• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 23
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2531 times and has 22 replies Next Thread
Turtlesoup

Awesome SF block...This u have to see!!!

I just got an awesome Swordfighting block and I just wanted to share it! I've never seen one this big and sent for that matter (by a human pirate)

If you have any shots of bigger blocks, or just some that look cool, feel free to post them in here!!

----------------------------------------
Turtlesoup on the Viridian Ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Turtlesoup at Apr 30, 2006 11:24:28 AM]
[Apr 30, 2006 11:21:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aenor

Re: Awesome SF block...This u have to see!!!

If you were fighting someone with a foil, and they weren't trying to defeat you, you could do a lot better than that.

And if you were playing against someone trying to beat you, making a block that big is very bad strategy or very bad luck.
Mat on the Meridian Ocean

Thank you to everyone who loves Blacksmithing!
[Apr 30, 2006 11:46:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Turtlesoup

the person had a stick and he was trying to beat me....but i wasnt worried about beating him so i didnt care if i didnt break it
[Apr 30, 2006 12:00:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IceColdFire

Unless you doubled that [which isn't exactly easy from the looks of the positioning] you probably wasted upwards of 50% of it.
-Twiggy

Zezuma says, "what type of ship is this"
Jiiggsaw says, "i think a war fridge"

[Apr 30, 2006 2:43:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tyler21796

yea it would be better to send smaller things then ta make a box half the size of the board like that.
**--(Sworder) CI addicted Wench of Hunter--**

Croft wrote: 
IF YOU DON,T LIKE IT DON,T READ IT!!!

[May 1, 2006 9:41:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    monkeyman21796 [Link]  Go to top 
Turtlesoup

yea it would be better to send smaller things then ta make a box half the size of the board like that.

Yes, I know that. I'm Ultimate in SF. And the whole left side was done by the stick. The 3rd row was me, I was just seeing if I could get one this big. I really didn't think I'd lose and it was unrated anyway.
[May 1, 2006 7:12:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ruby_spoon

It sure is a nice big block right there. I remember back in the day when I was trying to see if I could make a 6x6. I got this far and could never quite be bothered to try again:

Meanwhile, there's always photoshop:

:)
Rubyspoon: [Midnight] BSP, Looterati; [Viridian] OD, Morrowind.
[May 1, 2006 7:23:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.juggler.net/tim [Link]  Go to top 
Turtlesoup

lol, I love what you did to the comps face.
[May 1, 2006 7:27:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
andman

Unless you doubled that [which isn't exactly easy from the looks of the positioning] you probably wasted upwards of 50% of it.

Why is everyone posting against this guy? I am sure he just wanted to show everyone how big his blocks are! I know when fighting ables and brigands I see how big I can make my blocks. Then I show those off to people. Some times we even have contests.
Iollipop!
ooh baby baby.
[May 1, 2006 7:43:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.myspace.com/thethoughtfuloblivion    hello4am [Link]  Go to top 
Turtlesoup

thank you so much Andman!!!!

I dont know why everyone wanted to bash me. I just wanted to show u guys a cool block...I even gave u a chance to show some cool blocks that u made.

I wasnt trying to win...I didnt care if the block didnt do a very good attack. I just thought it looked cool, geesh
[May 2, 2006 8:57:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IceColdFire

Yeah, you're right, i'm sorry. That's a pretty killer block.

Just to contribute to the thread, here is more proof that i really need to get a skulldagger again. Can't seem to stray away from my sprinkleness.

-Twiggy

[Edit 1 times, last edit by IceColdFire at May 2, 2006 11:10:28 AM]
[May 2, 2006 11:10:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TianX9

Mmmm. 34 sprinkles, or almost 6 layers. It's not bad, but scary people can do that consistently in 30 seconds or less.

Midnight and their silly skull daggers. When will they learn that only sprinkling isn't a valid strategy?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by TianX9 at May 2, 2006 11:47:16 AM]
[May 2, 2006 11:46:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IceColdFire

Took me about 45 seconds. His 2x5 down 5-6 screwed me up, mainly because i didn't know swords would even drop on 5-6 in that situation.

But i'm hardly ult anyways. ;)

Edit: Isn't that 65 sprinkles? 12+(13*2)+(9*3)?
-Twiggy

[Edit 2 times, last edit by IceColdFire at May 2, 2006 12:22:37 PM]
[May 2, 2006 12:20:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TianX9

For sprinkles, divide by two and count the breakers.
[May 2, 2006 2:08:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gaille

What do you send when you break that?
Gail on the Sage Ocean
My vanity page.
[May 2, 2006 2:28:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
andman

Midnight and their silly skull daggers. When will they learn that only sprinkling isn't a valid strategy?

I would like to argue against this. I know some fighters who can throw out 3-4 rows of sprinkles every 5 seconds or so. I also know some who can instakill (well... pretty damn close) with sprinkles. I can't do them well. But I know of many who could destroy any block builder quickly.
Iollipop!
ooh baby baby.
[May 2, 2006 2:51:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.myspace.com/thethoughtfuloblivion    hello4am [Link]  Go to top 
Ignorance2

Hm, that's interesting. *Runs off to try it herself*
Pirate Ignorance of the crew, The Sharks
Viridian Ocean

~~~

Emmy, Msjade and Gibby are still the best!
[May 3, 2006 8:33:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemor

What do you send when you break that?

My understanding would be that it would send a 3x(who cares) down the right side of your screen and the couple sprinkles. But I only have a primative concept of huge block breaks... Where's RD when we need him.
Previous King of Vanguard.

Nemor
Me carping
[May 3, 2006 9:40:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Skype: nemor1 [Link]  Go to top 
Demonyaj

Block is 24 pieces, 6x4. Doubled is 48 pieces. 48/3 = 16. Block would try to send a 16x3 horizontal (wider than tall block), but the sword passes the 12 or greater check, so instead flips to a vertical 3x16. As it's the only sword in the combo, it would send a 3x16 in 1-3, plus 8 sprinkles. Against a bot, it would send 56 pieces, enough to one shot a bot with 3+ lines of damage, or push an empty bot toward the brink very quickly.
Denying the inevitable for as long as possible is a waste of life's work.
[May 3, 2006 9:57:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AquaDrake

Actually, since 3 by max is as big as it gets, doubling won't make any difference.
Maybe "historical" dragons were pterosaurs?
http://www.livescience.com/animals/090107-pterosaur-flight.html

"No plain fanfold paper could hold that fractal Puff --
He grew so fast no plotting pack could shrink him far enough.&quot
[May 5, 2006 12:22:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheBeaver

For sprinkles, divide by two and count the breakers.

You don't count the breakers do you?
[May 6, 2006 10:15:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
snwball87

If you were fighting someone with a foil, and they weren't trying to defeat you, you could do a lot better than that.

And if you were playing against someone trying to beat you, making a block that big is very bad strategy or very bad luck.

Im sure its possible to have a block bigger than that. Yep. You're right. You know how everyone makes 4 by 13s these days.
Alexaleo on Viridian
[May 7, 2006 7:30:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IceColdFire

I had a triple on a 5x8 built today. That bugger was fun to build. Tis a shame the brigands died before i could send it.
-Twiggy

[May 7, 2006 11:03:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates