• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 373
Posts: 373   Pages: 13   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 96187 times and has 372 replies Next Thread
bel_pirates

Re: The Shop Tool Reply to this Post

Hmm, on the wiki, it says:

First, download the tool from here.

But the link just takes me to the bottom of the page where I cannot see another link to download the tool.

Probably missing something blatent, if so, somebody point it out to me!

Thanks

There's another link under the "External Links" section that you have to click to download the tool.
----------------------------------------
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Dec 1, 2006 2:29:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bran925

Hi there. This is my first post here, so i hope I this all works out right lol. I have been using your worksheet for a good while now. Love it to death. Helps so much when maintaining my furnisher stall. But ive been running into issues. Tax prob with the Flag Tapestry and Rumble Pit (Sage). Marble End Table and Marble Table Recipes are wrong, they use White Enamel not Black Enamel. Umm, New items like Potted tropical plant, Skeleton chair, Skeleton table, Skeleton in Shackles, Pile of bones, Gibbet, Tombstone, Fireplace would be great. Ive tryed editing the worksheet and adding new stuff that make it work better for me like =T12-AE327 for Sugar Cane to find out how much stock I need to order or if im overstocked, It helped out alot. And I also added a row that took the Advertised Price minus the price I wanted my product to be to give me my adjustment number so i just had to copy and past special (value) to get the price i wanted. that way i dont need to use my calculator anymore. Added another sheet that would take my order price (when i order cloth) and devide it by the amout to give me a price per so i know how much to change my buy/charge column's to. Not sure if im wasting my time adding stuff like this, but it seems to help me. I hope yall understand what any of this means. Im pritty tired atm so im just hoping im speaking english atm. But to conclude why im posting, I've tryed to add the new items, and with no sucess at all I beleave I failed. Ive studied your worksheet to great extent leanring more and more. But I must be doing something wrong. Ive added the new mineral Masuyite to the furnisher stall and the new items under Recipes. Then added the items under Prices/Shop Sales, and all i get is #VALUE! across the board. Ive checked the paths for it and it looks correct, as far as i know. But nothing seems to work. Even when I try to add the Masuyite to the minerals from $S$45:$S$50 to $S$45:$S$51 it makes it turn to #VALUE!. So to conclude I really cant spell. Ive burned every brain cell i have to fix it. Everything looks correct but i still get nothing lol. So if anyone has actually read through everything i wrote, and understood any of it, i love you. And if you can help me fix/add these new items i would love you even more. What would be even greater is if Belgarion would put out a update and help me figure out why im having no success with adding new items lol. Keep up the good work btw Belgarion. Your tool is the only reason I run my stall with great success. otherwise my little brain would crush and fall apart. Marry christmass everyone. and sorry for my bad spelling. lol.

ps. i know i ramble -.-
[Dec 15, 2006 3:45:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

Could you try breaking your post into Paragraphs (When the edit button returns)? My eyes, they hurt...
Cerulean & Meridian - Icemeister
Emerald & Obsidian - incognito!
#TeamPurple
[Dec 15, 2006 4:00:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bran925

ya im sorry, i was so tired yesterday from work (Day shift) and then stayed up to 6am trying to find out if its even possable to add in new items. So i kinda was sleeping through that post lol. sorry.
[Dec 15, 2006 11:31:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bran925

o and about the Paragraphs, I tryed clicking on the edit button.. but all i got was "Message: Sorry, you do not have enough permissions." So umm, I guess ill start breaking up my posts lol.
[Dec 15, 2006 11:48:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lumpine

Hi,
I am a player from Opal. I have a question to your Shop-Tool.
Can you translating the Tool in german? We will help you to translate if you want.
Greets Lumpine (Kya of Opal)
Lumpine alias Snacki
[Jan 3, 2007 1:51:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Krais1

Check you have entered a 0 in all of the boxes within the receipe section, you will get an error if you just leave commodities which are not used blank (there are 0s in all of the others, but they change to match the background colour)
[Jan 3, 2007 4:12:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

Hi,
I am a player from Opal. I have a question to your Shop-Tool.
Can you translating the Tool in german? We will help you to translate if you want.
Greets Lumpine (Kya of Opal)

I just looked at this briefly and it appears that the tax data that is available for download from http://opal.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/econ/taxrates.wm is all in English. This means that you should be able to start using the tool by changing one ocean's data tab to look for the Opal data. To do this, select an ocean tab (let's use Sage).

Click the Sage tab.
Click cell A1
Click Data/Import External Data/Edit Query
In the address box, change the query address to http://opal.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/econ/taxrates.wm
Click the yellow arrow next to the commodity table, then the arrow next to the labor table. (They should turn to green checkmarks)
Click Import

Now you can use the tool (in English) by selecting Sage as your ocean. Unfortunately, if you change any of the commod names into German, it will mess up the tool. For a completely German version, I need you to translate the commods into German. Download this spreadsheet and fill in the German names and I think I can do the rest when I get time. You can email the file back to me (see email link below my posts).

No promises on when it will happen because I'm travelling to Haiti and then Orlando on business trips this month. I generally have less time than I used to for doing updates (as evidenced by the lack of updates for 6 months).
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jan 3, 2007 8:25:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chthon

Is there an issue with your shop tool and OpenOffice.org Calc? I was under the impression that it could read any excel spreadsheet, but there is an error 502 in your hidden column N that is breaking half the spreadsheet that relies on it. Can you help me fix this so that we can get a working OpenOffice version up and running?
[Jan 4, 2007 3:18:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

Is there an issue with your shop tool and OpenOffice.org Calc? I was under the impression that it could read any excel spreadsheet, but there is an error 502 in your hidden column N that is breaking half the spreadsheet that relies on it. Can you help me fix this so that we can get a working OpenOffice version up and running?

OpenOffice.org, in their infinite wisdom, decided to reference different worksheets differently than Excel does. It's incredibly stupid, but that's likely what is causing the problem. You may be able to fix it by doing a find/replace for "!" and replacing it with ".".

A much easier solution would be to download the Shop Sheet from Faulkston/BehindCurtai. It's in Tips and Tricks somewhere. I don't have the link handy right now. Theirs is written in OpenOffice so you won't have this problem.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jan 5, 2007 11:43:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chthon

OpenOffice.org, in their infinite wisdom, decided to reference different worksheets differently than Excel does. It's incredibly stupid, but that's likely what is causing the problem. You may be able to fix it by doing a find/replace for "!" and replacing it with ".".

A much easier solution would be to download the Shop Sheet from Faulkston/BehindCurtai. It's in Tips and Tricks somewhere. I don't have the link handy right now. Theirs is written in OpenOffice so you won't have this problem.

Of all the... I swear I tried to do that and it didn't work last night as I knew that fact ;) Oh well it worked, and I can't seem to find their sheet so I'll simply fix up yours. Yours is pretty slick.

You'd also think that open office would have noticed the difference and parsed excel sheets better too. Thanks :)
[Jan 5, 2007 1:02:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

I wrote: 
No promises on when it will happen because I'm travelling to Haiti and then Orlando on business trips this month. I generally have less time than I used to for doing updates (as evidenced by the lack of updates for 6 months).

In updating the tool, I decided it wasn't worth doing the translation piece without doing it right. Doing it right means supporting any language that someone wants to translate the tool into. If you would like to see the tool translated into more than just German and are willing to do the translation work, drop me an email.

I managed to knock out everything except the Tailor on my flight to/from Orlando. I still need to add in the new items since my last update, but I don't expect that to take too long.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jan 24, 2007 7:51:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
teejay58

First off, I too, love your tool. It has the potential to save me many hours of very tedious work. I run a furnishing stall on Sage.

However, it's missing several items. There are many many colors of paint that are not on the spreadsheet. The fireplace isn't listed. Masuyite isn't listed. As I've already begun attempting to "fix" the spreadsheet, this list may not be complete.

Although I'm not a programmer, I do work with computers and networks in a technical capacity. So I attempted to fix the missing items.

I'm confused about how the spreadsheet works in assessing prices for each item. The formula reads like this:

=ROUNDUP(
MMULT(D178:O178,$R$12:$R$23)+N("Basic")
+MMULT(Q178:AE178,$R$27:$R$41)+N("Herbs")
+MMULT(AF178:AL178,$R$45:$R$51)+N("Minerals")
+MMULT(AQ178:CA178,$R$54:$R$90)+N("Cloth")
+MMULT(CD178:CK178,$R$94:$R$101)+N("Enamel")
+MMULT(CL178:DB178,$R$105:$R$121)+N("Paint")
+MMULT(DD178:DF178,$R$126:$R$128)+N("Labor")
+(CB178*VLOOKUP(B9,$P$94:$T$101,3,FALSE))+N("Primary Enamel")
+(SUM(DD178:DF178)*$D$102)+N("Rent Recovery Costs"),0)

I get the MMULT stuff. But I'm not sure what N("Basic") does. And I don't know how the enamel cost is calculated and how the Primary Enamel column works with the Enamel columns.

Do you mind explaining this formula a bit?

Thanks for all the work you put into this. It's an awesome spreadsheet and I'm learning a ton just by attempting to modify it.

TJ
[Jan 25, 2007 4:33:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

=ROUNDUP(
MMULT(D178:O178,$R$12:$R$23)+N("Basic")
+MMULT(Q178:AE178,$R$27:$R$41)+N("Herbs")
+MMULT(AF178:AL178,$R$45:$R$51)+N("Minerals")
+MMULT(AQ178:CA178,$R$54:$R$90)+N("Cloth")
+MMULT(CD178:CK178,$R$94:$R$101)+N("Enamel")
+MMULT(CL178:DB178,$R$105:$R$121)+N("Paint")
+MMULT(DD178:DF178,$R$126:$R$128)+N("Labor")
+(CB178*VLOOKUP(B9,$P$94:$T$101,3,FALSE))+N("Primary Enamel")
+(SUM(DD178:DF178)*$D$102)+N("Rent Recovery Costs"),0)

The N() function is essentially a way to comment on the formula so it's easier for me to remember when I need to go back and edit something. N() converts the value in () into a numeric value. In this case, it converts the string "Basic" into a 0, which doesn't change the final value, but does allow a place for commenting in the formula.

The Primary Enamel computes the cost/charge/tax of Enamel based on the drop-down box value that you set in the prices section for the item. Cloth and Paint work the same way. In cases where there are two color options, the formula should follow the "Primary" and "Secondary" format (as is the case with cloth in the Tailor).

As for the missing items, a complete list of what's missing and where to add them in plain english would be helpful. I have a major update coming soon that adds multiple language support to the tool and some other features thanks to another contributor. I'm hoping it will all be done this week sometime as the bulk of the work is now done. I'm just waiting to hear back from some people on translations.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jan 30, 2007 12:22:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Krais1

As for the missing items, a complete list of what's missing and where to add them in plain english would be helpful.

Missing furniture items from 4.53 (italic shows existing items to order correctly):

Vase with plant
Potted tropical plant
4 Iron
8 Lily of Vally
3 Enamel 1
10 basic
20 skilled
Potted Palm

Trough
Skeleton Chair
10 Wood
6 Iron
1 White enamel
3 Chalcocite
6 Enamel 1
4 Enamel 2
40 basic
15 skilled
25 expert

Skeleton Table
15 Wood
6 Iron
1 White enamel
3 Chalcocite
6 Enamel 1
4 Enamel 2
40 basic
25 skilled
30 expert

Skeleton in Shackles
10 Iron
1 White enamel
3 Chalcocite
30 basic
15 skilled
25 expert

Pile of Bones
1 Iron
2 White enamel
3 Chalcocite
30 basic
10 skilled
5 expert

Gibbet
45 Wood
45 Iron
1 White enamel
3 Chalcocite
40 basic
50 skilled
20 expert

Tombstone
100 Stone
1 Chalcocite
2 Varnish
30 basic
10 skilled

Fireplace
1 Masuyite
10 Wood
100 Iron
300 Stone
6 enamel 1
4 enamel 2
120 basic
25 skilled
75 expert

HTH.

Krais
[Feb 1, 2007 4:06:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
teejay58

Mineral needing to be added: Masuyite

Products to be deleted: Fancy Fur, Holiday Wreath, Flag Monument

Products to be added: Potted Tropical Plant, Skeleton Chair, Skeleton Table, Skeleton in Shackles, Pile of Bones, Gibbet, Tombstone, Fireplace
[Feb 1, 2007 1:58:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
teejay58

Argh... Fancy Fur should read Festive Fur (sic).
[Feb 1, 2007 2:00:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
teejay58

One more thing... I just refreshed the spreadsheet today and noticed that they've changed the format of the tax tables for Sage. Instead of putting the Labor Type/Tax per Hour table at the bottom of the list, they moved it up to the top. This affects the tax value for labor in Q119:121.
[Feb 1, 2007 3:04:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

One more thing... I just refreshed the spreadsheet today and noticed that they've changed the format of the tax tables for Sage. Instead of putting the Labor Type/Tax per Hour table at the bottom of the list, they moved it up to the top. This affects the tax value for labor in Q119:121.

I'm not sure why this happens, but it's actually an issue with Excel. I should add this to the wiki page as a FAQ or some such one day, but here is the fix again:

On the ocean page that is broke...
1. Select Cell A1
2. Click Data/Import External Data/Edit Query
3. Unselect any tables that are selected
4. Click the arrow left of Commodity
5. Click the arrow left of Labor Type
6. Click Import
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Feb 2, 2007 5:12:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wheebiscuit

Products to be added: Potted Tropical Plant, Skeleton Chair, Skeleton Table, Skeleton in Shackles, Pile of Bones, Gibbet, Tombstone, Fireplace

I would prefer that products not be deleted. That way when they get added yet again next year, we don't have to worry about updating the tool.

- Aarghbird
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Avatar by the arrrsome Billshakes
[Feb 3, 2007 10:39:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

I would prefer that products not be deleted. That way when they get added yet again next year, we don't have to worry about updating the tool.

- Aarghbird

Yea, nothing "seasonal" gets deleted.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Feb 4, 2007 5:54:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

Version 5.0 Released Reply to this Post

Ok, I've finally finished (and posted) version 5.0 of the tool. Pertinent links:

Version: 5.0
Direct Link: Download
Directions: YPPedia Article
Changes: Changelog

While I plan on continuing to play with the tool and make some updates as I am able, I will be taking more of a backseat role with the tool for the foreseeable future. I have started back to school to get an M.Div degree, so I simply don't have time to play the game or update the tool like I used to.

While on hiatus, Rakkii approached me with some nice changes to the tool. You can see these updates in the tool in the form of the Analysis, Chart and Commodity pages. (Be sure to read the YPPedia entry for the Linked Version of the tool to see what the commodity page does.) Rakkii will continue with developing new features and maintaining the tool and I will sit back and advise from afar. The tool has grown into a beast of a spreadsheet and can be a bit daunting to pick up and decipher, but Rakkii has managed to do well at it. I'm hopeful that we'll see some new life in the tool now that we have a fresh coder to work on it.

My last big contribution to the tool is the addition of multi-language support. It was added in such a way that we can easily add in new languages as people translate for us. If you would like to see a new language and can do the translations for it, download the tool and look over the Languages page. There are (currently) 499 items to be translated to add a new language. If you want to help, post here for how best to get involved with translating and where to send the finished product.

German is about 20% done (103/499). When I committed to translating the tool for our German speaking friends, I only asked for the basic commodities/products. As I played with the tool, I was able to code things in such a way as to make nearly all of the cells translate easily. As a result, I added 396 items that now need translations. If any German speakers can help us out, it would be much appreciated.

I will continue to answer questions in this thread (and only this thread since I don't check all of the forums, but do get emails when people post here) indefinitely. While I am happy to do that, it would be great if someone else were interested in combing through this thread and the original one (see link in first post of this thread) and compiling a FAQ and adding it to the wiki article.

And so, after ~2 years of maintaining the tool, it's time to step back and watch it develop without me. It's been a real joy to work on it and learn a ton about spreadsheets in the process. I hope you've enjoyed having and using it, and that's it's helped you be a better stall/shop-keeper. I've always hoped it would help educate people about how to contribute to the economy rather than sell things at a loss and think they're doing well. Hopefully it has done that for some of you.

Hopefully as I finish my degree (3 years from now), I'll have time to come back and continue working on this and other fun projects in the YPP community.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Feb 6, 2007 2:55:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wyldhawke

Re: Version 5.0 Released Reply to this Post

While on hiatus, Rakkii approached me with some nice changes to the tool. You can see these updates in the tool in the form of the Analysis, Chart and Commodity pages. (Be sure to read the YPPedia entry for the Linked Version of the tool to see what the commodity page does.) Rakkii will continue with developing new features and maintaining the tool and I will sit back and advise from afar. The tool has grown into a beast of a spreadsheet and can be a bit daunting to pick up and decipher, but Rakkii has managed to do well at it. I'm hopeful that we'll see some new life in the tool now that we have a fresh coder to work on it.

As Bel said, I as willingly taking over development of the tool, I have a few ideas that I'll be messing with.. but as it was initially his design, 99% of the credit's gotta go to him on this one, and it will forever remain his. I will simply be attempting to keep it up-to-date, and possibly add a few features that seemed like good ideas.

Initially, I just downloaded the tool, then I started playing with it and adding things that I personally thought made it so much more useful. Spent hours getting it just right, and ended up approaching Belgarion with the beta version with my changes, and basically let him see what he wanted to do with it. With the changes in his schedule, he asked if I wanted to step in, therefore I did.

On a further note, this is all going to be new to me. I can usually find my way around Excel and spreadsheets, but my knowledge is limited, and I'm learning as I go, so sometimes you'll probably have to bear with me, but I'll do my best!

I will be keeping this thread on my "watched" list, as well as checking my PM's on here. My email is also checked consistently, but please use that as a last resort.

Happy Shopkeeping!
~~ Rakkii ~~
Fleet Officer of Nagamar
[Feb 10, 2007 10:36:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://myspace.com/illusorythrall [Link]  Go to top 
wyldhawke

Version 5.1 in the works! Reply to this Post

Just as a note: I've noticed a few bugs in version 5.0, and have a major upgrade and fix to 5.0 in the works right now.

Changes and fixes planned:

• Full Linked Shops Support (and unlinked too)

• A "This Shop Linked?" box is included on each sheet. Selecting "yes" will take the values off the commodity page and the other shops output automatically. Selecting "no" will activate a "buy" column for you to input separate prices for that stall.
    • Additionally, selecting "yes" will activate two added columns in the "financial records" chart, allowing you to track goods moved between shops easier. Havng "no" selected, the tool ignores those two columns.

• Apothecary Labor Calculator button fix - I noticed the button is opening the wrong columns. I fixed it.
  • German translations added and updated on all sheets. - Fairly self-explanatory. My Dad happens to speak German, and also happens to live near me, so naturally, I enlisted his help and handed him the list of terms I needed translated. I added translations to all areas of the shop sheets, as well as (hopefully) the commodities sheet and the financial analysis page.
  • Recipe charts moved to the right hand of the prices chart. - This is for several reasons. One, it makes it easier to add and change new items that are released. Two, it gets the recipe chart out of the way, since it's not something that needs changes, and it can confuse new users. Three, it paves the way for the version 6 release of the tool, which I also have in the works (basically, this will automate the inventory of the tool by copy / pasting your shop logs into the tool and letting it do nearly all the work for you.)
  • Title page updated - Added information about how to contact me, links to the forum, the wiki page, and the changelog.
  • Help files added to the Title page! - Basically put the information on the wiki page (and updated it) into a set of help files you can access while in the tool to make using it a little more user-friendly. Currently, I don't plan to make these with translations, at least for sure it won't be out in this version.
  • Financial Analysis page: adding a chart to track the top ten investors over all sheets.

If you have any questions, concerns, have found any other bugs, just let me know!

(As for a Timetable on this? -- I hope to have it out in the next week or two so I can start working again on the full Version 6 release.)
~~ Rakkii ~~
Fleet Officer of Nagamar
[Feb 17, 2007 1:00:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://myspace.com/illusorythrall [Link]  Go to top 
teejay58

Re: Version 5.1 in the works! Reply to this Post

There is a problem with the new spreadsheet. On the Furnisher tab, under the Recipes: the upper limit formula does not cover all the items. It currently reads:

=MAX(AI188:AI336).

It should read:

=MAX(AI183:AI343)

Also, I'm confused about something. Why is it that I get to plug in prices that I pay for basic, mineral, and herb commodities, but not paint, enamel, varnish, lacquer, ship supplies and cloth? Does the spreadsheet now assume that I own one of each shop? Before, I basically ignored the worksheets that referred to shops that I don't run. Must I now learn every worksheet and how it interacts with every other worksheet?
[Feb 17, 2007 2:06:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

Also, I'm confused about something. Why is it that I get to plug in prices that I pay for basic, mineral, and herb commodities, but not paint, enamel, varnish, lacquer, ship supplies and cloth? Does the spreadsheet now assume that I own one of each shop? Before, I basically ignored the worksheets that referred to shops that I don't run. Must I now learn every worksheet and how it interacts with every other worksheet?

In 5.0, the tool comes in "Linked" mode. Currently, this assumes you own one of every shop and treat your shops like a unit working together, so you supply finished goods at cost to yourself, then add your profit numbers in at the end. You can "exit" from the Linked mode by simply filling in manual prices in the buy column on the shop you use. It will begin using these new prices so you don't have to update over on the commodities sheet. The tool comes in Linked Mode because it was a pain to make 2 copies and the fix for exiting Linked mode is much easier than telling people how to link it themselves.

In 5.1 and beyond, the tool will look more like version 4.53 (with the white cells for the Buy column), but will include a drop-down box that allows you to choose between a linked mode and an unlinked mode. Unlinked will function like 4.53 (all prices entered on the sheet you're dealing with) and linked will work like 5.0, but it will look slightly different.

Without getting all technical, the setup was done in a way to make it easy for users to switch back and forth between the two version. If Linked = Yes, the sheet uses the values from the Commodities page, if Linked = No, it uses the values on the current page. I've seen the version Rakkii is working on and I really like it. There are some neat changes in there, some of which I've been meaning to do for a long time and just haven't been able to do. As I hoped, adding a fresh perspective and excitement to the project is going to really benefit the community.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Feb 17, 2007 4:42:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wyldhawke

There is a problem with the new spreadsheet. On the Furnisher tab, under the Recipes: the upper limit formula does not cover all the items. It currently reads:

=MAX(AI188:AI336).

It should read:

=MAX(AI183:AI343)

~~ Rakkii ~~
Fleet Officer of Nagamar
[Feb 17, 2007 11:39:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://myspace.com/illusorythrall [Link]  Go to top 
wyldhawke

ha. that's what i get for hitting the wrong button. suffice it to say, bug is noted, and i'll fix it with the coming version.

actually, what i've done with the version 5.1 ... which will be out in the next day or two probably (based on what i've got done and how well it's working) .. is going to look a little different. and yes, it'll be a whole lot easier to use for those who don't have linked stalls, as well as for those who DO have linked stalls.

so your issues with being unlinked will completely be fixed. all you'll need to do is select "no" in the drop down box on the stall, and enter values in the "buy" boxes.

again, the new version is on it's way!
~~ Rakkii ~~
Fleet Officer of Nagamar
[Feb 17, 2007 11:43:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://myspace.com/illusorythrall [Link]  Go to top 
SpnBobby

I just downloaded 5.0, and I have a problem with the labor calculator, the expert labor box and the total labor box were hidden. when I expand the calculator, it shows everything, but if I hit expand it again, to make it smaller, the expert labor box (Z) and the total labor box (AA) remain out, but the columns T through Y go away. What am I doing wrong?
Spongebobby on Emerald

Walker said
"Dear three rings, please add a mute everyone button to the game. If you do I'll take back all the mean things I've ever said to you in any of my emails, letters, bug reports, petitions."
[Feb 23, 2007 10:16:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SpnBobby

I forgot to mention that it works just fine with the Distillery, but the problem is on my apothecary tab
Spongebobby on Emerald

Walker said
"Dear three rings, please add a mute everyone button to the game. If you do I'll take back all the mean things I've ever said to you in any of my emails, letters, bug reports, petitions."
[Feb 23, 2007 10:18:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 373   Pages: 13   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates