• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 31
Posts: 31   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3700 times and has 30 replies Next Thread
andman

How can these people be captains...

Dock pressing crew's public statement says:

cabin person- ask oficer

pirate- 2 narows or 1 broad

oficer-2 soildes and maybe 1 broad

fleet-badge and 3 broads and 2 soileds

senoir -have badge or a ship or one of my friendsand at least half road piviacy

I was being dock pressed by this crew... why why why do people join crews like this? I really don't understand... if yer captain can barely type a sentence:
he proly no good capn.

*I am not naming the crew... but I am pretty sure you could find it easily...
----------------------------------------
Iollipop!
ooh baby baby.
[May 3, 2006 7:42:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.myspace.com/thethoughtfuloblivion    hello4am [Link]  Go to top 
manky

Re: How can these people be captains...

1. Accept the invite to job with them.

2. On /jc, tell them that they suck (politely).

3. Openly explain that there are better crews out there, and how exactly to leave a crew and find another.

4. Watch a flood of CPs leave the crew, while the officers work out how to expel you from the crew.
the_rock99 wrote: 
Besides, gamers dont cheat. We grind and grind until we get it right.

[May 3, 2006 7:49:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
andman

I should have done this. I just declined extremely quickly in order to write this post! Maybe I will go scour the docks again.
Iollipop!
ooh baby baby.
[May 3, 2006 7:52:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.myspace.com/thethoughtfuloblivion    hello4am [Link]  Go to top 
manky

*nods* I always used to decline as well, but I finally worked out that they would never listen to me telling them to stop.

So now I take the job and tell their crew what's going on. Muah ha ha!
the_rock99 wrote: 

[May 3, 2006 7:59:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheBeaver

I have a special QM autochat which contains a /jc /sh message

It usually takes between 6 and 12 seconds for them to expel me after hitting the J on autochat pannel.

Angel,
down with dockpressing. up with free harmonica lessons
[May 4, 2006 7:22:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Saint_Death

Why?
mcfunky wrote: 
you can't really complain... unless of course your name is saintdeath and complaining is your actual job.

[May 4, 2006 7:24:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
metalnicka

Why?

Because they do maybe?
Panteraa is drinking and might be too busy to respond.
Formerly of Sage Ocean/Free Harmonica Lessons/Tea and Strumpets.
Lovely avatar courtesy of the lovely Tilinka.
[May 4, 2006 9:18:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedOgre

If everyone was Leet...then nobody would be Leet...Let em suck says I.
Synful
"upset with myself for allowing myself to be duped by someone I regarded as slightly slow."

Demonyaj
"not one who shows as a mentally agile person"

Forest Gump
"Momma says, stupid is as stupid does"
[May 4, 2006 9:22:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KingNipper

I'm part of a crew like that... Senior Officer, actually. I became fleet officer the second i jobbed for him. He's now a dormant member of the crew with 2 failing stalls and a merchant brig that is percistently stolen and used for losing in sea battles...(Funny, he left all his sloops locked, but his one good boat remains open for butchering). 3 SO's know what they're doing, O's and FO's are almost useless and at the moment our public statement involves a poorly written poem about the angel of death as well as a promotion chart similar to the one in the first post.

Two reasons I joined:

1. I was hoping to take over the crew somehow
2. At the time the captain looked impressive... Now he's a joke.
[May 4, 2006 10:01:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nowie

I'm part of a crew like that... Senior Officer, actually. I became fleet officer the second i jobbed for him. He's now a dormant member of the crew with 2 failing stalls and a merchant brig that is percistently stolen and used for losing in sea battles...(Funny, he left all his sloops locked, but his one good boat remains open for butchering). 3 SO's know what they're doing, O's and FO's are almost useless and at the moment our public statement involves a poorly written poem about the angel of death as well as a promotion chart similar to the one in the first post.

Two reasons I joined:

1. I was hoping to take over the crew somehow
2. At the time the captain looked impressive... Now he's a joke.

And you're still there... why?
Greendodge says, "Fold: The New Raise."

Shiny avatar by KingPriam
[May 4, 2006 10:16:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Nowie21    Nowie411 [Link]  Go to top 
Saint_Death

Why?

Because they do maybe?

I mean, why do it politely?
mcfunky wrote: 
you can't really complain... unless of course your name is saintdeath and complaining is your actual job.

[May 4, 2006 12:24:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dewdlebug

Why?

Because they do maybe?

Because it might reduce the number of complaints you'd receive from the that you just harrassed? Not to mention the barrage of tells you'd get afterwards. You know how annoying it is trying to justify yourself like that to ill-informed officers+ while you're bnavving? No, I'm not speaking from experience. =P
You know what they say about having sex with asians? You scupper them and you'll be horny again after an hour...
[May 4, 2006 12:34:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedOgre

Why?

Because they do maybe?

Because it might reduce the number of complaints you'd receive from the that you just harrassed? Not to mention the barrage of tells you'd get afterwards. You know how annoying it is trying to justify yourself like that to ill-informed officers+ while you're bnavving? No, I'm not speaking from experience. =P

Thats the sole purpose behind Three Rings giving you 3 character slots...
So when you tell someone they suck impolitley you can just switch to another character...to avoid the banter...
Personally I enjoy the banter.
Synful
"upset with myself for allowing myself to be duped by someone I regarded as slightly slow."

Demonyaj
"not one who shows as a mentally agile person"

Forest Gump
"Momma says, stupid is as stupid does"
[May 5, 2006 8:31:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
metalnicka

Why?

Because they do maybe?

Thats the sole purpose behind Three Rings giving you 3 character slots...
So when you tell someone they suck impolitley you can just switch to another character...to avoid the banter...
Personally I enjoy the banter.

Sounds like you're speaking from experience :P
[May 5, 2006 4:26:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kargach

Dock pressing crew's public statement says:

fleet-badge and 3 broads and 2 soileds

I will be laughing about this one for days to come...
Kargach of the Midnight Ocean
Captain of the Champions of Valhalla, and occasionally good at forum contests
[May 5, 2006 4:32:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pesh120

I'm going to have to agree Nowie. I never think a Captain is impressive when they don't take the time to spell check and possibly grammer check their crew statements. How are suppose to be taken seriously?

My advice. Find another crew.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by pesh120 at May 9, 2006 11:49:43 PM]
[May 9, 2006 11:43:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CountCristo

I would suggest putting them on your "must PVP" list. Either that or turning on good ol' dnd. I never leave home without it. (Or stay at home without it for that matter.)
Cristo-Viridian and occasionally the rest.
[May 10, 2006 10:00:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SexxyLilFox

I normally try to accept those jobs, and tell them flat out.. that what they are doing is not helping anyone. One day I was randomly jobbed, I think I turned off my dnd for some random reason.. anyways.. it was a.. semi known captain on Sage... most people should know atleast WHO this person was.. and basically they said, " I was trying to make a pillage, and no one was jobbing for me off the board, so I got the jobbers myself, if you don't like it you can leave" ( of course much worse spelling and what not....)... and then boop! expell.. I sent a tell to the captain and the officer, and they didn't respond to me. *sighs* I really hope this isn't how they got most of their members...
Annecormac
Not so silent- Silent fool
Cocktail Party
Jimmynick flag royalty chats, "Suppose I slap you... Normally, you should just slap someone back to get even... But that's not your style... You straight up kick them in the nuts"
[May 10, 2006 10:07:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    princessnevermoreforever@yahoo.com    MissAnnieCormac [Link]  Go to top 
manky

Must... not... add... to... pyramid...

I'm a firm believer in being polite, no matter what kind of barrelstoppers you're up against. It must be incredibly frustrating to have someone show you up and beat you down in front of your crew, and have no recourse except to expel them and hope nobody was reading the chat :) But that's just me. You can deal with people however you like ;)

As it goes, I don't actually have a problem with dockpressers. My issue is with the *bad* dockpressing crews, which unfortunately are the only ones that do it. The ones that job and crew every pirate on the dock, and then do nothing with them. Personally, I'd love to job every player in sight, get them all to join my crew and show them what it's like to have an awesome time on this game.
the_rock99 wrote: 

[May 12, 2006 4:43:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inuki

Personally, I'd love to job every player in sight, get them all to join my crew and show them what it's like to have an awesome time on this game.

Can I gun and help cat-herd? :)
Now in a special Hunter flavor.
[May 12, 2006 5:53:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    inuki42    Inuki42 [Link]  Go to top 
metalnicka

Found another good one! Here's some key quotes:

"Ore if you have a ship:
Sloop ore cutter you become Fleetofficer. brig ore frigate you become Senior officer"

"one of ower senior officer have a iron working stall in Olive. And a shipyard on Proleix Purlieu."

"the Captain have a distellision on Lima"

"All ships shall be stocked after a officer have use them. If you dont it be faitfull for the Officer.ahoy."

"coming officer now have to stock, navigate and batlle there will be leasons in practice monday and friday."
[May 14, 2006 10:14:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pianoman1125

*cough* Not to say I told you so on the issue of captains who shouldn't be but...I told you so:

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=602117#602117

There are some sound ideas in that thread. More input would be great.

~Muffy
Muffynz
A Cartographer

Member of Crimson Tide
YPPedia Admin
Not-so-secretly conducting the oceans since 2003.
[May 14, 2006 12:10:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pianoman1125    Your average cupcake is just not as tasty. [Link]  Go to top 
Nemor

Found another good one! Here's some key quotes:

"Ore if you have a ship:
Sloop ore cutter you become Fleetofficer. brig ore frigate you become Senior officer"

"one of ower senior officer have a iron working stall in Olive. And a shipyard on Proleix Purlieu."

"the Captain have a distellision on Lima"

"All ships shall be stocked after a officer have use them. If you dont it be faitfull for the Officer.ahoy."

"coming officer now have to stock, navigate and batlle there will be leasons in practice monday and friday."

Does anyone else feel like giving English lessons? I know Im not the bestest speller and linguist around, but I think this is kinda cute, like I think greenies can be cute in their naivity (unless theyre the psycho greenies that remind me of my ex-girlfriend). Honestly, I wonder if using language like this is due to a lack of spelling knowledge (the stuff you get in elementary school) or due to learning English as a second languange. I think the easiest way to cure either of these reasons would be to fully integrate them into society and passively teach proper (or more proper) English. Its just a shame that they started their own crew before taking their time to learn from the already formed crews.
Previous King of Vanguard.

Nemor
Me carping
[May 14, 2006 1:55:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Skype: nemor1 [Link]  Go to top 
TheBeaver

I have met these people who can't even capitalise their own crew's name! It is simply because they cannot be arsed to check spelling and basic grammar.
[May 14, 2006 3:52:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Saltake

I hardly have my DnD on because of some reasons, so I get job invitations every day if I'm around the dock/inn for a while.

The more I get a day the more it irritates me. I always send a /tell back with the question to kindly ask it first before jobbing; to at least take the time to check my status, since jobbing a Captain and asking to let him/her join is pretty pointless, and not to job anymore (Yes, some even rejob after I declined the offer). Some react with a 'sorry' and 'I didn't know that you're a Captain' and those other excuses. Mate, it's the worst excuse ever!

I also think that some Senior Officers, Fleet Officer and Officers get ordered by the Captain to do the dockpressing. You can convince new Officers (and above) so easily if they don't have any experience. (Those poor little Officers.)

To all the new Captains: please, stop dockpressing and/or stop ordering your Officers to do it. Recruiting members should be done via pillages or via a nice /tell where you, at least, ASK it. Sending random invitations is very impolite.

Fair winds,

Saltake.
I'll keep sending those /tells untill you get it. I won't put my DnD on for that. Thanks.
Saltake
Martobain says, "Your standing in Bringing weed to Belgium from A'dam without getting caught went up and is now Respected in the whole ocean!"
[May 15, 2006 2:10:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
derundergang

The more I get a day the more it irritates me. I always send a /tell back with the question to kindly ask it first before jobbing; to at least take the time to check my status, since jobbing a Captain and asking to let him/her join is pretty pointless, and not to job anymore (Yes, some even rejob after I declined the offer). Some react with a 'sorry' and 'I didn't know that you're a Captain' and those other excuses. Mate, it's the worst excuse ever!

I have it all the time, but more people ask me for money. I always answer with this sentence:
You can take a job at the navy or job on pillages, check the notice board for more information.
It helps...
Sahib on Viridian oceaan (PP)
Doomulus on Khadgar realm (WoW)
Avatar by Shorty Jack, love you my man ^_^
Once Captain, once a king, now no-more, now no-thing.

[Jun 4, 2006 1:29:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Saltake

I have it all the time, but more people ask me for money. I always answer with this sentence:
You can take a job at the navy or job on pillages, check the notice board for more information.
It helps...

It, indeed, helps now and then. But, I'm sure that most of those beggers know about the Notice Board, Pillages and Missions. They're just too lazy or too impatient to save up. They think that a game is good when everybody gets rich in 1 day.
Saltake
Martobain says, "Your standing in Bringing weed to Belgium from A'dam without getting caught went up and is now Respected in the whole ocean!"
[Jun 4, 2006 3:02:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

You can get rich in one day. It's called poker.
Desmagicus

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatmas Gandhi
[Jun 4, 2006 6:16:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
catzubmsve

or was that pokr juv?.....I'm not vry edumacated....I can't spel...but u can.... r u rich?...can I pleeeeeease gun?laughs hysterically.

I'm a Captain and constantly looking at my statement for typos and mispells...happens sometimes but that kinda blatant....then again...that's just my 2 poes worth.
Redbrdterry (on all oceans)
Senior Officer of the crew Mermaids Typhoon
Lord of the flag Puzzleholics Anonymous
[Jun 6, 2006 8:00:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    sensualtzer    averyrealboy [Link]  Go to top 
TheBeaver

QM Autochat M wrote: 
/jcrew /sh Ahoy. I have just been dockpressed. Do NOT do his again or I will take it up with the OMs. That is all. ty.

[Jun 6, 2006 8:05:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 31   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates