• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1292 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Astmahamster

Want my character's name back... Reply to this Post

I accidentally deleted me wrong character. I know it's name is locked for 30 days or so, but I don't want to wait that long. Is there a way that the name can be unlocked again?

-Thanks anyways.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Astmahamster at Apr 26, 2006 4:09:23 AM]
[Apr 26, 2006 4:08:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AtheneNoctua

Re: Want my character's name back... Reply to this Post

Try logging on with another character on the same account and petition an OM for help.

[Apr 26, 2006 5:29:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Astmahamster

Try logging on with another character on the same account and petition an OM for help.

Umm... This could sound like a real stupid question?"OM"? What's that? and what's petition? ehheh... heh......
[Apr 26, 2006 5:51:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jasandrea

An OM is an OceanMaster, the customer service people in the game. A petition is a request for them to help you. If you click the 'help' button on your 'ye' tab, you'll be given the option of contacting them.
Jacquilynne
Elder Cod of The Yo-Ho Yo-Yos, Looterati
Ruby Arch: Where the brigands are Ultimate and the players used to be.
[Apr 26, 2006 5:56:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jacquilynne [Link]  Go to top 
Inuki

OM = OceanMaster = game moderator. They're nice people who can help you out with this sort of thing. :)

Create a character on that account, and log in. Once things have loaded up, click your Ye tab, then the Help button, then the Petition button. It should bring up a page with a bunch of links. Your question isn't covered above, so go ahead and click the last line. (You definitely can't solve your problem by yourself - though if you ever have cause to petition again, definitely check through the options first!) Pick Accounts and Billing from the drop-down, stick in a subject, and compose away, just like an email!

It may take anywhere from hours to days to get a response - it depends on how busy the OMs are, and how immediately important your question is. I suspect you won't have to wait too long, though. ;) (The only thing I've waited longer than two hours for was a ship rename, and that's about the lowest priority request/question out there.)

Hope that helps and that you get it all straightened out!
Now in a special Hunter flavor.
[Apr 26, 2006 6:08:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    inuki42    Inuki42 [Link]  Go to top 
Astmahamster

Okay, I did all that. Can ye tell how much does it take for them to answer?
[Apr 26, 2006 6:09:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
emerson

Depends on their workload. If you logged off before getting an answer, make sure to check your petitions when you log back in.
Cleaver shouts, "I lub this island."
Personally I think that TITS are a technique if they are used less than once every three moves. Any more than that, and you're just waving your exploits in their faces. - Flamer
[Apr 26, 2006 7:02:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates