• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 28
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8927 times and has 27 replies Next Thread
tcarr

[finished] Scrambled Eggs! (PvP) | Sat | 2006.4.15

What's more traditional the day afore Easter than decorating eggs? Here be the way pirates get eggs painted!

SCRAMBLED EGGS

What: PvP event, stealing paint and cannonballs from other registered sloops
Where: Uxmal to Verdant Atoll to Beta
Date: Saturday, April 15
Times: All times are Pacific.
8am-9:30am   Memorization services - contact Daleen, Johncorsair, Kbetle
9:30am-10am Preregistered sloops check in at Uxmal - Lordkalvan
10am-noon PvP from Uxmal to Beta
3pm-4:30pm Memorization services - Lordkalvan
4:30pm-5pm Preregistered sloops check in at Uxmal - Lordkalvan
5pm-7pm PvP from Uxmal to Beta

For whom: all Midnight pirates
By whom: Lordkalvan and his Water Sleeps flaggies
Fee: Free!
Prizes:
Painted, stocked sloop Easter Basketfish
Seven special edition (not sold in Palaces) Easter Eggs [2 sets]
15K shop credit at Revenge of the Ship [2 sets]
Bludgeon chest and Rumble pit [2 sets]
plus all the paint ye can steal from the other contestants!

Details:
Preregistration: Is strongly encouraged but not required. Reply to this thread or email otherwhen@frontiernet.net with the name of the sloop, yer crew name, the name of the team leader, and which window ye will enter (10am-noon, 5pm-7pm, or both). Preregistration ends 8am Saturday April 15th (to give us time to ship enough paint to Uxmal).

Team Leader must be aboard the sloop at check-in and fer the full two hour window. Team leader is responsible fer distributing any prizes fairly to team members.

Check-in: 30 minutes afore the PvP window opens, preregistered sloops check in by having their team leader ask to be jobbed to Otherwhen, then jobbing an event judge to their sloop which must be in port at Uxmal. The booty chest must be empty at this time. We will transfer 10 units of paint to yer hold, so there must be somebody FO or higher in the crew aboard to accept the paint. The paint is provided at no charge, and ye can keep any that ye have leftover.

Late registration: After the PvP window starts, sloops may register on a first come, first served basis until we run out of paint fer that window. These sloops will have less time to PvP, but will still have a chance to win prizes. Please be patient if ye register late!

PvP: The starting gun will be announced over Otherwhen crew chat channel. Do not deport Uxmal afore the gun, or ye will be required to port again and wait a 5 minute penalty. Attack any other contestant ye like (who isn't blue o course). If all ye see are blue ships, then have one of yer crew hop off. When ye attack a sloop, announce over Otherwhen channel so ye can be warned if ye have attacked a sloop that is not participating (in which case ye need to disengage or lose). Sloops that win against non-participating human sloops are disqualified.

The Goal: The goal is to steal as many different colors of paint from the other sloops as ye can (and at least one cannonball). Ye can also try to steal such from brigands, and Kraken's Blood counts as paint. Only the paint and shot in yer booty chest counts.

How to Win the Prizes:
In each of the two windows, the first sloop to port at Beta (job a judge aboard as soon as ye port!) with at least one cannonball and at least three different colors of paint in the booty chest gets to choose one of these prizes:
Seven special edition (not sold in Palaces) Easter Eggs
15K shop credit at Revenge of the Ship
Bludgeon chest and Rumble pit

The second sloop chooses from the remaining two, and the third sloop gets what is left.

Sloops are encouraged to go out again after showing the judge their booty chest, to try fer the Grand Prize. To qualify fer the grand prize, ye want as many different colors of paint in yer booty chest as possible, and at least one cannonball, in the least amount of time. Ye must port afore the end of the window (so if ye like, ye can port and show the judge after ye get 4, then again after ye get 5, etc).

Judges will record the time and number of colors. After the second window closes, the sloop that won the most colors of paint in the least amount of time wins the painted stocked sloop Easter Basketfish. Note: time is measured from the beginning of the window, not from when the sloop entered if it entered late.

Memorization services: We will have two types of services available to assist those trying to mem routes in Sapphire, or just trying to get to Uxmal fer the event. Tis best if ye are jobbed to Otherwhen while ye mem, to make it easier fer yer request to get to the right person.

1. Charting of standard routes: job Tseetum, Lordkalvan, or Sassysasha (whoever is online) to yer boat while it is at a league point and not in battle. We chart yer boat, then hop off and ye replace the bot that we kicked off and continue. All three of us have all standard routes in Sapphire memmed, plus the Remora-Papaya and Remora-Byrne. (Additional charters may be available)

2. Restocking: Rum and shot will be available at Uxmal, Verdant Atoll, and Iris. Ask fer the number of rum and small cannonballs ye need, and we will transfer by pirate name to ye after ye /pay fer them. Beta and Remora sell rum and shot dockside. Rum will be sold fer 60 poe each and shot fer 20 poe each.

Borrowing/Buying Sloops: Orders fer sloops placed at Revenge of the Ship on Beta afore April 3rd should finish in plenty of time fer this event. We have several premade sloops fer sale at Beta, and other sloops available to be borrowed. Borrowing sloops will involve ye crewing a deed holding alt, so please don't do this if ye will need charting services. Ye may also buy a sloop the day of the event (12.5K) and then sell it back fer the same price that same day - but please arrange this ahead of time so we don't sell all our premade sloops!

Thankee to our Sponsors!
Paint provided at discount by Tseetum's Apothecary
Sloop provided by Revenge of the Ship
Special Edition Easter Eggs provided by Artemis
Renaming the Easter Basketfish provided by Artemis
Poe to cover everything else provided by Lordkalvan and Water Sleeps flag

Yet another event sponsored by Water Sleeps, proud owners of the island of Beta since Oct 2004. Captains, if ye are looking fer a fun, active flag fer yer crew, please consider Water Sleeps.

edited to fix references to March instead of April
----------------------------------------
LordKalvan of Otherwhen, all oceans but mostly Midnight
[Edit 5 times, last edit by tcarr at Apr 16, 2006 1:43:35 PM]
[Mar 31, 2006 4:53:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

Re: [Midnight] Scrambled Eggs! (PvP) | Sat | 2006.4.15

Very nice!

What Pip tried to do was something totally unprecedent. He, in some strange way, used Midnight as a test server, without him even knowing. [Crap, it sucks I was not online when he did that :'(... pfft, anyways]

Like a bad penny.
[Mar 31, 2006 4:59:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
stowaway1693

Date: Saturday, March 15

Verus title of post :

Sat|2006.4.15

Sisqi

Midnight- now in Phresh Phoenix Phlavour

[Mar 31, 2006 5:05:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

Date: Saturday, March 15

Verus title of post :

Sat|2006.4.15

eeep! /e fixes.....
[Mar 31, 2006 5:07:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
daleenmarine

Willing to offer some help with the charting for memorization...I got all live, dead and training routes and can probably join the crew for the day.

ps. If I do this, will I still be elegible for the event?
HuskerMike wrote: 
It feels like you're on a jihad against me.

Antix wrote: 
And if he turns out to be an innocent lets not remember that fact at all.

[Apr 1, 2006 2:49:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

Willing to offer some help with the charting for memorization...I got all live, dead and training routes and can probably join the crew for the day.

Thankee! ye don't have to join the crew, although twould make it easier. And aye, ye could still PvP. The only people who aren't eligible are the judges working the same window, and meself.

I'd like a chance to mem one or more of the dead routes meself, if me wrists let me duty nav that day. Which mem window would be convenient fer ye?
[Apr 1, 2006 4:29:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

Is it worth asking which eggs are up for grabs?
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[Apr 1, 2006 5:12:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

I don't know meself - Artemis promised that they were not available in the palace though. Special edition. If she gives them to me ahead of time then I'll take a screenie and post it.
[Apr 1, 2006 5:33:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

I don't know meself - Artemis promised that they were not available in the palace though. Special edition. If she gives them to me ahead of time then I'll take a screenie and post it.
Magical Mystery Eggs ^_^

I think you've just tempted me into showing up. Whether this is a good or bad thing is yours to decide.
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[Apr 1, 2006 6:11:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rfleming71

Magical Mystery Eggs ^_^

I think you've just tempted me into showing up. Whether this is a good or bad thing is yours to decide.

There are a total of 9 eggs added into the game. 4 of which you can buy in the palace. Using the Yohoho! Tools with manual update, you can see all 9. I must say, i like number 9 the best.

I can post a screenie if there is a demand for one.

Elvyn
[Edit 1 times, last edit by rfleming71 at Apr 1, 2006 8:01:20 PM]
[Apr 1, 2006 8:00:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

A screenie would be nice, but telling us how to do a manual update to Y!T would probably be more productive :)

You know the story with the teaching and the feeding and the days and the fish.
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[Apr 1, 2006 8:03:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rfleming71

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish, feed him for a life time.

Why would you teach him, then you lose him as a shopper.

Anyways, here is the screenie until i put together an easier to understand update, or someone post the one i cannot seem to find.

Elvyn

[Edit1] Fixed image link 2
[Edit2] Typos
[Edit 2 times, last edit by rfleming71 at Apr 1, 2006 8:32:45 PM]
[Apr 1, 2006 8:10:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skeleton_Pac

ooo yeah, I like the last one as well. The two pirate ones are really awesome.
For God so loved the World, that he gave his only
begotten son, that whosoever believes in him shall not
perish, but have everlasting life.For God did not come
into the world to condemn the world,but to save the
world through him.
-John 3:16-17
[Apr 3, 2006 11:53:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
orlandia

I. Love. The. Chick. One.

Awwww.
Orlandia on the Midnight Ocean
[Apr 3, 2006 8:51:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DeadAtH3ar7

mmm PvP =) sounds like alot of fun! i will most likely be there just gotta check out my schedule and see that its free before i pre-register =)
[Apr 3, 2006 10:58:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KingKirby2

We participated in an event similar to this on Sage. One thing to point out is their will be alot of rum and cannonballs traded back and forth. I started with about 150 in the hold and ended up with 0 in the hold and about 350 in the booty. It sounds like a fun event.
KingKirby on Hunter
[Apr 4, 2006 1:58:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
daleenmarine

LordKalvan wrote: 
Daleen wrote: 

Thankee! ye don't have to join the crew, although twould make it easier. And aye, ye could still PvP. The only people who aren't eligible are the judges working the same window, and meself.

I'd like a chance to mem one or more of the dead routes meself, if me wrists let me duty nav that day. Which mem window would be convenient fer ye?

I shall defenitely be around for the first window, and the second if the hubby's bein' nice!
HuskerMike wrote: 
It feels like you're on a jihad against me.

Antix wrote: 
And if he turns out to be an innocent lets not remember that fact at all.

[Apr 5, 2006 7:28:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

Thankee Daleen - I have ye down as a charter fer the first window.

If anybody is interested in entering a sloop, please preregister. Sloops that register late will miss at least a few minutes of the PvP window.

If ye are having trouble getting yer sloop to Sapphire, I can chart it (or sell ye a map to Remora). I also have several premade sloops fer sale at Beta.
[Apr 10, 2006 6:10:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

The event is this Saturday mates. Please when ye preregister include the name of yer team leader, the crew the sloop is in, and the window ye will be competing in (or say "both"). If ye aren't sure which sloop ye will be using, that can specified on Saturday.

All prizes WILL be awarded. In the event of not enough sloops in a window to make winning 3+ colors of paint reasonable, an announcement will be made afore the starting gun as to how many colors of paint ye should have afore porting and calling a judge. Fer example, if there be only five sloops entered, we might say "first ship to port with at least TWO colors" instead of three. If there be only three sloops that show up fer a window, then first ship to port with any paint at all would be only feasible solution.

Late registrations are accepted Saturday morning, but please be aware that yer sloop doesn't get to start right at the beginning of the window, so ye have a slight handicap on winning first place.
[Apr 12, 2006 7:45:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ian_Rhodes

I was wondering which manager was giving away sloops, bah you have a shipyard with the same name as the jorvik one. /me thinks something mst be done about that.
Hypnos Score: 4.
[Apr 12, 2006 9:07:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

Mine was named Revenge of the Ship *first*. The Jorvik one is the copy cat.
[Apr 12, 2006 10:44:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ian_Rhodes

Ill take your word for it, I dont know the jorvik ones history.

Whats the max and Min crew that should be aboard each ship? Otherwise 'might' bamblosaling may occur or something for SF numbers.
Hypnos Score: 4.
[Apr 13, 2006 8:36:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

Shop history: just check the Shop tab at each of them - it gives the month and year the shop was built.

Max/min crew: I'm assuming that most people will stuff their sloops. If all the other sloops are showing dark blue to ye, then ye will have to ask one of yer crew to hop off.

Any crew with Novice/Able alts on it will be publicly scorned.... ;-)
[Apr 14, 2006 4:48:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

The grand prize sloop Easter Basketfish is painted and stocked with 50 rum and 300 cannonballs. The 14 rare easter eggs are scattered on the sloop, but will be awarded as separate prizes (7 to one team, the other 7 to a second team - which may or may not include the winner of the grand prize).

The rumble pits and bludgeon trunks are ready and waiting fer two teams to win them. The shop credit at Revenge is also waiting o course.

Tomorrow is the DAY! Be sure to get yer registrations in as soon as ye can, so ye don't miss the first few minutes of PvP.

edit: if the grand prize winning team does not WANT the sloop Easter Basketfish, I have somebody willing to pay 30K fer it.

edit2: I splurged a few minutes ago and bought one of each kind of Easter Egg that can be purchased from the Palace, so even after giving away 14 Easter Eggs, there will still be some left on the Easter Basketfish fer the grand prize winner.

[Edit 2 times, last edit by tcarr at Apr 15, 2006 4:09:10 AM]
[Apr 14, 2006 3:54:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

Preregistration is now closed. Ye can still register tho - but yer sloop will start just a wee bit late.

Charters are standing by to help ye get to Uxmal. Send a tell to:
Daleen - has entire ocean memmed including dead points
Lordkalvan - all of Diamond and Sapphire, and all interarchs from those
Johncorsair - all of Sapphire, plus Byrne to Remora
[Apr 15, 2006 8:28:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

Congratulations to the winners of the 10am-noon heat! Drilly also had the most colors of paint at the end of the window, and is in the running fer the Grand Prize of the painted stocked sloop Easter Basketfish, with 4 more Easter Eggs aboard.

Ye can still register fer the 5-7pm Pacific heat - send Lordkalvan the name of the sloop ye will use, and we can provide charting to Uxmal fer ye. Note that even the sloop that didn't win any PvP battles got to keep the paint I give it at the start.

First place:
teamleader: Drilly
crew: Plank Club
sloop: serious hagfish
prize: 7 eggs

Second:
Teamleader: Johncorsair
Crew: John's Corsairs
Sloop: Tricky Oscar
prize: 15K shop credit

Third:
teamleader: Littlejohn
crew: caress of the sea
sloop: Lime Punch
prize: rumble pit and bludgeon trunk

edit: Littlejohn says that the brigands who snagged her during the event produced enough poe that her restocking share covered the restocking, even with all the PvP battles!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by tcarr at Apr 15, 2006 12:01:00 PM]
[Apr 15, 2006 11:57:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

Registration is now open fer the 5pm-7pm PvP slot. Contact Lordkalvan in game, and include the name of yer sloop. I can chart ye to Uxmal if ye need it.
[Apr 15, 2006 3:49:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

Congratulations to Drilly's team fer winning the grand prize - the Easter Basketfish.

Winners of the 5-7pm PvP window are:

First place:
teamleader: Boneheadmom
slooop: Flipped-out Catfish
crew: Team Zissou
prize: 7 rare Easter Eggs

2nd
team leader: Rumbloke
sloop: Conceited Gar
crew: rum's bums
prize: 15K shop credit at Revenge of the Ship

3rd
Teamleader: Dragonburn
Crew: Otherwhen
Sloop: Upright Tench
prize: rumble pit and bludgeon trunk

Twas great fun, and me crewbies thank all who showed up to PvP with us. One of these days LK is gonna have to get somebody else to run the event so he can PvP as well.....

edit: all prizes have been awarded.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by tcarr at Apr 16, 2006 5:26:05 AM]
[Apr 15, 2006 7:20:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates