• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 18
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2133 times and has 17 replies Next Thread
Benzene265

The name El Pollo Diablo is taken at least twice!

Vanguard, you really should pave over those commod spawns on Napi with some original names. If you need assistance, I have two hearties who are currently Sublime/Ult in Punning. I'm sure that for a reasonable fee, they can come up with fantastic and, more importantly, subtle names for your next thirty shipyards.
----------------------------------------
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
[May 14, 2006 11:16:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
black_beard7

Re: The name El Pollo Diablo is taken at least twice!

Ill do it for free with the help of me mates.
Triggster.
On all oceans, but mainly Viridian.
Captain of Trigonometry. Lord and former royal of RiddleMakers.
[May 14, 2006 11:23:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joris

I like the name El Pollo Diablo being used multiple times. It's kind of like a branch. You know you can get quality ships at El Pollo Diablo on Kirin, so if you see the same name on another island, you know you will receive the same quality and are sponsoring the same owners. Like a franchise.
Belgica
Teh Poke faktor candidate 07/07
[May 14, 2006 12:14:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

Neither of your posts are helping me get a 10% agent fee from Framling and Astrolabe for getting Calais to pay them for puns.
[May 14, 2006 12:35:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
Nemor

Neither of your posts are helping me get a 10% agent fee from Framling and Astrolabe for getting Calais to pay them for puns.

I think you are going about this the wrong way. Vanguard is perfectly fine with giving crap names to shoppes or allowing the buyer to name them. Why would we pay for ideas when we feel ours are perfectly fine? Now if you slide us some poe, we may take in consideration your suggestions for the flag shoppe names. You have to make us want to allow you to name the shoppes. Right now were happy with our boring Vanguard naming schemes. I think 10k a character sound like a good price? To show our generocity, we will cut the price of the spaces between words down 7% for every shoppe you name. "Requiem for a Dream" would only cost 190k for the first time... but 30k of that would go down with each name purchased. Its a steal!
Previous King of Vanguard.

Nemor
Me carping
[May 14, 2006 2:07:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Skype: nemor1 [Link]  Go to top 
RhiannonS

I like the name El Pollo Diablo being used multiple times. It's kind of like a branch. You know you can get quality ships at El Pollo Diablo on Kirin, so if you see the same name on another island, you know you will receive the same quality and are sponsoring the same owners. Like a franchise.

Yeah.. sure ... like this is real life and ship coming from one specific shoppes are really better than one coming from another one.. Yeah sure Belgica... you are so right.
[Disclaimer]English is not my first language so please excuse my mispell and grammar mistakes.[/disclaimer]

-Rhia
[May 14, 2006 2:11:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

There is one small issue here:

Building Name Policy wrote: 
Buildings should not be named after individual pirates, nor should they duplicate the name of an already-existing building.

Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[May 14, 2006 3:04:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tilghman

Buildings should not be named after individual pirates, nor should they duplicate the name of an already-existing building. On The Same Island.

Fixed
The One The Only LeOgO
[May 14, 2006 3:08:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.myspace.com/exorcistian    PunkingSatan [Link]  Go to top 
metalnicka

Yeah.. sure ... like this is real life and ship coming from one specific shoppes are really better than one coming from another one.. Yeah sure Belgica... you are so right.

/me claps. Well said!
Panteraa is drinking and might be too busy to respond.
Formerly of Sage Ocean/Free Harmonica Lessons/Tea and Strumpets.
Lovely avatar courtesy of the lovely Tilinka.
[May 14, 2006 3:41:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

No, but when a lot of people buy their ships/fleet/stock, they certainly take into account who owns what. So, if you are an ally of Vanguard, buying from one of their shoppes can be a lot different from buying from someone else's shoppe, know what I mean? It is a cycle of money.
Desmagicus

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatmas Gandhi
[May 14, 2006 4:27:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joris

No, but when a lot of people buy their ships/fleet/stock, they certainly take into account who owns what. So, if you are an ally of Vanguard, buying from one of their shoppes can be a lot different from buying from someone else's shoppe, know what I mean? It is a cycle of money.

Thank you for interpreting my post the right way.

We all know there is no difference between the same ship catagories Rhia, however there is a quality difference in items. An item that requires more expert hours and less basic ones (this only counts for items that dust) will last longer before dusting than one with more basic and less expert.

The name El Pollo Diablo tells me I am supporting Calais and his efforts, which is enough for me. I like to think that a ship coming from an El Pollo Diablo shoppe is more worthy of my sailing than one from another yard.

This concept would be unique on Y!PP and I feel Calais should look into opening an El Pollo Diablo on every island.
Belgica
[May 14, 2006 4:37:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moler22190

Aren't there Tailor shoppes on Midnight that do something similar? They have a website for their shoppes, they offer outfit suggestions and planning, all that good stuff. Even though they offer the same products as every other Tailor, it seems much better to buy from them.

God, I can't remember the name of it to save me.
Don't pave me, please!
For real this time wrote: 
but I shall no longer take any active part in the game, on any ocean.

Join the local PPA - Puzzle Pirates Anonymous, coming to a town near you!
[May 14, 2006 5:26:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    moler22190 [Link]  Go to top 
joris

Quid Pro clothes?
Belgica
[May 14, 2006 5:56:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moler22190

That's it.
Don't pave me, please!
For real this time wrote: 
but I shall no longer take any active part in the game, on any ocean.

Join the local PPA - Puzzle Pirates Anonymous, coming to a town near you!
[May 14, 2006 7:05:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    moler22190 [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Buildings should not be named after individual pirates, nor should they duplicate the name of an already-existing building. On The Same Island.

Fixed

The building policy does not say on the same island. One of the apothecary shoppes on Delta on Midnight got renamed because it was too similar to another shoppe on Xi. As of right now, the only buildings that share names are ones on different oceans, except El Pollo Diablo.

The Building Talk page on the YPPedia implies that this policy applies to buildings oceanwide.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Thunderbird at May 14, 2006 7:24:47 PM]
[May 14, 2006 7:22:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

I think 10k a character sound like a good price?

So, "Nemor iz teh sux" would be 160k? I'll start saving!

Stop shooting larger holes in my lame business plans. <3
[May 14, 2006 8:23:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
Kaet

The building policy does not say on the same island. One of the apothecary shoppes on Delta on Midnight got renamed because it was too similar to another shoppe on Xi. As of right now, the only buildings that share names are ones on different oceans, except El Pollo Diablo.

On Midnight, there are at least three shipyards named variations of "Fish and Ships." Those haven't been changed (unless the wiki has not been updated).

Maybe the policy only applies when an owner complains?
[May 14, 2006 9:14:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
black_beard7

I think 10k a character sound like a good price? prize!

Fixed
Triggster.
On all oceans, but mainly Viridian.
Captain of Trigonometry. Lord and former royal of RiddleMakers.
[May 15, 2006 8:22:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates