• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 373
Posts: 373   Pages: 13   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 87866 times and has 372 replies Next Thread
bel_pirates

The Shop Tool Reply to this Post

Because I can't edit my post in the original Shop Tool thread because it's older than 180 days old, I've started a new thread. This time, important details and download links can be found in the YPPedia on The Shop Tool page.
----------------------------------------
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Edit 1 times, last edit by bel_pirates at Jan 12, 2006 6:37:14 PM]
[Jan 9, 2006 11:04:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

Re: The Shop Tool Reply to this Post

Version 4.3 is now posted. Click the link in the first post for all the details. As always, post problems/bugs here.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jan 9, 2006 11:05:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ysanne007

Yay! I've enjoyed your shop tool so far, and from the changelog I will greatly enjoy the updates. I'll be sure to check it out soon and let you know of any bugs I might encounter.

Thank you for making the life of stall owners and manager easier, your work is greatly appreciated!
Neerie of the Hunter Ocean
Formerly known as Reenie and Maeve on Viridian.
[Jan 9, 2006 11:17:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SnoBuc

Awesome, great job and thanks.
[Jan 9, 2006 12:51:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mcpirate1978

I noticed an error in the sheet...

On the apothecary page, you have Varnish and Lacquer listed with the enamels...that's not a big problem, but orders of enamel provide 7 units per order while orders of Varnish and Lacquer provide 10 units per order. So, the Cost/Unit under dockside sales needs to be updated. As it is now, these items appear to be far more expensive to produce than they really are.
Fullbeard
[Jan 11, 2006 8:12:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dgarcia59

On the apothecary page, you have Varnish and Lacquer listed with the enamels...that's not a big problem, but orders of enamel provide 7 units per order while orders of Varnish and Lacquer provide 10 units per order. So, the Cost/Unit under dockside sales needs to be updated. As it is now, these items appear to be far more expensive to produce than they really are.

Oh, I'm glad that is a bug... I thought I've been selling laquer and varnish below market value at my furnishing stall for months! Didn't think to check the equations. The change now confirms that I'm reselling them at-cost.
Culture
N & G, I'm Tenacious!
Hunter Ocean
Billy Blaze wrote: 
Sounds like a plan, oh bearded one!

[Jan 11, 2006 9:02:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

Thanks for catching that! I had meant to move them out of the enamels and into the Misc category anyway. I'll try to get that in when I get home today and post an updated copy.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jan 11, 2006 11:03:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

Your external web page would make great wiki material.

Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

[Jan 11, 2006 3:21:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
ysanne007

Awww but it's Shop Tool, not Shoppe Tool... :(
Neerie of the Hunter Ocean
Formerly known as Reenie and Maeve on Viridian.
[Jan 12, 2006 7:22:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

Yea, I thought of that... I'll work on that sometime... After I finish just... one... more... turn...

Bel,
Member of the Civ Addicts Anonymous group
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jan 12, 2006 10:41:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

Awww but it's Shop Tool, not Shoppe Tool... :(

I'll move it. It's easy!

Yea, I thought of that... I'll work on that sometime... After I finish just... one... more... turn...

Bel,
Member of the Civ Addicts Anonymous group

I can format it up if you like. It's better than working. ;)

Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

[Jan 12, 2006 1:38:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

I can format it up if you like. It's better than working. ;)

Looks great, thanks! I'll change the link in the First Post to just point to the wiki and direct link the file from the wiki.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jan 12, 2006 6:33:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

A new version containing mostly bug fixes is posted. I also added the changelog into the Wiki so all the info is stored in one place. As always, post more bugs here or in PMs to me.

Also, a note to any SD people reading: I don't have release dates for the older pre-4.0 releases. If someone can add them to the Wiki based on the old Shoppe Tool thread, that would be great. I'm not sure how much was lost in the server crash, but... Thanks much!
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jan 14, 2006 12:38:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kusje

I'm having problems with the Finacial analyast sheet. The networth and asset transfer is screwed up. It says #value for both. It happened after i changed some values in the other sheets but i'm not sure what happened
Kneiss wrote: 
I have read so many philosophical books, i can't count. I have beaten my chesscomputer on the highest level several times. I have been classbest in math for several times.

[Jan 14, 2006 11:58:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

The financial analysis sheet is really just experimental at this point. I'm happy to help, but I need to know what you changed that might have made it stop working. Adding cells/rows/columns to the sheet can lead to problems in this and other features. So can adjusting any dark grey cells.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jan 15, 2006 8:10:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
d3athl3

Ahoy there, I have ran into a small problem. Since I don't have Excel I have a program that still reads XML files. Though my problem is that when I go to look at your sheet it makes my program freeze...that horrable thing a program does where it stays on your screen but it is blank...then says not responding.

My question for you is would there be any way possable I can get the spreedsheet for just the weaving stall? I mean braking it down I know is not easy but I don't think my system can handle the size of the doc all at once.

Please let me know and thank you for your time.

Lunaisis of Cobalt Ocean
FO & Quartermaster of Rip Torn
Flag: The Black Sheep
[Jan 16, 2006 7:30:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

I don't think my system can handle the size of the doc all at once.

I've always wondered why the file size was so large for the spreadsheet. Sure, it has a lot of complex calculations, graphics, macros, not counting all the data... But 2.7 MB unzipped? It always confused me...

... then I get your request. I scaled down the tool to just the Weaver, oceans, and title page. Still a 2+ MB file. Huh. That's odd...

To make a long story short, something in the Weaver sheet had a fill that took up nearly 2 MB of file space. Removing all the fills for the sheet solved the problem. I re-colored the sheet to match the rest of the tool and ended up with an 875K file instead of the previous 2.8MB version.

So everyone may want to download version 4.32. Load/Save times are much faster with this new version, as well as saving some disk space.

For the problem at hand, if your system still can't handle the file, let me know and I'll package a weaver only and send it off to you via email.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jan 16, 2006 1:27:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kusje

I'm not sure what values I changed, i'll try to figure it out and update you if need be. BTW, your link to the weavery on the title page doesn't work anymore
Kneiss wrote: 
I have read so many philosophical books, i can't count. I have beaten my chesscomputer on the highest level several times. I have been classbest in math for several times.

[Jan 17, 2006 3:41:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mudlace

WOW gr8 work but i feel its a tiny bit too complicated for a 15year old

But it seems very helpful
[Jan 17, 2006 11:24:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Irelay

I would just like to express my infinite gratitude for this tool (again, I think >.>); this has helped me so much to realize how non-profitable I am how I can improve and increase my profit.
Irelay l Otherwhen l Water Sleeps
Mightnight Ocean pirate since August '04
[Jan 17, 2006 5:51:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

I would just like to express my infinite gratitude for this tool (again, I think >.>); this has helped me so much to realize how non-profitable I am how I can improve and increase my profit.

I certainly enjoy working on the sheet, but I enjoy it even more when I hear people learning how to shop-keep without losing lots of poe and driving the market south for everyone else. Whether it's with the use of this tool or something else, that's a wonderful outcome to hear. Glad to have played a part!
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jan 17, 2006 7:35:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benward

Hey mate, when I was setting up my Iron Monger stall I have seemed to find a little problem in it, I think it is the calculator but it could be me.

It looks to me that the Falchion's tax is off for the Midnight Ocean. I don't know if that is the only thing off or not, but all the other prices for swords come out right when I enter them in, but the Falchion doesn't.

Thanks, and hope I found something if it is a problem. And if it isn't you can ridicule me till I'm in the dog house. :)

Benny
Polyphemus,
Senior Officer of the crew Sanguine Sky,
Prince of the flag Shut Up and Pillage,
Sailor of the Midnight blue.
[Jan 17, 2006 7:41:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
QuessP

I'll add to the chorus ... I love this tool. I don't know how I would run a stall without it.
Yoanne (aka Clarebeaar)
Captain of Plank Tarts
Owner of Skelt (who calls me Damsel of the Sheets)

[Jan 17, 2006 8:04:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dgarcia59

Yay tool! This thing is incredible beyond my imagination.

I think one of the great parts is that I can exactly determine the PoE profit on an item sold. Invaluable for dockside selling. But also, when I offer a crew cut, I know how much PoE I can take off without making the sale a loss.
Culture
N & G, I'm Tenacious!
Hunter Ocean
Billy Blaze wrote: 
Sounds like a plan, oh bearded one!

[Jan 18, 2006 12:45:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hoppie69

This is a great tool to begin with :)
Always nice to see that people of our flag are into this kind of things.

There is only one thing i don't really get.
At the iron mongery tab (also others) i get a "#value" at tax.

Therefore i can't see advertised price, cost/unit, profit and profit margin. I use office 2003 dutch version.
The formula says: =AFRONDEN.NAAR.BOVEN(PRODUCTMAT(AE33:AF33;$N$12:$N$13)+PRODUCTMAT(AG33:AP33;$N$17:$N$26)+PRODUCTMAT(AQ33:AS33;$N$41:$N$43);0).
Most of it i understand perfectly, but what in barnacles name is productmat? I have a feeling that it may be an important part of the formula.

It would be great if i can solve this one so i can get my stall profitable.
By the way it's on Spaniel and called Wiecher's ironmongery stall.

Greets Wiecher
Fleet officer of Poseidons Tricorne
Member of The Light Brigade

P.s. also a fan of Eddings
Greets Wiecher

Captain of The Fierce Blackhawks on Sage
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Hoppie69 at Jan 18, 2006 10:46:53 PM]
[Jan 18, 2006 7:27:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Blackhawk180

Hoppie,

Me has a dutch version of office 2003 too.
I believe that your problem is with the decimal seperator.
In the sheet the "." is used instad of ",".
Change this under options, tab international....
and all should be fixed.

Maybe this data can be placed on the wiki...as solution for international decimal seperation issues
When Microsoft makes a product that doesn't sucks.....
It will be a vacume cleaner!!!!
[Jan 19, 2006 12:36:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.eveningstar.nl [Link]  Go to top 
Hoppie69

indeed that is the problem. I set the right parameters under options saved the sheet and restarted it. Problem solved.

Thanks for the info

Greets Wiecher
Fleet Officer poseidons Tricorne
Flag member of The Light Brigade
Greets Wiecher

Captain of The Fierce Blackhawks on Sage
[Jan 19, 2006 1:18:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

Maybe this data can be placed on the wiki...as solution for international decimal seperation issues

Many of these issues were addressed in the original thread for the Shop Tool. Most people probably wouldn't know to look there, however, so the most common problems should probably be ported over to the wiki for easier lookup. When I find some time, I'll start working on that. For now, you can dig through the old thread for common problems/solutions (like the international decimal thing).

As a side note, PRODUCTMAT is the equivelant of the english version's MMULT formula. It takes a range of values in a row (the recipe numbers) and multiplies them by a column range of the same length (the pricing data). If the length of the range is different (say, 3 in the row, 2 in the column), the formula will return a #VALUE error. This is why adding columns to the recipe section or rows in the pricing section breaks the spreadsheet.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jan 19, 2006 7:27:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
d3athl3

Aye I am in love with this program...I have been able to totally redo my stall to where I am making a decite profit and not over charge my customers. Nothing worse then over charging people and making our islands market so high that they go else where to get their goods. My islands market is now coming down due to me using this tool and fourcing my compation to not price gouge.

(+15% to +20% margin is what I work in)

I have found only one issue with the ship wright one though. It seems to be counting up the cost amount wrong on the ships thus throwing the profit into the negs even though the "product cost" and "tax" and "advertised price" are correct. Is there a way to get this fixed?
[Jan 19, 2006 9:09:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mcpirate1978

The first time I managed a stall, I had my own spreadsheets that did roughly the same thing yours does. I simply didn't know this one existed. With the time and effort you've put into this, yours is certainly far more useful than mine ever were (and much prettier, to boot). This is a great thing you've built, mate.

Now, all that said, I've got a couple ideas that might be incorporated to improve the tool. I'm not quite sure how to implement them into the existing tool, but these are some of the things I currently do.

1. I track previous bids that I've made on commodities. I track the date I made the bid, the amount I paid, the bidding fee, and the price per unit (including bid fee). This helps me in a couple ways. First of all, I can more easily spot a good deal, when I see one. For a distillery, knowing a good price on Sugar or Wood is a no-brainer. But, if you're running an apothecary, recalling bid prices on commodities across the ocean isn't so trivial. I can then use this historical bid data to help me accurately set the "Buy" prices for my commodities in the shop tool.

2. As I jump around the ocean, I often debate over the quantity of my bids. I want to have a large enough quantity to get me a good price per unit, but I want to keep it small enough that it fills in a reasonable amount of time. This is especially important when bids are very low and I want to scoop up some items quickly, before the prices shoot back up. I often use something like this (link) to do these calculations. It'd be nice if that was actually part of the shop tool, so I didn't have to switch from one spreadsheet to another.

Anyway, just a couple thoughts. These are things that I find useful, so I currently have those capabilities in other spreadsheets. Regardless of whether or not you feel the urge to do anything with these, I appreciate all the hard work you've done, already. Thanks, mate.
Fullbeard
[Jan 19, 2006 9:28:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 373   Pages: 13   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates