• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 373
Posts: 373   Pages: 13   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 96613 times and has 372 replies Next Thread
Wheebiscuit

Re: The Shop Tool Reply to this Post

I'm happy to see a new update to the Shop Tool. I use it frequently as means of tracking costs and expenses, and gauging if I am actually making a profit or not.

I run a Furnishing stall, and would dearly love to see the newer items added:

Sofas (added in May to the game)
Harpsichords (added in June)

Each have color options so it is somewhat difficult to hand calculate costs and profits for them.

Thanks for all of your work with the tool. I look forward to experimenting with the new spreadsheets.

- Aarghbird
----------------------------------------
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Avatar by the arrrsome Billshakes
[Jul 2, 2006 10:35:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

I'm happy to see a new update to the Shop Tool. I use it frequently as means of tracking costs and expenses, and gauging if I am actually making a profit or not.

I run a Furnishing stall, and would dearly love to see the newer items added:

Sofas (added in May to the game)
Harpsichords (added in June)

Each have color options so it is somewhat difficult to hand calculate costs and profits for them.

Thanks for all of your work with the tool. I look forward to experimenting with the new spreadsheets.

- Aarghbird

Doh! I knew I would forget something important. I'll get an update out in the next few days with the new Furnisher items in it.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jul 2, 2006 12:41:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hondamugen20

With his speedy release; version 4.5-B is now moot.
Haywoodx
No Crew
No Flag
No Title
No Money
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hondamugen20 at Jul 2, 2006 6:06:13 PM]
[Jul 2, 2006 2:39:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

Belgarion wrote: 
I'll get an update out in the next few days with the new Furnisher items in it.

Version 4.51 is now posted.
YPPedia Entry
Changelog
Download Link
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jul 2, 2006 5:51:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wheebiscuit

Belgarion wrote: 
I'll get an update out in the next few days with the new Furnisher items in it.

Version 4.51 is now posted.
YPPedia Entry
Changelog
Download Link

Thanks mate! That was fast!

- Aarghbird
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

[Jul 2, 2006 8:13:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

I wrote: 
The other bonus file is the Shop Records Parser. You can paste your logs into the sheet marked "Shop Log" and some interesting data will appear on the report sheet at the front.

5. Use this at your own risk. There are undoubtedly lots of bugs I haven't discovered yet as it relates to accuracy of data. I've only started working on this and using it myself. Normally, I wouldn't bother releasing it yet, but there may be an interest in it, even if it's not in a complete form yet.

In playing a bit more with this, some of the additional limitations/bugs that I've discovered:

a. Hemp oil currently gets added into the numbers for Hemp because the string search is only done for Hemp, thus a false positive for hemp oil. My working version fixes this by summing all the instances of hemp (including hemp oil) and then subtracting all instances of hemp oil.

b. Overall profit numbers seem to be accurate for commods that are sold from your stall, despite the fact that inventory numbers will become wildly inaccurate the longer you are using this tool. It's obvious that I will need to add a way to subtract "consumed" goods from the total inventory, but I haven't figured out what the formula for that will even look like, let alone testing to see if the concept would work.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jul 5, 2006 9:38:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

As a curiosity on my part, a question for people that are currently using the tool: Assuming the shop log parser was 100% accurate, would you prefer:

A. An individual spreadsheet for each shop type that contained the relevant shop sheet, a log parser, and a profit report statement similar to the one in the newly released, beta parser; or

B. All the shops in one tool (as is the case currently) with a stand-alone parser for tracking profits in shops; or

C. All the shops and a parser for each in one single workbook, totalling somewhere around 30-35 sheets, including the Oceans/Title sheet and a file size upwards of 3.5 Megs.

To keep this thread less cluttered, please respond in a PM and I'll post the overall results in a week or so as an edit to this thread.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jul 5, 2006 9:47:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wheebiscuit

Furnisher Stall:

The Potted Palm and Vase with Plant entries do not allow for the selection of enamel. The recipies look ok, but the selection does not have the drop-down it should have to select the desired enamel.

Nitpick: Under Rent the stall is listed as "Apothecary Size" for the Furnisher stall / shoppe.

Wish list - a way to input bid tickets for the stall / shoppe and get the value of those to be included in the value of the inventory and profit lines.

- Aarghbird
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

[Jul 9, 2006 12:43:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

Aarghbird wrote: 
Furnisher Stall:

The Potted Palm and Vase with Plant entries do not allow for the selection of enamel. The recipies look ok, but the selection does not have the drop-down it should have to select the desired enamel.

Nitpick: Under Rent the stall is listed as "Apothecary Size" for the Furnisher stall / shoppe.

Done and done.

Version 4.52 is now posted.
YPPedia Entry
Changelog
Download Link

Aarghbird wrote: 
Wish list - a way to input bid tickets for the stall / shoppe and get the value of those to be included in the value of the inventory and profit lines.

I enter the bid tickets as stock, assuming they have already filled. So if I have 100 unit of wood in my stall, plus another 400 in a bid ticket, I enter 500, regardless of how many of the 400 in the bid ticket have been filled. This is a bit inaccurate, but close enough for what I've needed. Financial information like inventory and total profit will be moved to the Shop Log Parser in the not too-distant future. I haven't decided how to deal with bid tickets there, but I'll figure out a way for things to be more accurate over there.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jul 9, 2006 4:18:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Krais1

Ahoy mate, latest updates sound great and I'm looking forward to getting the linked feature running smoothly.
Unfortunatly an error is being reported currently:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /~jmc2000/shoptool/ShopTool4.52.zip on this server.
[Jul 10, 2006 3:17:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

On the furnisher sheet, the Harpsichord entry seems to be labelled 'Globe table'.
Cerulean & Meridian - Icemeister
Emerald & Obsidian - incognito!
#TeamPurple
[Jul 10, 2006 3:22:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Krais1

Again in the furniture stall, the receipe for fancy beds should use 2 white enamel, not 2 black enamel.
[Jul 10, 2006 6:42:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

Krais1 wrote: 
Ahoy mate, latest updates sound great and I'm looking forward to getting the linked feature running smoothly.
Unfortunatly an error is being reported currently:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /~jmc2000/shoptool/ShopTool4.52.zip on this server.

I just checked and the download link seems to be ok for me.

Sagacious wrote: 
On the furnisher sheet, the Harpsichord entry seems to be labelled 'Globe table'.

That got fixed in 4.52. Regardless:

Version 4.53 is now posted.
YPPedia Entry
Changelog
Download Link
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jul 10, 2006 10:11:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ozzyx

Hi my computer has Excell 2003.

i get the #value! error on taxes and adverticed price

how do i fix this?
You want poe? ill give you poe!
click here !-->http://www.comnet.ca/~forrest/raven.html
[Jul 10, 2006 10:16:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://spaces.msn.com/ozzyx/    Bunbury    ...    ... [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

Hi my computer has Excell 2003.

i get the #value! error on taxes and adverticed price

how do i fix this?

Check here for a possible solution. If that doesn't solve it, let me know.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jul 10, 2006 1:40:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Krais1

Sorry, I should have posted that the download problem I was having resolved itself.

The marble tables also use white enamel and not black in the furniture stall.

Rumble pits don't use 12 cubanite.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Krais1 at Jul 11, 2006 1:50:19 AM]
[Jul 11, 2006 1:28:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
annickdw

I have the same problem.

The fix you advised - that was not working. The tax-values are visible and correct. But the calculated sales tax per item gives a #value! error, also the adverticed price.

I used Shop Tool vs 4.53 - Excel 2003.

The matrix looks good (as far as I understand) - the formula ends at ;0) instead of ,0). The tax-values are visible in the N-colom.

How do I fix ?
known as Nikity at Sage Ocean
[Jul 11, 2006 12:17:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    annickdw [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

I have the same problem.

The fix you advised - that was not working. The tax-values are visible and correct. But the calculated sales tax per item gives a #value! error, also the adverticed price.

I used Shop Tool vs 4.53 - Excel 2003.

The matrix looks good (as far as I understand) - the formula ends at ;0) instead of ,0). The tax-values are visible in the N-colom.

How do I fix ?

Try replacing the ";0)" with ",0)" and see what happens. Also, try re-opening the file from the original zip and see if the problem is there when you first open the file or if it showed up after you started entering things.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jul 11, 2006 1:18:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ozzyx

tax-values are visible and correct
replacing the ";0)" with ",0)" end in an "error formula"
original zip file marks the same error
You want poe? ill give you poe!
click here !-->http://www.comnet.ca/~forrest/raven.html
[Jul 11, 2006 3:00:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://spaces.msn.com/ozzyx/    Bunbury    ...    ... [Link]  Go to top 
Draql

I got what is wrong. Its the points instead of commas. The only solution I found for now (and Im just only common Excel worker) is to manually change the tax values (every point with coma) after unhiding them or on ocean page and check from time to time in game or yppedia if the tax rates havent changed.
[Aug 19, 2006 1:35:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PaulaJean

I'm having trouble getting the Shop Tool to download...why :S I'm also not the only one who's having this problem.

Also if someone has the abilty to get this to me, i'd appreciate it as i had to reformat my comp and the formatting cleaned me out of some the best progs i had. -.-
Jeanie ~ Sage
Happily on Ypp Vacation

Proud of her lil band of darlings: Darkened Embers/Cielo Ardente.
Former ~ Princess of LoL, BoG, RoS. VF
Former Queen of Distant Shore Legacy (which is now merged)
[Sep 13, 2006 7:07:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

I'm having trouble getting the Shop Tool to download...

Very odd... The current version, 4.53, was up on that server very recently because I downloaded it myself on another machine... The only thing I can think happened is that some of the files went missing when Time Warner bought out Adelphia Cable. *shrug*

I won't be able to upload the current version until later this evening when I get home from the office and find the file. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Sep 13, 2006 8:07:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

I wrote: 
Very odd...

And the files are all back, with no intervention on my part. Perhaps it was all part of some server migration at Time Warner/Adelphia. Please post here if it vanishes again and I'll look for more reliable hosting. :)
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Edit 1 times, last edit by bel_pirates at Sep 13, 2006 5:22:57 PM]
[Sep 13, 2006 5:21:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snarrrf

Seems to be gone again.

Snarrf
[Sep 23, 2006 9:48:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

Seems to be gone again.

Snarrf

It's back again. /em adds calling Time Warner to his list of not fun things that need doing.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Sep 24, 2006 5:44:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wyldhawke

I noticed on the wiki page.. there's a reference to a "linked" tool, that isn't in the newest version. I downloaded the older version's linked tool, but I'm interested in seeing if i can get a copy of an UPDATED linked file... and wondered how to go about that. (Also curious as to why it was removed, seems like a good idea for people with more than one stall type on an island!)

Great tool by the way!!

Edit:: I figured out where the values came from and set the linked part myself =) so no worries, i got it!
~~ Rakkii ~~
Fleet Officer of Nagamar
[Edit 4 times, last edit by wyldhawke at Sep 28, 2006 10:04:56 PM]
[Sep 26, 2006 6:40:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://myspace.com/illusorythrall [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

It's back again. /em adds calling Time Warner to his list of not fun things that need doing.

Someone posted a few days ago that the file was unavailable, but they seem to have deleted their post. The link is now working again. Looks like I need a more reliable host than Adelphia/TimeWarner.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Nov 14, 2006 1:07:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ozzimendo

Ahoy Belgarion! The Shop Tool is really cool!

I have one iron monger and one tailor stall in Viridian ocean, I guess I am using the latest version (4.53) currently. As I am trying to fully utility the tool, I have some questions.....

It's about the 'Labor Used Calculation' section on the Tailor sheet, I was trying to input some data into the 'Extand Labor Calc' (columns R-W), but and then all the cost at column AD have been increased. let say I put 1 into T78, which is the 1st day of a basic labor, and them AD12 (the cost of 'Boots') will become 8XXX something from the original 4XX something.

I have no idea why that calculation will affect to my product cost........Is it normal or I did something wrong? And I can't see this will happen on the Iron Monger sheet. Please advise, thank ye!
Captain of Endless Waltz
@-'--;--"-----
King of Forever Tango
<::::::::::::::::::::|==0
Viridian
[Nov 17, 2006 5:53:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.freewebs.com/ewypp/ [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

Ahoy Belgarion! The Shop Tool is really cool!

I have one iron monger and one tailor stall in Viridian ocean, I guess I am using the latest version (4.53) currently. As I am trying to fully utility the tool, I have some questions.....

It's about the 'Labor Used Calculation' section on the Tailor sheet, I was trying to input some data into the 'Extand Labor Calc' (columns R-W), but and then all the cost at column AD have been increased. let say I put 1 into T78, which is the 1st day of a basic labor, and them AD12 (the cost of 'Boots') will become 8XXX something from the original 4XX something.

I have no idea why that calculation will affect to my product cost........Is it normal or I did something wrong? And I can't see this will happen on the Iron Monger sheet. Please advise, thank ye!

The Labor Used Calculator is used for determining a "rent overhead" cost for items. If there are numbers in the labor calculator AND the weekly rent area, the tool will try to calculate the cost of rent into items that you sell. Here's what it means to you:

Let's assume you run a small iron monger with a rent of 1000/week. The only thing you produce for the week is one order of small shot, using 3 hours of labor. To be truly profitable, you will have to sell that order of small shot for the cost of the materials + 1000 poe for rent. The more labor hours you use in a given week, the smaller this number gets for each item. For example, let's say you make 100 orders of shot during the week. Your labor used is now 300, and you only have to add 10 poe to each order of shot to cover your rent.

Hopefully this helps you understand why there is the huge price increase.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Nov 17, 2006 7:54:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
smellypooo

Hmm, on the wiki, it says:

First, download the tool from here.

But the link just takes me to the bottom of the page where I cannot see another link to download the tool.

Probably missing something blatent, if so, somebody point it out to me!

Thanks
[Dec 1, 2006 1:35:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 373   Pages: 13   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates