• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  


Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 57
Posts: 57   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 13279 times and has 56 replies Next Thread
Jewel27

Member's Avatar


Joined: May 8, 2005
Posts: 57
Status: Offline
Terra Palace Cannot be downgraded and restored....

Ahoy All*+*+*+*+*+*+

Terra Palace cannot be downgraded and upgraded as it has been upgraded as far as it can go.

Calais Dusted in excess of 200 props from the palace on the weekend after losing the island to Star Explorers.

This makes me real sad too that its been left in this manner..

I have spoken to the OMs and they have told me that they cannot fix it. They have suggested I decorate it myself .

So I'm calling on all of you who would like to help restore the palace on Terra and donate Furniture that looks good, anything Maroon or white - Or if you want to donate dubs too so we can buy furniture that would be good too!

Thanks in advance to those already that have donated and those of you out there that will ...

Send a tell to me and lets fix Terra palace to its original glory*+*+*+*+*+

We have redecorated the Apothecary and the Tailors so far that Calais trashed as well, so maybe go and check them out and let me know if you like what we have done there so far..We still have a few other bazzaars to get to but we will fix them asap...


Many thanks

Kalani
----------------------------------------
*+*+*Princess of Star Explorers*+*+*



"Nothing is forever, cept memories...."

[May 9, 2006 1:08:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kraggard

Member's Avatar


Joined: Nov 11, 2005
Posts: 1330
Status: Offline
Re: Terra Palace Cannot be downgraded and restored....

Does anyone else think that Calais should be punished for this act of vandalism to the game?

Surely I can't be the only one.

The last time I recall a losing governor trashed a bunch of props in a few of the shops, there was massive tarting on the forums about it, and the general consensus that it was not the way to play this fine game of ours.
----------------------------------------
Avatar used by permission of Scupperer
erfan wrote: 
It's not his, honey. He's posting pictures of other guys' snakes to make himself feel better because his isn't as impressive.

[May 9, 2006 1:18:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yohohobob

Member's Avatar


Joined: Jul 5, 2005
Posts: 1422
Status: Offline
Re: Terra Palace Cannot be downgraded and restored....

 
Does anyone else think that Calais should be punished for this act of vandalism to the game?

Surely I can't be the only one.

The last time I recall a losing governor trashed a bunch of props in a few of the shops, there was massive tarting on the forums about it, and the general consensus that it was not the way to play this fine game of ours.

I agree calais just ruins everything he has he ruined terra then trashes the palace like an angery 10yr old greenie because he lost how very childish is all I can say. I think the OMs should make him pay to redo it he must have lots of money from the 100% tax he had.
[hwfo]calais is ruining the game![/hwfo]
----------------------------------------
Madyohoho SO of Di Cerberus-Retired
Lord of Arcana Imperii(Viridian)[quote]Remember, I'm the one that sits back and giggles at you mates while sipping masttails in my pajamas. Besides, Y!PP isn't a game; it's a way of life
[May 9, 2006 1:31:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mlik

Member's Avatar


Joined: May 27, 2004
Posts: 1134
Status: Offline
Re: Terra Palace Cannot be downgraded and restored....

He's got that Anti-Midas touch?
----------------------------------------
Mlik, playing the Forum Game.
Play Diplomacy!
Xephin tells you, "Viva le Revolution!"
[May 9, 2006 1:43:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    _dharmy_    dharmy0    2654008 [Link]  Go to top 
moler22190

Member's Avatar


Joined: Apr 27, 2005
Posts: 2149
Status: Offline
Re: Terra Palace Cannot be downgraded and restored....

 
because he lost how very childish is all I can say. I think the OMs should make him pay to redo it he must have lots of money from the 100% tax he had.


I highly doubt its "because he lost" considering he didn't even contend.

The OMs won't do anything. The reason the prop dusting button is there is so, z0mg no way, you can use it.
----------------------------------------
Don't pave me, please!
For real this time wrote: 
but I shall no longer take any active part in the game, on any ocean.

Join the local PPA - Puzzle Pirates Anonymous, coming to a town near you!
[May 9, 2006 1:52:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    moler22190 [Link]  Go to top 
Cardinalsin



Joined: Mar 31, 2006
Posts: 27
Status: Offline

Re: Terra Palace Cannot be downgraded and restored....

 
 
because he lost how very childish is all I can say. I think the OMs should make him pay to redo it he must have lots of money from the 100% tax he had.


I highly doubt its "because he lost" considering he didn't even contend.

The OMs won't do anything. The reason the prop dusting button is there is so, z0mg no way, you can use it.


But I doubt it was put in so one could cause your foe's bulidings to look like crap, which is what this appears to be.
[May 9, 2006 1:56:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flak_88

Member's Avatar


Joined: Aug 14, 2004
Posts: 2588
Status: Offline
Re: Terra Palace Cannot be downgraded and restored....

The argument because it's there doesn't have much merit. I'm sure worrying about public buildings being stripped was not really high on the list when making stalls and shops customizable. Bulldozing an island really isn't a big deal as very few ever look at it. Bulldozing the guts of buildings is something people look it. Personally I don't care if the buildings are all empty (and ought to start as such), but they aren't empty, they look stupid with plants in mid-air and buttons where you would never look.

And the reason the props were removed I'm sure was because it could be done, not because there was any valid reason nor does it further any goal other then getting kicks out of seeing everyone whine about it.

If you had a problem with the exterior, mates could have paid attention to my several VO forums posts that Terra would not be defended (and it wasn't) and blockaded sooner. The interior only takes a week to trash if wanted.
----------------------------------------
Flakcannon, on all English Oceans, except that imposter on Malachite.
Farming, cleaning up your poo, and making you drink it.
[May 9, 2006 2:08:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    habhabhabhab [Link]  Go to top 
Kraggard

Member's Avatar


Joined: Nov 11, 2005
Posts: 1330
Status: Offline
Re: Terra Palace Cannot be downgraded and restored....

Moler wrote: 
 
because he lost how very childish is all I can say. I think the OMs should make him pay to redo it he must have lots of money from the 100% tax he had.


I highly doubt its "because he lost" considering he didn't even contend.

The OMs won't do anything. The reason the prop dusting button is there is so, z0mg no way, you can use it.

Prey tell then why do you think he would do this if not because he lost the island?

And the prop dusting button is there for someone to use to manage scenes that they have the rights to. If Calais had dusted all the props when he first won the building, because that's how he liked it to look, I would have no problem. But to do it once it is evident that he's going to lose the island? That's just spite, pure and simple. No rational person could argue that there was a good or just reason for it.

It was said before, and I'll say it again. When an island is blockaded, when the chest is dropped, there should be no way to modify or destroy any part of that island until the blockade is over.

From arranging furni/dusting props all the way up to adding new buildings or upgrading/downgrading exsisting buildings.

If there is some urgent need to do any of these things, that can't wait 29 hours, I don't know what it could be. But it would keep barnacle like this from happening.
----------------------------------------
Avatar used by permission of Scupperer
erfan wrote: 
It's not his, honey. He's posting pictures of other guys' snakes to make himself feel better because his isn't as impressive.

[May 9, 2006 2:11:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moler22190

Member's Avatar


Joined: Apr 27, 2005
Posts: 2149
Status: Offline
Re: Terra Palace Cannot be downgraded and restored....

I guess I should have clarified. I doubt he was doing it as a temper tantrum, as the poster I was replying to implied.
----------------------------------------
Don't pave me, please!
For real this time wrote: 
but I shall no longer take any active part in the game, on any ocean.

Join the local PPA - Puzzle Pirates Anonymous, coming to a town near you!
[May 9, 2006 2:27:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    moler22190 [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

Member's Avatar


Joined: Jul 1, 2005
Posts: 1430
Status: Offline
Re: Terra Palace Cannot be downgraded and restored....

Agreed. Calais is methodical; not a ten-year old greenie. Not to say that ten-year olds or greenies are bad, after all, but Calais is certainly not one.

As for "restoring" the scarred island, I suggest you start figuring out how to buy out and dust some shoppes, not worry about a missing plant or two in public buildings.
----------------------------------------
Desmagicus

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatmas Gandhi
[May 9, 2006 2:51:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jewel27

Member's Avatar


Joined: May 8, 2005
Posts: 57
Status: Offline
Re: Terra Palace Cannot be downgraded and restored....

One or two hmm - ! the drevil impersonator dusted over 200 items !

Your suggestions are old, we have been there and doing that!

Moler and Juventus, Your post is a tedious, homogenised, chameleon-esque scribble which amounts to nothing more than the demented cacophonous racket of a drugged lunatic banging loudly on kitchen pots and pans. Clearly, you spend way too much time in darkened rooms in front of your seven-year-old computer turning a whiter shade of pale. Go outside once in a while and breathe, before your brain starts to rot from all that festering stagnation and cognitive dysfunction.

If your brain matter was axle grease, there wouldn't be enough in your head to grease the dynamo on a lightening bug's ass. Is that a conclusion or simply the place where you got tired of thinking? You've got a big hole in your head, now shut it. When you are at a loss for words, your loss is our gain. You bring to mind a quote from Josh Billing: "Doesn't know much, but leads the league in nostril hair."



*+*+*+*+

So thanks to all those so far that have sent me donations so far, it is good to know there are generous spirits out there that give a flying bannana about our endeavour...
----------------------------------------
*+*+*Princess of Star Explorers*+*+*



"Nothing is forever, cept memories...."

[May 9, 2006 3:36:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moler22190

Member's Avatar


Joined: Apr 27, 2005
Posts: 2149
Status: Offline
Re: Terra Palace Cannot be downgraded and restored....

Contrary to popular belief, big words do not make you sound intelligent.*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+ You come off with the appearance that you are trying too hard. *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+I find it hard to believe that you actually know the words you blabber out when you can't type a single post or flag statement without adding an obnoxious amount of "*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+".

If you want us to believe your claim of a righteous blockade, buy shoppes and dust them, don't ask for furniture.*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Molerman,
And people complained about UNF.

Oh, and much is said about your character when you feel the need to attempt to insult someone because they disagreed with a blatently false and ill thought out post.

Edits: No stars, too many stars, not enough stars, some grammer errors, Twain's better, and 800th post.
----------------------------------------
Don't pave me, please!
For real this time wrote: 
but I shall no longer take any active part in the game, on any ocean.

Join the local PPA - Puzzle Pirates Anonymous, coming to a town near you!
----------------------------------------
[Edit 6 times, last edit by moler22190 at May 9, 2006 3:58:48 PM]
[May 9, 2006 3:42:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    moler22190 [Link]  Go to top 
Flak_88

Member's Avatar


Joined: Aug 14, 2004
Posts: 2588
Status: Offline
Re: Terra Palace Cannot be downgraded and restored....

 
I guess I should have clarified. I doubt he was doing it as a temper tantrum, as the poster I was replying to implied.


No doubt not a tantrum.

Given the choice, would you rather the person who smashed all the windows out of your car have done it in a fit of rage, or planned for weeks to do it and then did it efficiently when the time was right?

The only plan I seem to be getting out of all this is Calais attempting to do once everything the game allows, no matter how looked down upon. He's not being nasty about it, just undiplomatic about it and whenever he feels. Those who have had their game experience ruined is mostly self-inflicted. However grevious the acts have been, they for the most part have been cosmetic. I was rather looking forward to Terra not producing wood anymore.
----------------------------------------
Flakcannon, on all English Oceans, except that imposter on Malachite.
Farming, cleaning up your poo, and making you drink it.
[May 9, 2006 3:43:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    habhabhabhab [Link]  Go to top 
foudetimbres

Member's Avatar


Joined: Sep 26, 2005
Posts: 812
Status: Offline
Re: Terra Palace Cannot be downgraded and restored....

 
As for "restoring" the scarred island, I suggest you start figuring out how to buy out and dust some shoppes, not worry about a missing plant or two in public buildings.



And a throne and a few other knick-knacks such as that ...
----------------------------------------
Dirtyfoot
Senior Officer of the British Eagles

Eurydice wrote: 
Hee! I like that Glaucus was forced to take the name "Glaucus" because that was the sound you made in your throat before spitting the winning gum.

[May 9, 2006 3:50:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kraggard

Member's Avatar


Joined: Nov 11, 2005
Posts: 1330
Status: Offline
Re: Terra Palace Cannot be downgraded and restored....

Flak wrote: 
The only plan I seem to be getting out of all this is Calais attempting to do once everything the game allows, no matter how looked down upon. He's not being nasty about it, just undiplomatic about it and whenever he feels. Those who have had their game experience ruined is mostly self-inflicted. However grevious the acts have been, they for the most part have been cosmetic. I was rather looking forward to Terra not producing wood anymore.

So when, then, will he be undiplomatically banned from the game for doing said things?
It has been done before for purposely subjecting people to a poor game experience.
Perhaps it is just cosmetic, the damage. But every flag who owns Terra, from this point forwards, will have an empty, plants-floating-in-midair, cruddy looking palace to look forward to. Because I'm betting that each flag that loses the island will hit the "reclaim furniture" button in their info panel and leave the palace just as empty as it is now.
And as has been pointed out before, there are quite a few things that cannot be put back to normal. They just aren't available to players.

If this behavior is a-ok with everyone, I just can't wait until some monarch gets the idea that it'd be great to take an island, destroy every spawn and trash every building they own, and then let the island die, moving on to the next target, until there are no islands left worth having. Oh fun!
----------------------------------------
Avatar used by permission of Scupperer
erfan wrote: 
It's not his, honey. He's posting pictures of other guys' snakes to make himself feel better because his isn't as impressive.

[May 9, 2006 4:05:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

Member's Avatar


Joined: Jul 1, 2005
Posts: 1430
Status: Offline
Re: Terra Palace Cannot be downgraded and restored....

 
One or two hmm - ! the drevil impersonator dusted over 200 items !

Your suggestions are old, we have been there and doing that!

Moler and Juventus, Your post is a tedious, homogenised, chameleon-esque scribble which amounts to nothing more than the demented cacophonous racket of a drugged lunatic banging loudly on kitchen pots and pans. Clearly, you spend way too much time in darkened rooms in front of your seven-year-old computer turning a whiter shade of pale. Go outside once in a while and breathe, before your brain starts to rot from all that festering stagnation and cognitive dysfunction.

If your brain matter was axle grease, there wouldn't be enough in your head to grease the dynamo on a lightening bug's ass. Is that a conclusion or simply the place where you got tired of thinking? You've got a big hole in your head, now shut it. When you are at a loss for words, your loss is our gain. You bring to mind a quote from Josh Billing: "Doesn't know much, but leads the league in nostril hair."



*+*+*+*+



Read it folks. Let it sink deep within. And now venture a guess at our dear friend here's level of maturity. Thus, I will attempt to debunk a few myths.

Calais does not impersonate the drevil, nor the devil, nor IS he the devil. As far as I know, he has not ever participated in any form of devil worship. Please do not insinuate something this offensive to someone else's religious beliefs. My faith is something I take seriously.

I do not attempt to make my posts tedious. I generally have a point I try to make and back it up with facts or quotes. If there is a general consensus that my posts bore everyone, I will stop posting. As for homogenized, I'm not sure what you mean. Nor chameleon-esque, which perhaps refers to a theory that I have an ulterior motive here? Perhaps Calais has guaranteed me an island if I make a certain number of posts insulting you, no? Furthermore, I highly doubt you have ever met someone who is a drug addict or mentally insane. There really are people like that, it is not for us to ridicule them, but to help them as we can.

My computer is three years old. Where I come from, it is a bit hard to get a great tan, considering it snows in, like, April, but mine isn't bad. Also, no need to worry about my health, I run upwards of 5 miles everyday, and my brain does not appear to be rotting with the amount of scholarships and honors currently being thrown at me.

There is no dynamo or engine in a firefly, rather it is a result of chemical reactions and enzymes. I have no cavity in my head, and am never at a loss for words, nor too cowed to respond. I do not know who Josh Billing is, but I have an equally witty euphemism I can throw back at you, by the late Lawrence J. Peter:

"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."

Oh, snap.
----------------------------------------
Desmagicus

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatmas Gandhi
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by juventus1 at May 9, 2006 4:13:17 PM]
[May 9, 2006 4:11:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kraggard

Member's Avatar


Joined: Nov 11, 2005
Posts: 1330
Status: Offline
Re: Terra Palace Cannot be downgraded and restored....

For being so smart, you easily confuse the cartoonish DrEvil with the nightmarish Devil.

There's an 'r' in there. It actually isn't a typo.

Reading comprehension++
----------------------------------------
Avatar used by permission of Scupperer
erfan wrote: 
It's not his, honey. He's posting pictures of other guys' snakes to make himself feel better because his isn't as impressive.

[May 9, 2006 4:20:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RhiannonS

Member's Avatar


Joined: May 18, 2005
Posts: 227
Status: Offline
Re: Terra Palace Cannot be downgraded and restored....

 
Flak wrote: 
The only plan I seem to be getting out of all this is Calais attempting to do once everything the game allows, no matter how looked down upon. He's not being nasty about it, just undiplomatic about it and whenever he feels. Those who have had their game experience ruined is mostly self-inflicted. However grevious the acts have been, they for the most part have been cosmetic. I was rather looking forward to Terra not producing wood anymore.

So when, then, will he be undiplomatically banned from the game for doing said things?
It has been done before for purposely subjecting people to a poor game experience.
Perhaps it is just cosmetic, the damage. But every flag who owns Terra, from this point forwards, will have an empty, plants-floating-in-midair, cruddy looking palace to look forward to. Because I'm betting that each flag that loses the island will hit the "reclaim furniture" button in their info panel and leave the palace just as empty as it is now.
And as has been pointed out before, there are quite a few things that cannot be put back to normal. They just aren't available to players.

If this behavior is a-ok with everyone, I just can't wait until some monarch gets the idea that it'd be great to take an island, destroy every spawn and trash every building they own, and then let the island die, moving on to the next target, until there are no islands left worth having. Oh fun!



Isn't that what Calais is trying to do right now under our eyes ?
----------------------------------------
[Disclaimer]English is not my first language so please excuse my mispell and grammar mistakes.[/disclaimer]

-Rhia
[May 9, 2006 4:21:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kraggard

Member's Avatar


Joined: Nov 11, 2005
Posts: 1330
Status: Offline
Re: Terra Palace Cannot be downgraded and restored....

I didn't want to insinuate this directly, Rhia, as I have no idea the mans motives. He certianly could be said to be on that track though.

I'm sure some Calais supporter will come about with a perfectly logical reason that such a thing would be chocolate and roses for the whole of the ocean, and he has a strategic reason for doing so.
----------------------------------------
Avatar used by permission of Scupperer
erfan wrote: 
It's not his, honey. He's posting pictures of other guys' snakes to make himself feel better because his isn't as impressive.

[May 9, 2006 4:24:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

Member's Avatar


Joined: Jul 1, 2005
Posts: 1430
Status: Offline
Re: Terra Palace Cannot be downgraded and restored....

New Bulletin: Calais is actually the CEO of Runescape Inc, seeking to destroy the OOO game experience and take the intelligent mature player base OOO has nursed and transform them back into "STFU NEWB!" shouting elitist goblin hack-and-slashers.

Also, my bad for not catching the Dr. Evil cartoon reference. I haven't actually, you know, watched cartoons for quite some time, but hey, whatever floats your boat. Punctuation or capitalization would have helped. Grammar++
----------------------------------------
Desmagicus

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatmas Gandhi
[May 9, 2006 4:37:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flak_88

Member's Avatar


Joined: Aug 14, 2004
Posts: 2588
Status: Offline
Re: Terra Palace Cannot be downgraded and restored....

However good the argument is, defending malicious destruction of game parts doesn't come across well. This really isn't any different then defending a common vandal.

What was done is not against the rules, nor should it be bannable, but it was pretty scummy no matter how you look at it.
----------------------------------------
Flakcannon, on all English Oceans, except that imposter on Malachite.
Farming, cleaning up your poo, and making you drink it.
[May 9, 2006 4:44:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    habhabhabhab [Link]  Go to top 
Jewel27

Member's Avatar


Joined: May 8, 2005
Posts: 57
Status: Offline
Re: Terra Palace Cannot be downgraded and restored....

Aye it is Dr evil...I missed a space - ty Krag

Not that it would matter, Juv Your post is written by something so confused, it doesn't know whether to scratch its watch or wind its ass.
----------------------------------------
*+*+*Princess of Star Explorers*+*+*



"Nothing is forever, cept memories...."

[May 9, 2006 4:47:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moler22190

Member's Avatar


Joined: Apr 27, 2005
Posts: 2149
Status: Offline
Re: Terra Palace Cannot be downgraded and restored....

Please let Twiggy do all of your thinking for you.

<3

Edit: You seemed to make a big transition from your second post, which was full of lengthy words, to this last post which was littered with misspellings, grammatical errors, an AIM-esque abberviations (ty).
----------------------------------------
Don't pave me, please!
For real this time wrote: 
but I shall no longer take any active part in the game, on any ocean.

Join the local PPA - Puzzle Pirates Anonymous, coming to a town near you!
----------------------------------------
[Edit 3 times, last edit by moler22190 at May 9, 2006 4:55:48 PM]
[May 9, 2006 4:49:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    moler22190 [Link]  Go to top 
Kraggard

Member's Avatar


Joined: Nov 11, 2005
Posts: 1330
Status: Offline
Re: Terra Palace Cannot be downgraded and restored....

Flak wrote: 
What was done is not against the rules, nor should it be bannable, but it was pretty scummy no matter how you look at it.
Some famous pirate wrote: 
It is on the bitter political and emotional turmoil I will now speak a moment. Many blockades have been successful, fun experiences for lots of players. Others have been more trying. Consistently the Scallywag Syndicate has declared many of the blockades in Midnight's history, and in doing so they have generated a lot of activity in the game. For this we salute them, and their leader, Robert Donald.

However, in doing so, Robertdonald and his mates have often tested if not broken the limits of the intention of the game systems, and the limits of his opponent's patience and enthusiasm. After many a repeated blockade, last weekends' failure to show at the 2am Jorvik blockade was reprehensible. Furthermore the use of paid flags, bypassing the intent of the Fame system, and other alt shenanigans were not appreciated. All in all, Robertdonald has regularly acted 'Against the Spirit of the Game' even if within the letter of its rules. This is not acceptable, particularly when it leads to a dismal and unhappy time for significant numbers of other players. It is griefing, plain and simple.

While I hate to invoke that bastard that is "The spirit of the game", your insistance that it's "not against the rules" leaves few other choices.

I seem to recall a time when PvP against the same ship, repeatedly, in the same league wasn't expressly Codified in the rules, but today it's considered a no-no.

Rules don't always exist that cover every single eventuality, that's why we have vauge clauses. And just because you think you CAN get away with something because it isn't expressly written down that you shouldn't do it... Well ask RD how that turned out.
----------------------------------------
Avatar used by permission of Scupperer
erfan wrote: 
It's not his, honey. He's posting pictures of other guys' snakes to make himself feel better because his isn't as impressive.

[May 9, 2006 5:02:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jewel27

Member's Avatar


Joined: May 8, 2005
Posts: 57
Status: Offline
Re: Terra Palace Cannot be downgraded and restored....

Aye you caught me out I am just a simpleton.

Now go beat off and scream hallelujah, you're the man!
----------------------------------------
*+*+*Princess of Star Explorers*+*+*



"Nothing is forever, cept memories...."

----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jewel27 at May 9, 2006 5:45:59 PM]
[May 9, 2006 5:04:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

Member's Avatar


Joined: Jul 1, 2005
Posts: 1430
Status: Offline
Re: Terra Palace Cannot be downgraded and restored....

 


Juv Your post is written by something so confused, it doesn't know whether to scratch its watch or wind its ass.


The name I go by is Des, as per my sig.

Why must you resort to crude tauntings to convey any meaning?

What is the best book ever written that you have read, in your opinion? Not your favorite, the best. I'm just rather curious.

Where does +*+*+*+* come from and what is it supposed to mean? Is it some sort of pagan symbol, perhaps? Drevil worship?

Einstein:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
----------------------------------------
Desmagicus

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatmas Gandhi
[May 9, 2006 5:04:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moler22190

Member's Avatar


Joined: Apr 27, 2005
Posts: 2149
Status: Offline
Re: Terra Palace Cannot be downgraded and restored....

Krag wrote: 
I seem to recall a time when PvP against the same ship, repeatedly, in the same league wasn't expressly Codified in the rules, but today it's considered a no-no


While I see your point, I don't think PvP abuse can be compared to dusting items in the Palace. My main argument is that PvP griefing has a definite victim(s) whereas the Palace argument does not (Even the current Gov. of Terra has yet to claim he's a victim of this, he's merely voiced discontent).

I honestly do not see why dusting furniture in the Palace is made out to be such a big deal. Yes, the items looked good, but they have no function other then aestetics (sp?). Plus, this has happened on Viridian before.
----------------------------------------
Don't pave me, please!
For real this time wrote: 
but I shall no longer take any active part in the game, on any ocean.

Join the local PPA - Puzzle Pirates Anonymous, coming to a town near you!
[May 9, 2006 5:45:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    moler22190 [Link]  Go to top 
joris

Member's Avatar


Joined: Feb 5, 2004
Posts: 773
Status: Offline
Re: Terra Palace Cannot be downgraded and restored....

Kalani wrote:

 
Terra Palace cannot be downgraded and upgraded as it has been upgraded as far as it can go.
Kalani



I'm sorry, but this information is wrong. I don't want to keep you from collecting donations from mates around the ocean; however, there is a much easier solution.

A palace will dust just like any other building will if the taxes are not paid. If the palace is dusted, you can build a new one at a minimal cost. For this to happen means you would need to keep the poe amount in the palace below the tax value payable at all times. The easiest solution to this is to not allow any trading to happen from the palace, and to set the taxes to 0%. Setting the taxes to 0% would be a very good way of proving to the Y!PP community that you are indeed intent on restoring Terra. Along with getting back every single piece of furniture (some of which cannot be ordered from the shoppe), you will have shown the Y!PP community that you are indeed there for the best of Terra.

This is the simplest and cheapest solution possible, and does not require you to ask for donations for an isle you just won. If you cannot pay for the restoration, maybe you should not have blockaded it in the first place. If you do have money to spend, spend it on buying back shoppes, not on restoring a palace in the most expensive way possible. The throne is equivalent to building and upgrading the palace again just by itself.
----------------------------------------
Belgica
Teh Poke faktor candidate 07/07
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by joris at May 9, 2006 5:47:25 PM]
[May 9, 2006 5:47:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MatieRobin



Joined: Sep 29, 2005
Posts: 5
Status: Offline

Re: Terra Palace Cannot be downgraded and restored....

I'm sorry I find this whole thread quite amusing. They were his buildings, and nothing he could do will afect the commerce of the game. You got a whole island of bizzars and ways to make money.

Get over it and deal with it, to come here gripping and complaining is just as childish. If I had my rathers, I would rather decorate them myself anyway.

Feel good about the victory and move on...PLZ
[May 9, 2006 5:49:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flak_88

Member's Avatar


Joined: Aug 14, 2004
Posts: 2588
Status: Offline
Re: Terra Palace Cannot be downgraded and restored....

When Scupperer dusted Cnossos, it became uncolonized. So they'd have to reblockade the island and win again first. That's hardly cheap.

Once again RD never did anything on purpose to screw people that wasn't trying to win a war. I don't see repeatedly PVPing in the same league as wrong if you are trying to punish an action. If you are just there to provoke misery for fun it is. Calais isn't really even try to win a war, he's just having fun doing what you can on the game. Those things need game design fixes, and public outcry to stop him. I'm not sure OM's need involved, especially since that the majority of the involved doubloons players support his actions.
----------------------------------------
Flakcannon, on all English Oceans, except that imposter on Malachite.
Farming, cleaning up your poo, and making you drink it.
[May 9, 2006 6:08:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    habhabhabhab [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 57   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates