• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 772 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Roofiyohoho

Timer booched. At least for poker Reply to this Post

I am in a 20 seconds per turn game. No way the timer is 20 seconds. More like 5-10. (random value, I watched a clock) Sometimes even less. I barely have time to light a cigarette before it goes out. I actually tested a few hands, and let the hourglass to empty. And yes, I tripplechecked, it is a 20 seconds per turn game.

No idea how this works and how is it measured, but something is terribly wrong there. And no, the server doesn't lag for me. Wasn't like that 2 weeks ago, when I last time played. It's terribly frustrating to only have time to watch the cards then the game autofolds you.
[Jun 1, 2006 10:29:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
coolkid12345

Re: Timer booched. At least for poker Reply to this Post

Yeah, the timer didnt work for me either on Poker. No idea why. If I find out I will tell you
----------------------------------------
Arrrrr! Pirateme was here! He says "Attention all who are reading this! Please join my crew 'Pillaging People' which is on the Sage Ocean! Yarrrrrrr!"
[Jun 1, 2006 12:31:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Barrister

Here's one possibility. In all the parlor games, if you repeatedly let the clock run out on your turn, then the system will speed up the timer on subsequent turns. When you start actively playing again, the timer should return to its original value.
Barrister
- YPPedia Administrator
- Looterati
[Jun 1, 2006 7:01:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Roofiyohoho

Bah, good point. I forgot about that. I was indeed afk for a few minutes earlier....
[Jun 1, 2006 11:00:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

I dunno, but my sea battle timer is lagging the battle tonight too. As in, the turn starts before the sand runs out.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Jun 1, 2006 11:17:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates