• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 373
Posts: 373   Pages: 13   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 93862 times and has 372 replies Next Thread
kusje

Re: The Shop Tool Reply to this Post

Yay for hunter.
----------------------------------------
Kneiss wrote: 
I have read so many philosophical books, i can't count. I have beaten my chesscomputer on the highest level several times. I have been classbest in math for several times.

[May 11, 2006 5:19:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
82Stang

Hi there! I just wanted to say that your Shop tool is priceless! I use it for my ironwork shop but the taxes always comes up #N/A and I have narrowed it down it this portion in the calculation

MMULT(AQ33:AS33,$N$41:$N$43)

I don't know much about programming in Excel so I can't figure it out myself.
[Jun 14, 2006 11:34:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
doormat2005

Note the date of the last post, mate. We don't want any undead-zombie-ghost-vampire threads running about.
Remalle
Viridian

Eurydice tells you, "syntax error...arrrrgjioapdugfo...*BOOM*"
Eurydice tells you, "*puff of smoke*"

Eurydice tells you, "greenie bakup progrm instaled: wat u say"
[Jun 14, 2006 9:15:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kusje

How would that be so? This is a thread devoted to "the shop tool". He had a question relating to the spreadsheet so he posted it here. Would you rather he created another thread?

Besides, if there were any updates to the program, the creator would post developments in this thread as well.
Kneiss wrote: 
I have read so many philosophical books, i can't count. I have beaten my chesscomputer on the highest level several times. I have been classbest in math for several times.

[Jun 14, 2006 10:55:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

To my knowledge, the Shoppe Tool is still actively maintained. Bel watches this thread.

Smythe,
with the second-hand knowledge

Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

[Jun 15, 2006 9:39:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
TheBeaver

Yea, I have to agree, this was a thread bumped for a good reason.
[Jun 15, 2006 9:41:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

82Stang wrote: 
Hi there! I just wanted to say that your Shop tool is priceless! I use it for my ironwork shop but the taxes always comes up #N/A and I have narrowed it down it this portion in the calculation

MMULT(AQ33:AS33,$N$41:$N$43)

I don't know much about programming in Excel so I can't figure it out myself.

Highlight columns M:O, right click the column header and choose "Unhide." This will show the tax data as the shop tool sees it. Make sure there is a tax value for labor. It should be 3/4/5 for basic/skilled/expert. If it says N/A, there is most likely a problem with your ocean's tax sheet.

To fix this, go to your ocean sheet (ie, Midnight) and make sure all of the data is in one table with the commodities in column A and tax values in column B. Sometimes (I can't figure out why) the labor portion of the tax values will load in columns C/D or D/E. If this is the case, do the following:

1. Select Cell A1
2. Click Data/Import External Data/Edit Query
3. Unselect any tables that are selected
4. Click the arrow left of Commodity
5. Click the arrow left of Labor Type
6. Click Import

The tax data should all be listed in 1 table now in columns A/B. Let me know if this fixed the problem.

EDIT: To hide your tax values again, select column N, right-click the column header and choose hide.

atteSmythe wrote: 
To my knowledge, the Shoppe Tool is still actively maintained. Bel watches this thread.

Yes, this thread is on my watch list. To re-iterate, problems with the tool should be posted here, not in a new thread as I don't read all of Tips and Tricks to catch other threads that appear. This thread is also bumped by myself when a new version is available on the Wiki.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Edit 1 times, last edit by bel_pirates at Jun 15, 2006 12:42:48 PM]
[Jun 15, 2006 12:38:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hondamugen20

As I'm sure you know; with the addition of clothing items in the latest patch, this tool needs an update as well.

I tried - but failed.

I'm doing the legwork now bumping columns and adding the new items for the tailor. As far as the functions go, copying and pasting should have worked (cell per cell) but there is an error.

The excel program is anticipating the new cell locations for the recipes (auto changing ...(IF(AB80>AD80,... to ...(IF(AB81>AD81,... and so on.

Also. I am puttin the new Items in the same order in the PRICES TABLE as the RECIPE TABLE so that the copy paste functionality is indexing the correct information; only the box is displaying "#VALUE!".

Update - Other than the formulas, the Tailor portion of the spreadsheet is finished. I have placed all of the new items as well as the recipe items needed to create them. All that is left is for someone to make the FUNCTIONS work again.

Also the following message is coming up:

"Unable to open http://(ocean).puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/econ/taxrates.wm. Cannot locate the Internet server or proxy server."

Also
Selecting Black or Fine Black modifiers increases the Doubloon Delivery Cost. Has it always been this way?

If you want, Bel, you can get this version from me and correctly
add just the functions. PM me about it.
Haywoodx
No Crew
No Flag
No Title
No Money
[Edit 2 times, last edit by hondamugen20 at Jun 21, 2006 3:49:06 PM]
[Jun 21, 2006 12:04:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

As I'm sure you know; with the addition of clothing items in the latest patch, this tool needs an update as well.

I appreciate the offer of help, but it's easier for me to just add the stuff in myself from the copy I have because other changes are constantly being made and I wait for a better reason to release a new version than "oh, I added this small thing." I've got it down where adding stuff isn't too much work for me.

Also the following message is coming up:

"Unable to open http://(ocean).puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/econ/taxrates.wm. Cannot locate the Internet server or proxy server."

The servers were down earlier. If you tried updating tax values while they were down, you would probably get this message.

Selecting Black or Fine Black modifiers increases the Doubloon Delivery Cost. Has it always been this way?

I'm not sure what you mean. Any time you change the cloth color, the "Cost w/ Doubloon Delivery" column changes because the tax value for the item changes. For black, the change is a little more noticable as the tax value is generally much higher than most other colors.

I hope to have the new version out on Monday as that's my day off.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jun 21, 2006 4:48:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

bel_pirates wrote: 
hondamugen20 wrote: 

I'm not sure what you mean. Any time you change the cloth color, the "Cost w/ Doubloon Delivery" column changes because the tax value for the item changes. For black, the change is a little more noticable as the tax value is generally much higher than most other colors.

There's the added sales tax cost as well as the premium Doubloon micropayment charge for using black or purple cloth. I'll be updating this table when I can.

EDIT: Table has been updated.

Faulkston,
:-)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Faulkston at Jun 21, 2006 8:10:41 PM]
[Jun 21, 2006 6:31:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

Faulkston wrote: 
bel_pirates wrote: 
hondamugen20 wrote: 

There's the added sales tax cost as well as the premium Doubloon micropayment charge for using black or purple cloth. I'll be updating this table when I can.

EDIT: Table has been updated.

Faulkston,

Has this always been the case for purple/black clothing that the doubloon delivery fee is higher because it uses those colors? If not, when did that happen? I must confess, having never run a tailor on doubloon oceans, I wouldn't have known this was the case at all.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jun 22, 2006 8:45:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

As long as you are updating this, can you please add in four extra "blank" columns per commodity per shop? Allow us to label these anything we want, and store anything we want in them, just as a way to record information for the shop.
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Jun 22, 2006 9:49:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

bel_pirates wrote: 
Has this always been the case for purple/black clothing that the doubloon delivery fee is higher because it uses those colors? If not, when did that happen? I must confess, having never run a tailor on doubloon oceans, I wouldn't have known this was the case at all.

I'm not sure when the higher doubloon delivery fee for black and purple cloth was introduced but the fee schedule was first examined around March 2005.

Faulkston,
[Jun 22, 2006 10:12:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
hondamugen20

As long as you are updating this, can you please add in four extra "blank" columns per commodity per shop? Allow us to label these anything we want, and store anything we want in them, just as a way to record information for the shop.

Since I am not familiar with Excel or the functions Bel used to derive the correct pricing all of the fields are now booched in my TEST version. I can manipulate tha tables and simple data (which is all I offered to do for Bel to speed up his update) so adding extra blank slots wouldn't accomplish much in my version.
I would also like to note that I will NOT take Bels work and modify it for release to the public; even if I did take the time to figure out how to get it to post anythin other than "#VALUE!"
Haywoodx
No Crew
No Flag
No Title
No Money
[Jun 23, 2006 7:21:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

I'm not sure what you're meaning here... You want four blank columns next to each commodity in the pricing section? It would be helpful if you edited a copy of the tool and made the changes you speak of and sent it to me so I can see what you mean.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jun 24, 2006 11:52:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hondamugen20

I think what they mean is extra places to list commodities they may trade outside of the tailorshops marketable scope.

A person owning a tailor may like to deal in paint and use their respective tailor page to track profits. Even though paint cannot be listed on the market from the tailor stall like its relevant counterparts (mainly coth); using the spreadsheet might help tracking profits made from dealing in such goods.

On a side note, I separate all moneys; business from personal. If I used capital from my stall to deal in goods not specifically associated with my stall, I would still credit the stall for making the profit.

Also, I have worked the shop tool's TAILOR page to accept the new items and commods (enamel) as well as all of the functions needed to properly caculate the respective fields values, but I haven't figured out a way to accomodate the "micropayment" of extra DUBS for selecting Purple or Black as clothing modifiers.

I will still continue to work on my version for personal use whilst awaiting for the next release from Bel. At that time I will use the better of the two.
Haywoodx
No Crew
No Flag
No Title
No Money
[Jun 24, 2006 5:32:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

I'm not sure what you're meaning here... You want four blank columns next to each commodity in the pricing section? It would be helpful if you edited a copy of the tool and made the changes you speak of and sent it to me so I can see what you mean.

As in, (opening in Open Office), next to "Buy", "Charge", and "Stock" fields for each commodity, add in 4 note columns.

Why 4? Well, if someone wants to track highest and lowest buy and sell prices for each commodity, this is what it takes.

Similarly, for dockside sells (balls/rum/cloth/enamels -- the "output" stuff), the same thing -- 4 additional columns.

Maybe I'm strange, but I consider dockside trading to be as significant and important as manufacturing for my stalls. Heck, I'd like to see the output pricing in the same area as the input pricing, but that would make the sheets very verticle instead of "squarish", and probably wouldn't be how most people look at things.

While I can think of tracking dockside info, someone else might want to track something else -- maybe historical price per purchase? I don't know.

Dylan wrote: 

[Jun 25, 2006 8:25:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

I opened a copy of the tool in OOo 2.0 and tried fixing the tailor sheet also. I got it to work with the following:

1. Delete Warbrig sheet.
2. Select all cells on Tailor sheet
3. Format/Cells/Cell Protection
4. Turn off all check boxes in that dialog
5. Find/Replace ! with .
6. Replace All and it worked.

I didn't have time to test the other sheets this way, but give that a try and see if it doesn't solve the problem for you.

I just tried this with 4.41, OO 2.0.

This solves the Err:502 found on most sheets, but I still get #VALUE! on weaver, tailor, and realtor.

Dylan wrote: 

[Jun 25, 2006 8:51:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
hondamugen20

I never got that Error. I discovered that when I added feilds for the new items in the recipe there was no value in the box resulting in the #value! error in MOST of the equations. After I went back and added the 0 (which looks the same as an empty field), all of my formulas are workin properly. I still have yet to workaround the different costs of Dub Delivery based ont eh purple and/or black modifiers.
Haywoodx
No Crew
No Flag
No Title
No Money
[Jun 25, 2006 9:02:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hondamugen20

The Newest Shop Tool Edition is availible for downlaod.

http://haddixpointhideaway.com/ShopTool4.41-B.zip Current Version 4.41-B

This is a modified version to include the new tailor commodities, finished goods, and their respective recipes.

As with the previous version (4.41) there is no accomodation for the additional Doubloon Charge associated with Black or Purple Cloth.
Haywoodx
No Crew
No Flag
No Title
No Money
[Jun 28, 2006 10:04:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

hondamugen20 wrote: 

This is not an official release and should not be construed as such. I cannot vouch for the safety of the macros in this copy.

As is standard practice, a new version will be available from the Wiki and mentioned here by me when it's finished. I had hoped to have it out by now, but real life has taken precedence as it should. Hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll have the update out.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jun 29, 2006 7:12:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ajmarco

hondamugen20 wrote: 
I would also like to note that I will NOT take Bels work and modify it for release to the public; even if I did take the time to figure out how to get it to post anythin other than "#VALUE!"

hondamugen20 wrote: 

http://haddixpointhideaway.com/ShopTool4.41-B.zip Current Version 4.41-B

Umm...

It is nice if you want to update or change your personal version. But Bel is nice enough to create this Tool for public use on his own time at no charge.

While I currently don't run shoppes, when I did I wish I had access to this It would have made things a lot easier.

Doing what you do while I'm sure is good intentioned is what causes people to stop supporting the community with these great tools.
-Spotty
Captain - Hell Hath No Fury
Prince of Riot

[Jun 29, 2006 7:52:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hondamugen20

Bel,

We cannot vouch for the safety of your spreadsheet either.

It is evident you have no desire to accept that someone else contributed. Run it. Check it. Double check it. It is nothing more than your 4.41 copy with the added tailor items.

Tell me you don't like my Sloop, tell me you don't like my Feathered Hat, but don't tell me the modifications I made weren't true to your form and contributed specifically to assist YOU and the community.

One day you will not play anymore....it could have been yesterday for all the "community" knows. I'm sure that when you move on to other avenues in your life you will no longe support the ShopTool.

In respect to releasing my own version, I felt obligated to retract that statement on the grounds that I didn't butcher the thing. I made as few changes as possible and still maintain the ability to perform its original purpose while accomodating the release of new information.
Haywoodx
No Crew
No Flag
No Title
No Money
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hondamugen20 at Jun 29, 2006 12:58:08 PM]
[Jun 29, 2006 12:49:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
padore

Bel,

We cannot vouch for the safety of your spreadsheet either.

It is evident you have no desire to accept that someone else contributed. Run it. Check it. Double check it. It is nothing more than your 4.41 copy with the added tailor items.

Tell me you don't like my Sloop, tell me you don't like my Feathered Hat, but don't tell me the modifications I made weren't true to your form and contributed specifically to assist YOU and the community.

I am just trying to figure out where you get off for having a go becuse hes asked not to have your "help". Its his work with his friends that has made this remarkable tool for the community at large to use. He has the right to say stop and leave it alone. Just becuse you think that your Ideas are good dosn't make them right. So do as asked and leave it alone.
Padore
Nemesis "Oh dear Zeus!" "Next time you ask me if I want to hear something, I'm saying no."
Nemesis "And if I don't, remind me to say no."
Padore " Awwww"
[Jun 29, 2006 12:55:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hondamugen20

I am just trying to figure out where you get off for having a go becuse hes asked not to have your "help". Its his work with his friends that has made this remarkable tool for the community at large to use. He has the right to say stop and leave it alone. Just becuse you think that your Ideas are good dosn't make them right. So do as asked and leave it alone.

Welcome to open source my friend.
Haywoodx
No Crew
No Flag
No Title
No Money
[Jun 29, 2006 1:01:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chavez67

Welcome to common courtesy, my friend. It works miracles.

I did it.
clarify
It was me.

[Jun 29, 2006 1:16:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hondamugen20

Welcome to common courtesy, my friend. It works miracles.

Ahh. You are correct. I was cold shouldered from the start, hence why I don;t really care anymore about who makes what. I know that the community has asked for the updated tool and Bel can attest (although he probably won't concede) that it is worthy.

I, not the community at large wants to wait on real life but I messaged him about it and he still hasn't bothered to recongnize such an effort to communicate so the Shop Tool marches on with or without him. If he wants a singletary working program for shop orginization then I suggest he moves to closed source.

The Shop Tool will be maintained if not by Bel..then someone will take it over. Sure it wasn't the best approach to let him know I had his back and I wouldn't disgrace his product; or booch it. He blatantly refused to even peruse it.

So be it.

I am now offering to personalize it for anyones specific needs, just contact me for your requests.

Remember Bel, you could have had it the other way. I will state that it is not recognition I was after, hell I'd take it and put "MADE BY BELGARION" all over the damn thing.

http://haddixpointhideaway.com/ShopTool4.41-B.zip Current Unofficial Version 4.41-B MADE BY BELGARION (modified by if I could put anonymous I would)
Haywoodx
No Crew
No Flag
No Title
No Money
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hondamugen20 at Jun 29, 2006 1:53:12 PM]
[Jun 29, 2006 1:50:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

Mate, two points: It's not open source, and even if it was, you're not the maintainer. It's like I downloaded linux, made a change, and then posted a note that I'm releasing "The next version of linux." I don't have the authority to make that claim.

Belgarion is widely associated with The Shoppe Tool, and is right to point out that he hasn't had a chance to even look at your changes yet. In fact, because it's not a simple text file, in order to verify that nothing else changed, he'd have to look at every macro and every function in every cell to determine if there was a difference.

If your original offer was, "I added the formulas, here they are: A7=Blah, B7=Blah, and if anyone wants an updated copy until the next 'official' version, just PM me" I doubt anyone would have said a thing.

Smythe,
shrugging

Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

[Jun 29, 2006 3:06:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

The reason people are upset is because of how you've gone about doing this... saying one thing and then doing completely another, releasing a marginally-modified version of something as some sort of official release when it quite plainly wasn't, and when called on it, acting like it was absolutely 400% vital that the change got made, the community was clamouring for it and banging a the gates and that you, as hero, delivered where all others had failed.

Like atte said... if you had just said "I've made some changes, here they are, use 'em if you like 'em and good luck in future", nobody would have touched you.
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[Jun 29, 2006 3:44:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

Version 4.5 is now available. The YPPedia entry for the Shop Tool has all the details about using the tool. Click here to download Version 4.5. See the changelog for more details about what exactly was changed.

Be sure to read the information about the linked version of the tool in the YPPedia entry linked above. I'm especially interested in feedback from people who actually run enought stalls on an island to find this useful. Obviously, it's not always cheapest to make stuff yourself. Any insights you can provide to make a linked version better, please let me know by posting here.

Along with the new version, I also included some copies of spreadsheets that I've been working on for other purposes. The one name Investment Tracker allows you to see how much poe you are making on different investments. Some details about it:

1. Names of items must match the name listed on the report page for the calculations to work. For the most part, everything uses it's full in-game name. Regular cloth is listed simply as a color (ie, "Green" means Green Cloth). Fine cloth is listed as "Fine Color."
2. The cost should be listed as the per unit cost, not the order cost.
3. The sell fields (grey) are used when you get rid of an item. In this version, you should fill out the sell price/quantity for an item until the remaining inventory for that item is gone.
4. When inventory runs out, some of the cells should turn blue as a visible cue that it's empty.
5. The Wage Tracker portion has comments in it to help you with filling it out. It's pretty self-explanatory. Enter the amount of poe you make each day of the month from labor. There's a "bonus income" cell at the end of the row for income earned past the 30 day life of the badge.
6. The report sheet will show you how well you are doing on your investments and how much poe you currently have invested based on your purchase prices.
7. I'm reasonably confident that this tool is accurate for tracking your investments, unlike the Shop Records Parser below. I've been using this for upwards of 6 months now. The Parser is an attempt to take this file and add in the shop logs as a way of collecting data.

The other bonus file is the Shop Records Parser. You can paste your logs into the sheet marked "Shop Log" and some interesting data will appear on the report sheet at the front. Details:

1. In order to get anything useful from it, however, you'll need to copy the formula in Column D all the way down to the end of your records.
2. Consumables will always have strange numbers if you actually make products at your shop instead of using it simply as a trading post. Eventually, the parser might try to figure out when you place and order and subtract that the consumed goods from your inventory and add the cost of those goods into the income line equal to your average cost for the goods, but that's a long way off at this time.
3. The manual entry area works similar to the Investment Tracker, but instead of keeping purchases and sales on one line, you can now input those numbers on different lines. Always fill in the name and quantity columns, but only enter a number in either the buy or sell column, not both. Strange things may (or may not) happen if you enter data in both.
4. Be careful not to double-enter things in the sheet. The shop logs are great for recording the sale of finished goods, but not great for placing/delivering orders. I use the manual section to record orders I place in my shop or from others' shops and let the parser record the dock-side sales.
5. Use this at your own risk. There are undoubtedly lots of bugs I haven't discovered yet as it relates to accuracy of data. I've only started working on this and using it myself. Normally, I wouldn't bother releasing it yet, but there may be an interest in it, even if it's not in a complete form yet.

As always, questions/comments can be posted here. Bugs should be posted here as well for fixing.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jul 1, 2006 12:30:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 373   Pages: 13   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates