• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Total posts in this thread: 851
Posts: 851   Pages: 29   [ First Page | Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 266927 times and has 850 replies Next Thread
MsBabette

Re: Fan Arrrt Reply to this Post

I wish more people would see this than I think are going to, because I think it's funny. I was watching Dirty Dancing the other night, which is one of my favorite movies of all time (It's right up there with Pretty Woman and Braveheart) and this idea came to me. I've thought about doing a Pirate Parody from either Hungry Eyes or another song from the soundtrack for the contest. If I do, this picture will accompany it.

Unless youve seen Dirty Dancing, this might not mean much to ya. Enjoy :D

[Nov 8, 2004 4:58:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Frostburnx

oh THANKS, Hungry Eyes is TOTALLY stuck in my head now....darnit all!
----------------------------------------
Liliene on Cerulean
[Nov 8, 2004 12:33:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.facebook.com/taradavis [Link]  Go to top 
otinia

My character sketch

Colored by Jacksparrow

[Nov 9, 2004 9:31:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StoneKrush

Ok as no-one commented on the last one it must of been a perfect piece of art :P

So i made another one, this time of my CrewMate LadyRedTears....

SALMON from Cobalt- on Shanty Raidio
The Cross-Dressing Pirate
Salmon says, "Ahoy again"
Cleaver says, "Hello scumbag"

[Nov 10, 2004 12:58:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.shantyraidio.com/    ShantySalmon [Link]  Go to top 
RedDog

Well this does say fan art so I guess that makes me a TedV fan.

This was an idea done for the Monsters vs Pirates competition using MS Paint during an idle moment at work. I intended to do a better one with pen and ink but as usual I never got around to it, so it was not entered, but I thought it was too funny to waste.

Regards Seasnake
Captain of the Flying Tigers, King of The Patrician's Flag
Fortunatly the seasnake rarely bites humans.

11 years and still flying the flag.
[Nov 10, 2004 11:24:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://seasnake.mysite.freeserve.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
kyubikhor

alrighty, i'm new to Y!PP so here's my very first drawing of my character, i took some liberties with the clothes, cuz my current outfit is pretty lame, also, i know the shading is off, but i'm too lazy to fix it, and it sort of works anyway, i did the background after i drew Kyu, and i totally spaced when placing the light source. Anyway, this is my first time drawing a background, so be gentle. the original drawing was done by hand, and then scanned and colored in Photoshop. comments are welcome and appreciated!

[Nov 13, 2004 11:58:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
crys20

[Nov 16, 2004 1:08:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.accountkiller.com/removal-requested [Link]  Go to top 
Scheherazade

"/me Wishes" by Androdaira. 0_O

Sorry, some of the lines are really choppy; I was in a hurry to get this one out.
Emerald: Controversy, formerly known as Cholera.

Captain of Disorderly House and Princess of Agree to Disagree.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Scheherazade at Nov 23, 2004 5:47:24 AM]
[Nov 23, 2004 5:47:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scheherazade

Babette, I fear I am in love with one of your drawings, the one of the incredibly glamorous wench with the green/navy hat. *Hugs you!*

[Nov 23, 2004 5:51:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

StoneKrush wrote: 
Ok as no-one commented on the last one it must of been a perfect piece of art :P

So i made another one, this time of my CrewMate LadyRedTears....

Do you have ze information? Ja? Zenn ve vill rule ze world!
[Nov 23, 2004 9:28:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

StoneKrush wrote: 
So i made another one, this time of my CrewMate

LadyRedTears....

Either her legs are very very short, or her arms are ver very long (and her breasts enormous). The pose is very nice, and the raised eyebrow completes it. Her hand on her cigarette holder is a bit... arthritic. I doubt you intended either of these things, but the creases and wrinkles and color maker her look old, which makes the way the smoke becomes cobwebby rather interesting.
[Nov 24, 2004 2:22:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Scheherazade wrote: 
"/me Wishes" by Androdaira. 0_O

Finish it! She's very tall, which will make some of the proportions challenging.
[Nov 24, 2004 2:24:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scheherazade

She is finished. Isn't she? 0_O

I don't have any objective critics. What say you, Nemo?

[Nov 24, 2004 3:05:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

If she's finished, then I find the big black leg distracting, and her lack of a hand unsettling. When making a vignette with unfinished parts, it becomes very important how you leave them unfinished.
[Nov 24, 2004 3:48:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scheherazade

Teehee, okay. What are your suggestions as to what I should do with the big black leg? :P

[Nov 24, 2004 5:24:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Take it out. End at her skirt.
[Nov 24, 2004 6:00:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StoneKrush

stevedave wrote: 

Do you have ze information? Ja? Zenn ve vill rule ze world!

The Planth, thur? I wath told you had the planth, Thur?
I thinkth, thur, that theirth been a mix up at the officeth......

Nemo wrote: 
StoneKrush wrote: 
So i made another one, this time of my CrewMate

LadyRedTears....

Either her legs are very very short, or her arms are ver very long (and her breasts enormous). The pose is very nice, and the raised eyebrow completes it. Her hand on her cigarette holder is a bit... arthritic. I doubt you intended either of these things, but the creases and wrinkles and color maker her look old, which makes the way the smoke becomes cobwebby rather interesting.

Firstly, thanks again for the great C&C nemo (as always)
I just noticed the legs actually as i was reading SteveDave's post, It does work if, ye leave an image and come back to it... was working on it too long to notice the legs I geuss..
And hands.....urg, hands..../me gets cold shiver.... I'll have to have another go at them, was trying to get them in a nice pose, what with not actually knowing anyone that smokes with a Holder, it was pretty hard, took me long enough to find referance for a holder :P...

And breasts....well, they're pushed up with wearing a corset, well it's not really just breast is it with a corset, it's stomach, belly button, and everything below the breasts as well :P.... Nar only joking, will see if i can make them a bit smaller..

The age is meant to be there, as her ingame character her character looks old, white the white long hair, and I personally associate the clothes hair and style of the character to an older person, No offence meant to anyone who looks like that (or acts, dresses...etc), but it's just my personal opinion........ But if it looks wron i'll change it too :P
SALMON from Cobalt- on Shanty Raidio
The Cross-Dressing Pirate
Salmon says, "Ahoy again"
Cleaver says, "Hello scumbag"

[Nov 24, 2004 6:01:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.shantyraidio.com/    ShantySalmon [Link]  Go to top 
ladyfighter

ooooo wow all of those are so good!!! :D

im new... but i did a lil doodle of one of my characters, tirydon :)
first complete doodle ive done in photoshop (elements, :P) without pencilling on paper first :)

got a bit lazy toward the end, hence the figures dont look like theyre resting on the bg... ;)

~lady :)
who likeys root beer better than real beer :)
Tirydon | British Sea Power | Looterati
[Dec 14, 2004 12:45:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dark_Viper

Ahoy,

well this newest update for xmas, has inspired me to post an image I made last month for xmas.

enjoy...

[img]http://www.studz.freeserve.co.uk/misc/Y!PP/xmas-dv-mini.jpg[/img]

very strange that my image is extremely like what has been created in Y!PP.

/me goes to check for Y!PP spy-ware and Nemo trying to remote-desktop to my computer.
DarkViper
-------------------------------
Tropical fish
[Dec 15, 2004 4:35:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.studzworld.com [Link]  Go to top 
weremole

(copic+acrylic+watercolor with salt)

Udi
Udi
[Dec 17, 2004 11:23:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ladyfighter

dude, those are awesome guys! :D

~lady :)
Tirydon | British Sea Power | Looterati
[Dec 18, 2004 3:13:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Festive!
[Dec 20, 2004 1:52:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dark_Viper

well I got a graphics tablet from Santa, and hears my first reall attempt at a picture.

this started off as a doddle when messing around, not bad for a mess about I think?

(Created using FlashMX and the pressure option on the paintbrush.)
DarkViper
Tropical fish
[Dec 28, 2004 8:44:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.studzworld.com [Link]  Go to top 
Dark_Viper

here is a coloured version:

DarkViper
Tropical fish
[Dec 28, 2004 9:16:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.studzworld.com [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

I'm enjoying putting images up on the news page. If anyone would like to supply me with more, or thinks I should use one already posted here, please post them in a size that fits the news. Usually no bigger than 250 wide by 200 tall, but if you want to take a screenshot and measure for yourself, you can get more specific.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Nemo at Jan 3, 2005 9:59:26 AM]
[Jan 3, 2005 9:59:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Akkhima

Nemo wrote: 
I'm enjoying putting images up on the news page. If anyone would like to supply me with more, or thinks I should use one already posted here, please post them in a size that fits the news. Usually no bigger than 350 wide by 150 tall, but if you want to take a screenshot and measure for yourself, you can get more specific.

I dunno if I can get back up there so soon... but I don't know a single pirate who hasn't loved this one:

Akkhima
[Jan 3, 2005 12:34:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.otaku-chan.com    akkhima    CrystallineAkkhi [Link]  Go to top 
weremole

(acrylic)

boys be hard to draw :(

Udi
Udi
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dementia

Akkhima wrote: 

/me giggles and pets the pirat
- Ajani, Into the Sunset

Ryhison tells you, "i hate u u are a evil little man that tourtures little animals"
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    LifeAheadofYou [Link]  Go to top 
RedDog

I dunno if I can get back up there so soon... but I don't know a single pirate who hasn't loved this one:

[/quote]

You can't help lovin' that little fellow, he is nearly as cute as Death of Rats. Does he have a name?

I can't help thinking that as a ship's rodent he should have a dusting of flour. The Navy called them "Millers" because they were usually white from being in the flour on board ship and when food got low they ate them.

Regards Seasnake
Captain of the Flying Tigers, King of The Patrician's Flag
Fortunatly the seasnake rarely bites humans.

11 years and still flying the flag.
[Jan 6, 2005 8:01:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://seasnake.mysite.freeserve.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Merridian

weremole wrote: 

(acrylic)

boys be hard to draw :(

Udi

Boys are hard at times. I do think you did quite well on the abdomen. The style used on the fire is quite different than the figure.
Merridian, Dark Illuminati

"Swabby bring my helping of brains in a clean bucket!" - The Dead Captain, to the Crew
[Jan 6, 2005 8:50:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 851   Pages: 29   [ First Page | Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates