• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 18
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2170 times and has 17 replies Next Thread
nindar

Ship shops sell more maps... Reply to this Post

How hard would it be to allow ship shops to buy/sell maps? I'm a map trader and it seems like it would fit it.

With the openning of the new arches, we really need an organized way of trading/buying pillage only maps.

I'm not suggesting changing the current maps available in the shop, just letting the shop owner add maps to inventory and buy/sell them...
[Sep 29, 2003 4:34:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
meiadm

Re: Ship shops sell more maps... Reply to this Post

I believe an upcoming new shoppe should handle this - I've heard of the actual in-game bazaar as a new building that should show up soon enough. Once it gets here it should handle yer in-game trading needs.
----------------------------------------
Frizzan - Gone for good
[Sep 29, 2003 5:10:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jothmar

I've not heard of this, is it basically an anything goes shop where only one person can sell or would it be a place where anyone can try to sell goods?
Kelyon Hawk of Fidelis Bellum
[Sep 29, 2003 5:25:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vexorg

I think that the plan is for a consignment shop, where goods can be sold for a fee (probably a percent of the purchase price).
Vexorg: Apparently still in some crew somewhere, Midnight
(May actually exist)
Yee: No, it's not a breakfast cereal.
AtteSmythe wrote: 
Mmm, community-built hype. Better than the real thing, with less work!

[Sep 29, 2003 5:39:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
raykremer

Yes, something, anything.

I've got a bunch of diamond maps the brigands gave me, and while I need some for skelly fodder I'd love to sell off the rest at prices undercutting the ship shops. However at the moment, trying to organize that through the map thread in the bazaar forum would be more trouble than it's worth.

It would also be nice to see some sort of list of all maps in the game, separated into those ship shops sell and those only given out by brigands. Just so I know which ones I need to be looking for to buy from other players.
[Sep 29, 2003 6:53:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tesseract

raykremer wrote: 
Yes, something, anything.

I've got a bunch of diamond maps the brigands gave me, and while I need some for skelly fodder I'd love to sell off the rest at prices undercutting the ship shops.

Who would you sell to? Everyone's got Diamond maps they want to sell, and most new players will probably just get a spare set from their friends.
Celb[size=9]
Captain of Freehand Circle
Greeter of Epsilon Island
Selbstlade[size=9]
Tired and retired... Former Captain of The Cartographers
[Sep 29, 2003 8:54:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
raykremer

and most new players will probably just get a spare set from their friends.

Indeed? Well never mind then.
[Sep 30, 2003 2:07:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kraken

raykremer wrote: 

Indeed? Well never mind then.

Don't dismiss your idea so quickly :)

Getting a bunch of maps from friends most likely happens a lot, especially with common maps that everyone has 15 copies of. But that doesn't mean there cant be room for those extra maps in the ship shop. There will always be cases where people want maps now and dont want to wait for their friends, or they have no friends, or their friends have no maps for them, or they'd rather buy their own that mooch of their friends, newer crews that may not have so many maps that buy a new ship and want to fill it up quickly, etc..

Racks (like those in clothing shops) for more shops are on the list. Not sure if the ship shop is one of them.
Gorth

Midnight:
-Senior Officer of Dastardly Deviant Devils.

Azure:
-Owner of Spring Blade Iron Monger on Spring Island.
-Senior Officer of Dastardly Deviant Devils.
[Sep 30, 2003 2:14:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squidbeard

Map roast! BYOM! Reply to this Post

Tesseract wrote: 
Who would you sell to? Everyone's got Diamond maps they want to sell, and most new players will probably just get a spare set from their friends.

Here's a reason we need a big fire pit in Cnossos Plaza. I think we should have a big Map Bonfire one night. We could all sit around the fire and throw in copies of common maps and sing chanties. We could make a contest out of it! Any excuse for a party and a Free Rum occasion!

Then I could drink too much, and throw in my deed to the Inn by mistake, and then Uzi could get mad and throw me in after it...

Okay, so maybe it's a bad idea. Never mind.

--Sq
Squid
High Priest, Cult of the Red Mantis
[Sep 30, 2003 2:26:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://looterati.goldfish.org [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Either that or a map donation chest... to put maps when ye get far too many spare copies to be useful to anyone ye know... could be very useful for new vessels :)
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Sep 30, 2003 12:14:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Hanns

Yes, let inexperienced players haunt your pillage routes, get beaten by brigands, which you can then take from said brigands. ;)
-Spolto, some random guy of millions of people in the Midnight ocean.

-Ayrus, Senior Officer in the La Giustizia Implacabile.
[Sep 30, 2003 12:24:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lovemonkey_1

54x wrote: 
Either that or a map donation chest... to put maps when ye get far too many spare copies to be useful to anyone ye know... could be very useful for new vessels :)

when i sell me vessels i usually give two complet sets of maps with em, along with balls and rum. if annybody is interested chek the bazzar i gots a war brig fer sale
Lovemonkey
[Sep 30, 2003 2:40:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ultima7

how about a take a penny(diamond/emerald map) leave a penny bin.

maybe one on guava one on alpha

and since jet is building up fast, maybe on on Xi
Argyle
[Sep 30, 2003 11:24:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PotatoJones

Aye, it is a bump.

I think it'd be nice and plenty useful if shipwright bazaars sold maps in the front room, same ones as a regular shipwright.

EDIT: A post-post search (a more specific one, mind ye) finds that I'm echoin LJG from this post. The notion o'it bein a PoE sink is mentioned which I agree with. The whole bit seems simple enough.
Potato Jones: Steam-Powered, High-Flying
[Aug 25, 2004 11:42:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    heretogoisaid [Link]  Go to top 
54x

PotatoJones wrote: 
Aye, it is a bump.

I think it'd be nice and plenty useful if shipwright bazaars sold maps in the front room, same ones as a regular shipwright.

EDIT: A post-post search (a more specific one, mind ye) finds that I'm echoin LJG from this post. The notion o'it bein a PoE sink is mentioned which I agree with. The whole bit seems simple enough.

I never really saw any problem with this. It's kinda silly that people should feel as if they need to build a shipwright store only for maps.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Aug 25, 2004 11:52:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
funnybones

Well, once forts and palaces sell charts instead of shipyards, it'll be all good right? We just have to pillage and trade for inter-arch charts.
The Dread Pirates Robinson & Barthes, LLC

The poor complain; they always do. But that's just idle chatter.
Our system brings rewards to all. At least, to all who matter.

[Aug 26, 2004 6:08:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cahrin

meiadm wrote: 
I believe an upcoming new shoppe should handle this - I've heard of the actual in-game bazaar as a new building that should show up soon enough. Once it gets here it should handle yer in-game trading needs.

In what form? Permanent stalls, or temporary ones that you can set up and sell anything you want at any point of the day (while you're sleeping, perhaps)?
-Cahrin
[Aug 26, 2004 7:13:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Yeah... ummm.... an entirely new shoppe for maps sounds like a waste of real estate to me. ;)
from Midnight.
[Aug 26, 2004 8:14:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates