• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1837 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
Merina

[On The List] Hair Styles Reply to this Post

Just a feature that i think would be neat :)

If there can be a salon made available where people can go in and pay like 80 poe and get their "hair" redone.

Extra if you want to dye it.

lol...or what would be really fun is if, as part of getting it done, you have to play a puzzle...and how well your hair comes out depends on how well you play it.

So, if you booch the game you come out looking like you battled a weed wacker....
[Sep 29, 2003 11:26:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kraken

Re: [On The List] Hair Styles Reply to this Post

http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=2960&highlight=haircut

http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=1496&highlight=haircut

http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=2839&highlight=haircut

http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=1916&highlight=haircut
----------------------------------------
Gorth

Midnight:
-Senior Officer of Dastardly Deviant Devils.

Azure:
-Owner of Spring Blade Iron Monger on Spring Island.
[Sep 29, 2003 11:35:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

/emote covers ears with hands and says "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA I can't hear you LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA"

While I'm trying to think of that one word that people say, when somebody posts the same idea as somebody else, especially within days of each other, because they didn't use the "search" function at the top of the screen . . . there's a word . . . umm . . . anyway, I happen to think this is not a good idea, the more I've seen it. It's weird enough when somebody gets new clothes, but suddenly getting a haircut and dye job will make them sorta unrecognizable, and I know I personally look at faces more than names in sea battle . . . people should maybe look how they look . . .

. . . what IS that word?
[Sep 29, 2003 11:39:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
Kraken

I'm going to try a new way to handle these posts. Instead of just saying "The One Word", or getting upset at the person, I'll simply do the search and then copy/paste every related thread as a link into the reply. That will both point the person in the right direction, while hopefully killing off the thread at the same time.

Woe be to those who ask about cheating AI or paying to play..
Gorth

Midnight:

Azure:
[Sep 29, 2003 11:49:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sugarpie

We have to pay for this game?

*cackles*
Sugarpie
The Violet (er... Violent?) Pirate
Member of Black Death
Former Governor of Orca
Piggy Josiah R.I.P.

[Sep 29, 2003 11:51:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

I would have been more brief, but I actually did want to weigh in on the idea, as well as the process.

Sometimes. the list of threads will be too long, as will be the case soon with search-motherscuppering-keyword-haircuts.
[Sep 29, 2003 11:54:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
Kraken

Sugarpie wrote: 
We have to pay for this game?

*cackles*

/blackspot Sugarpie

homullus wrote: 

Sometimes. the list of threads will be too long, as will be the case soon with search-motherscuppering-keyword-haircuts.

That's the point. The more threads there are on the topic, the more amusing it will be for me to post the reply.
Gorth

Midnight:

Azure:
[Sep 29, 2003 11:56:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squidbeard

Sometimes we have to make sacrifices. Reply to this Post

Kraken wrote: 
That's the point. The more threads there are on the topic, the more amusing it will be for me to post the reply.

Aye, I imagine 'tis true. An' while I'd hate to cut into yer amusement (fer I'm all about the amusement), having 17 threads on haircuts makes it hard for those who do use the Search function* to get good results. Keeping down the number of posts about a given topic is all about rewarding those who use good judgement.

--Sq

[size=9]* Both of them.
Squid
High Priest, Cult of the Red Mantis
[Sep 30, 2003 12:51:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://looterati.goldfish.org [Link]  Go to top 
Kraken

Re: Sometimes we have to make sacrifices. Reply to this Post

Squidbeard wrote: 
Kraken wrote: 

Aye, I imagine 'tis true. An' while I'd hate to cut into yer amusement (fer I'm all about the amusement), having 17 threads on haircuts makes it hard for those who do use the Search function* to get good results. Keeping down the number of posts about a given topic is all about rewarding those who use good judgement.

--Sq

[size=9]* Both of them.

I agree completely. And the best possible solution in my opinion would be to simply delete threads that asked repetetive questions, while possibly sending the person who started the question a message directing them to the appropriate thread. However, that wont keep the threads from popping up. I am simply trying to find a good way to avoid another repetetive discussion about topics that have been beaten into the ground. If left unchecked, nearly every one of these posts will fill up with people who havent read the other posts, discussing the same things, using the same arguments, getting everyone all worked up over and over.

My goal isnt to make more threads, its to put a quick end to repeated threads so that it doesnt clutter the search lists as much.
Gorth

Midnight:

Azure:
[Sep 30, 2003 12:57:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

That's why we have OM chappies (and chappettes); they can move this to the end of one of the threads Kraken listed. It gets a bump, and the arguments are preserved rather than duplicated.
[Sep 30, 2003 1:19:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
Squidbeard

Don't get me wrong, lad. Reply to this Post

I weren't takin' ye to task, Kraken -- yer a good mate, an' no lie.

I jest thought we were overdue fer an explicit explanation o' why some of us come down so hard on repeat postings of ideas suggested an' argued long ago. Some folks are of the opinion that old salts like me 'n Hom are mean jest fer th' fun of it, when the truth is that I'm mean outta love fer those who make th' effort (an' mebbe also a little 'cuz o' the fun).

--Sq
Squid
High Priest, Cult of the Red Mantis
[Sep 30, 2003 1:26:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://looterati.goldfish.org [Link]  Go to top 
Kraken

Re: Don't get me wrong, lad. Reply to this Post

Squidbeard wrote: 
I weren't takin' ye to task, Kraken -- yer a good mate, an' no lie.

I jest thought we were overdue fer an explicit explanation o' why some of us come down so hard on repeat postings of ideas suggested an' argued long ago. Some folks are of the opinion that old salts like me 'n Hom are mean jest fer th' fun of it, when the truth is that I'm mean outta love fer those who make th' effort (an' mebbe also a little 'cuz o' the fun).

--Sq

Ahh. I did indeed misunderstand your original post then. Thanks fer clarifying that for me.

I don't mean to try to take any jobs away from the OMs. I just have seen many a thread turn into a heated kick-in-the-shins for bringing up a topic for the 100th time. For sure I've taken part in many of the same topics and just wanted to come up with a better way for myself to help out the misinformed newb without sticking my own foot in my mouth.
Gorth

Midnight:

Azure:
[Sep 30, 2003 1:33:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Merina

:p

so much for letting this thread die...

Locked by Demeter: it will now...
[Sep 30, 2003 3:28:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates