• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 663 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
yomimono

"Regroup" command Reply to this Post

I think it would be a wonderful asset to any captain to be able to order your swabbies / crew to "regroup" in a battle. This would force swabbies to group up in gangs of twos and threes (threes if possible), and would probably work best on players by sounding some sort of alert (perhaps that Star Trek-esque whistle?) and displaying "The captain has ordered ye to regroup!" in the chat window. After several frustrating fights with me swabbies, I've come to realize how much I'd love this feature.
----------------------------------------
-Yomimono
[Sep 27, 2003 6:59:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    yomimono [Link]  Go to top 
Stinktoe

Re: "Regroup" command Reply to this Post

Aye that be one of the built-in liabilities of relying on swabbies fer yer crew. For humans, ordering them to regroup via command would be no more useful than shouting out "teams!".
Don Quevegas
Officer of the Yo-Ho Yo-Yos
Flag Looterati
[Sep 27, 2003 7:06:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jothmar

Having the sound would get their attention and then they'd know to take a look at what was going on with the teams. With swabbies I wouldn't want group of threes, I usually fight with groups of twos. . .
Kelyon Hawk of Fidelis Bellum
[Sep 27, 2003 9:54:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booklegger

I refer you to the following thread:
http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=1898

I would suggest you pay particular attention to my post, and to Nemo's response.

While the matter may or may not be on The List, you are not alone in your pining for this feature.

Although, I wouldn't expect target ordering for swabbies to be forthcoming.
Booklegger -- Manager Forging Ahead, Turtle I.
Cavan -- Officer of the Kamikaze Guppies
Novitiate of the Albertian Order of Leibowitz
[Sep 27, 2003 11:17:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Booksensei    Djinnofkobal [Link]  Go to top 
yomimono

Ah, thank ye. I've been playing YPP for a while now, but I'm still pretty new as far as the Fora go. I apologize for the redundance.
-Yomimono
[Sep 27, 2003 11:49:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    yomimono [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates