• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 330
Posts: 330   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 59192 times and has 329 replies Next Thread
Springheel

Re: Battle Of The Sexes Event Blockade

When did this turn from friendly banter to everyone taking things way too seriously? It was a fun blockade, if a little flawed in the jobber amounts. Thanks to everyone for hosting it and the hilarious officer chat comments in Fandango :)
----------------------------------------
blah blah blah
[Jun 3, 2006 10:04:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Castleina

I had the best time today with everyone...I am pleased to have been a part of this wonderful experience. I have to agree that everyone pulled together extremely well and conquered all. To that i raise my drink to all of you....CLINK.....You all rock!!! See ya all on the water...Castlezion/zioncastle
I'm not a paranoid schitzophrenic....stop looking at us!!!
[Jun 3, 2006 10:04:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dbavirt

The ocean is unbelievably generous! When we found we needed to come up with 2 million in blockade supplies in a week, I thought we were finished. Amazingly, we reached our goal within 3 days. And this is after we'd already been asking all of you for ship loans and raffle donations....

Onelove put a huge amount of thought and energy into this event. She was always concerned about things being open, fun, and fair. Despite some potentially serious setbacks, she obviously succeeded. It was an honor and a pleasure to work with you, Onelove.
TheRack wrote: 
And aint sigging a cliche in itself.... I mean some people have the same damn text at the bottom of maybe 4000 posts....

[Jun 3, 2006 10:09:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Erfan

Why are we not being gracious winners? Why has only one female said "thanks for the fun?"

I'm going to guess it had something to do with the fact that all these men... boys came on here telling us to get back in the kitchen. You want gracious winners, try not to be such sore losers. You lost, get over it. In any blockade there is going to be one side with more people. This time it just happened to be a battle of the sexes.

I'd also like to point out that some of those women on our side were MEN with female alts, purposely booching to bring us down.

Now what is with these ribbons you're all talking about?

Nemesis says, "Since Erfan joined us, let me just give a blanket, totally not directed at anyone (ERFAN), warning that certain topics are not to be talked about on the docks."
Chaotic Neutral/Sushicide Royal/avatar by Cattrin
[Jun 3, 2006 10:11:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitter.com/erfan    YPPErfan [Link]  Go to top 
thespian

We yell at everyone else for doing it, so.

Use the edit button, so that you don't have to DP, unless you like that sorta thing ... *giggles and hides, to keep from getting into too much trouble*

if I was replying to the same post, I would, but posts where someone responds to 7 other posts, a snippet at a time, in one massive reply post, often make no sense. If I add more to a previous response, I edit, if I respond to something completely different, I don't.

(edit: I should also say, if I am responding to two things that are right there, on the same page, I will sometimes combine responses as well But in this case, I replied to one thing on that page, then 10 minutes later to something 4 pages back)

Thes.

Thespian says, "you have a doll, you selfish meanie. I just have a vulva."
Peeteegee says, "Hey, I picked out the colours for your vulva."
Nemesis says, "I'm...leaving now."

[Edit 1 times, last edit by thespian at Jun 3, 2006 10:22:57 PM]
[Jun 3, 2006 10:19:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Maltorg

If our battle coordination was half as good as our posting coordination, we might have actually won a around :P
** Maltorg ** of Midnight
aka "Salty Malt"
Trader of Mice of Vengeance
[Jun 3, 2006 11:46:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    iron_ace    IronAce88 [Link]  Go to top 
EvilAurian

and just for all of our amusement. screenietime!

It was a blast, let's do it again next year!

~Laurian/Tyronica
Evilaurian
[Jun 4, 2006 12:35:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
evilbob71

Damn, from reading some of the comments this is ridiculous. It was suppose to be fun. It is good to see some of these positive remarks. I couldn't join because I was helping my mother after her surgery, but from what I read it looked like it would be awesome and sounds like for the most part it was.
Rome wrote:

erm, Rebe, I thank you, I'm not really the person on the "hang you' bandwagon"

[Jun 4, 2006 1:02:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EvilAurian

okay waiiiiit.

we had a blast. the TS server for the ladies was great fun. it went smooth, we made stupid jokes, crewchat was great. comments were fun. aftermatch will always be like this. we already expected that.

who cares who won, there was fun, we should do it more often.

stop reading into the comments more then there is.

Thanks Onelove. And Dbavirt.

rock on

~lauri
Evilaurian
[Jun 4, 2006 3:10:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Thanks to Onelove and Dbavirt for organising this.

It was immense fun from the start, and round one was even all the way.

Congratulations to all the jobbers who actually made the job for us XO's really easy and fun. The effort you put in to puzzling and having a laugh was great.

Thank you to everyone who was on TS on the girlie side, it has to be said i've never laughed so much in a long time!!

Well done all the boys out there too who helped make this as fun as a blockade as it was.

At the end of the day there was always going to be a winner and a loser (that's blockades for you!), but i sincerely hope this can be done again!

Halee you did an amazing job, as did Adesh.

And if i missed someone out, thank you too!

Until next time...

Calamarie (aka Mariclare) - Captain Pigtopus
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!
Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mari_ at Jun 4, 2006 3:23:19 AM]
[Jun 4, 2006 3:22:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Comet1604

I'm just really concerned about the number of men crossdressing around here...

Am I the only one who find it disturbing?

have you seen Rent?

Nopes, not yet. Is it worth it? :)

yes but you will be greatly disturbed by one man's cross dressing

thats all im saying about it

Gotta get around to renting it after I go see "The Omen" next week. Have to hold Cara's hand through it, he doesn't like scary horrorflicks *heh*.

*giigles* i want to see it the day it comes out with some freinds. i think ill see it at night...
I have to wait till Cara gets here, he wants to see it too.

I saw the original when I was about 8 years old and have loved it since. So the remake is just awesome to me. I'm a "real man" when it comes to horrorflicks - the nastier, the better :D

Gonna go see it Sunday evening I thinkses.

Oh, and on the malebashing note: urmom!

She breaks into giggle fits during the gory death scenes......

Giggle fits people! That ain't normal for anyone!
Caralad of the Midnight Ocean.

Fuoco says, "When I rule the world, I'm kicking you in the gonads."
Fuoco says, "And you can quote me on that."
[Jun 4, 2006 5:59:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Argemone

have you seen Rent?

Gotta get around to renting it after I go see "The Omen" next week. Have to hold Cara's hand through it, he doesn't like scary horrorflicks *heh*.

*giigles* i want to see it the day it comes out with some freinds. i think ill see it at night...

I saw the original when I was about 8 years old and have loved it since. So the remake is just awesome to me. I'm a "real man" when it comes to horrorflicks - the nastier, the better :D

I spy the beginnings of a quote pyramid.. One to rival Giza?
Ligeia (Ly-Gee-Ah), Midnight Cerulean
Going Down,
Universe A
[Jun 4, 2006 6:19:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tarajayne

Wow, Get back in the kitchen. You guys are original.

Reasons why the woman crushed the little boys, according to husband Deanyu:
1-I wasn't navving.
2-When boys started losing they left because they can't stand to lose.
3-Boys are too busy waving around their John Thomases to see whose is bigger to worry about winning a blockade.

Reasons why the woman crushed the little boys according to whiny booty boys in my flag, well every other excuse imaginable, just as expected.

/me assigns every boy in crew the title COOK and says GET IN THE KITCHEN MEN.
Bridalgirl

I get around.
[Jun 4, 2006 9:29:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
msanthrowpe

have you seen Rent?

Cara, you have a photo on your avatar that demonstrates your ability to scratch your nose from around 5 corners.

Normal??????

On a lighter note, that was an amazing good time and way to go Onelove!!! It was a real privilege to work and play with all the women out there. Halee, you again provided excellent guidance and leadership as an admiral and the drivers were all terrific!

Fellas, it was a good game and I enjoyed the competetition! Thanks for a good afternoon :D

/me now heads back into the kitchen, cuz she ain't ran across too many men able to cook like she can...

Sailmaker.
whose experience in Kitchen is Sublime
Sailmaker

Death, but no sins.
Rumbullion tells ye, "ok sails I need to log, but remember, the liver is evil... it must be punished!"
[Jun 4, 2006 9:36:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AmericaYarr

More Congrats

As a jobbing contact for the ladies side, I wanted to say,

"AWESOME, AWESOME job getting to the right ships, ladies!!!!"

We had a lot of pirates moving around many ships boarding, and the ladies really rose to the challenge and found their ships quickly.
I always knew it was the ladies who kept blockades running smoothly.

Also, a special thanks to the following flags for giving our event a flag broadcast:

Queen Anne's Revenge (Thanks Pirateswench!)
Faminto Por Sangue (Thanks Silverdagger!)
Crimson Tide (Thanks AndyP!)
Silver Dawn (Thanks Darianne!)
Don't Panic (Thanks Senatus!)
Lawful Intentions (Thanks Katkin!)
Training Wheels (Thanks Hoochiecooch!)
Broadsiders (Thanks Burley!)
Widows and Orphans (Thanks Treasuresal!)
Playing With Matches (Thanks Theblackrose)
Raptus Regaliter (Thanks Puffnstuff!)
Moonlighting (Thanks Feylind!)
Heartless Shadows (Thanks Nikkik)

(I am sure there are many more flags involved, these are just the ones I approached to give the event a jobber boost)
America, formerly a Dango
Always lost in space
[Jun 4, 2006 10:29:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ms_national

Re: More Congrats

Congrats to everyone that took part in this event. It was a blast. Onelove you Rock!!
[Jun 4, 2006 10:54:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Looseweed

Too many nanny goats dis thread.

funniest female complaint wrote: 
- Spies in our chat

Sistas chat? lol.

Evdivence! -

[19:28:56] Looseweed shouts, "gofi this link: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=37962"
[19:29:03] Drunklizard says, "ok"
[19:29:05] Looseweed shouts, "an post de following words:"
[19:29:12] Looseweed shouts, "Get back in the kitchen!"
[19:31:29] Dolphines tells you, "*thwaps* I saw that!"

funniest female accusation wrote: 
I agreed to it HOWEVER - I DID NOT agree to you guys buying large shot to stock the thing.

:)

Howforde grindsman gwan grind wifout dem balls? Hehe. Bes 20k I eva spent.

funniest female speculation wrote: 

Bakra battybwoys downpress I !!

fode rekhaad - (jobbin numbas)
rd1) boys 115, girls 204
rd2) boys 103, girls 215
rd3) boys 74, girls 214

So now what you binghis all ghetfi say you beens a mashup wif 3 sistas! (ceptfi dem dresswearin chichi mans) Das jus good one dem pronstography shows!

Thank you Onelove for this fantastic blockade! And everyone else who helped made it a success! *hugs to all*

Bigups Oneslove fode blockade!
Bigups Dbavirt fidoin I job!
Bigups all dem navvas an puzzlasfi sticksin tode navswap!
Bigups dem bruvas fi lettin 3 girls pile on dem each!
Bigups dem sistas fi all dey boononomous work in dat kitchen!

-loose,
man
[Jun 4, 2006 12:23:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Framling

Congratulations to all the jobbers who actually made the job for us XO's really easy and fun. The effort you put in to puzzling and having a laugh was great.

Thank you to everyone who was on TS on the girlie side, it has to be said i've never laughed so much in a long time!!

Agreed :) That was one of the easiest XOing gigs I've ever had. It was a pleasure on all fronts.

It was also really neat to hang out and talk with people I might never have met, otherwise. I love the people I normally blockade with, but it was awesome meeting people from other oceans.

Thanks for the fun, mates, and congrats on both sides for making this event even better than I thought it would be. Well done :)
Framling on Viridian

Lolpirate says, "O.o Your ability to rhyme is unholy."

[Jun 4, 2006 12:27:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    framlingem [Link]  Go to top 
DolphineQ

funniest female complaint wrote: 
- Spies in our chat

Sistas chat? lol.

Evdivence! -

[19:28:56] Looseweed shouts, "gofi this link: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=37962"
[19:29:03] Drunklizard says, "ok"
[19:29:05] Looseweed shouts, "an post de following words:"
[19:29:12] Looseweed shouts, "Get back in the kitchen!"
[19:31:29] Dolphines tells you, "*thwaps* I saw that!"

Hey! I blame the boyfriend for telling me on Skype!

funniest female accusation wrote: 
I agreed to it HOWEVER - I DID NOT agree to you guys buying large shot to stock the thing.

Howforde grindsman gwan grind wifout dem balls? Hehe. Bes 20k I eva spent.

funniest female speculation wrote: 

Yeah, I am still concerned about this, Loosey...
But heck, men in kilts ARE hawt, so why not? :p

PS. The boyfriends comment to this post:
Traitor :P

*thwaps Cara* Be nais!
Finding someone with a valid opinion is akin to hitting an 'A' paper in your marking pile. So rare, but suddenly worth all the crap you had to sift through to find it.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by DolphineQ at Jun 4, 2006 3:12:14 PM]
[Jun 4, 2006 3:10:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
godsgirl2480

I also wanted to take the time to everyone who helped organize this blockade. I had SO much fun! And it would not have been fun if so many men hadn't showed up and worked their butts off. So, guys- Thanks for showing us a good time!

Onelove- M'lady you were awesome, I can't believe you worked on this for 3 months! Thanks for letting me slide in 2 days before and be a jobbing contact.

Halee- Thanks for being you! You did so much and you didn't get frustrated that I saw. I know how tough it was in the beginning to have jobbers just sitting aroung, clogging chat with, "When are we leaving?" You helped keep those of us doing the jobbing organized and I really appreciate it.

Dbavirt- Thank you for all you did to organize as well. As I said earlier, it would not have been fun without you guys. I meant it. And I think you did some wonderful things in trying to organize the men's team.
I play on Midnight!

~Ginnypotter
Former Captain of GotKids (now an SO)
current Queen of Seeds of God

~Proud mum to two Princesses:
Emily 8/26/02 and
Rachel 6/7/06
[Edit 1 times, last edit by godsgirl2480 at Jun 5, 2006 8:17:34 AM]
[Jun 5, 2006 8:16:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dbavirt

Just so everybody understands the roles...

This was Onelove's event, start to finish. We didn't divide things up where she took the girls side and I took the guys side. She took direct responsibility for both sides, and did a tremendous job.

All the planning and organization: Onelove. I just helped with execution wherever I could. :)
TheRack wrote: 
And aint sigging a cliche in itself.... I mean some people have the same damn text at the bottom of maybe 4000 posts....

[Edit 1 times, last edit by dbavirt at Jun 5, 2006 8:47:58 AM]
[Jun 5, 2006 8:46:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ttpenna

Barnacle i was stuck on the traffic only logged on middle of the 3rd round ><

/me kicks brazil
Ttpenna Meridian

R.I.P Yokomoko
R.I.P Hamandcheese
[Edit 1 times, last edit by ttpenna at Jun 6, 2006 5:07:35 AM]
[Jun 6, 2006 5:04:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    108765490 [Link]  Go to top 
bcsingingmom

I too would like to thank Onelove for planning this event and inviting me to participate as a navver. I had a fabulous time... one of the best of my Y!PP experience.

Special thanks to my XO Calamarie - you were awesome! And to my wonderful team of puzzlers - your all have mad skills!

How refreshing to be able to spend an afternoon laying aside flag politics and just have fun!
Seerauber
back from Davy Jones' Locker and now on Obsidian

[Jun 6, 2006 8:59:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
evilgamer

Hey my friend told me there was a list of winners for the rafflee does anyone know where it is
Toren on midnight
[Jun 17, 2006 6:43:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IantheKorean

Hey my friend told me there was a list of winners for the rafflee does anyone know where it is

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=38663

About 5 threads up as of posting this.
[Jun 19, 2006 10:00:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
om2

l am so siked out to do this thing for the guys!!!!!! l can bilge like yeah so l will be able to go (l am Poet) unless something happens... then lm going to cry.... l got spirit!!!!!!!!
When God sneezes, what do you say?
[Jan 13, 2007 2:31:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
om2

oh.... it ended >.<
When God sneezes, what do you say?
[Jan 13, 2007 2:37:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
melissab

Start preparing.. we're planning a part 2.
Onelove
Please support Boarding for Breast Cancer.
[Jan 19, 2007 2:53:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HockeyRas

I offer navving for the d00ds...but I have female alt so I can nav for ladies...depends who wants me. /em giggles madly
~Bootymoe
SO of The Booty Mooners
Ex-Govenor of Winter Solstice
[Jan 19, 2007 3:11:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HockeyRas

Just forget anything I posted, I'm in a rush and only read the first page, lol
~Bootymoe
SO of The Booty Mooners
Ex-Govenor of Winter Solstice
[Jan 19, 2007 3:12:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 330   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates