• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 53
Posts: 53   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 15187 times and has 52 replies Next Thread
lorkiria

Re: Rendered eggs

This is likely too much to ask, but what if those pictures rotated?

The 3DS Max egg model is linked to from Prometheus' post in Events for this contest. You can also find the links for the trial versions of 3DS Max and Illustrate! renderer in that thread. Feel free to get all that and figure out how to animate things in your free time. My free time is already all filled up. Thanks for volunteering.

- Guppy
----------------------------------------
"There is no salvation in becoming adapted to a world which is crazy." - Henry Miller
[Mar 18, 2006 7:48:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dragonlilly

This is likely too much to ask, but what if those pictures rotated?

What would be the point? If the eggs are only going to be viewed from two angles, then seeing them from every angle would be superfluous, at best.

Dragonlilly,
Gift horse anyone?
Dragonlilly, Captain of SDTC
A very much retired old sea salt! Or would that be sea saltess?
Shanty Raid-io!
[Mar 18, 2006 8:04:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://dragonlilly.shantyraidio.com    srdragonlilly    SO+Dragonlilly    101380420 [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

Well, Prometheus did ask for patterns that wrapped. If the egg-type furniture calls for them to be in a basket, then it'd be hard for all of them to remain at the same two angles. But, if they're in a basket, the patterns may be hard to see. If they're trinkets or standalone furniture, then yes, they'll likely be at two angles, only.
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
[Mar 18, 2006 11:25:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
lorkiria

Well, Prometheus did ask for patterns that wrapped. If the egg-type furniture calls for them to be in a basket, then it'd be hard for all of them to remain at the same two angles. But, if they're in a basket, the patterns may be hard to see. If they're trinkets or standalone furniture, then yes, they'll likely be at two angles, only.

These renders are done in the specific manner that Nemo requested, single frame 0 view only. I would expect that he knows what's needed and would have asked for a second view if that was it. I'd previously done frames 0&1, but he requested just 0 without 1.

- Guppy

Edit: Just to repeat my earlier advice about how to check wrapping, just put two copies of your entry side by side and see if it matches up in the middle. Example:

"There is no salvation in becoming adapted to a world which is crazy." - Henry Miller
[Edit 1 times, last edit by lorkiria at Mar 19, 2006 9:08:13 AM]
[Mar 19, 2006 8:50:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
d4rk0n3

Edited and re-rendered my jollyroger and busted eggs using frame 0

Busted

Jollyroger
[Mar 19, 2006 9:43:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lorkiria

d4rk0n3 wrote: 
Edited and re-rendered my jollyroger and busted eggs using frame 0

Thanks! Have updated yours along with a few others.

- Guppy
[Mar 19, 2006 5:30:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LadyJain

Thnx so much! I neva thought mine would look like that, thnx!
:D :D :o)
[Mar 19, 2006 9:02:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

I have corrected my original eggs and posted a few new ones. If someone could be so kind as to render them for me, I'd love them forever!
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Mar 21, 2006 10:54:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lorkiria

Synful wrote: 
I have corrected my original eggs and posted a few new ones. If someone could be so kind as to render them for me, I'd love them forever!

Gotcha:

Edit^11: Updated Furyoko & Synful. Added Eity & Zidione_.

- Guppy
[Mar 21, 2006 12:33:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thespian

thanks for doing this. I've been doing it myself to get an idea of what things are doing, but it's good to have them all lined up, exactly the same like this.

one note; you have my ship-egg twice, and my goldfishy egg not at all.

fishy fishy fishy.

Thes.

(I can't wait for rumble to come to midnight not so I can beat on people, but so I can get a fish and a portrait of me proudly holding it)

Thespian says, "you have a doll, you selfish meanie. I just have a vulva."
Peeteegee says, "Hey, I picked out the colours for your vulva."
Nemesis says, "I'm...leaving now."

[Mar 21, 2006 1:01:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lorkiria

Thespian wrote: 
one note; you have my ship-egg twice, and my goldfishy egg not at all.

Ah ha! One day I will learn the whole case sensitive thing ;) It's fixed now. I'm quite partial to fish, surprised I didn't notice it wasn't there!

- Guppy
[Mar 21, 2006 1:32:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Synful wrote: 

Gotcha:

- Guppy

Watch out, now I love ya forever!

Thank you kindly :)
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Mar 21, 2006 4:21:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CountCristo

Thanks so much for rendering all these for us! You have done an awesome job. They really helped me to see which ideas didn't come through. The need for dark colors is essential to make your design show up. Maybe you will be awarded an egg for the effort, I think you deserve it. Your egg is one of my favorites. It reminds me of a faberge egg. Really like Muffbeards powder egg too.
Cristo-Viridian and occasionally the rest.
[Mar 22, 2006 6:50:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

My dear lovely Guppy,

So sorry to be such a pain but I updated the octo egg(cracked with tentacles) and the boat one. May I see a render so I know if I corrected the problems or not?
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Mar 22, 2006 9:33:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lorkiria

synful wrote: 
I updated the octo egg(cracked with tentacles) and the boat one. May I see a render so I know if I corrected the problems or not?

I'm just glad that the renders are helping folks correct issues with their designs.

Edit^15: Added Aldure, fewmets, happymonkeys, LexiconDul, NikoGold, rkanecao & sseth. Updated Benzene265, brendbee, CountCristo, d4rk0n3, debbiedoo, fiddlesticks & Synful.
Edit^15.4: Added the sneaksies hobbitses ssetheses's last second two entries.
Edit^15.5: Did a final entry thread check-over and noticed another hobbitses - Thespian.

- Guppy
Surrounded by the hobbitses
[Edit 2 times, last edit by lorkiria at Mar 22, 2006 4:54:59 PM]
[Mar 22, 2006 4:36:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Thank you again, Guppy.

I have to say that if I had to pick my favorite one(outside of my own) I'd go with Kaalvoet's third entry. Its how I dye my eggs at home! Harr!!

Synful
Fancy is ok, but love the simple ones much better.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Mar 22, 2006 5:58:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rkanecao

Thanks so much for rendering my eggs. I tried for 30 minutes today with the demo of 3DSMax 7, and couldn't get it to work.

I did have 2 more egg designs on the forum, if you wouldn't mind getting those also.

Thanks again,
Belerofone of Sage.
Belerofone of Sage.
Sweetheart of Ceegee.
Loyal to Master and Commander.
Warrior of the Flag "The Other Side of Sage".
[Mar 22, 2006 6:30:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lorkiria

I did have 2 more egg designs on the forum, if you wouldn't mind getting those also.

Whups, I actually rendered all 5. Just forgot to do the last two image links. Added 'em.

- Guppy
[Mar 22, 2006 6:39:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rkanecao

What was the cutoff time(& timezone) I did some edits to my eggs a few minutes ago, and uploaded to the image server I have them on.

Ack I hope this doesn't screw up my chances.
Belerofone of Sage.
Sweetheart of Ceegee.
Loyal to Master and Commander.
Warrior of the Flag "The Other Side of Sage".
[Mar 22, 2006 7:37:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lorkiria

What was the cutoff time(& timezone) I did some edits to my eggs a few minutes ago, and uploaded to the image server I have them on.

Ack I hope this doesn't screw up my chances.

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=576532#576532 I would guess that it was when Prometheus locked the thread and probably also grabbed the entries.

- Guppy
[Mar 22, 2006 8:13:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sseth

Oh great! I just noticed what you're doing here. Wonderful, thanks a lot! :)

Sseth,
sneaksiessest hobbitses ssetheses ssssssssss..........
*giggle*
Sseth

Frootloot, my short YPP animation film
[Mar 23, 2006 8:31:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
trader23450

render mine plz!

[Mar 8, 2007 4:15:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

Mind the bump this is last year's egg rendering thread - where you want to be is:
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=58453
Pletoo of Sage
[Mar 8, 2007 6:54:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 53   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates