• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1813 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
thornbaby1

Brigands Making a Killing on Pillages Reply to this Post

It seems like, ever since the last update, the Brigands have been taking a much greater amount of booty. Example - on a recent sloop pillage, we took about 600 poe, 2 cbs, and 2 rum from the brigand. Later, a different brigand (same level of AI) beat us, and took 300 poe, 12 cbs and 15 rum. With rum costing around 50 poe, and cbs 15, that means we lost 1230 poe. 730 vs 1230 is a bit of a difference. Is this the way the game was meant to be???? Please, fix this!

Pirates on the Cobalt Ocean - Briar and Delong
[Dec 22, 2005 3:26:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KingGoob

Re: Brigands Making a Killing on Pillages Reply to this Post

Brigands should be taking a set percentage of yer stuff. I think it's 20% of the poe in the booty chest (none of the poe in the hold) and 10% of the commodities/supplies in the hold and booty. If you're losing more than what's 'usual' it means you're just carrying around more stuff on yer ship than you used to.
----------------------------------------
Jack Handey wrote: 
If they ever come up with a swashbuckling school, I think one of the courses should be laughing, then jumping off something.

[Dec 22, 2005 3:34:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

Brigands should be taking a set percentage of yer stuff. I think it's 20% of the poe in the booty chest (none of the poe in the hold) and 10% of the commodities/supplies in the hold and booty. If you're losing more than what's 'usual' it means you're just carrying around more stuff on yer ship than you used to.
You are correct, and your numbers are correct.

Are you sure you're not in PvP if you think you're loosing more than 20% of your booty and 10% of your hold? PvP takes much higher (think it's 50% and 25% respectively?).

Question continues to come up, what If I only have one or two of X item? If you have one unit of kb in your hold, they have a 20% chance of taking it, or 1 in 5. It's per item however, not per hold. So, the old rumor of "I load my ship with stone so they are more likely to take my stone and leave the other stuff" holds absolutely no water.
Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by imwamphyr at Dec 22, 2005 6:42:42 PM]
[Dec 22, 2005 6:40:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Especially if that stone is pumice; that type of stone is porous.

Faulkston,
;-)
[Dec 22, 2005 6:50:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

Especially if that stone is pumice; that type of stone is porous.

Faulkston,
;-)

And people say I litter too much on the forums?

(Oh, sorry, did I just ruin another keyboard? No? Well, you haven't seen my sig then)
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Dec 22, 2005 9:12:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates