• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 720 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
kurosh

[Moved] computer troubleshooting Reply to this Post

A while ago my computer started randomly rebooting and when it would start up, during the windows loading screen it would reboot itself 3 or 4 times before going through the whole thing without rebooting. I formatted and reinstalled a couple times, didn't fix it so I figured it was a hardware thing. I haven't changed anything with the hardware for a while so I figure something is dying, probably the motherboard... System was a 600mhz but I went into the bios and set it to run at 400mhz and it stopped rebooting at random times, works fine now. Anyone know what the problem is or how I could fix it?
----------------------------------------
Kurosh of Black Death
[Oct 23, 2003 11:08:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

Re: [Moved] computer troubleshooting Reply to this Post

Don't you want to put this in Technical Issues? :P
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Oct 23, 2003 11:46:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kraken

Re: [Moved] computer troubleshooting Reply to this Post

On some intelligent motherboards, when your cpu starts to overheat it will shut itself down. I had one of these.. It was because the fan went out and the cpu overheated a lot. I ended up burning it up because I didnt realize it at the time. You should check your fans to make sure they are working. Also if a stick of ram goes bad, your computer will reboot if it tries to access that stick. Disable the fastscan thing in your bios, (or enable full scanning or whatever its called in your bios) and let the computer scan all your ram. It will tell you if a stick is bad.
Gorth

Midnight:
-Senior Officer of Dastardly Deviant Devils.

Azure:
-Owner of Spring Blade Iron Monger on Spring Island.
-Senior Officer of Dastardly Deviant Devils.
[Oct 23, 2003 9:49:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates