• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Total posts in this thread: 851
Posts: 851   Pages: 29   [ First Page | Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 267201 times and has 850 replies Next Thread
StinkyMagoo

Re: Fan Arrrt Reply to this Post

Yar I just looked at my picture on a different monitor, and it is extremely dark compared to how it looks when I painted it. Which is what confused me at first because on my monitor, it's fairly bright, but on a different computer it looks downright muddy. For instance, when I look on it at the monitor I painted it on, I can see his whole face and his chest is dark browns, blues and purples, but not black. Looking at it on THIS computer, it's splotches of black. So maybe my brightness on my monitor is just too high, I'll fiddle with that so my pictures are more universally "readable".

As for the secondary lighting that you talked about Nemo, that's interesting and I'll fiddle with that too :)

Also thanks for the input Inuki, you brought some other things to my attention and I appreciate it.

Fitz
[Aug 20, 2004 1:30:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Frostburnx

I like the moon in the corner, you can still see the lins in the shadows, it has a nice feel to it, I think you did a good job on a anight seen after over looking all the bad things Nemo and others pointed out. Even though I can critique when neccessary, I like to just take things as they are, if we critique everything our artists gave us, it would not be art but just another sience excibit.

Awesome work
----------------------------------------
Liliene on Cerulean
[Aug 20, 2004 1:35:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.facebook.com/taradavis [Link]  Go to top 
elderp

A beginer's folly Reply to this Post

I was doodling the other day and this is what I came up with. I have no idea how to color (not quite sure if I should). I figure at the very least it will give you a laugh.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4155657&a=31391125&p=69336163&f=0
[Aug 29, 2004 3:41:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PeterP4n

I didn't laugh Elderp!

Its not bad actually!
Ye could color it...but black and white is nice too. Ye can try though to see the difference!
PeterPan
[Aug 29, 2004 7:34:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elderp

Colorize Reply to this Post

I tried colorizing it. This is what I came up with. It turned out to be harder than I thought it would be. I think colorizing something takes longer than the drawing did.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4155657&a=31391125&p=69341538

Still not the greatest drawing but now it's a colored not the greatest drawing! Plus I colorized my scooby doo drawing which was fun.
[Aug 30, 2004 6:14:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PeterP4n

Well I like the colors! Do ye have a paintbucket tool? that makes colorin' it easier if ye want plain colors....What program did ye use....?
PeterPan
[Aug 30, 2004 7:15:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Evil_Vin

Like always great work everyone, I'd like to post my quick piece of art (really quick piece, usually theres more to the picture). I know its a stick figrue thats because I've been over on the Kingdom of Loathing Forums alittle too much. (for anyone who cares to see my way better work over there, http://forums.asymmetric.net/viewtopic.php?t=8484)

The orginal unshrunken one is here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/Evil_Vin/EvilVinPP.png

I've been expermenting lately with marker/pen and paper then scanning it which makes drawing easier for me then to use my tablet.
Evilvin: [MIDNIGHT] Fleet Officer of Good Omens
Owner of the Peaceful Man-of-war
On a Long Puzzle Pirates Break
[Aug 30, 2004 7:55:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    evilvin1 [Link]  Go to top 
MsBabette

This be of me, by me!
I kinda thought it came out good =D
[Aug 30, 2004 12:52:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elderp

PeterP4n wrote: 
Well I like the colors! Do ye have a paintbucket tool? that makes colorin' it easier if ye want plain colors....What program did ye use....?

I used Photo Edition Bundle. It came with the scanner. I am learning little by little and experimenting on some other drawings I made. They aren't pirates though.
[Aug 30, 2004 2:53:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

Artrage doodle.

Magoo: I'm really late with this commentary, but I think it would help if you focused more on the planes of the face. If you break down the head into really simple blocks, it'll help you see exactly which sides are being hit by the ligh and from what direction. If I'm confusing you, just ask and I'll make a little paint-over.
[Sep 1, 2004 12:23:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
crowsdiamond

Dunno who the artist is, but it was sent to me by a long time matey, and all he could say was.... "Faile... "

Pirate Lass
~Faile
Once Captain of the Mighty PPA
Once Captain of the Falcon's Fury
Now Unretired and ready to KILL!!

Just point me to what you want dead, an' I'll kill it. Or die trying!
[Sep 2, 2004 12:26:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Crowsdiamond [Link]  Go to top 
KCJazz

crowsdiamond wrote: 
Dunno who the artist is, but it was sent to me by a long time matey, and all he could say was.... "Faile... "

Pirate Lass

Wow Faile, that's pretty cool!
You're dead sexy!
-Cannon-
Formerly Prince of the flag Dark Gods of Stormy Seas
[Sep 2, 2004 7:54:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://shantyraidio.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Matthias

Uhh...

Faile's link kinda wrote: 
You have been banned from 4chan.

If you believe this is a mistake, you may dispute the matter by e-mailing banned at 4chan dot org. It is possible you are accidently being affected by a ban meant for somebody else. If this is the case, rest assured the ban will be lifted for you. Please explain exactly why you think you were banned, and state a reason(s) why you think you deserve to be unbanned in the e-mail.

Rude, poorly written, or offensive e-mails will be ignored.

Matt, possibly helpful
I took my own advice.
[Sep 2, 2004 7:17:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elderp

I been practicing a bit, still not the greatest but here is what I have come up with:

This one is my stickfoomaster:
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4155657&a=31391125&p=69429406
This is my girl pirate: (my wife helped me pick out the colors)
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4155657&a=31391125&p=69429407
This is my blockade runner dude:
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4155657&a=31391125&p=69429408&f=0

I been having fun with them so I thought I'd share.
[Sep 7, 2004 5:46:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PeterP4n

Art is a nice medium to share!
And ye got yerself a nice avatar pic too!
PeterPan
[Sep 8, 2004 6:39:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ArtistGirl

Old picture I found.

Yes, it's Cleaver. Yes, he's making fries.

And since I'm in a posty-sharing mood...

From a flag coloring contest

And probably my favorite pirate sketch.
Angela
All grown-up.
[Sep 8, 2004 10:40:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
crowsdiamond

EEEK!! My pic got pulled from 4chan... so, its a good thing I saved it

Hot Pirate Lass who me matey thought was me

EDIT= Due to the, um... content of the pic, I was asked to switch it to a link, AND make a VERY BOLD disclaimer that this is NOT MY WORK!!

Although I had mentioned that in the previous post, It may have been misinterpreted on this repost...

YARR!!

Minus the overinflated balloons she is sporting, this IS how I view my main character, Faile. Strong, Sexy, and Proud... Tis a damn shame I cannae live up to that in real life!
~Faile

[Edit 1 times, last edit by crowsdiamond at Sep 20, 2004 3:14:04 AM]
[Sep 20, 2004 3:14:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Crowsdiamond [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

Zounds!
[Sep 20, 2004 4:12:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
Crooktooth

stevedave wrote: 
Zounds!

Yes they are. And in a sinking blockade, they can be used as a life saving floatation device.
Putting live chickens in my enemy's underwear since December '03!
Avvy by Sancha!
Sloganizer says: "Crooktooth Prevents That Sinking Feeling."
[Sep 20, 2004 4:30:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://stoneknivesandbearskins.blogspot.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
crowsdiamond

Crooktooth wrote: 
stevedave wrote: 
Zounds!

Yes they are. And in a sinking blockade, they can be used as a life saving floatation device.

ROFL!! The only complaint I have about the pic, are the overinflated balloon she sports on her chest..
~Faile

[Sep 20, 2004 7:26:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Crowsdiamond [Link]  Go to top 
azleaneo

This thread needs a bump
"Mourning"

Translation = "Broken Heart",
Kokorobosoi Midnight Ocean Refugee
Cerulean Ocean
[Oct 13, 2004 8:17:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pisceskitty

azleaneo wrote: 
This thread needs a bump
"Mourning"

Wow....*blinks*
Selkie: Officer of the Fandango Familliars

Silaqui: Officer of the Whyvern's Pride

Ehlonna: Pirate of the Nameless Corsairs
[Oct 14, 2004 2:06:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.laughingpan.com    ladyofthepanther    FelisFishius [Link]  Go to top 
MsBabette

Done with my 6-shades-of-grey pens.

sorry she is so huge. I was too lazy to resize her after I scanned it >.<

[Oct 15, 2004 1:59:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gloraelin

yet another bumpy.

i drew this tonight at a meeting. i was listening, i just like to draw sometimes while i'm listening.

what do you all seriously think of him? i actually drew him on my hand, but since i don't have a) a scanner or b) a digital camera, he was tranferred to paint.

Jen wrote: 
yes glor.. your boobs are vuluptously awesome.

Ye have received a trade request from Thunderbird.
Those two offers are identical, what's the point?

[Oct 22, 2004 3:49:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.livejournal.com/users/gloraelin/    gloraelin    gloraelin [Link]  Go to top 
Frostburnx

hehe! I love Stick Figures. And of coourse Bab out does herself again!
Liliene on Cerulean
[Oct 23, 2004 4:39:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.facebook.com/taradavis [Link]  Go to top 
azleaneo

Ok. I absolutely am terrible at computer graphics. The most experiance I had was Paint, which I love. I am going to a TV college for Graphic Design, and am currently learning Illustrator. That being said, this is the first thing I made in illustrator. We had to make masks for halloween. Ok here ya go.

Translation = "Broken Heart",
Kokorobosoi Midnight Ocean Refugee
Cerulean Ocean
[Oct 27, 2004 3:23:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Ha har!
[Oct 27, 2004 3:41:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MsBabette

Two old drawings I did of my very first Azure pirate, Lenore of the Wolfpack.

[Oct 28, 2004 2:22:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
crys20

Got bored on Lunch Break so I made a quick picture of my pirate.

[Oct 29, 2004 9:50:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.accountkiller.com/removal-requested [Link]  Go to top 
StoneKrush

A work in Progress, taken me since Dinner time today, Still working on idea's for background, C&C is more than welcome and is encouraged :D

Salmon
SALMON from Cobalt- on Shanty Raidio
The Cross-Dressing Pirate
Salmon says, "Ahoy again"
Cleaver says, "Hello scumbag"

[Nov 8, 2004 2:38:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.shantyraidio.com/    ShantySalmon [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 851   Pages: 29   [ First Page | Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates