• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1366 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Caruut

Pillaging Ship Help- I'm clueless! Reply to this Post

Me and two mates were thinking of buying our own ship (we play on Viridian). Unfortunatly we don't know anyone else who plays the game and know nothing about: Buying and equipping the ship, How long the ship lasts, How to navigate, How to battle navigate, What to take on the pillage and How much it costs to run.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could give us an answer to any of these questions
----------------------------------------
Caruut of Meridian, née Viridian.

Old pirate.
[Apr 9, 2006 10:12:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
TarnumTheRed

Re: Pillaging Ship Help- I'm clueless! Reply to this Post

For most of this, you can find info in the YPPedia, but real quick:

Boats last forever, they don't wear out like other items.

Buy ships at a shipyard, you will want a sloop for your first vessel.

To take the vessel out for pillaging you will need to rum and cannon balls. The amount is up to you

There are several threads with hints on equiping ships and banvving in this forum. Do a quick seach and you will find plenty of information to help you get started. Also try finding a good crew with some experienced bnavvers who can help you.
Tarnum

Darvid wrote: 
I guess it's just fun to poke the retarded bunny.
Muroni wrote: 
Who isn't sure that leif will let me enter him, but I'm willing to try.

[Apr 9, 2006 10:19:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

the training lessons I give me own crew are here:
http://www.frontiernet.net/~otherwhen/

that will lead ye through how to run a pillage and stock a ship, in small stages. ye will want to do a lot of practice with the navy bnav missions though.
LordKalvan of Otherwhen, all oceans but mostly Midnight
[Apr 9, 2006 10:21:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jasandrea

Your best bet is really to meet some people. Go jobbing off the notice board, join a crew, and get officer training from people who have experienced all of what you're interested in. There are a lot of details in running a pillage, and learning them from someone whose been there will take a lot of frustration out of learning from your own mistakes (so much better to learn from other people's previous mistakes, instead).

It's a social game, so even though you don't know anyone now, you can definitely meet people.
Jacquilynne
Elder Cod of The Yo-Ho Yo-Yos, Looterati
Ruby Arch: Where the brigands are Ultimate and the players used to be.
[Apr 9, 2006 10:25:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jacquilynne [Link]  Go to top 
Grayside

Snipered. And by someone what said it better. ;)
Firestone, Captain, Mad Tea Party, Cobalt
Gallant, PotD, Midnight

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Grayside at Apr 9, 2006 10:30:20 AM]
[Apr 9, 2006 10:28:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://grayside.org/ypp/mayhem    Tires.Pirate [Link]  Go to top 
Caruut

thanks loads u guys are lifesavers
Caruut of Meridian, née Viridian.

Old pirate.
[Apr 9, 2006 10:30:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
ottoia

Also, note that you must be an officer or above in a crew in order to sail your ship, so if you and you're mates aren't in a crew, you need to either join one and get yourselves promoted, or start a crew of your own (which requires the appropriate badges and experiences).
Ottoia (Midnight)
[Apr 9, 2006 11:51:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.cinder.nu    21080049 [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates