• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6336 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Jander

Pirates of the Caribbean trailer! Reply to this Post

Like we swabs don't have enough to be excited about today... Disney's just released the first full Pirates of the Caribbean trailer! Take a look!

Bite size: http://bvbp-qt.vitalstream.com/PiratesOfCaribbean/PiratesOfTheCaribbean_T2_0300.mov

Larger: http://bvbp-qt.vitalstream.com/PiratesOfCaribbean/PiratesOfTheCaribbean_T2_1500.mov

I dunno about you folks, but atween this and the new release? I'm gonna happily OD on piracy!
----------------------------------------
---Jander
As dastardly a dragon as there ever was!
[Apr 5, 2003 7:01:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ely

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean trailer! Reply to this Post

Incidentally, Bethesda's Pirates of the Caribbean game seems to be Sea Dogs II under a different title (the SD2 site even redirects to their new PotC site). So that, also, should be something to look forward to.
[Apr 5, 2003 7:08:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Ely114 [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Arr! That be some good piratey adventure on both accounts!
[Apr 7, 2003 4:44:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
akebia

"This Film Is Not Yet Rated"!? Reply to this Post

What? "This Film Is Not Yet Rated"? Who are they kidding?

(I want everybody to join me in the punchline here. On three.)

Everybody knows it'll be rated...
[Apr 7, 2003 8:20:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jander

....ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

That joke will never, ever die. Aliens will come across our culture in a thousand years, and still the faint echo of that punchline will ring across the landscape.
---Jander
As dastardly a dragon as there ever was!
[Apr 7, 2003 8:28:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AvaPoet

I don't get it Reply to this Post

I don't get it.
Ava
[Apr 7, 2003 10:17:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.avangel.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
RedVelvet

Hmmmmm..... A pirate movie with Johnny Depp AND Orlando Bloom...

Yeah, I think I'll see that. ;)
[Apr 8, 2003 4:56:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

RedVelvet wrote: 
Hmmmmm..... A pirate movie with Johnny Depp AND Orlando Bloom...

Yeah, I think I'll see that. ;)

This was indeed Disney's brilliant move in making this film;

'Hey honey, let's go see that swashbuckling adventure-laden Pirate movie with skellingtons and treasure, harrr!'
'The one with Legolas and Johnny Depp? Sure!'
[Apr 8, 2003 5:55:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Ramirez

Ely wrote: 
Incidentally, Bethesda's Pirates of the Caribbean game seems to be Sea Dogs II under a different title (the SD2 site even redirects to their new PotC site). So that, also, should be something to look forward to.

Wow. I was really looking forward to SD2, but that's kind of scary, licensing an IP just months before launch! In such a license arrangement, the owner of the IP tends to be able to review/veto the implementation of said IP quite vigorously... For some reason, I'm having "Pool of Radiance" flashbacks...

It's based on 2nd edition D&D. No, 3rd ed! Uh-oh, what abo...SHIP IT NOW. (d'oh!)
It's seven leagues to Turtle Island. We've got a full cask of rum, half a keg of gunpowder, it's dark, and we're wearing eyepatches. Hit it.
[Apr 8, 2003 6:05:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ely

Yeah, you said it. I've also been really looking forward to SD2, and this news hit me like a sour suprise. As a general rule, I avoid any games based on movie licenses, since it's pretty damn rare that one ends up being good. But, upon reading further into it, it seems all they've really changed from SD2 is the name and main--and optional--storyline. Hopefully everything I was looking forward to in SD2 will survive the PotC transition without any editing.
[Apr 8, 2003 6:28:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Ely114 [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates