• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 55
Posts: 55   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6165 times and has 54 replies Next Thread
jondigger20

Re: [Viridian] Doubloon Exchange

Remember, many people with substantial finances will have already stocked up on doubloons in preparation, so the effects on the markets of Viridian and Sage may not be as drastic as you think.
----------------------------------------
Johndigger

Fleet Officer of The British Eagles

All round barrelstopper.
[Apr 16, 2006 4:45:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yarharho

Ill worry about the dubs when I need to
For now, yes! Maybe i can buy a ship which i dont have to sell soon afterwards to buy a badge.
Eddytheteddy......
Proud Senior/Fleet/Plain Officer of <Insert Crew Here> (for the time being, at least.)

*look at portrait*
...and this is the stick I beat ladies off with.
[Apr 17, 2006 8:47:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
foudetimbres

Not in those trousers you don't.

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=28819
Dirtyfoot
Senior Officer of the British Eagles

Eurydice wrote: 
Hee! I like that Glaucus was forced to take the name "Glaucus" because that was the sound you made in your throat before spitting the winning gum.

[Apr 17, 2006 11:42:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheBeaver

My God!

It worked!!

The viridian dub prices have sky rocketed. This is probably the first time a thread like this has ever achived something.

Or it could be coincidence.....

Angel,
[Apr 18, 2006 2:04:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Domysha

Yeah, well i prefered the low dub prices. much easier to get a lass an expensive gift with 700poe dubs then with 1000poe dubs :(

Is your L key broken, or do you just have terrible aim?

[Apr 18, 2006 2:07:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kuframan

My God!

It worked!!

The viridian dub prices have sky rocketed. This is probably the first time a thread like this has ever achived something.

I doubt that this thread did it. Most likely it is because of the new ocean opening.

People want to move to hunters --> People buy doubloons to transfer their poe there---> Prices go up.
Dragonblade
Vanguard
Saintdeath tells you, "Dude, to buy 20 million poe with CC is 4k dollars."
Saintdeath tells you, "That's a lot of beer, man."
[Apr 18, 2006 2:38:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cwolfy

time to make a thread about me getting super model girl friend go go! but all seriously i think it is all the Viri and Sage transfering all their poe into dub to move to hunter.
[Apr 18, 2006 3:59:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kgarrett1969

My God!

It worked!!

Angel,

Sorry to burst your bubble but it is extremely unlikely that this thread had anything to do with the modest rise in dub prices. As has already been mentioned it is probably due to the opening of Hunter. Truth be told it is probably telling that they haven't gone higher. When Sage opened dubs went up towards 1.4K. The current price is still being held down by poker players.

Nice try though mate.
Hawkings
Fleet Officer of Silver Dragons
Citizen of Meridian

Apollo wrote, "Hawkings has changed my life. ;)"
[Apr 21, 2006 9:10:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yohohobob

[sarcasm]My God!

It worked!!

Angel,[/sarcasm]

Fixed to help people who can't see sarcasm without tags.
Madyohoho SO of Di Cerberus-Retired
Lord of Arcana Imperii(Viridian)[quote]Remember, I'm the one that sits back and giggles at you mates while sipping masttails in my pajamas. Besides, Y!PP isn't a game; it's a way of life
[Apr 21, 2006 9:16:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ackpol

[sarcasm]My God!

It worked!!

Angel,[/sarcasm]

Fixed to help people who can't see sarcasm without tags.

Oh Hawkings can see it all right. He's just pointing out some facts. Something wrong with that?

[Fact]Sorry to burst your bubble but it is extremely unlikely that this thread had anything to do with the modest rise in dub prices. As has already been mentioned it is probably due to the opening of Hunter. Truth be told it is probably telling that they haven't gone higher. When Sage opened dubs went up towards 1.4K. The current price is still being held down by poker players.[/Fact]

Fixed to help people who can't see facts withount tags.
Undeadfish, Viridian

[quote][quote]You know, if we would have PvPed...the Moonfish would have stomped the Sunfish. That's all I can say. :P[/quote]
It so would not. For I have the Awesome Power of the Fruitc
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ackpol at Apr 21, 2006 9:34:06 AM]
[Apr 21, 2006 9:33:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheBeaver

Yohohobob wrote: 
long quote which he fixed for those of you who missed the joke

Thank you, Mady

Angel,
[Apr 21, 2006 3:30:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kiddokid

What are you talking about?? A couple shouldn't pay money on a stupid game! I really like this game, Grown people??? If anyoen is over 15 and is addicted to this game YOU NEED HELP, this is meant for kids (at least i think...) And FYI, lines in airports, lead to Beaches in PAradise, Horse riding in a ranch, or skiing down a mountain, and 400$ on a video game?? Even a child can see that a waste, the Adults who play this need to regroup their lives, and think, what am i going to do with my life, not just waste all your money on a simulation!!!!!! I think the dubloon market is low, but i think that the world its self is turning into a technologic disaster, i mean Bush has spent Billions of dollars on Iraq!!!! We live ina society were people are made fun of on TV, WEb, and other becuase of there race (not as much as in the 40' through 60's) but still, Adults should not have alife on PP, Its fun for a while, but anyone who is Sublime or Illustrious has a problem.
I rest my case
[Apr 25, 2006 4:46:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flak_88

Kiddokid. People don't grow up, they just get more expensive toys and game.

You can't play the game for more then 2 years if you play till 15, it's against the rules to be too young and play this. This isn't really a game, it's more like checkers, cards games and such with a pirate layover. You want kids games those are fast twitch type. This is more like cribbage on steroids for old folks.
Flakcannon, on all English Oceans, except that imposter on Malachite.
Farming, cleaning up your poo, and making you drink it.
[Apr 25, 2006 4:50:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    habhabhabhab [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

1. This is fun. People play to this not to think about real life. There are lawyers, businessmen, politicians, and other important people who play this game to get away from the pressures that real life poses. It is not for you nor anyone else to criticize them or how they spend their hard-earned money.
2. Please note that there is a rule on these forums against bringin in real life politics here. So no Bush references, please.
3. You learning manners would be nice.
4. "I rest my case", is something you say when someone does or says something that augments or somehow supports your argument, you do not say it at the end of a statement you have completed if there are no rebukes.

End flame.

Des.

EDIT: Flak got there first. Darn.
Desmagicus

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatmas Gandhi
[Edit 1 times, last edit by juventus1 at Apr 25, 2006 4:54:21 PM]
[Apr 25, 2006 4:52:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheBeaver

EDIT: Flak got there first. Darn.

Yea, but yours was better.
[Apr 26, 2006 8:40:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tyler21796

This is more like cribbage on steroids for old folks.

lol was that comment realy need to be added now old people wont want to play because of you lol
**--(Sworder) CI addicted Wench of Hunter--**

Croft wrote: 
IF YOU DON,T LIKE IT DON,T READ IT!!!

[Apr 26, 2006 9:47:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    monkeyman21796 [Link]  Go to top 
moler22190

Old folks like cribbage on steriods. Flak should be payed by OOO for enticing more old people who like cribbage on 'roids.

Molerman,
Almost pushing the button
Don't pave me, please!
For real this time wrote: 
but I shall no longer take any active part in the game, on any ocean.

Join the local PPA - Puzzle Pirates Anonymous, coming to a town near you!
[Apr 27, 2006 6:42:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    moler22190 [Link]  Go to top 
IceColdFire

More like a dyslexic french man with turrets attempting to play solo Curling using a croissant, a bowlers hat, and no ice.
-Twiggy

Zezuma says, "what type of ship is this"
Jiiggsaw says, "i think a war fridge"

[Apr 27, 2006 10:50:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

What are you talking about?? A couple shouldn't pay money on a stupid game! I really like this game, Grown people??? If anyoen is over 15 and is addicted to this game YOU NEED HELP, this is meant for kids (at least i think...) And FYI, lines in airports, lead to Beaches in PAradise, Horse riding in a ranch, or skiing down a mountain, and 400$ on a video game?? Even a child can see that a waste, the Adults who play this need to regroup their lives, and think, what am i going to do with my life, not just waste all your money on a simulation!!!!!!We live ina society were people are made fun of on TV, WEb, and other becuase of there race (not as much as in the 40' through 60's) but still, Adults should not have alife on PP, Its fun for a while, but anyone who is Sublime or Illustrious has a problem.
I rest my case

Politics deleted.

I would like to apologise to the rest of the oceans for this person. Not all of Viridian is like this I swear! And not everyone is a 15 year old twat moron idiot brat either. There are plenty of 35 year old brats too.
Phoenix - Black Plague to the core, Flag may change randomly.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

I think the OM's suck and are cheats.

no u

-Pro

[Apr 28, 2006 12:03:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BlackEye6942

The real question is: have dub prices gone down because of poker players losing and converting money into dubs, and then into poe; or have dub prices declined because all the high end pillagers are playing poker and no longer pillaging (and sipping on the poe fountain), thus making poe more scarce?

Only three rings knows this answer.
Blackeye
[Apr 28, 2006 4:49:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flak_88

Blood is cheaper now too, so either nobody low end is pillaging, or there's less POE out there to buy it with.
[Apr 28, 2006 10:01:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    habhabhabhab [Link]  Go to top 
tyler21796

there's less POE out there to buy it with.

what you mean by this??
**--(Sworder) CI addicted Wench of Hunter--**

Croft wrote: 
IF YOU DON,T LIKE IT DON,T READ IT!!!

[May 1, 2006 9:47:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    monkeyman21796 [Link]  Go to top 
Flak_88

there's less POE out there to buy it with.

what you mean by this??

There are two avenue's of POE creation, pillaging and foraging. If everybody is sitting around at the game tables or shopkeeping, nobody is bringing in more POE. Gradually over time taxes and commod spawns drain POE out of the economy. If there's less to go around it stands to reason that there's less to pay for the blood that is out there.
[May 1, 2006 10:19:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    habhabhabhab [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

3, you forgot the Navy
Phoenix - Black Plague to the core, Flag may change randomly.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

I think the OM's suck and are cheats.

no u

-Pro

[May 1, 2006 11:06:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flak_88

3, you forgot the Navy

Heh, how many greenies puzzling on the navy does it take to equal one of your pillage wins =P? Navy probably beats foraging for poe in total though. All those stat-mongers working out there getting pay on the side to navy puzzle. Guess I did overlook the magnitude of 100 poe navy routes.
[May 1, 2006 11:12:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    habhabhabhab [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 55   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates