• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1487 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
bipolargod2

What is the best crew?

what is the best crew for the Defeating the brigands mission?
----------------------------------------
When the world slips you a jeffery, stroke the furry walls
[Apr 28, 2006 5:19:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

Re: What is the best crew?

There is no "best crew", you get signed up with four random bots. As far as I've seen, there is no difference is the bots abilities compared to other bots.
Desmagicus

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatmas Gandhi
[Apr 28, 2006 5:57:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IceColdFire

However, the bots assigned to your ship do have random skill levels assigned to them. They are rarely anything special. I did have a ultimate SF bot on my ship once.

Before you set sail, i advise you click on each swabbie and click "View stats" or whatever the button may be. Even if their rating is respected or master, stick them on that station. Swabbies have the ability, even with fine duty reports, to increase in ability over a mission.

I've had a swabbie gunner go from able to renowned on a mission.
-Twiggy

Zezuma says, "what type of ship is this"
Jiiggsaw says, "i think a war fridge"

[Apr 28, 2006 6:16:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
da_ripper

I've had a ship 3 times with every swabbie Ult in SF and one with Legendary... Beware the green cloth-ed swabbies.

Game over. Winner: Expel.
Antix says, "Expel just pikachu'd the charizard out of him"
Antix says, "Nice one"
Expel says, "Super effective"

Chimeravirus of Viridian.
[Apr 28, 2006 6:33:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moler22190

Although it isn't probably true, I personally think the DN swabbies have the best stats. But that's just me.
Don't pave me, please!
For real this time wrote: 
but I shall no longer take any active part in the game, on any ocean.

Join the local PPA - Puzzle Pirates Anonymous, coming to a town near you!
[Apr 29, 2006 5:41:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    moler22190 [Link]  Go to top 
black_beard7

Id have to agree with moler about DN. I think Sakejima also has a good navy. Im seen varation on stats of swabbies. I sometimes have crews that have legenderies, grand masters and master on-board. Then with a different navy Id have crappy bots with the best stat being distingushed.
Triggster.
On all oceans, but mainly Viridian.
Captain of Trigonometry. Lord and former royal of RiddleMakers.
[Apr 29, 2006 6:59:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tyler21796

I find that the smaller navy's are better. but ive just thought that over time because bigger islands usaly give me worst people.
**--(Sworder) CI addicted Wench of Hunter--**

Croft wrote: 
IF YOU DON,T LIKE IT DON,T READ IT!!!

[May 1, 2006 9:37:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    monkeyman21796 [Link]  Go to top 
Nemor

I am starting to get comfortable with taking out my own sloops now, but I have practiced bnaving with the navy for close to a year. As soon as I step aboard, I check every bot. I will leave the ship if I dont have a master (or higher) gunner and a sailor that is respected (or higher). I had one ship that had a Legendary sailor and a Grand-Master gunner. I didnt leave that navy ship for three hours. I was getting 4 moves per turn out of the sailor and a GM gunner will beat most Ult gunners in the ocean.

When Im on this ship, my sailor will stay on sails and I will switch my gunner between sails and guns. If I take damage, I will act accordingly.

Keep in mind, I am out there with the navy ship only to practice. I dont double duty (although this could help if you had weaker bots). You will make much more poe taking out your own ship (as long as you win). I may win 4 battles and come home with 300 poe. Whereas, with my own ship (where I have to supply the rum and shot) four battles can easily net you anywhere from 2k to 10k or more per jobber (since you actually get to keep the poe for your kbs).
Previous King of Vanguard.

Nemor
Me carping
[May 1, 2006 11:47:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Skype: nemor1 [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates