• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1521 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
Clatter12

How long can you be away from the game? Reply to this Post

I've looked around, and I can't seem to find any information on this subject. The computer I downloaded Puzzle Pirates on has virus on it, and I don't know when I'm going to be able to get it fixed. I'm using a school computer now, and I doubt I'm allowed to download the game here.
I'm going to try to get it fixed within a month, but I was wondering, how long does a person have before their account is deleted? I really don't want to lose my account.
----------------------------------------
Bloodpanther on Viridian.
Captain of Di Cerberus.
[Apr 8, 2006 12:26:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Melodies36 [Link]  Go to top 
rixation

Re: How long can you be away from the game? Reply to this Post

If you've ever paid for doubloons or a subscription using a credit card (or any other payment method), your account will never be deleted.

If you have not paid real money for the game at any point, you'll have an estimated 3-6 weeks.
Epimetheus
Retired

[Apr 8, 2006 12:29:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ihope127

Accounts will never be deleted automatically, but pirates will. If you think you might be away for too long, you might want to drop an email to Three Rings asking for the pirate purge to be delayed.
No soy un número. ¡Soy un hombre gratis!
[Apr 8, 2006 12:50:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clatter12

Thanks for the help. I'm going to have to convince my parents to get the computer looked at soon.
Captain of Di Cerberus.
[Apr 9, 2006 1:10:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Melodies36 [Link]  Go to top 
dadadude

However long of a break I took, well I guess that's how long!!! Me lost my pirate :(

I think I was gone for about 2-3 months and I have been gone for more than three weeks before and I don't believe that I lost it that time.

Good luck killing the virus!!
[Apr 9, 2006 8:56:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clatter12

Thank ye dadadude. Hopefully it won't be more than a month. Hopefully things will change for the better. (may get a new computer, the one with the virus is over 10 years old). I'll have to remember to email the Ringers about saving me pirate.
Captain of Di Cerberus.
[Apr 10, 2006 7:50:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Melodies36 [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

You should get an email before they purge your pirates, if you left an email-address when you registered (if not you can still add one). However be aware it often seems to end up being tagged as spam. So keep an eye out.
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya
[Edit 1 times, last edit by fanta at Apr 12, 2006 9:24:43 AM]
[Apr 12, 2006 9:23:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KingGoob

Aww man, I read the title of this thread as a challenge. I once was able to stay away from the game for a whole week. Dunno if it counts though, because 6 of those days I was in jail.
Jack Handey wrote: 
If they ever come up with a swashbuckling school, I think one of the courses should be laughing, then jumping off something.

[Apr 12, 2006 9:58:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
eguee

I was away for:*looks around*
2 months and 4 days
My sister was away for:
2 months and a week

and none of our pirates were deleted
Everyone spells my
name incorrectly, it's a
g, and not a q.
You wrote: 
equee

Rightontime on Viridian
[Apr 12, 2006 4:49:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    I luv HWFO [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

It's really great if you managed to be away for months and still found your pirates (you are sure you never paid three rings?), but don't make the OP think he can be away for that long without risking losing his pirates. Just because it took longer for you, doesn't mean it's always that long. Personally i'd go with what Liz says;

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=580209#580209
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=480299#480299
Pleun,

[Apr 13, 2006 5:01:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cdalman

I had to take an extended "retirement" from the game, and was gone for about 11 months. The game has changed so much . . . but I digress.

I was sure that my pirates where deleted, but they were still there when I resubscribed and logged in last week. I was very happy to see my pirates still around with all my stuff intact!

Klank
Midnight Ocean
Klank on Midnight
Steel Magnolias
Liberty Hull

Proud owner of the war brig Kraken's Tear

" You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be misquoted, then used against you. "
[Apr 13, 2006 10:59:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

As long as you have paid OOO real money at some point, even buying the $3 doubloon packet, then your pirates will never ever get deleted.
Pleun,

[Apr 13, 2006 12:15:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clatter12

Thanks for all the help. I'm actually going to download it at home so at least I'll have it here. *hopes her pirate is still there*
Captain of Di Cerberus.
[Apr 13, 2006 3:26:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Melodies36 [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates