• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 373
Posts: 373   Pages: 13   [ First Page | Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 91713 times and has 372 replies Next Thread
Davesmason

Re: The Shop Tool Reply to this Post

Mmmm... I've taken a look at it... trying to get data for an Ironmonger sorted... but in the places for putting how much you buy enamel for... I have to go and edit the apothecary sheet? I don't own an apothecary... Can that formula be deleted to just put a number?
[Sep 15, 2007 1:50:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scrappyilse

Mmmm... I've taken a look at it... trying to get data for an Ironmonger sorted... but in the places for putting how much you buy enamel for... I have to go and edit the apothecary sheet? I don't own an apothecary... Can that formula be deleted to just put a number?

To keep the formula's intact, I indeed entered the prices in the apo sheet. That's no problem.
----------------------------------------
~regards, Ilse~
Aye, me pirate's life is wonderful!
Obsidian Ocean:
Scrapper
[Sep 15, 2007 2:30:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ilsemul.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

Overwriting the formulas for enamel cost on the monger sheet will not break anything, it will simply disable the default linked mode of the spreadsheet.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Sep 15, 2007 6:34:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bubblez86

I was just woundering if you had a walk through of how to use the shop tool <.<; I plan on opening a tailoring stall soon and cant seem to get the hang of the shop tool yet T.T thnx :)
~~*~~Dragonsangel~~*~~

Seamyst tells ye, "wake up and go to sleep rofl."

[Sep 21, 2007 1:51:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.myspace.com/bubblez86    dragonsangel01    babybubblez1986 [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

I was just woundering if you had a walk through of how to use the shop tool <.<; I plan on opening a tailoring stall soon and cant seem to get the hang of the shop tool yet T.T thnx :)

The wiki has all the information available about how to use the shop tool. See http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/The_Shop_Tool for the entry.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Sep 21, 2007 8:48:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scrappyilse

Including the long ship? Reply to this Post

Hey,

Is the new ship (Longship) gonna be included int he next update?
~regards, Ilse~
Obsidian Ocean:
Scrapper
[Nov 10, 2007 7:20:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ilsemul.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

Re: Including the long ship? Reply to this Post

Hey,

Is the new ship (Longship) gonna be included int he next update?

Probably, assuming there is a "next" update. I don't have a lot of development time for this anymore. I haven't logged into the game in a long time because of the same lack of time. Others are certainly welcome to continue development of the tool.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Nov 10, 2007 8:32:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rwdw1987

I've noticed when trying to use the sheet to price out racked items at the tailor that the price for male and female items with the same formula is different. That being said, I can't tell where the problem comes into play in terms of the formula. Has anyone else noticed this?
Phin
Former King of Carpe Noctem
Normally drunk but playing anyway
Will Moo for poe.
================================
Reenie says, "And please stop thinking new players are a bunch of supid people."
Sometimes ye just need to say Moo
[Nov 12, 2007 3:08:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    phinthepirate [Link]  Go to top 
rwdw1987

I figured out the data with the tailor information. It was set to only pick up the male tax data.
Phin
Former King of Carpe Noctem
Normally drunk but playing anyway
Will Moo for poe.
================================
Reenie says, "And please stop thinking new players are a bunch of supid people."
Sometimes ye just need to say Moo
[Nov 19, 2007 5:13:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    phinthepirate [Link]  Go to top 
YellowStef

OpenOffice Reply to this Post

I have OpenOffice and a few things are not working:
- taxes doesn't update correctly. Some are update but other are displayed as date (e.g. Viridian sheet, iron 01/01/00. If i change display type to number, I get 36526)
- column N is not working because !$A$1 is not a valid syntax in OpenOffice

So:
- any idea for the taxes
- is there a specific version for OpenOffice?

Thanks
Damned on Viridian
Take a job at Regnum Rum on Terra
#1 distiller (at least for 1 day)
#1 bilger
[Dec 21, 2007 6:40:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MrTeatime

Re: OpenOffice Reply to this Post

the date problem occurs also in Excel, when using another language (like German). For example 1.1 = 1st of January in German notation.

The only way I found to prevent this is to change the systems regionsettings to english for the update process.

But there is also an option (in Excel again) that forces Excel to not interpret dates. Maybe OpenOffice offers a similar option?

Column N doesn't work in my verision either.
Eldrick auf Opal
Leitender Offizier (Senior Officer) der Ghosts of Darkness
Priester des dunklen Lords El Pollo
[Dec 22, 2007 6:59:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mrteatime2001    JonathanTeatime    22517701 [Link]  Go to top 
anemoneofpea

I was wondering if someone has added the new enamels in yet, and if so, how? I tried just editing formulas and adding in numbers, but it's not working for me. Thanks in advance,

Cassiedoll
[Dec 22, 2007 12:42:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Biliter01

I am working on an update as we speak for the linked 5.11.

There is alot to add and alot of triple checking so be patient.

Also, I have tried to help the orginal author before only to be burned by the stake so I will need to either work something out with him to be able to update the wiki with this "altenate" update and someone that can host the downloadable file. Else, I will offer the file through email to persons requesting it.

I want to clarify that I was rightfully criticized for releasing a previous version without Belgarions approval. However minor the update was, it wasnt my place to "take over" the public release and Yppedia entries regarding the tool.

In regards to Macros....I'm using whatever is set up in the orginal file. I dont know how to use them or even understand how they work, only that I can tell they are doing was they were intended to do. I'm only modifying layouts to accomodate missing enamels, clothing, furnisher items and ships; as well as all respective formulas and recipes so they all will work.

I have completed the additions, however; I am awaiting Belgarion's approval to release it. Although I worked hard to add the things that were added to the game since his last revision, it is still HIS work. I'm sure that in any case a new update is coming and yes again you will have to manually import your own data if you choose to upgrade; unless Bel has found a solution to porting from a previous copy in an update he might be working on himself.

I want to thank Belgarion for taking the massive amount of time to deliver this thing and keep it updated this far and hopefully through teamwork, player feedback, and contributions to its developement, it will continue to grow with the game.
Haywoodx on Viridian and Hunter

No Crew
No Flag
No Money
:P

The Shop Tool
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Biliter01 at Dec 30, 2007 3:01:37 AM]
[Dec 28, 2007 5:24:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scrappyilse

Oh, it would be wonderful if the new version could come out quickly! I love the shop tool and I was already starting to adjusting things myself, hoping I wouldn't mess up things lol
~regards, Ilse~
Obsidian Ocean:
Scrapper
[Dec 31, 2007 12:24:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ilsemul.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Biliter01

Version 5.16 is now posted. Click the link in the first post for all the details. As always, post problems/bugs here.

No Crew
No Flag
No Money

The Shop Tool
[Jan 2, 2008 2:20:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

Version 5.16 is now posted. Click the link in the first post for all the details. As always, post problems/bugs here.

Biliter01 and I have been conversing via email about the Shop Tool recently. He has agreed to take on developing the Shop Tool as I am well and truly gone from the game with no return in sight. I'll let him share his thoughts on future development, but suffice it to say that I am confident in his ability and enthusiasm for the project. I have made myself available to him for help in figuring out what I was thinking or doing (when I can remember myself), but it seems like he's already been able to make sense of most of my code, which is an amazing accomplishment in and of itself.

I will continue to host the tool and keep all the old versions available should you want to go back to a copy with less features (and less items by extension). The Wiki will continue to be the place for information about the tool and download links.

It's been fun to get to know many people through my time working on the tool and I hope it continues to be a help to shop keepers everywhere. I learned a lot about Excel (perhaps more than I ever wanted to) in the process and am thankful for that. Fair winds and sailing (and shopping!) to you all! I will continue to check this thread as emails of new posts come in and will continue offering limited support as I have time.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jan 2, 2008 5:45:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scrappyilse

Belgarion,

It is a sad thing when you have to say goodbye to such a wonderful person, but I wish you all the luck and fun!

Thank you so much for this wonderful tool! I love working with it and I can't imagine how I would have run my shop without it!

On a whole matter: I've seen in the apothecary sheet (original file, haven't used it yet) the following:
Startup cost: (not filled in)
Dockside Buys: A formula which results in: 371.857
Tax Value: A formula which results in: 224.780
I saw this in the old version also and I deleted it, cause I couldn't find anything where it was related. What does this whole thing mean? Is it something we don't have to pay any attention to?
~regards, Ilse~
Obsidian Ocean:
Scrapper
[Jan 2, 2008 11:57:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ilsemul.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
EmberDrake

Belgarion -

Thanks so very much for developing The Shop Tool.

I hope you have a good "retirement".

Fair winds,
EmberDrake
SO of the crew ARR!
[Jan 10, 2008 7:27:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.emberdrake.com    ember1drake [Link]  Go to top 
Biliter01

Version 5.20 has been uploaded

http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/The_Shop_Tool

It includes

Apothecary: Starfish Repellent

Tailor: Chainmails, both male and female

I also removed the Rack Pricer. Unfortunately it was pulling information across to many VLookup commands to follow and since it was completely inaccurate, I have postponed it indefinitely until I have time to re-develop it.

No Crew
No Flag
No Money

The Shop Tool
[Feb 5, 2008 9:18:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wheebiscuit

The Yppedia link appears to be broken.

Aarghbird
Captain of Rum by Gum on Cobalt
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Avatar by the arrrsome Billshakes
[Feb 6, 2008 8:33:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scrappyilse

It works fine with me...... Maybe it's fixed?

:oops: oh, the download link. Sorry, hadn't looked correct.... The download link doesn't work with me either.......
~regards, Ilse~
Obsidian Ocean:
Scrapper
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Scrappyilse at Feb 7, 2008 7:52:00 AM]
[Feb 7, 2008 7:50:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ilsemul.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
redkitty

I'm also having trouble with the link to the download site. any idea when it will be up , thanks BTW for doing this .
Kittythered
Princess of Don't Panic.
Captain of Galley Kats .
3 Day Walk for Breast Cancer , Atlanta Walker
ID # 1797051
Sisters Saving Second Base
[Feb 8, 2008 9:18:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CasperSage

I uploaded the latest version to Fearlesphil's blockade video hosting site. I am still waiting on permisiion, but I am sure he won't mind. For now, the link is up and running.
-Casper
Deed Swapping Network (all oceans)
[Feb 11, 2008 3:36:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Biliter01

Ahoy, I apologize for the inconvience of a hosting issue but my provider blanked my files and it wasnt brought to my attention directly. I have found a host and the links are now working. Please feel free to private message me with issues regarding usage and availability.

Current version 5.20 is complete

Thanks,

No Crew
No Flag
No Money

The Shop Tool
[Feb 12, 2008 7:14:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jadawin

So, working on making the Shop Sheet work in OO for my RL wife, the lovely Captain Starsha, sailing on the Cobalt Ocean (and countless other places, I'm sure...) in an endless search for new clothes...

Understand that I'm doing this from a 'programmer' point of view, not a user. I work on user feedback. I'm fixing what she pointed out as problems, to avoid buying her Excel. :) She's below decks right now, and I think from the sound, she's carping. :) So, she'll comment to me if there are any problems from what I've done so far.

I have OpenOffice and a few things are not working:
- taxes doesn't update correctly. Some are update but other are displayed as date (e.g. Viridian sheet, iron 01/01/00. If i change display type to number, I get 36526)

I don't see this on my 5.2 version that's fresh. Format column B to Number/General, and that should be fixed (click on the B, which highlights the column; right click, Format, pick 'number' and 'general' and then 'ok'). The Ocean sheets are just input areas, as far as I can tell from a quick look.

- column N is not working because !$A$1 is not a valid syntax in OpenOffice

In the OO help....

INDIRECT
Returns the reference specified by a text string. This function can also be used to return the area of a corresponding string.
Syntax
INDIRECT(ref)
ref represents a reference to a cell or an area (in text form) for which to return the contents.

If you open an Excel spreadsheet that uses indirect addresses calculated from string functions, the sheet addresses will not be translated automatically. For example, the Excel address in INDIRECT("filename!sheetname"&B1) is not converted into the Calc address in INDIRECT("filename.sheetname"&B1).

This implies that every such reference should be converted by hand. Sigh. So we're going to need a separate version, if they're maintained.

<<For OO only>>
I did a simple 'replace all' in formulae and in all sheets of
&"!$

to
&".$

And a lot of the Err502s were removed.

<<For ALL versions>>
The only ones I see at this point are in the hidden tax columns on the Commodities sheet, and I believe all of these areas were just copied here for Reference, and so they weren't updated. I refer to columns J, P and V.

For instance, the Varnish formula for Tax Value@J10 (now) reads:

=VLOOKUP(I10;INDIRECT($T$4&".$A1:$B$200");2;0)

Of course, the value at absolute cell T4 in THIS sheet isn't an ocean Value; what's wanted is the value from the Apothecary sheet, which is at T6 on that sheet. So, J10 should be:

=VLOOKUP(I10;INDIRECT(Apothecary.$T$6&".$A1:$B$200");2;0)

As my little <<>> indicates, I think this should pertain to both/all versions of the Tool, as I can't imagine this page working for anyone at all, unless this was an import problem from OO. These changes are somewhat extensive...though you COULD just change all the references to the apothecary, to retain integrity, you should change the J references to Apothecary.$T$6 (why it has Q8 later on, I'm not sure), the P references to Distillery.$R$6, and the V references to Tailor.$R$6, just to keep things properly in sync.

After doing that, there seems to be other problems with this tab, but everything else looks fine. If anyone actually wants to know how I made everything look perfect, drop me a PM, I'll explain what needed changing.

This is a massively complex and beautiful sheet, my compliments to the retired Rockstar pirate creator, and my thanks for the maintainer(s) stepping up to keep it going. Otherwise, I'd probably have to crank out some sort of DB app for the wife. :)

Now, if it could just auto-update values from a web service from YPP directly....

-- Magnuss @ Cobalt
[Feb 15, 2008 12:06:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Biliter01

I'm working on the tax fix now and the simplest solution was to add a ocean modifier to the Commodities page instead of redirecting to another page for that variable.

There are going to be some manual tax entries that the tool doesnt import (ie. tan paint, large cannonballs). I know there is tax on those items but I cannot get the tool to import them.
I will add them to the ocean pages but keep in mind that if the devs tweak tax prices on these items the tool won't pick it up and I won't necesarily track it.

Version 5.21 rolling out by the 20th of this month.

No Crew
No Flag
No Money

The Shop Tool
[Feb 15, 2008 3:21:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scrappyilse

About Latest release Reply to this Post

Hey,

There seems to be something with the recipes and calculations for Both the Starfish Repellent and the Patch-Eye remedy. Both prices are not the same as in the stall.

In the Recipe table, There's 1 unit too many of Cowslip. It only uses 1 unit, instead of 2.

With the Patch Eye removal, there's a basic labor of 3 hours instead of the 5 hours which are actually used.

The consequence of this is that the price for the Starfish reppelant comes out too high and for the Patch-eye removal too low.

Thought I'd let ya all know, just in case you're wondering :)
~regards, Ilse~
Obsidian Ocean:
Scrapper
[Feb 25, 2008 10:44:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ilsemul.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
amoyer

I seem to be having a problem specifically with the tailor tab. When I price items that include fine cloth it is wrong. The prices appear to be low. Items that only include plain cloth are fine. I don't see where the problem is either. I really haven't used a version between 5.0 and 5.20 so I don't know if it's a new thing in this last version or not.
Cedarwings
Captain of the Crew Schmew of the Flag Schmag
Cobalt Ocean
Oceanus wrote: 
"I hear Atlantis is all fun and giggles"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by amoyer at Feb 25, 2008 7:37:00 PM]
[Feb 25, 2008 7:34:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scrappyilse

Cedarwings, could you give an example? I don't have a stall myself yet, but I've set all the prices for the cloth on Napi peak (Cobalt Ocean) and compared Green Female Fancy Boots (uses fine cloth) and the price seems correct to me.....
~regards, Ilse~
Obsidian Ocean:
Scrapper
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Scrappyilse at Feb 26, 2008 7:15:13 AM]
[Feb 26, 2008 7:14:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ilsemul.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
amoyer

Item: Female Green/green Fancy boots

Stall: Lizardme's Tailoring Stall on DN (Cobalt)
Cost (in game): 1,108
Taxes (in game): 108
Total cost (in game) 1,216

Shop Tool (all cloth, labor and adjustment prices are matched from in game)
Charged price: 990
Taxes: 108
Adjustment: -5
Advertised price: 1,093

123 poe difference? Where's that come from? I have checked with other items that include a mix of fine and regular cloth and with other colors and they all seem to be off.

I have also just checked the furnisher tab and the same problem exists for items that include fine cloth.
Cedarwings
Captain of the Crew Schmew of the Flag Schmag
Cobalt Ocean
Oceanus wrote: 
"I hear Atlantis is all fun and giggles"

[Feb 26, 2008 8:59:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 373   Pages: 13   [ First Page | Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates