• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1474 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Rick9109

NCAA Brackets 10k [Midnight] Reply to this Post

Hello, I thought about doing a ypp bracket pool, but it's probably too much of a hassle. So instead I'm just going to have a quick bracket contest. The prize is 10 k delivered on Midnight. Sorry other oceans, but I am trying to keep this as simple as possible.

In order to play, join the ESPN group I set up (seems to be the simplest way to do this). The undisputed winner will walk away with 10k. If their is a tie, the prize is split.

URL to sign up: http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/
Search for the private group: Yohoho Bracket Pirates (you can try clicking the following link, but note, it doesn't always work
http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/groupinfo?groupID=137382&entryIDFrom=1320815 )
Password shurby needed to join

Edit: and please post the name of your bracket that you signed up with, as well as your pirate name. Entries that do not post their pirate name here will be disqualified due to me being too lazy to track people down.
----------------------------------------
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Rick9109 at Mar 14, 2006 12:13:21 PM]
[Mar 14, 2006 11:36:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
kargach

Re: NCAA Brackets 10k [Midnight] Reply to this Post

My entry is Henderson 1 because I decided to join the group before editing the name. >8)

But now my entry is simply named Kargach.
Kargach of the Midnight Ocean
Captain of the Champions of Valhalla, and occasionally good at forum contests
[Edit 1 times, last edit by kargach at Mar 15, 2006 6:08:14 AM]
[Mar 14, 2006 12:32:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gordogato

For simplicity, I used my pirate name as my entry name: Gordogato.

Kargach: You can go back and edit your entry name... On your selection brackets page, look near the top and click on "Edit Entry Settings".

Thanks for setting this up. I was about to do it myself before I did a quick search for "NCAA". You should crosspost an announcement in Shore Leave, and possibly Events... those are the places I thought to look first.
Gordogato, Midnight and Hunter Oceans
[Mar 14, 2006 1:40:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

For simplicity, I used my pirate name as my entry name: Gordogato.

Kargach: You can go back and edit your entry name... On your selection brackets page, look near the top and click on "Edit Entry Settings".

Thanks for setting this up. I was about to do it myself before I did a quick search for "NCAA". You should crosspost an announcement in Shore Leave, and possibly Events... those are the places I thought to look first.

I spent the last ten minutes looking for it in events. I'm not quite sure why I posted it here in the first place. Oh well. I will cross post in shore leave and perhaps a kindly OM will move it to events if they think it fits better there.
Rome
[Mar 15, 2006 1:47:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
hedgehog2005

Censored now has an entry. :)

And kudos for setting this up
Cerulean: Censored
Meridian: Censored
Meridian: Hedges
[Mar 15, 2006 5:53:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TarnumTheRed

Now an entry for Tarnum.

Not only kudos for setting this up, but also for the Kane icon. You may be a biiger wrestling fan than me, and that is scary.
Tarnum

Darvid wrote: 
I guess it's just fun to poke the retarded bunny.
Muroni wrote: 
Who isn't sure that leif will let me enter him, but I'm willing to try.

[Mar 16, 2006 6:58:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

Er and the winner is me! That was unexpected.

Gordogato, you were second, so the prize goes to you. Find me on midnight. I generally play late nignt-early morning pirate time, but I can have a crewmate pass you the money if you play at different times.
Rome
[Apr 4, 2006 12:43:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
kargach

Well if the Big Ten had bothered to win any games I might have done better. >8) But congrats to both of ye.
Kargach of the Midnight Ocean
Captain of the Champions of Valhalla, and occasionally good at forum contests
[Apr 4, 2006 5:22:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gordogato

Er and the winner is me! That was unexpected.

Gordogato, you were second, so the prize goes to you. Find me on midnight. I generally play late nignt-early morning pirate time, but I can have a crewmate pass you the money if you play at different times.

Wow... Really? I was doing so badly in all of my bracket pools, I stopped checking after the 2nd weekend. I guess with all the upsets, nobody did very well except for the die-hard George Mason fans. Only today, a week later, I thought to check on who won, and the brackets aren't on ESPN.com anymore. Congrats on the real win, Rome!

I'm usually on early-evening pirate time, but we'll hook up somehow.
Gordogato, Midnight and Hunter Oceans
[Apr 11, 2006 8:18:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates