• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 597 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Lothy

Chat channel auto-selection suggestion Reply to this Post

I know I've been burned by it before, but has any thought been put into having the chat channel (Vessel, Crew, Speak, etc.) **NOT** change automatically when you're moving from location to location?

I can understand it changing from Vessel to Speak when you leave a ship, but on more than one occasion I would have liked to keep my chat on Crew and LEAVE it there, but I find it auto-changing to Speak and/or Vessel when I start a duty puzzle or enter a shop or something.

As a result, I get burned by Speaking a large chat message that I wanted sent only to my crew.

My suggestion would be to reduce the amount of situations where that chat channel changes of it's own accord to the minimum necessary.

Lothy
----------------------------------------
Lothy[size=9], Senior Officer of the Free Radicals
Sailing under the Flag Plundered Hearts
[Sep 28, 2003 7:31:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jothmar

Re: Chat channel auto-selection suggestion Reply to this Post

I always use the / commands presonally but. . . one way that you could fix this is only have it change if you're on something that doesn't make sense. I.E. if your on speak then it will change to vessel (and visa versa) but if you have it set on crew then it doesn't change.
Kelyon Hawk of Fidelis Bellum
[Sep 28, 2003 7:52:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MojoChiba

Aye, using the / commands is the best way for communicating. Also, if you hit the up arrow on the keyboard, it will return the last text command used. So, for example, if you typed

/crew yadda yadda yadda

Then hit the up arrow, it would leave you with /crew and you'd just continue on with your conversation..

In case it's of any use:
/emote yadda
/me yadda (it's an alias for the /emote command)
/think yadda
/tell <name> yadda
/msg <name> yadda (it's an alias for the /tell command)
/shout yadda
/crew yadda (visible to your main crew members)
/jcrew yadda (visible to your jobbed crew members if you have been jobbed)

/clear (clears the text log)
/afk yadda (sets an afk/away message for you)
/away yadda (alias for the afk command)
/back (clears your afk/away message)
/mute <name> (adds user to mute list)
/unmute <name> (removes user from mute list)
/who (a very informative command)

That's the list of generically useful commands. There's a few more in there, but they are usefull only in specific instances. To see what the other commands are, type /help

Hope that helps ya.
-Mojo Chiba

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
[Sep 28, 2003 9:29:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mojo_chiba [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

If devs are reading this, I beg you not to let people leave their channel on /shout. Ever.
[Sep 28, 2003 10:55:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
Jothmar

Agreed Hommullus
Kelyon Hawk of Fidelis Bellum
[Sep 28, 2003 10:32:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lothy

agreed also... perpetual shouting..... ugh....

But being able to leave your chat channel permanently on Crew without it switching back randomly would be a very nice thing :)

Lothy
Lothy[size=9], Senior Officer of the Free Radicals
Sailing under the Flag Plundered Hearts
[Sep 28, 2003 11:23:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates