• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 373
Posts: 373   Pages: 13   [ First Page | Previous Page | 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 96612 times and has 372 replies Next Thread
Megami1

Re: The Shop Tool Reply to this Post

Ahoy!

There seems to be a problem with the Iron Monger tab. Charged prices for swords are calculated from the Sell price for the Enamels instead of the Charged price. The Minerals and labour seems ok though.

I checked the Apothecary to be sure everything was allright with the Sell price and it is.

I didn't check the other tabs.

Thanks

I have a feeling I know where this particular bug is coming from. Since i added a few columns in the commod pricing section it may be trying to pull from the old column. I'll check it out and see what i can figure out.

I'll look into the labor calculators as well. Any other sheets having all these same problems?
----------------------------------------
Megami,
Retired
Lotsofgoats wrote: 
Megami has proposed a muffin. If you propose a waffle in return, ye will be breakfast buddies!

Intner wrote: 
Go fly a malakite!

[Aug 5, 2008 4:52:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Biliter01

The rack pricer is still bugged. Spitting out numbers for female items without accounting for Dubs I imagine. I fiddled with it but that whole mess just gives me a headache.
Haywoodx on Viridian and Hunter

No Crew
No Flag
No Money
:P

The Shop Tool
[Aug 5, 2008 8:39:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dolann

The Apoth Tab looks fine to me.

Dolann on Viridian Ocean
[Aug 6, 2008 3:53:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
annebunny

The row of figures for sails in the weavery doesn't seem to be right to me. The cost of the order agrees with my stall, but the cost per unit does not. The number in that column doesn't even make sense (to me) even when I take into account that an order of sails is 50 units, not 10.

I have never "kicked tires" on software before. This is cool, I'm paying attention to things that I never did before.

I envy you your programmin' skill.

Keep up the awesome work!

Orrorin, Blackwolf Marauders, Midnight.
Orrorin
SO, Blackwolf Marauders

[Aug 6, 2008 1:25:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Megami1

Adding all this to my to do list for this weekend.

Rack Pricer on female clothing...

Cost per unit on the sail cloth in the weavery

As well as the things previously mention above.

I'll try to get these things fixed and push an updated beta version by Sunday. Please don't stone me if I don't get it all fixed by then. I've been working 12 hours a day all week.

Bring on any more bugs you find. I want to get them squashed as quickly as possible.
Megami,
Retired
Lotsofgoats wrote: 
Megami has proposed a muffin. If you propose a waffle in return, ye will be breakfast buddies!

Intner wrote: 
Go fly a malakite!

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Megami1 at Aug 6, 2008 6:08:02 PM]
[Aug 6, 2008 5:59:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
annebunny

I took another look at the row on sails. The cost per unit formula is ok, all you need to do is fix the size of the order.

One order of sails produces 50 sails (all other orders in the weavery produce 10 units of cloth).

I haven't found anything else that hasn't already been found by someone else.

Cheers,
Orrorin
Orrorin
SO, Blackwolf Marauders

[Aug 7, 2008 3:08:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Megami1

I was told there was a problem with grey cloth as well on the weavery. Can someone confirm this please?
Megami,
Retired
Lotsofgoats wrote: 

Intner wrote: 
Go fly a malakite!

[Aug 8, 2008 5:37:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
magpies2

*blush* sorry about the confusion, Meg. There is a wrong reference on the commodities page for grey _paint_ it takes from same cell as black paint. which propagates to the stalls that use paint.
Gimladris

SO of All for the Rum
Hunter Ocean

Eurydice receives Petition: "Im not complaining Im just worried why a 34 year old is playing the game it worries me just a tiny bit plz look into it"
[Aug 9, 2008 1:59:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Reluctant

Could anyone show me a screenshot of their tax sheet, as I think this could be causing me some problems. Manual tax inputs seemed to remedy my #N/A problems.

Maybe you'll see me around on Sage. Probably not.
Amg, Lockerz invites available. Send me a message.
[Aug 9, 2008 12:23:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://Tout-Efusjon.info    Larry Bunsold 25 [Link]  Go to top 
Megami1

Zyxt - are you in the UK by chance? There is a thing with european Excel where it converts the data pulled from the server on the tax pages and tries to read it as dates rather than a simple number format by default. I have a fix for that though...just send me a PM.
Megami,
Retired
Lotsofgoats wrote: 

Intner wrote: 
Go fly a malakite!

[Aug 10, 2008 9:10:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Siggy

I took another look at the row on sails. The cost per unit formula is ok, all you need to do is fix the size of the order.

One order of sails produces 50 sails (all other orders in the weavery produce 10 units of cloth).

I haven't found anything else that hasn't already been found by someone else.

Cheers,
Orrorin

I'm confirming this and was fixed easily by changing the 10 to a 50 for order size.
Sig

Owner: Sig Supply Network

What happens when you beat whiny sword fighters with overpowered trash swords...

Imcolorblind auto-responds, "sig hacks sf :) try and see".

[Aug 12, 2008 10:25:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JPINFV [Link]  Go to top 
Megami1

Alright, I've found and squashed the following bugs:

The grey paint on the commodities tab now pulls the right price.
Sail cloth calculations are fixed.
Bludgeons and Swords charged prices formula are now fixed.

I'm still working on the labor calculators and the rack.

I'm not gonna upload this until I have those other two bugs squashed so that you guys don't have to download it twice.

Has anyone found any other bugs that I need to look at?

Hibiskus...if you could get me those german translations this weekend I can get them put into this bug fix release.
Megami,
Retired
Lotsofgoats wrote: 

Intner wrote: 
Go fly a malakite!

[Aug 16, 2008 12:58:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Megami1

Still working on the Rack pricer for the female clothing to fix it.

Apparently I need to change gold ore into nuggets now and adjust every recipe that took gold now too.

/e grumbles about updates and goes back to work.
Megami,
Retired
Lotsofgoats wrote: 

Intner wrote: 
Go fly a malakite!

[Aug 27, 2008 5:42:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wlmay2

I have noticed that, since the new update, my tax rates are all "N/A" in them. This, of course, is flowing all throughout the sheet in the product costs from the Apoth, Weavery, IM, ect.

Is there a quick fix or have I done something wrong? I haven't made any changes to any cells with formulas.
[Aug 28, 2008 6:02:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shelli1974

I too am having the same issue, everything was fine till the latest reboot, now there is #N/A. The only thing other then the reboot that was done differently was there was a Java update and I accidently installed OpenOffice, I tried removing that because I have excel but the problem is still there.I've even tried re-downloading the Shop Tool and it still did not fix the problem.
Shellim
[Aug 28, 2008 10:16:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Kellarissa [Link]  Go to top 
Megami1

I suspect it's more to do with the fact that the tax tables (server side) changed with the update. i'll have to go and look at it. since they changed gold ore to gold nuggets, there's no telling what other tweaks they could have made to it. I will investigate.
Megami,
Retired
Lotsofgoats wrote: 

Intner wrote: 
Go fly a malakite!

[Aug 28, 2008 6:33:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wlmay2

Megami - You are a saint. A saint I tell ye.
[Aug 29, 2008 6:10:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Siggy

It looks like there were 2 major changes. The first was the gold ore->gold nugget. The other was that they changed the name of labor somehow (I don't know enough about excel to decode the search pattern in the box). Unfortunately, any "N/As" scupper the rest of the formulas. So, a N/A in gold ore will mess with all tax columns, even if the stall/shoppe doesn't use gold ore.

Quick fix:

1. Highlight columns O and P.
2. Right click, unhide (you should now have a box for taxes).
3. "Gold ore" and each of the labor boxes should now show N/As instead of numbers. Put the appropriate values in for those 4 boxes.

3A. As an alternate for gold, go to the page for your ocean and change "Gold nuggets" to "Gold ore."
Sig

What happens when you beat whiny sword fighters with overpowered trash swords...

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Siggy at Aug 29, 2008 7:04:45 PM]
[Aug 29, 2008 7:01:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JPINFV [Link]  Go to top 
Shelli1974

Thanks!! Changing that to Gold Ore fixed it all !!!!
Shellim
[Sep 2, 2008 11:00:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Kellarissa [Link]  Go to top 
Megami1

Once i change all the Gold Ore to Gold Nuggets on the shoppe pages that should fix everything.

Sorry it's taking me so long but i'm having troubles with the Rack Pricer for the female clothing bug. That Rack Pricer is a beast and there are so many formula to sort through to find the bug.

Working 12 hours a day isn't helping either. I promise to have at least the gold situation fixed with an update for everyone this weekend.
Megami,
Retired
Lotsofgoats wrote: 

Intner wrote: 
Go fly a malakite!

[Sep 2, 2008 6:05:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Siggy

What ever problem I was having with my labor tax rates is gone now... The only change I have to make is the ore->nuggets to return to full operation.
Sig

[Sep 3, 2008 5:46:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JPINFV [Link]  Go to top 
dongerf

I have noticed one other error. In the financial records the totals in the top box for each investor does not begin it query on the same row as the data starts below it. The first entry you can make is on row 24 but the query does not being until row 25.

And omg I still need to get that email sent out to you....mental note to not forget to do that! LOL
Barnaclebess on Hunter:
Captain of Domination or Damnation
Queen of Wave of Destruction

On all dub oceans

[Sep 4, 2008 10:26:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Megami1

I've fixed the gold ore/nuggets situation. Labor calculators on the apoth and the shipyard are also fixed. And the financial records are fixed as well. All this is still in my master copy right now. I'm still fiddling with the rack pricer this afternoon. I've about got it licked but i'm still hesitant about releasing it till i know for sure.

Any other bugs that anyone can find before i put this up as a new release?

Also, do we have any Japanese translators in the house? The next ocean is going to be Japanese so i'm wanting to get a jump on translating the shop tool into japanese.

Speaking of which, I'm still waiting on my German translator (hint hint, nudge nudge Hibiskus) to finish off the last few German translations for this release.
Megami,
Retired
Lotsofgoats wrote: 

Intner wrote: 
Go fly a malakite!

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Megami1 at Sep 6, 2008 12:11:59 PM]
[Sep 6, 2008 12:11:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gunnermooch

Also, do we have any Japanese translators in the house? The next ocean is going to be Japanese so i'm wanting to get a jump on translating the shop tool into japanese.

Good luck with that, the Japanese ocean is already out. Link
Dalnoth wrote: He was going on an on about some Cybersex with a 13 year old accusation, however I immediately dismissed the claim based on the fact that slimbottom can't even type one whole sentence coherently let alone have cybersex.
[Sep 6, 2008 12:21:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Megami1

Good luck with that, the Japanese ocean is already out. Link

Lovely, apparently I missed the announcement of the actual release.
*sigh*

Either way, the latest version with all the bug fixes (yes even the rack pricer - I fixed it WOOT!) is now up and ready for download. If you already have version 6.0 or later, your shop tool should alert you to the new version with a message on most of the pages (provided you have automatic refresh turned on). You can just click that message and it will take you directly to the website to download the new one.

Keep me posted if you run across any buggies that need squashing.
Megami,
Retired
Lotsofgoats wrote: 

Intner wrote: 
Go fly a malakite!

[Sep 6, 2008 2:19:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ysanne007

Ok so I've been away for a few months (again *sigh*) and I'm planning on getting back to the stall running business. I'm very happy to see that the Shop Tool is being updated again!

However I have a problem, and I don't seem to be the only one, but reading this thread didn't really help me find the fix. I downloaded the shop tool 7.1 beta, but the tax tabs display dates instead of actual value, except for a few commods here and there. I'm using the french version of OpenOffice 2.4.1
Neerie of the Hunter Ocean
Formerly known as Reenie and Maeve on Viridian.
[Sep 22, 2008 8:50:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Megami1

Ok since so many people have this problem and I've tried numerous times to adjust it so that the default doesn't let this happen and it's apparently not working I'll give you the fix here.

The problem stems from different versions of Excel or in this case Open Office (specifically non US versions) import data using certain delimiters in date recognition format. Stopping this from happening is actually quite simple, you just need to know where to look.

1.) Go to the affected ocean's tax page.
2.) Select Data from the menu bar across the top
3.) From the drop down menu select Import External Data
4.) From the expanded menu select Edit Query
5.) This will pop up an Edit Web Query screen which you will notice is the tax page from the YPP server. On the right hand side at the top of this window you will see OPTIONS. Click on that.
6.) This will bring up your options window. Find the Disable Date Recognition option under Other Import Settings at the bottom of the window and make sure that box is checked.
7.) Select OK
8.) Now back at the Edit Query window click on the IMPORT button.

Also be sure to have your auto refresh enabled so that it will update your tax tables for you automatically and also will tell you if there is a new version available for download.

Hope this helps.
Megami,
Retired
Lotsofgoats wrote: 

Intner wrote: 
Go fly a malakite!

[Sep 22, 2008 6:39:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ysanne007

I wish it was that easy in Open Office. I just can't find anywhere where I can turn off any sort of date recognition. I'm looking into this and will post something if I find anything about the matter.

Edit: I have managed to change the language of the document so that it recognizes the period (.) as a decimal separator (the french default is a coma (,) ).

Now my tax tabs do show numbers, yay! However, I still have an error (502: invalid argument) on my spreadsheet and I am not sure what might be the cause of it. I have noticed that whatever tax number that has a value of 0 after the decimal point (eg. 1.0, 23.0) only show as non-decimal numbers (eg. 1, 23). I have tried to manually format the cells so that all numbers in the tax sheet would show one decimal after the separator, but that didn't fix it.

Macros are enabled, tax data is updated every time I open the spreadsheet. Help?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by ysanne007 at Sep 23, 2008 1:24:07 PM]
[Sep 23, 2008 9:59:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Megami1

OK for Open Office your 502 error comes from cell referenences that point to other sheets. From the YPPedia Shop Tool instructions page:

Working with Open Office

Because of differences in how OOo and Excel handle data linked on different sheets you have to change all "!" (exclamation points) into "." (periods) on each sheet or many fields will be filled with "Err:502" and certain functions will not work correctly. Simply go to Edit > Find & Replace (or hit Ctrl+F) and enter "!" (without quotes) into the "Search for" field and "." (without quotes) in the "Replace with" field and hit Replace All. You will need to do this on each sheet you want to use. After doing this the tool should work as expected. [1]

Hope that fixes your problem.
Megami,
Retired
Lotsofgoats wrote: 

Intner wrote: 
Go fly a malakite!

[Sep 23, 2008 5:02:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ysanne007

Ohhh thank you thank you! It works now :D
[Sep 23, 2008 5:55:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 373   Pages: 13   [ First Page | Previous Page | 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates