• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 42
Posts: 42   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4531 times and has 41 replies Next Thread
moler22190

Re: [Viridian] Euphoria will be blockading Napi Peak on Saturday, April 8th

JD wrote: 
So, in many blockades it's just P4P and allies versus Requiem and allies under different flag names.

I pretty much said that exact quote in my intent for Viridis, for Viridis X. That was when I was trying to organize a one on one blockade with SC. Unfortunatly, I think its too idealistic and not really possible for the greater powers not to participate, as the smaller flags know, if they have a greater ally come in, their chance of winning increases.
----------------------------------------
Don't pave me, please!
For real this time wrote: 
but I shall no longer take any active part in the game, on any ocean.

Join the local PPA - Puzzle Pirates Anonymous, coming to a town near you!
[Apr 18, 2006 10:15:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    moler22190 [Link]  Go to top 
jondigger20

Just for clarification: I'm not saying it's a good or a bad thing. And that it should be stopped.

I'm just saying - that's what happens.
Johndigger

Fleet Officer of The British Eagles

All round barrelstopper.
[Apr 18, 2006 10:58:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
benDOTc

Well, the obvious solution is to schedule your blockades at the same time as blockades where P4P and Req are fighting each other directly.

That's right, the answer is more blockades! ;-)

(And yes, I know that P4P and Req don't get directly blockaded very often. This is mostly tounge-in-cheek.)
Benjideblade, Captain and Wench of Still of the Night
Lord of the flag Sea Change
Viridian Ocean
[Apr 18, 2006 11:34:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.stillofthenight.org    bendotc    bendotc    1926124 [Link]  Go to top 
Flak_88

My thought.

P4P and Requiem have been fighting awhile. At first it was intentional. I don't think I've heard that it still is anywhere. Two reasons, one is that they've both sort of made alliances extended from what happened before. Two is that they both have blockade and financing teams, and it's rather hard to find nav and shops for two large self-interested teams on the same side. Why should one help the other side when there's not really any opportunity?

An interesting fact is that Requiem and P4P have both changed a lot. Requiem went from being the Casanova and Calais flag to one where Maharet has less dependence on her hot shots. In fact Vanguard consists of most of what the initial Requiem wass and original alliances. P4P has largely retained it's original powerbase, but they seem to have become more independent from the flag itself. The mass behind both flags is now mostly newer crews and Viridian natives.
Flakcannon, on all English Oceans, except that imposter on Malachite.
Farming, cleaning up your poo, and making you drink it.
[Apr 18, 2006 11:36:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    habhabhabhab [Link]  Go to top 
mitos

Huh ?

What do ye mean, P4P blockade ?!

Let's see:

Is Euphoria a new flag or with inexperienced mates or people who are paid to blockade other's people islands ?
Nope, we are quite old (it's Viridian ...) and we have many people play for some time participated in many many blockades also as Euphoria and so far we have never attacked island just because someone paid us.

Did Euphoria blockaded Napi 2x recently ?
Aye.

Was Euphoria helping allies to win/defend islands for months ?
Aye.

Did allies help Euphoria help in both recent Napi blockades ?
Aye.

Did Euphoria get much less jobbers than Requiem on both blockades (even when paying jobbers more than Requiem on last one) ?
Aye.

Did Euphoria booched preparation (final decision of attack was much too late) AND strategy (number of people per ship, mostly and entering board from wrong side many times) AND naving (duh, I think it was just a bad day for many good navers ... really ... I've seen people in much better shape) ?
Aye.

Did Euphoria fully paid for both of Napi blockades (warchest, jobbers, supplies, 90% of ships was ours !)
Aye.

Is Euphoria very grateful to all allies who helped it in blockades ?
Aye, thanks again for any help ye could provide, mates !

Is P4P one of the Euphoria's current main allies ?
Aye !

Will Euphoria help its allies in many many blockades in future as it did before ?
Of course we will !

Would Requiem loose if P4P blockaded it, not Euphoria ?
I guess so but we'll never know :)

So...

I don't respond on forums much, but those conspiracy theories about P4P making/preparing/funding/organizing all blockades against Requiem/other flags go too far, IMO.

Have fun, mates.
Mitos,
Captain of Brotherhood of Steel, retired [Midnight]
Captain of Brotherhood of Steel [Viridian]
King of Euphoria [Viridian]
[Apr 18, 2006 2:10:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
srb196

Would Requiem loose if P4P blockaded it, not Euphoria ?
I guess so but we'll never know :)

So...

I don't respond on forums much, but those conspiracy theories about P4P making/preparing/funding/organizing all blockades against Requiem/other flags go too far, IMO.

Have fun, mates.

This is way to amusing. First of all, yes Requiem and P4P are often on different sides of the blockade board....as has been mentioned many times. However, both Requiem and P4P do not directly support (navvers, job contacts, etc) attacks on eachother's islands ever since Kirin V? Why? Because we KICK THE EVER LIVING DOOKIE OUT OF EACHOTHER.

There is no conspiracy. P4P helps their allies...we help ours. We keep away from eachother's property and life is much easier. P4P moved into Onyx and Requiem moved into Garnet....why would need to block eachother unless we just wanted to put a good show on for the ocean?

Another reason you won't likely see Requiem and P4P DIRECTLY helping one another.....navver egos. Requiem had a list of over 14 potential navvers for Napi II with a Top 5 given preference. P4P has their own star list of navvers. I don't see us getting enough jobers to feed all those egos on the blockade board. For some reason, I highly doubt Belgica or Tristan will want to carp for me~

Ebag tells Amoreth, "Gun order please?"
For some reason, I just don't see this happening~
Amoreth
Has-been
And on the 8th day God created Amoreth to pillage the high seas
[Apr 19, 2006 4:27:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
reqc

For some reason, I highly doubt Belgica or Tristan will want to carp for me~

Ebag tells Amoreth, "Gun order please?"
For some reason, I just don't see this happening~

Hmmm... I seen Tristan carping on an Euphoria WF and Ebag was gunning for me tons of times in the old times - now he's just more greedy on poe XD.

Albin,
haven't been around for some time...
Albin, First Mate of Brotherhood of Steel @ Viridian
(also ex-Captain of BoS on Midnight)
[Apr 20, 2006 3:29:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tyler21796

lol are ye gonna name everything on Nappy about hair or something that would be funny.

Nappy=bad hair

for some of you low brained people :)
**--(Sworder) CI addicted Wench of Hunter--**

Croft wrote: 
IF YOU DON,T LIKE IT DON,T READ IT!!!

[Apr 26, 2006 9:52:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    monkeyman21796 [Link]  Go to top 
moler22190

Napi isn't Nappy.
Don't pave me, please!

[Apr 26, 2006 5:56:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    moler22190 [Link]  Go to top 
tyler21796

lol I know but Napi and Nappy are said the same.
**--(Sworder) CI addicted Wench of Hunter--**

Croft wrote: 
IF YOU DON,T LIKE IT DON,T READ IT!!!

[Apr 27, 2006 9:35:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    monkeyman21796 [Link]  Go to top 
moler22190

Yes, you have discovered homonyms.
Don't pave me, please!

[Apr 27, 2006 11:26:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    moler22190 [Link]  Go to top 
blackmaria

That whole thing about P4P "helping" small flags is just bummy all the way around. The fact that small flags need, or feel that they need, P4P just makes me depressed. Do something for yourself. Whether P4P leeches or gets leeched is irrelivant to me. The whole situation just sucks.

P.S. Moler, you're a very polite and friendly person :)
Just show up and shoot, thats my philosophy.
[Apr 27, 2006 2:12:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 42   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates