• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 136
Posts: 136   Pages: 5   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 19832 times and has 135 replies Next Thread
Argemone

Re: [Midnight] Pirate's Fortunes {Deadline : April 30th}

I can't see my entry either... Unless I'm down as 'Ligera'... Maybe a better policy would have been to list by forum name entries, so mine would have been Argemone for example, rather than having one of my pirates drawn (if in fact it is a typo)

Edit: Also I'm not sure that multiple entries should be allowed - It isn't on the real show...
----------------------------------------
Ligeia (Ly-Gee-Ah), Midnight Cerulean
Going Down,
Universe A
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Argemone at May 2, 2006 5:41:37 AM]
[May 2, 2006 3:58:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kth38

I can't see my entry either... Unless I'm down as 'Ligera'... Maybe a better policy would have been to list by forum name entries, so mine would have been Argemone for example, rather than having one of my pirates drawn (if in fact it is a typo)

Edit: Also I'm not sure that multiple entries should be allowed - It isn't on the real show...

I think you posted more than one pirate name, and that is what i took from each post.
- Kayh, of the Midnight Ocean
- Kaiian, of the Sage Ocean

[May 2, 2006 8:52:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kth38

Hmmm...mine doesn't show up on the score list although you have it on the list of PMs you recieved.

Hmm

Me too :( Listed as having received a PM but no score shown

About this, your username may have been your pirate name, and so I wasnt 100% sure. Your post was marked but did not exceed 1700 points.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by kth38 at May 2, 2006 8:54:32 AM]
[May 2, 2006 8:53:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Enchantress4

Re: [Midnight] Pirate's Fortunes {Finished, Winners in 1st Post}

Winners
Doggiez with 1810 points - 1st place,- 27,500 poe
Dmitri with 1747 points - 2nd place,- 16,500 poe
Alydra + Mordrid with 1737 points - 3rd place,- PM me with the answer to......Something you go to the shops for...
The winner will be the one who can give me the best answer (according to my survey)

I would like to extend my congratulations to the Pirate Fortunes Event April '06

Full scoreboard later on in the thread.

[edit]Winners are to find Kgeo online to recieve prize......

Re: [Midnight] Pirate's Fortunes {Deadline : April 30th} Reply to this Post
I received entries today from Chemy & Hecko and sent the scores on to Kgeo.

They are :
Hecko 1354
Chemy 1318

I have also sent the following scores to Kgeo over the past week or so

Censored 1307
Ceylon 1881
Dirtybess 1644
Mandymae 1717
No Name (sent 4/18/2006 2:47:58 AM) 1550
No Name (sent 4/18/2006 2:48:22 AM) 1494
Sailmaker 962
The Butcher 1546
Yummyyum 1292

JPC
Zeta by DeZign - Meet Nemo - Win a Golden Ticket !! http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=600239#600239
[Edit 1 times, last edit by jpcarol at Apr 23, 2006 3:29:50 PM]

This was in one of the posts, I don't believe you got these scores.
Mandymae

[Midnight]
Mandymae - FO of Dexy's Midnight Runners

[Cobalt]
Shineaberry Monarch of the Flag Enjoyable Silence and SO of Treasure Hunters
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Enchantress4 at May 3, 2006 10:35:44 AM]
[May 3, 2006 7:23:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    enchantress1947 [Link]  Go to top 
Enchantress4

Just wanted to voice my thoughts on the event. I thought it was rather a nice one but the length of time to play game was too long. Maybe might consider maybe a week to play game. Don't change the rules in midstream. Too many times being able to change answers and you giving out the scores in advance. It seems to me to hard to keep track of all the PMS and things. I feel you lost some of the data on that one as I posted in my last post. Just wanted to voice my opinion. Thanks for listening MandyMae.
[Midnight]

[Cobalt]
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Enchantress4 at May 3, 2006 10:30:49 AM]
[May 3, 2006 10:25:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    enchantress1947 [Link]  Go to top 
Enchantress4

Just wanted to voice my thoughts on the event. I thought it was rather a nice one but the length of time to play game was too long. Maybe might consider maybe a week to play game. Don't change the rules in midstream. Too many times being able to change answers and you giving out the scores in advance. It seems to me to hard to keep track of all the PMS and things. I feel you lost some of the data on that one as I posted in my last post. Just wanted to voice my opinion. Thanks for listening MandyMae.

Well guess no one is going to respond to this post
Mandy
[Midnight]

[Cobalt]
[May 5, 2006 6:13:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    enchantress1947 [Link]  Go to top 
jpcarol

Not that it matters, but I did read your post and for the most part, I agree. One of the things that I learned on the very first event that I did was that nothing makes people more upset than when the rules get changed in the middle of things.

Also, I don't know why Ceylon's score and those of others did not seem to get added in correctly. I scored the answers and sent the scores to Kgeo, as well as posting them here to the list.

But since I really had nothing to do with the organization or prizes, there is nothing I can do about the inconsistencies.

It is a creative event idea and I think with a little work on the initial rules, etc. it could be fun for all.

JPC
Moo - What more is there to say ?
[May 5, 2006 9:10:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.darrylbs.com [Link]  Go to top 
SeanaMO

JPC wrote: 
It is a creative event idea and I think with a little work on the initial rules, etc. it could be fun for all.

I agree, and I've offered my help with the next round, should Kgeo decide to give it another shot. Btw, thanks JPC for helping out this time. ;-)

I would also like to acknowledge that Kgeo did make good on the 1st prize amount to me, despite having already given the 27.5k to Doggiez before he realized he was missing information.

Cey
Ceylon
SO of The Forsaken
Sultan's Sword - Midnight Ocean
[May 5, 2006 10:04:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Enchantress4

JPC I would like to say thanks to you for your help with the event. I was not meaning to slam anyone just wanted to voice my opinion, and I know you sent the scores. I also would like to see another ran, and I agree with you, a little work and it will be a great one. If there ia another one Mandy will donate 5K to the event. Mandy
[Midnight]

[Cobalt]
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Enchantress4 at May 6, 2006 8:25:04 AM]
[May 6, 2006 8:22:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    enchantress1947 [Link]  Go to top 
Enchantress4

I am glad that he did. I was concerned and I wanted to acknowledge that someone else had a higher score not trying to slam but just waking people up. LOL It is just when you do an event you need to think it through. But good event. Mandy

[quote]I would also like to acknowledge that Kgeo did make good on the 1st prize amount to me, despite having already given the 27.5k to Doggiez before he realized he was missing information.[/quote]

Cey[/quote]
[Midnight]

[Cobalt]
[May 6, 2006 8:31:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    enchantress1947 [Link]  Go to top 
jpcarol

The event outline that was used for the E2 events and is now used as a form for contacting OMs for event assistance is a really good tool for event planning. It covers a lot of the hidden pitfalls that can spring up and bite you in your flare pants !!

It is also a very good way to isolate potential problems in your events and the OMs are really good at getting back to you with questions about the areas where they think you may have difficulties.

I heartily suggest that anyone who is planning an ocean wide event look over the outline and plan with it in mind

JPC
[May 6, 2006 9:33:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.darrylbs.com [Link]  Go to top 
Enchantress4

The event outline that was used for the E2 events and is now used as a form for contacting OMs for event assistance is a really good tool for event planning. It covers a lot of the hidden pitfalls that can spring up and bite you in your flare pants !!

It is also a very good way to isolate potential problems in your events and the OMs are really good at getting back to you with questions about the areas where they think you may have difficulties.

I heartily suggest that anyone who is planning an ocean wide event look over the outline and plan with it in mind

JPC

Thanks for that bit of information, where might I find this information as I will look into that as I plan on having some kind of an event myself again soon. Ideas would be welcomed and looked at. Mandy
[Midnight]

[Cobalt]
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Enchantress4 at May 6, 2006 10:41:35 AM]
[May 6, 2006 10:38:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    enchantress1947 [Link]  Go to top 
jpcarol

It's in the main events thread, under "Events How to".

Here is the link

Just scroll down and you will see the outline

JPC
[May 6, 2006 12:21:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.darrylbs.com [Link]  Go to top 
Enchantress4

It's in the main events thread, under "Events How to".

Here is the link

Just scroll down and you will see the outline

JPC

Thanks ever so much,
Mandy
[Midnight]

[Cobalt]
[May 6, 2006 2:39:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    enchantress1947 [Link]  Go to top 
Dark_Cloud95

You had my name in the 2nd list of names and then it never appeared again. I would of liked to know at least what my score was.
If you do this again, I think that you need to be a bit more organized. I know that it is a lot of work but there was too much confusion with too many hands in the pot.

Good luck with it. Silverdagger
~Silverdagger!~
Ocean: Cerulean, Meridian & Ice

Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be?
I'm a pirate, after all.

[May 8, 2006 11:07:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kth38

You had my name in the 2nd list of names and then it never appeared again. I would of liked to know at least what my score was.
If you do this again, I think that you need to be a bit more organized. I know that it is a lot of work but there was too much confusion with too many hands in the pot.

Good luck with it. Silverdagger

On the last scoreboard. you are there. You got something near 1450 i think, so look harder, you are definately there. Try pressing Ctrl+F and then seach for your pirate name. It is on the alphabetical and the score list.

[May 8, 2006 12:53:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 136   Pages: 5   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates