• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 32
Posts: 32   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4005 times and has 31 replies Next Thread
moler22190

Attack the Prize! (Postponed)

I was trying to contact everyone in game first, but I haven't been able to. I'm going to postpone. After talking about my event to the higher ups, it's going to be a ways off, so I don't want to have to defend an island for 5-6 weeks.

Typhoon hasn't been used yet. Rather then let this go to waste, I'm trying to organize a slooptastic event blockade for it. But, for Typhoon's first event there needs to be a great prize, such as an island. Since I cannot give away Viridis, I figured I'd take an island, to award.

Since they won't donate their island *grumbles* they've forced me to use force. So, next weekend, Corona Island will be attacked, so it can be liberated from Thorn and awarded to a deserving flag in Typhoon's first event blockade.

I'll have a thread up about my event once it is cleared by the higher ups to ask for support.

But, if anyone would like to help attack Corona, that would be great. Send me a PM or reach me in game if you would like to lend a helping hand.
----------------------------------------
Don't pave me, please!
For real this time wrote: 
but I shall no longer take any active part in the game, on any ocean.

Join the local PPA - Puzzle Pirates Anonymous, coming to a town near you!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by moler22190 at May 18, 2006 1:54:43 PM]
[May 13, 2006 8:51:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    moler22190 [Link]  Go to top 
moler22190

Re: Attack the Prize!

Word is that this is a VG backed defense, if that means anything to some of you.

Edit: Gah, double post, my bad.
Don't pave me, please!

[Edit 1 times, last edit by moler22190 at May 13, 2006 11:34:52 AM]
[May 13, 2006 11:34:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    moler22190 [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

Wheeee! Should be fun. Any word from The Crown on whether it will be sinking or not?
Desmagicus

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatmas Gandhi
[May 13, 2006 1:46:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
metalnicka

Good idea! About time Typhoon got some use, and sloops are great fun.
Panteraa is drinking and might be too busy to respond.
Formerly of Sage Ocean/Free Harmonica Lessons/Tea and Strumpets.
Lovely avatar courtesy of the lovely Tilinka.
[May 14, 2006 9:57:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cnj6768

Wheeee! Should be fun. Any word from The Crown on whether it will be sinking or not?

The official stance of The Crown is as follows:

We feel that this is ill intent on the part of Molerman, and that if he wishes to put an island up for the prize, it should be his own island, and not that of someone else.

However, since he has chosen to take on The Crown, then so be it. The monarch will make his decision on the sinking/non-sinking portion of the program during the week, and it will be posted in here so that everyone will know.

If anyone has any questions, issues or concerns pertaining to the stance of The Crown on this matter, you are all free to send a PM to JNC through the forum, post it here, or just send me a tell between 9am and 2:30pm game time.

By the powers that be.....
-Cpt. JNC of Di Cerberus/ Queen of Arcana Imerii
[May 15, 2006 11:47:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.artificialintel.org    carrienjerry2002    GBG68 [Link]  Go to top 
yohohobob

A blockade of corona lol it's taken a long time for someone to find it all the way up there should be fun aslong as The crown make it sinking, which they polly won't.
Madyohoho SO of Di Cerberus-Retired
Lord of Arcana Imperii(Viridian)[quote]Remember, I'm the one that sits back and giggles at you mates while sipping masttails in my pajamas. Besides, Y!PP isn't a game; it's a way of life
[May 15, 2006 12:12:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Saint_Death

JNC wrote: 
We feel that this is ill intent on the part of Molerman, and that if he wishes to put an island up for the prize, it should be his own island, and not that of someone else.

Well, if the blockade is successful, the island will be his.
mcfunky wrote: 
you can't really complain... unless of course your name is saintdeath and complaining is your actual job.

[May 15, 2006 12:14:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flak_88

Corona isn't really the best of islands, this seems more of an opportunity target of Crown of Thorn. If all their allies show the server shall overfloweth with pirates.
Flakcannon, on all English Oceans, except that imposter on Malachite.
Farming, cleaning up your poo, and making you drink it.
[May 15, 2006 12:25:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    habhabhabhab [Link]  Go to top 
moler22190

I have nothing against Thorn. But, I don't see another acceptable outpost that can be targetted. Plus, until the curveball of VG supporting the defense came along, I seemed to have the better odds. I will say this though, I think VG supporting the Crown will hurt them, eventually. Before it was going to be a fun, one on one blockade, now it will be a Cold War esque blockade, with the two major powers funding and supplying the smaller flags for their own personal war.

As far as putting Viridis up for a prize, I can't do that, since it is the flag's island. I'm paying for this out of funds I made as Governor of Viridis, this isn't an official SdM action, rather a Molerman action to provide some fun for the ocean.

Even if the blockade isn't a success, I will still hold the slooptastic event, albeit without an island as the prize.
Don't pave me, please!

[May 15, 2006 1:33:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    moler22190 [Link]  Go to top 
cnj6768

The Crown of Thorn is based upon some of the highest standards in the ocean, and we live by those standards daily. We will not drop a war declaration on you.... but come to Corona's door, and knock.... believe me, we will answer you.

Understand that this decision of yours is not being taken lightly by any means, and is seen as a direct selection against The Crown, to utilize their island for prize purposes. Attempting to take what belongs to someone else, to place up as a reward for your own personal event is not something that is looked highly upon, even by your own alliances.

While you may very well have nothing against Thorn... you are not just dealing with Thorn, but rather his entire flag...VanGuard just so happens to be one of our allies... and a dam good one I might add, thank you very much!

With that said... may I server you a final mug of rum?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by cnj6768 at May 16, 2006 10:10:08 AM]
[May 15, 2006 9:49:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.artificialintel.org    carrienjerry2002    GBG68 [Link]  Go to top 
moler22190

JNC wrote: 
The Crown of Thorn is based upon some of the highest standards in the ocean, and we live by those standards daily.

Ah, of course, I'm sure having your flaggies, monarchs, and fellow royals tell me they are going to "kill me" is such a high standard of moral quality.

While I respect you, Jnc, the other Crown members that I have interacted with are nowhere near your maturity level. They see it fit to fall to petty insults and threats as a means to express their anger. Even your war flag's statement, who sent me a war dec (good call with saying that won't happen due to your "standards") has on the Public Statement that the "King is calling for molerman's death"

.... believe me, we will answer you.

Crown members keep saying this to be, I don't see why. I've heard the threats before, hell I've been in your place and dealt them before. But, this isn't my first rodeo, your threats will not scare me off. Also, having Vanguard run to the door first isn't always fun.

Jnc wrote: 
Attempting to take what belongs to someone else,

See, thats the thing, while your island belongs to you currently, you don't own it. Hence, why I am able to blockade it. If you don't think islands should be taken from other flags, petition it to the OMs. Support@threerings.com is the email for this, I believe. They can also deal with your frustration over having an island put up as a prize in my event.

Jnc wrote: 
..even by your own alliances.

While some of my allies do not respect my decision, that's fine, it is their choice. I'm doing this for my own personal enjoyment, as well as the enjoyment of others. I've had numerous amounts of people, people who have publicly said they dislike me, come up and ask to be involved on my side because they think the idea is fun. The blockade itself is just a kicker to the event. I had some extra PoE lying around from the funds allocated to the Event, so I figured why not add to the enjoyment. It is your choice to blow it out of proportion.

Jnc wrote: 
With that said... may I server you a final mug of rum?

I don't see what you intend by this, do you honestly think I'm going to delete the game from my computer because I loose a blockade? Mate, I've lost a blockade before, it isn't the end of the world, you just pick up, move on, and learn from it.
Don't pave me, please!

[Edit 2 times, last edit by moler22190 at May 16, 2006 5:03:36 AM]
[May 16, 2006 4:55:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    moler22190 [Link]  Go to top 
IceColdFire

Moler wrote: 
While I respect you, Jnc, the other Crown members that I have interacted with are nowhere near your maturity level.

That there is the quote of the day. Jnc, i highly respect you and you've constantly been a joy to talk to the few times we ran into each other on the Sakejimmini cricket docks. However, some points stand in this game. Understanding does not equal proactive results.

You can have the best morals in the ocean, and document them perfectly in tiny little guidelines, but ultimately people are going to act first on instinct. Crown of Thorn has established itself as one of the 'youngest' flags in the ocean, and personally i believe this is the reason they never truly flourished even alongside how long they have actually been a flag.

I enjoyed having Thorn as a jobber on my brig the other day, by the way. But on the same brig, while filtering jobbers, i had to resist clicking the button to three of your flaggies ranked officer or higher due to lack of stats.

But hey, everybody needs a chance to prove themselves. Here is yours.

Fact of the day: Molerman and SdM weren't the only ones who wanted Corona. Centering them out for quote unquote low actions is just as redundant as pinning the ocean on Thorn individually.
-Twiggy

Zezuma says, "what type of ship is this"
Jiiggsaw says, "i think a war fridge"

[May 16, 2006 5:49:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cnj6768

Ahh Twiggy hon... love the avatar! And I do have to agree with you that this is in fact the time for The Crown to show its true colors amongst the higher and elder flags in the ocean. :)

And, in regard to some of our officers having lower stats, those officers are alts :) There is one, um.. Yarokii I believe, whose sister decided that messing around with the account information would be a fun idea LOL Well, needless to say, the poor lad had to start all over again and had no means of sailing his own vessels. Ah the life of a pirate lol

I too though hold great caution when jobbing pirates that are ranked higer, with lower stats. I understand your stance on that perfectly, as I too also follow along those same measures.

I hold no discontent towards anyone on the ocean whatsoever. Although I may find others choices....questionable (case in hand being one of those moments), but, all is indeed in good fun. :)

Coincidentally, I have no hold, nor bearing, nor control over any portion of any type of war flag and/or crew. Although I do have my own personal crew with my alt (Excaliber), it is a fledgling crew that is just there for me to play around with and have fun with (btw, if anyone wants to join let me know... all we really do is bomb around the ocean and run sloop pillages now and then... so if anyone just wants to relax... and hide in their alt... send me a tell LOL )

Mind you, that I have met personally with Molerman, within my own home, to discuss the issue(s) at hand, I have never once (and if he is as wise as I think he is, he too will tell you this truth) asked for him to call off the blockade. I merely asked him what brought on his decision to attack Corona Reef. :)

Hey, it is an 'open' island... and it is an outpost, thus the fame of the flag and the war drop is attainable by almost any flag on the ocean, but the choice he made to attack for the intent of giving up Corona as a grand prize, has admittedly raised some questions with me...which, I feel that anyone in my position would also be asking.

Hey... rum anyone? :))
[Edit 1 times, last edit by cnj6768 at May 16, 2006 8:57:08 AM]
[May 16, 2006 7:03:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.artificialintel.org    carrienjerry2002    GBG68 [Link]  Go to top 
yohohobob

I don't really see how if moler does win how he can give it away as a prize as before the event happens someone might blockade it and win, also the flag that wins the event will have to have the right flame to hold the island which most do, but not all.
Madyohoho SO of Di Cerberus-Retired
Lord of Arcana Imperii(Viridian)[quote]Remember, I'm the one that sits back and giggles at you mates while sipping masttails in my pajamas. Besides, Y!PP isn't a game; it's a way of life
[May 16, 2006 8:01:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Saint_Death

About the fame:
Moler wrote: 
a. If fame is not sufficient, SdM will hold the island for one weekend, but not defend it. Flags can either transfer it in that time to another flag, or puzzle for the fame. After the end of one week, if the winning flag doesn't reach fame, or intent for transfer isn't posted, SdM will award it to the next flag.

mcfunky wrote: 
you can't really complain... unless of course your name is saintdeath and complaining is your actual job.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Saint_Death at May 16, 2006 8:27:49 AM]
[May 16, 2006 8:27:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tyler21796

can i join my crew with your flag?????
**--(Sworder) CI addicted Wench of Hunter--**

Croft wrote: 
IF YOU DON,T LIKE IT DON,T READ IT!!!

[May 16, 2006 9:41:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    monkeyman21796 [Link]  Go to top 
cnj6768

can i join my crew with your flag?????

Um.... ROFL ... um...O_o
[May 16, 2006 11:12:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.artificialintel.org    carrienjerry2002    GBG68 [Link]  Go to top 
moler22190

Mandyohoho wrote: 
I don't really see how if moler does win how he can give it away as a prize as before the event happens someone might blockade it and win,

To that, I'd either try to have blockades turned off for a few weeks, but I doubt that is possible.

In the event we win, I'll figure out how I'll deal with an attack :)
Although, I think if we win, there will be more support on my side, because we are defending a prize, rather then a political goal.
Don't pave me, please!

[May 16, 2006 4:42:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    moler22190 [Link]  Go to top 
vincanity6

It's difficult to tell if you understood or not, but the context in which he used that your flag is one of the youngest in the ocean, did not apply to the actual time-frame the flag has been together. Instead it was directed to the age of the player base in your flag, and seeing as you purchased the island off Pay for Play your flag shouldn't be complaining. Molerman's intent was to take the control of the island and give it out as a prize, that's his choice, if you don't like it defend the island.
Formerly Vincanity on the viridian ocean.
[May 16, 2006 4:48:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hellrat

As I understand Corona is up for blockade at any time. I personally think it was gone about the wrong way, however, what's done is done. We will do what we can to defend our island, and if it's taken over, then so be it. Just know that we WILL be defending.

It has been mentioned that we are a "young" flag. Time wise you are right in the fact that we are not that young, but we do have some young officers, as do many other flags. The royals in the flag are all older and have more understanding of the way the world works. For those of you that are older, look around at the children you are close too in real life and tell me if they would be able to keep thier thoughts under controll.... my guess is not. And most kids will speak LONG before they think. Be patient with them, and if need be just ignore them. We were all like that once too.

This is a game of many age groups, young and older. If you can't handle the fact of playing with kids, then you shouldn't play at all. Otherwise just ignore the "threats" in the game from the children. If you are getting them from the adults... then there is a problem.

I'm not saying that it is right that the kids are making "threats" and if you let one of the officers/royals know about this... the individual will be spoken too. If it continues after that, take it up with an OM... we can't controll what others say and do(not that we'd want to) all we can do is guide them to make play more fun.

If you have a problem with anything you can always contact me during game time, Hellrat, is the name or send an e-mail Hellrat75@hotmail.com.

Thanks
Rattie aka Hellrat
[May 17, 2006 6:48:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

Rattie, I'd like to commend you for putting on a very professional face for your flag in these turbulent times. You, JNC, and others from The Crown have shown that there are mature mates in yer flag.

Kind of ironic though, when you look at the crew called Kings Calling, the war crew for The Crown, and you look at the public info, says something to the effect of, "The King is calling for Molerman to die," (or be killed, or some jibberish like that).

Oh, wait, my bad....don't the senior, mature, mates in yer flag run that crew?

Whoops.
Desmagicus

-Mahatmas Gandhi
[May 17, 2006 9:46:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cnj6768

Actually, no , we don't. The Upper So's of The Crown are solely representative of just The Crown, and do not have a hold whatsoever in King's Calling.

You are mistaking our Upper SO's for the upper officers of King's Calling, which I assure you are NOT members of 'KC'. These officers representing KC are ones not affiliated, nor associated in any manner with The Crown of Thorn. The only direct association that The Crown holds with King's Calling, is the monarch of The Crown himself, Thorn.

May I also remind everyone, that King's Calling, and The Crown are two separate entities, that are not associated in any manner whatsoever, outside of alliance and the captain. Senior Officers of The Crown intentionaly remove themselves from King's Calling's circle, to avoid a possible conflict of interest from within The Crown in and of itself as a flag. Especially the royals.

I thank you however, for your compliment in regard to the maturity level of the upper officers of The Crown, and remind all once again that even as children, we all acted upon instinct and environmental influence, rather than immediate and planned thought process.

Fair winds mates!
[May 17, 2006 11:48:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.artificialintel.org    carrienjerry2002    GBG68 [Link]  Go to top 
cnj6768

By the way....just so everyone knows I'm taking in my row boat...the "Unique Sinker". Comes fully equipped with 36 cannons,1 bilge.. no carp, no sails and is completely constructed of nothing but sail cloth and enamel. Best bring your rum mugs just in case bilge fills up. =/

Room for two! Join in the fun! Oh yeah, bring your own ores too, I only have one for myself O_o. Let's kick some butt people! Piarte up!!! Remember.. TEAMS!!! WooHoo!! LMAOOOF
[May 17, 2006 11:53:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.artificialintel.org    carrienjerry2002    GBG68 [Link]  Go to top 
Peter_Blood

Ores? Do you need some rocks for ballast or something? Surely your cannons provide enough ballast, but some oars might come in handy to move it, if you've got no sails.
Robberbaron

BSB - Midnight
MG - Sage

Sacrificing Minions: Is there any problem it can't solve? - OotS #192
[May 17, 2006 12:50:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

Why do I get the feeling that two completely different people wrote those two posts? One seems serious, while the other...well, nevermind.
Desmagicus

-Mahatmas Gandhi
[May 17, 2006 3:03:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moler22190

Des wrote: 
"The King is calling for Molerman to die,"

It now says how I should be placed in Davey Jones' Locker then tossed overboard. DJL isn't an actual locker, nor is it a chest. It'll be tough to lock me in it.
Don't pave me, please!

[May 17, 2006 4:08:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    moler22190 [Link]  Go to top 
cnj6768

Why do I get the feeling that two completely different people wrote those two posts? One seems serious, while the other...well, nevermind.

ROFLMAOOOF Ahh ye don't know me vewwy well do ye? LOL
I enjoy the fun of the game mate... hey...ye never know, the row boat may be just the thing to sink a few GF's ye know? LMAO

Look Molerman, as far as what KC says... not my area. Sorry mate. Take it up with 'Slingblade'... or Thorn. Either way, same person. I'm TC....not KC.

BTW, might ye have a few rum mugs ye can spare an old lady? LOLOL Hey... no comments from the peanut gallery now, ye all know I'm illustrious at the bilge...darn well I can put a few good mugs to some use on me row boat. ROFL

(ie y'all.. it's about the FUN of the game.... not the BS behind the political stance of the game...)

To be as blunt and as serious as I've ever been in this forum, my position in TC may very well be high, but I'm no fool to think that this is as high up in the game as I'm ever going to get....

I enjoy the game for what it is. Personally...TC has a 50/50 shot. If we win, kewl. If we don't, hey, that's the game. The political BS has really sunk in, and quite frankly, while that's the one area that I consider to be good at... it's also one area that has required me to take more cases of Advil than I care to admit to.

Point in hand....have fun. Stop the BS. Who cares? It's a game...relax, enjoy... and join me fun on me row boat :))
LOL
(PS: I'm kidnapping Twiggy for the row boat pillage... I'll need bilge LMAO)
[May 17, 2006 8:13:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.artificialintel.org    carrienjerry2002    GBG68 [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

If you need Advil after this mild-mannered thread, then I will kindly suggest indeed finding another aspect of the game that you enjoy and are good at. The forums aren't for everyone, and they shouldn't cause stress.

Now, straight to the facts.

Any row-boats/sloops/cutters you put out on the blockade board will be highly ineffective as opposed to brigs, frigs, etc. It's been tried before. It hasn't worked.

If you meant in times of war, as in sloop versus sloop, then I will warn you: much of SdM does not pillage regularly, or pvp. They will most likely lock the majority of their ships, job a few hearties that love sinking and pvps, and go out hunting for you. Not worth the stress.

Next, to be quite honest, 50/50 odds is a bit high in Crown's favor. You guys don't seem to have a lot of blockade experience, while Molerman has run successful smackdowns before, and will come at you guys not pulling any punches. I will admit their is a chance that you guys could pull it out; but that is slim to none, and don't expect for you to be able to sit back, flag-sit, and blow away the occassional cutter or brig.

Final point: This isn't BS to a lot of people. I'm having fun right now, and I'll have even more come game-time. See you there. =)

Fair Winds,
Desmagicus

-Mahatmas Gandhi
[May 17, 2006 9:54:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Saint_Death

Next, to be quite honest, 50/50 odds is a bit high in Crown's favor. You guys don't seem to have a lot of blockade experience, while Molerman has run a successful smackdown before

I think it was only one, really. There were 2 SdM - SC blockades at Viridis. Unless he was running a blockade for someone else there was only one smackdown and one loss. Two blockades against one flag is not A LOT OF blockade experience, but it is way better than a bought, never defended island.
mcfunky wrote: 

[May 18, 2006 7:48:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chatnoir

Moler, are you ever going to set a time for this so both sides know when they're going to be busy?
"Ere we were two days old at sea, a pirate of very warlike appointment gave us chase. Finding ourselves too slow of sail, we put on a compelled valour, and in the grapple I boarded them..."
Hamlet, Act IV, Scene vi
[May 18, 2006 11:29:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.stillofthenight.org [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 32   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates