• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 42
Posts: 42   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4492 times and has 41 replies Next Thread
mitos

[Viridian] Euphoria will be blockading Napi Peak on Saturday, April 8th

Ahoy !

I'd like to announce that flag Euphoria and it's allies will be blockading Napi Peak large island on April 8th Noon (game time).

Our jobbing contacts are: Bolus, Akuku and Cyndieloohoo

We will start jobbing around 30 min before start of the blockade.

We will pay jobbers at least 500 poe per round payed at the end of the blockade.

If we win, we will additionally throw some poe in free entry fee tourneys.

Please come to help us and ye will see some nice glub glubs and maybe even loose an eye or two with us !

Arrrr !
----------------------------------------
Mitos,
Captain of Brotherhood of Steel, retired [Midnight]
Captain of Brotherhood of Steel [Viridian]
King of Euphoria [Viridian]
[Apr 6, 2006 6:58:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonyaj

Re: [Viridian] Euphoria will be blockading Napi Peak on Saturday, April 8th

Congrats on Euphoria winning Napi Peak the easy cheesy way.
-DY
Denying the inevitable for as long as possible is a waste of life's work.
[Apr 6, 2006 7:07:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flak_88

Congrats on Euphoria winning Napi Peak the easy cheesy way.
-DY

Doesn't get it or wonders if it's comedic.

Does Cyndie have a real life at all? Has she ever missed a Viridian blockade or is her jobbing account have a password that many know? I haven't managed to make all the Viridian blockades as much as I love them.
Flakcannon, on all English Oceans, except that imposter on Malachite.
Farming, cleaning up your poo, and making you drink it.
[Apr 6, 2006 10:54:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    habhabhabhab [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

Does Cyndie have a real life at all? Has she ever missed a blockade or is her jobbing account have a password that many know?

Fixed.
I can pull a few Sage blockades that have Cyndieloohoo as a jobbing contact as well. And possibly, if I look hard, I may find a Midnight one. Maybe.
Phoenix - Black Plague to the core, Flag may change randomly.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

I think the OM's suck and are cheats.

no u

-Pro

[Apr 6, 2006 11:08:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jondigger20

What's a real life?

*goes off wondering*
Johndigger

Fleet Officer of The British Eagles

All round barrelstopper.
[Apr 7, 2006 3:52:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
black_beard7

What's a real life?

*goes off wondering*

Hmm, try www.dictionary.com its bound to be in there.
Triggster.
On all oceans, but mainly Viridian.
Captain of Trigonometry. Lord and former royal of RiddleMakers.
[Apr 7, 2006 4:17:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RhiannonS

Let's go Euphoria!

Me will be there and try to bring as many Syndicees as i can. This sure is a blockade not to miss =D
[Disclaimer]English is not my first language so please excuse my mispell and grammar mistakes.[/disclaimer]

-Rhia
[Apr 7, 2006 4:52:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jondigger20

Cyndicees

FIXED!
Johndigger

All round barrelstopper.
[Apr 7, 2006 5:01:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RhiannonS

Oh yeah.. that old joke about The Syndicate being The Cyndicate =b So smart. JD, you were there at Olive.. Is the Syndicate who win there or P4P ? I don't say P4P didn't help us. They did. Greatly. But we have a life of our own, thank you.
[Disclaimer]English is not my first language so please excuse my mispell and grammar mistakes.[/disclaimer]

-Rhia
[Apr 7, 2006 7:36:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Peter_Blood

Someone's feeling a little stressed and snappy.
Robberbaron

BSB - Midnight
MG - Sage

Sacrificing Minions: Is there any problem it can't solve? - OotS #192
[Apr 7, 2006 8:24:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RhiannonS

Hum yeah. The joke itself doesn't botter that much.. it's an old one. The person who use it hurted me more though.

-Rhia
[Apr 7, 2006 8:46:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IceColdFire

It's simple.

Micromanagement is lame. P4P will get shut down eventually.
-Twiggy

Zezuma says, "what type of ship is this"
Jiiggsaw says, "i think a war fridge"

[Apr 7, 2006 9:10:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flak_88

It's simple.

At Tigerleaf blockade either Cyndie or Tristan told me their goal was to help the little flags get on their own and do their own blockades. Noble goal, but just take a look at who coordinates and navs still. I hold nothing against them for continuing this, but at least be truthful, giving that up would take away a large part of the game they have enjoyed. Also too many flags would rather ask for help from someone like P4P as they are a known quantity. Often chances at victory make internal flag participation take a back seat.
[Apr 7, 2006 10:16:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    habhabhabhab [Link]  Go to top 
Demonyaj

Flak wrote: 
At Tigerleaf blockade either Cyndie or Tristan told me their goal was to help the little flags get on their own and do their own blockades. Noble goal, but just take a look at who coordinates and navs still. I hold nothing against them for continuing this, but at least be truthful, giving that up would take away a large part of the game they have enjoyed. Also too many flags would rather ask for help from someone like P4P as they are a known quantity. Often chances at victory make internal flag participation take a back seat.
For this blockade, being a three way collision between three of the largest masses of players ever (why one of these flags doesn't decide to wait until week 2 is beyond me- you'd think the straight up fleet loss would make up for the defender's edge), you bring in the aces, it's understandable. For, say, an attack on an outpost, why not get your flag the experience, rather than reminding us all that you're propped up by P4P (draw your own conclusions on which of my friends I'm taking potshots at).

Remember, I love you all and hate all your politics. :)
[Apr 7, 2006 10:21:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ninja277

It's simple.

You didn't speak to me. Why would I give up one of the things I most enjoy in this game? I do not do it for pay and will nav for any ally that asks.

I also think you overestimate our involvement in blockades. Mostly, it is just what you said, JCing for Cyn, naving for me and whatever other P4P navers(which some go to highest bidder). There are many people that do such. Chatblanc is always JCing, Digger finds himself behind the wheel quite often. Its ok for them but not for us? I am sorry, I think you are way off basis linking what we do for fun and thinking we control little flags' blockades. It is far from it.
Tristan

All Oceans
[Edit 1 times, last edit by ninja277 at Apr 7, 2006 11:25:25 AM]
[Apr 7, 2006 11:23:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flak_88

I also think you overestimate our involvement in blockades. Mostly, it is just what you said, JCing for Cyn, naving for me and whatever other P4P navers(which some go to highest bidder). There are many people that do such. Chatblanc is always JCing, Digger finds himself behind the wheel quite often. Its ok for them but not for us? I am sorry, I think you are way off basis linking what we do for fun and thinking we control little flags' blockades. It is far from it.

I don't care if you nav in every blockade, you are a good navver, Cyndie does a very good job at what she does too. If I had every weekend free I'd do the same thing. I was just left with the impression that flags were being trained to do their own blockading, that means they do their own coordination and have their own lead navvers. Now it's 6 months later and I still see a couple P4P lead navvers plus a coordinator at all the blockades. Nothing wrong with that but it doesn't fit with trying to make flags independent, it means that P4P directly is responsible for the success of their alliance ring as before.

Everyone else is doing the same thing, just none of them professed to be trying to end it. Instead my new impression became that the help was to hinder the other alliances, not an act of philanthropy.

I'm just a bit surprised with Euphoria, as they are not a flag I would think of needing to hire outside assistance.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Flak_88 at Apr 7, 2006 1:11:51 PM]
[Apr 7, 2006 1:11:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    habhabhabhab [Link]  Go to top 
chatnoir

At Tigerleaf blockade either Cyndie or Tristan told me their goal was to help the little flags get on their own and do their own blockades. Noble goal, but just take a look at who coordinates and navs still.

Funny you should mention Tigerleaf, it's where Cyndiepet taught me to be a jobbing contact. I've used this knowledge to increase my blockade expertise and develop several of our members into experienced blockade navvers, with the goal of having a flag that can stand on its own in a blockade. If other flags have chosen not to take advantage of this, that's their fault.

I invite Cyn to JC in our blockades and tag along to hers because I enjoy her company and we work well together.
"Ere we were two days old at sea, a pirate of very warlike appointment gave us chase. Finding ourselves too slow of sail, we put on a compelled valour, and in the grapple I boarded them..."
Hamlet, Act IV, Scene vi
[Apr 7, 2006 1:13:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.stillofthenight.org [Link]  Go to top 
Demonyaj

What blockade did you do this at (i.e., get your navvers experience), for my personal records?
[Apr 7, 2006 1:26:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ninja277

And if you also looked hard enough, Flak, you will see at a few blockades P4P navers going against each other in opposite flags. It is what they find FUN and what they want to play. Quit with your conspiracy theories that we have a hand in everything. Our allies put together their own blockades.

I will not apologize for playing a portion of the game I enjoy, naving. I doubt either will the other navers nor Cyn. I will also not apologize for people who want me to nav or Cyn to JC. If you have such a problem with it, maybe direct it towards them. Why should I have to stop doing what I enjoy?

Edit* Also note that Chat is JCing for Requiem. You question why Euphoria is using an outside JC and not Req?
Tristan

All Oceans
[Edit 2 times, last edit by ninja277 at Apr 7, 2006 1:39:52 PM]
[Apr 7, 2006 1:32:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cyndiepet

Does Cyndie have a real life at all? Has she ever missed a blockade or is her jobbing account have a password that many know?

Fixed.
I can pull a few Sage blockades that have Cyndieloohoo as a jobbing contact as well. And possibly, if I look hard, I may find a Midnight one. Maybe.

Yes, Flak, I do have a real life. Thanks for your concern.

You are correct, Phoenix. I have been a JC in blockades on all 4 oceans. I enjoy it and believe in helping friends. If I am not a JC and there is a blockade, you will likely see me jobbing on some ocean. I will admit that I am a blockade addict. I have made it my personal goal to learn all that I can about them since my very first blockade I participated in. My first sink ever in a blockade whereby Parth's ship went down at the first Heph blockade and I ended up with a hook sorta does something to a gal. There has been no looking back since.
Cyndiepet

Original Queen of Pay for Play

now....

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Pgoog wrote: 
Pgoog has an Ultimate standing in Loving across the Universe

[Apr 7, 2006 1:47:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flak_88

And if you also looked hard enough, Flak, you will see at a few blockades P4P navers going against each other in opposite flags. It is what they find FUN and what they want to play. Quit with your conspiracy theories that we have a hand in everything. Our allies put together their own blockades.

I will not apologize for playing a portion of the game I enjoy, naving. I doubt either will the other navers nor Cyn. I will also not apologize for people who want me to nav or Cyn to JC. If you have such a problem with it, maybe direct it towards them. Why should I have to stop doing what I enjoy?

Edit* Also note that Chat is JCing for Requiem. You question why Euphoria is using an outside JC and not Req?

Quit griefing my conspiracy theories!!!

Look, if you enjoy navving for every blockade I want you to. I was just pointing out an inconsistency, but yes I believe in the P4P everywhere conspiracies. I'm 100% not knocking hiring outside help for anything, I think all flags should if they feel the need. P4P is the only flag that ever expressed that they wanted to give up control but I haven't seen it. Maybe as you say I'm all wrong and flags are hiring P4P because for fun, not because they feel they have to.
[Apr 7, 2006 1:48:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    habhabhabhab [Link]  Go to top 
cyndiepet

Look, if you enjoy navving for every blockade I want you to. I was just pointing out an inconsistency, but yes I believe in the P4P everywhere conspiracies. I'm 100% not knocking hiring outside help for anything, I think all flags should if they feel the need. P4P is the only flag that ever expressed that they wanted to give up control but I haven't seen it. Maybe as you say I'm all wrong and flags are hiring P4P because for fun, not because they feel they have to.

Funny you should say that, Flak. There are many times that I sit on TS getting frustrated at the lack of coordination of a blockade. I am there to do a job. I do not take over and dictate how it is to be done. Also, you keep saying "hiring." I must be due a lot of poe then as Trist and I have never been paid for a blockade. We believe in supporting our allies. That is all we are doing.
Cyndiepet

Original Queen of Pay for Play

now....

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Pgoog wrote: 
Pgoog has an Ultimate standing in Loving across the Universe

[Edit 1 times, last edit by cyndiepet at Apr 7, 2006 1:55:31 PM]
[Apr 7, 2006 1:54:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonyaj

Poe is not the only thing allies can pay one another with. Just saying...
[Apr 7, 2006 1:56:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chatnoir

What blockade did you do this at (i.e., get your navvers experience), for my personal records?

It's been several. I hope my post up above didn't give the impression that I've been some kind of Svengali for these navvers, it's just that sometimes, especially in smaller blockades, there's space for a navver and you can recommend a person or two to round it out. After that, it's up to them.

I don't remember every blockade I've done this in, but I can tell you that it was one of my main goals for our Ansel blockade, from the very beginning--I even trained another person to be a jobbing contact for IC.

There have been several Viridiseseses, Ansel, Tigerleaf, some random P4P blockades...I don't mean to be evasive, but I genuinely don't recall 'em all.

For the mates who maybe don't want to nav or aren't at that level yet, I try to get them an XO position and get them onto Teamspeak so they can start getting an idea of how blockades work.
"Ere we were two days old at sea, a pirate of very warlike appointment gave us chase. Finding ourselves too slow of sail, we put on a compelled valour, and in the grapple I boarded them..."
Hamlet, Act IV, Scene vi
[Apr 7, 2006 2:07:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.stillofthenight.org [Link]  Go to top 
mitos

I'd like to thank all people who helped us in blockade and those who jobbed with us.

Our allies did great and they not only jobbed with us but also field some of their own ships in that sinkaton blockade !

All flags blockading Napi made a great show, good game mates.
Mitos,
Captain of Brotherhood of Steel, retired [Midnight]
Captain of Brotherhood of Steel [Viridian]
King of Euphoria [Viridian]
[Apr 9, 2006 9:04:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IceColdFire

As it would seem the sensitive subject of P4P has finally surfaced, i might as well throw in my thoughts.

Although many words are tossed around about Cyndie and Tristan, such as corrupt, or manipulative, i truly only see three things. Two of which you really can't fault them for.

I do feel P4P is micromanaged by Trist and Cyn, but that is only due to the sheer amount of rumored doubs they put into it. While i do disagree with that much financial support, the thought process is simple. This is a doubloon ocean. If you can flaunt it, do it.

Also, they have some extreme loyalty. Many P4P captains over the months have admitted they originally joined due to the mere fame available, but they must have stayed for a reason.

But what it comes down to, in my opinion, is the former leadership of Imperio on Midnight. I like Parthanos, but i do not like "new-imperio." under his current leadership. Cyndie made that a more enjoyable flag during her tenure.

So while i will probably accept, and have done so in the past, to try and oust P4P from the top.. Cyndie has proven herself in the past. In a case like that, the only good one can do is prove their might against it. And so far nobody has succeeded.

[Ontopic] Good fight, Euphoria. Let's do it again some time. [/ontopic].
-Twiggy

Zezuma says, "what type of ship is this"
Jiiggsaw says, "i think a war fridge"

[Apr 9, 2006 4:09:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jondigger20

I have no idea why I hate P4P.

It's just a habit now. And it's not going to change anytime soon.
Johndigger

All round barrelstopper.
[Apr 9, 2006 6:48:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elvishfairy

by the way.. that comment saying that euphoria -hired- pay for play was waaaaay wrong...

They are allies, and for the past few months, all euphoria has done has been help allies win islands, got a little boring soooo... its time we look for our own blockades and so we called in some IOU's ;) We always have -mostly- our own navvers, if allies would like to nav we usually let them do as they will, its more fun with more people on the board ya know!! :)

This weekends blockade was something, no clue how it went exactly as I was stuck jobbing people! But from teamspeak it sounded fun!! lol!! Good job Requiem for a defense well done!
when love cast me out, it was cruelty that took pity on me

Rhapsody
Senior Officer in Brotherhood of steel
Viridian ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by elvishfairy at Apr 15, 2006 10:21:40 PM]
[Apr 15, 2006 10:19:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://myspace.com/xxrhapsodyxx    scaryfairyelf [Link]  Go to top 
srb196

Not sure whats up with this P4P conspiracy stuff. The fact of the matter is....if Requiem is in a blockade.....P4P is almost guaranteed to be against us. The two flags show up at each blockade, pick different sides, and punch eachother in the face for a few hours. We take a week to lick our wounds, then we go back and do it again the next weekend.

Why? Pleh not going there. I get along with Cyndie great and I think she leads her flag well. But in our friendly conversations, I don't think we ever forget we will likely be enemies for a few hours come the next weekend, and afterwards we will continue to be friends as if the weekend never happened.

Conspiracy? No....two flags that ALWAYS fight eachother? Yes.
Amoreth
Has-been
And on the 8th day God created Amoreth to pillage the high seas
[Apr 18, 2006 4:29:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jondigger20

Yes, but lets face it - it does get rather boring.

Whichever flags are blockading, they call in their big allies.

So, in many blockades it's just P4P and allies versus Requiem and allies under different flag names.

The same people usually grab the top nav spots. Therefore, we increase our dominance over the other navvers.

D0wn W1v P3P!!11!!!11!!!!!!

<3 JD
Johndigger

All round barrelstopper.
[Apr 18, 2006 8:44:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 42   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates