• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 624 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
EspedairSt

vofficer Reply to this Post

Ahem...ok, 1st post on forum is in Game Design :) Cheeky, eh? Anyway, long time lurker...

Having watched the Spaniel blockade the other day, got me thinking on how the blockades are run by participants, and also got me thinking on what may be a good idea:

Presumably, on the bigger ships, there's the b-nav officer, and also one or more XOs walking the decks, looking for lazers, d/cs etc. The idea I had is to have a vessel only officer chat (/voff) to allow the officers on board to chat without filling up the whole crew's /off chat, or the flags /foff.

I would see this of benefit both in large crews, where there may be multiple pillages happening at once, and also in blockades.

(search for vofficer showed nothing, so either my search skills are rubbish [they are!], or it's not been suggested before)

Cheers
~Espy
----------------------------------------
[Edit 100000 times, last edit by Espy at Feb 29, 1937 1:01:01 PM]
[Jan 19, 2006 4:02:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

Re: vofficer Reply to this Post

Don't think it's been suggested. Probably not an upgrade over truly customizable chat channels. Also, on a trip with a lot of officers, the spam stays close to the same.
[Jan 19, 2006 5:14:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
drc500free

Re: vofficer Reply to this Post

Probably easier to implement than fully customizable ones, though. And marginally easier to use.
----------------------------------------
-Darvid
sundancer wrote: 
will you please explain to me one more time why it would not be acceptable to blockade us?
Squid wrote: 
Because I shouldn't have to go through all that effort.

[Jan 19, 2006 6:58:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates