• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1471 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
data77

You ever get the feeling... ? Reply to this Post

... that you totally messed up? ^_^

Having no clue regarding how this game works (read: total n00b), I'm now stuck with the klutziest of pirate names to explain. Any suggestions on possible ways to correct this, or should I just sit back and have fun with it?
[Apr 25, 2003 9:15:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Who am I? Reply to this Post

Many others have had this problem. They log on thinking they'll just use their mail name or screenname (or some other succession of letters that hardly comes across as a piratey moniker) and feel out of place.
But since Y!PP isn't a game about XP accumulation, this problem is relatively easy to fix.

Just make a new character with the name you want and start again.

If you have some outfit or gold you'd like to keep, find an Admin (likely Cleaver, Nemo, Ruby or Barnaby) and we'll be happy to hold your items and hand them to your new character. Admins are most likely to be found between 1:00 and 3:00 PST. Type /who to see who (all players and Admins) is playing and where.

Your rankings shouldn't be an issue. The rank system is designed to quickly place you in the appropriate rank, so, if your old character is "Master," you'll be ranked "Master" with your new character after only a few battles.

-Nemo
----------------------------------------
[Apr 25, 2003 9:31:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rengor

Re: You ever get the feeling... ? Reply to this Post

Your account name Data77? if so that doesn't matter really, most of us have an account name that is different from the character they usually play. Just use a signature with your char name (if you want ofcourse).
Would actually be nice if they could flip the change account name here. But I think they don't really want to, because they want to keep game account and board account names matching.

If it's a character name, well then it can't be that old yet, just delete it or make a new one! ;)

Oh and welcome!
----------------------------------------
-= SilverBeard of The Mad Mutineers =-
--=== www.madmutineers.com ===--
[Apr 25, 2003 9:31:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates