• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 66
Posts: 66   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6100 times and has 65 replies Next Thread
Thunderbird

Re: People In Glass Vessles Shouldn't Throw Cannonballs

so there's only one way to deal with things now: DDR.

I prefer this, is that OK? (you may need this codec to see the video)
----------------------------------------
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[May 10, 2006 6:41:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inuki

so there's only one way to deal with things now: DDR.

I prefer this, is that OK? (you may need this codec to see the video)

That's pretty and shiny and I want one, if it's for fingers and not feet. My feet don't like gaming much. :) (And random thumbs-up for Xvid. I like codecs I don't need to download.)
Now in a special Hunter flavor.
[May 10, 2006 7:11:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    inuki42    Inuki42 [Link]  Go to top 
RhiannonS

Demonyaj wrote: 

Oh, and you've taken it out on one another in Parley (Scup made a ton of excellent points in his last post), and taken it out on each other on the ocean (current score by my book is ReSX 3 - VG 1, but Vanguard has more shops compared to Req's inn), so there's only one way to deal with things now: DDR.

Yep, this is why I took a week and a half off. ;)

Damn.. Req is better train a good player, cause my source are telling me Calais is pretty good at that game lol
[Disclaimer]English is not my first language so please excuse my mispell and grammar mistakes.[/disclaimer]

-Rhia
[May 11, 2006 8:20:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ibaibo

Well as far as "Doing whats best for your Flag" I can understand that concept to a point. Destruction of props and spawns, doesn't seem to fall under that. It seems to fall under "Doing whatever you can to hurt your enemy"

There are a lot of famous leaders that did WHATEVER they felt was best for thier group... Like Hitler or Stalin. While their actions were very successful, they surely failed the test being honorable and virtuous. Am I saying Calais is Hitler, not at all. What I am saying is that actions that may have a benefit to you or a detrement to your enemy always have to be filtered through some sort of integrity test to be defended. The parting actions on Terra would to me, seem to fail that test.

While many of you have tried to defend that action or turn attention away from it by pointing out someone elses misdeeds, you only destroy your own credibility and respect when you allign your commentary to support Calais actions.

I feel that action was cowardly, immature, and cruel. What a lovely legacy he has left. Calais, will this be how you are remembered in the Viridian Ocean? Your calibur as a leader is not in question, it is your character. Will you turn this around or will you defend your actions? You seem to be capable of great things, the question is will you do Great things for the good of the ocean or for its destruction? What can we expect from you in the future? More of the same? Or was this a lapse in judgement that will not be repeated?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by ibaibo at May 14, 2006 2:58:52 PM]
[May 14, 2006 2:51:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

Ibaibo wrote:

Will Calais be remembered in the Viridian Ocean?

Yes, and from my perspective, that is what he was after all along. Even if he just decided to leave the game right now, never to return, his name would be forever etched into Viridian's memory, just like many other people that have helped mold our ocean.
Desmagicus

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatmas Gandhi
[May 14, 2006 4:34:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ibaibo

Calais, will this be how you are remembered in the Viridian Ocean?

I was asking if this is how he wants to be remembered, as the Vandal of Terra Island, or will he do something to turn that image around or make his infamy even greater?

With his last action, he will be remembered for a season, but like all people who do bad things, they will be as a foot note or as a negative connotation, (i.e. what a Calais thing to do). He has the ability to turn it around and leave a legacy of greatness if he choses.

Calais is not a bad person, he is a good leader, he could be come a positive force in the Viridian Ocean, if he so chooses, but like a bad child, it is easier to get negative attention then it is to do something worthy of praise and merit. He is capable of both, but ultimately it is an outcome of great or weak character that will decide his outcome. I hope he reveals his great character and does something for the good of the ocean rather than choose the easy path that only people with more power than character choose, and that is to destroy.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by ibaibo at May 14, 2006 9:30:19 PM]
[May 14, 2006 9:29:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 66   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates