• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1036 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Scurvyspod

Total Geek Thing :-) Reply to this Post

Okay, it's not a technical issue per se, but I am a Geek. As such, I'm always interested in sad things like server farms and networks and whatnot.

Now, I don't want enough information for you to compromise your security or anything, but any chance of a geekworthy description of your setup? Heck, even just a picture of the team in the colo with the racks would be cool.

Yes, I'm sad. Very sad.

Scurvy

(And I said rack, hur-hur.)
[Oct 23, 2003 5:52:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

Re: Total Geek Thing :-) Reply to this Post

Sure, it's a bit geeky, but I can understand the attraction of being able to point to a black box (or a rack of them) and say "Azure is in there."

Now I'm off to bed, where I will surely dream of teeny-tiny noseless pirates running around inside the server. Little computer people, indeed.
----------------------------------------
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Oct 23, 2003 6:55:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
meiadm

cmdrzoom wrote: 
Little computer people, indeed.

ahh... that reminds me of me old c64 - t'was classy with the little guy and his dog.
Frizzan - Gone for good
[Oct 23, 2003 9:22:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Luinwe

If it is anything like our datacenter, the security guards will shoot first before allowing a photograph to be taken. One of those silly security things. = )
Senior Officer of the Enders
[Oct 24, 2003 2:04:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

I think they actually did say what the thingies were, in some post, at some point.

Yeah, I know. "Helpful" is my middle name.
[Oct 24, 2003 2:14:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
Specter

homullus wrote: 
I think they actually did say what the thingies were, in some post, at some point.

http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=1341&highlight=server+hardware
- Spec -
Officer of the crew Captain Insane's Asylum
[Oct 24, 2003 2:22:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates