• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 15
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2692 times and has 14 replies Next Thread
Sugarpie

Nonbooched Suggestions for The List Reply to this Post

1) I'd like to see a random number generator implemented in the game, either a coinflip or a dice roll. The text would come as a different colored emote so people couldn't "fake" rolls or flips. It would be a great way to help decide who on the boat gets to buy the kracken's blood or get the spare map. It would help in the team tourneys on land to see what team decides who attacks who. Would help in "lotteries" where atm all we have is someone's word that "X" person won with no way of anyone verifying the results.

It wouldn't be all that difficult to implement since there's no graphics to go along with. It could be a /flip or /random or /random 1 10 (to roll a dice from one to ten) and the emote text would be something like "Sugarpie has rolled a dice from 1 to 10 and this time it turned up a 6".

The only negative really would be either dice spam or 50 threads on the forums on how dice and coins cheat. Both of which can be solved with a plank to the head.

2) Add a /speak option. Especially on boats where vessel chat gets set to default every time you finish a puzzle/game it would be nice if you could talk in your private circle and say "good game" and stuff (mostly on tourneys on the boats) without having to switch the chat selector. There currently is no way to use a / command to use the speak channel. I checked the / list and tried /speak and /say to no avail. If somehow I've missed it, lemme know :)

3) Add a room chat channel similar to vessel for indoors. That way people could use speak to talk privately with-in their circle indoors without talking to everyone in the entire room. The room channel would be set to default indoors. This would especially help for tourneys so that people could talk and answer questions with-in their circle without fear of being muted all the while not adding more spam to the room.

Biggest problem I had with this was the 3v3 on-land tourney. We had 2 teams in my crew entered and our 3rd man's regular crew had 3 or 4 teams in and its impossible to try to talk in tells with two people at once about the same thing and not get somewhat screwed up. So I tried talking to them in circle since we were there together and nearly got muted :X
----------------------------------------
Sugarpie
The Violet (er... Violent?) Pirate
Member of Black Death
Former Governor of Orca
Piggy Josiah R.I.P.

[Sep 30, 2003 1:48:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

Re: Nonbooched Suggestions for The List Reply to this Post

Number 1) Absoluetly, so incredibly handy and useful in all respects, at the very least add it to the list!

Number 2, 3) I'm almost positive that on a vessel, getting into a circle and using /speak makes it visible only to people in the circle. the fact that you can't use a /command for it is unfortunate, but it takes about 3 seconds to press the button and switch it. However indoors, yeah, pehaps there should be a /room channel that is the deault, which functions how /speak does indoors now, and /speak can work like it does outside
[Sep 30, 2003 3:09:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sugarpie

I'm almost positive that on a vessel, getting into a circle and using /speak makes it visible only to people in the circle.

That's correct :) As far as switching it... 3 seconds times 3 swordfights times 4 rounds... I can type faster :P
Sugarpie
Member of Black Death
Former Governor of Orca
Piggy Josiah R.I.P.

[Sep 30, 2003 3:12:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

Sugarpie, I found that jobbing everyone in my triv team to my crew made it a lot easier to talk. :)
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Sep 30, 2003 5:05:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sugarpie

Its confusing when you have 2+ teams in the same crew and trying to make heads or tails of what is going on as was the case during the team thing.
Sugarpie
Member of Black Death
Former Governor of Orca
Piggy Josiah R.I.P.

[Sep 30, 2003 5:08:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

Probably made it really rough on your crewmates though, and in the Mad Mutineers that would be a lot of people getting spammed.
[Sep 30, 2003 5:09:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

A game-mechanic tournament handler is on The List.
[Oct 1, 2003 3:43:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

I was thinking the /dice and the /coin would have non-tournament applications . . . people could play any simple dice games they know while on a ship, in a chat circle, at a wedding. Heck, people could even play some RPG-lite like Drudges & Developers.
[Oct 1, 2003 3:52:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
Kraken

homullus wrote: 
Heck, people could even play some RPG-lite like Drudges & Developers.

The sad thing is, people will actually try to do this..
Gorth

Midnight:
-Senior Officer of Dastardly Deviant Devils.

Azure:
-Owner of Spring Blade Iron Monger on Spring Island.
[Oct 1, 2003 3:55:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jothmar

Playing a RPG in a MMORPG . . . the world may never be the same.
Kelyon Hawk of Fidelis Bellum
[Oct 1, 2003 3:55:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kraken

But the question becomes, are you playing an RPG in a MMORPG, or are you really playing a MMOMRPGRPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Multiplayer Role Playing Game Role Playing Game) ?
Gorth

Midnight:

Azure:
[Oct 1, 2003 4:01:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
spinn

Events: In-Game RPG | Opulence Resort, Namath | All | All | Last Monday

The first MMORPGIGRPG! Pirates will gather at the inn and play OfficeQuest(TM), a life-like RPG where pirates can pretend to be office workers in a large corporation! The "pirates" "roll" the "dice" to get that program finished in time! Check the Pastry Acquisition table to see if your dexterity is high enough to get the last donut! Make a Saving Throw Vs. Boss Catches You Playing Puzzle Pirates At Your Desk or you're pinkslipped for sure!

Winning team will get 2K poe, or fifty bucks, or maybe 30 GP, depending on determining which recursive reality they won in.
And thus, the message is concluded.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by spinn at Oct 1, 2003 4:52:40 AM]
[Oct 1, 2003 4:52:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.spinnwebe.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Kraken

spinn wrote: 
Events: In-Game RPG | Opulence Resort, Namath | All | All | Last Monday

The first MMORPGRPG! Pirates will gather at the inn and play OfficeQuest(TM), a life-like RPG where pirates can pretend to be office workers in a large corporation! The "pirates" "roll" the "dice" to get that program finished in time! Check the Pastry Aquisition table to see if your dexterity is high enough to get the last donut! Make a Saving Throw Vs. Boss Catches You Playing Puzzle Pirates At Your Desk or you're pinkslipped for sure!

Winning team will get 2K poe, or fifty bucks, or maybe 30 GP, depending on determining which recursive reality they won in.

Hahaha. Nice!
Gorth

Midnight:

Azure:
[Oct 1, 2003 4:56:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

homullus wrote: 
I was thinking the /dice and the /coin would have non-tournament applications . . . people could play any simple dice games they know while on a ship, in a chat circle, at a wedding. Heck, people could even play some RPG-lite like Drudges & Developers.

Yes. I'm sorry. I think this would be handy outside of tournaments as well. I didn't mean to exclude that option by presenting my solution.
[Oct 1, 2003 6:06:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
darom

We definitely need a /coinflip command!
[Jan 12, 2013 11:33:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates