• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1187 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Lunggwais

Latest Update Making Computer Reboot Reply to this Post

This is definately strange. The program will go through the initial update and then when it opens the main Puzzle Pirates window and downloads all of a sudden my computer will spontaneously reboot before the patch is updated. It does it over and over again. I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, uninstalling java, reinstalling java, uninstalling both, reinstalling both.

This is also not an isolated issue. I have two machines at home so I thought I would try it on the other and it does the same thing to it as well! I know it's early for the patch but at least one other person has mentioned the same issue on these boards in the 'Server Bootched' thread as well. If you have any clue how to fix this issue please let me know!
[Oct 22, 2003 11:43:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bongo

Re: Latest Update Making Computer Reboot Reply to this Post

Aye on my second machine this morning. I went to update YPP! and got a page fault blue screen. W2k fully patched. removed YPP! rebooted reloaded the game same error. Blue screen, page fault in non-pagable area. Timbale
----------------------------------------
Timbale
Conga
see a pattern?
[Oct 23, 2003 12:09:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tee_Beard

You best check your systems, guys. It does sound like either you've got a worm or a problem with your hardware and configuration.
Thesis
It’s kind of funny/sad how I still can find the thing that made me part of Y!PP canon.
[Oct 23, 2003 12:32:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lunggwais

This is definately not a system issue. The ONLY thing that changed from yesterday when it DID work to today when it now does not is the patch. Whatever the problem is it is not a worm or a hardware issue. Any other ideas?
[Oct 23, 2003 12:36:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
perringer

My computer rebooted spontaneously during the update as well, but my spouses did not. I have an AMD chipset on a cheapie MB, she has an Intel chipset. After the reboot, I turned off some background programs (AdAware, Norton AV, etc.) and the YPP installed the update just fine.
[size=10]Aerosol - Captain, Aeronauts
Visit Ye Independents Forum Page!
Visit IM-SIC's Thread!

[Oct 23, 2003 12:40:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    perringer [Link]  Go to top 
Bongo

ok got it working removed YPP turned off virus scanning reinstalled. I had seen the messages about it reporting the install as a virus but never had it booch a install before. Timbale
Timbale
Conga
see a pattern?
[Oct 23, 2003 12:51:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
peekoo

You guys are geniuses! I took your tip and turned off all background scanners, virus checkers, etc. It worked, the install went through just fine and everything is happy again. Never occurred to me that they might see the patch thinger as a virus, or whatever it was doing. How odd! But hey, my world is happy again.
[Oct 23, 2003 1:03:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lunggwais

That worked here as well. Turn off your virus scanners! *grin* Thanks for the tip!
[Oct 23, 2003 1:17:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wolfger

Thank ye, thank ye, thank ye! I ne'r would have thunk to turn off me virus scanner. It's ne'r been an issue before. I just be disgruntled that I lost a night of playing.
Wolfger
SO of the Diamond Dogs
Lord of the flag No Homers
[Oct 23, 2003 1:54:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.wolfger.com    wolfgersilberbaer    wolf4coyot [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates