard of The Mad Mutineers =-
--=== www.madmutineers.com ===--
[Apr 29, 2003 3:53:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stevoid

At the moment, is there any point to doing the placeholder puzzles (other than recreation)? ie if something is ordered, and you are employed at a shop, do you have to labour to make it or does it just "get made" and you are paid because you are employed there?

And will it work the same way in the future - ie are the puzzles just used to rank you as labour or craftsman for pay purposes, or do you have to do the puzzle to get things made? I'm assuming the latter as another thread mentioned doing 24 hours labour in advance...

Hope this makes sense; it's difficult to explain what I'm meaning!
[Apr 29, 2003 4:06:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kalira

One question... How do you even play the placeholder puzzles? I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do to play them... Do I click something, or how do I get it to come up? I've tried to figure it out, but sadly I seem to be quite the idiot when it comes to things like this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Kalira
Your friendly neighborhood basket case
[Apr 29, 2003 6:39:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

Puzzles Reply to this Post

You do the puzzles by clicking on an object in the shoppe where you work (the stills in the distillery, the smokestack in the ironmongers). There is bug right now where you won't see the 'work' option until you leave and re-enter after taking the job.

The puzzles will serve two purposes: your rating will set the quality at which you are able to supply labour (whether you are online or not) and they will allow you to use up all your 24 hours of labour in one hour or so -- so if you like, you can work away in the shoppe and see an item get made more rapidly. It will be necessary to refresh your rating at the crafting puzzles pretty regularly to maintain your quality of labour.

The rankings etc. aren't working yet.
[Apr 29, 2003 6:50:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
bakamedic

ahem Reply to this Post

in case you didnt know, holding down the 'alt' key shows all available 'actions' you can do. try it on a ship sometime you will understand
[Apr 29, 2003 7:59:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
VinzKlortho

Re: Labor Disputes Reply to this Post

Nemo wrote: 
Cannonballs are for crews, not individuals (unless you happen to lug around a cannon with you).
-Nemo

I have a new feature request...
[May 1, 2003 6:05:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
oconp88

Shops Reply to this Post

Is it possible to start or buy a shop yet? I am on Papaya island and there is very little here.

Also there is no board on papaya so how do I gets off?
[May 30, 2003 4:00:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

There is no in-game method to acquire shoppes yet.

Papaya has no population and no navy, so no notice board. If you find yourself stranded anywhere without a notice board, use the "Go to home island" button to return home.

-Nemo
[May 30, 2003 5:41:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
coolned

I can't find the place to do my job at the tailor on Alpha island.
[Jun 2, 2003 7:34:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Those scenes seem to have been built without a labor activity. It will be upstairs in the new release.

-Nemo
[Jun 2, 2003 10:07:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates