• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 252
Posts: 252   Pages: 9   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 94760 times and has 251 replies Next Thread
kavlin

Re: Trinket suggestions thread Reply to this Post

My Trinket Ideas. (Possible locations)

Broken Trident's Head (Defeat the highest level elite Dragoon in a 1 vs 1 duel challenge / Survive a Citadel fight.)

Rusted Coin (Prize from Treasure Haul Chests.)

These sound like trophies...

sorry for the small pyramid
The Broken Trident does sound more like a trophy but the Rusted Coin does fit into the trinket category as presented here.
----------------------------------------
Kavlin S. Teer
SO and Surgeon of Stark Raving Mad
White Lord of that demented flag Dark Asylum
Cobalt

Blessed are the cracked
For they let in the light!
2 Baby Kavs!! God help you all!! err.. us....
[Jan 9, 2008 3:57:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Kavteer [Link]  Go to top 

Theres already ribbons,medals, etc. I also like the idea of a decorated flintlock or cutlass.
Blancca auto-responds, "Gunshow's a PIMP!"

Viridian =P
[Jan 10, 2008 3:36:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Gun_show_11    JoeIsABallHog [Link]  Go to top 
jasandrea

Just a minor suggestion -- it amuses me that Zombie Hands are apparently won from a specific Zombie -- whichever one howls at you at the end of the match. It'd be nice if the trinket inscription included the name of that Zombie, and perhaps the location of the fight.
Jacquilynne
Elder Cod of The Yo-Ho Yo-Yos, Looterati
Ruby Arch: Where the brigands are Ultimate and the players used to be.
[Jan 13, 2008 1:50:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jacquilynne [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

Just a minor suggestion -- it amuses me that Zombie Hands are apparently won from a specific Zombie -- whichever one howls at you at the end of the match. It'd be nice if the trinket inscription included the name of that Zombie, and perhaps the location of the fight.

Along those lines, could hands and skulls be inscribed with the *date* of the fray in which they were won? It would be interesting to run contests to see who could win the most in a given time period, for instance.

And since I'm posting anyway - I agree with Shortyjack. We need harmonicas. And sheet music.
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Squashbuckle at Jan 15, 2008 3:01:59 PM]
[Jan 15, 2008 3:01:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Machetemike

I suggest that there should be some overhaul to the palace shoppe which clearly explains which items are and aren't inscribable. Sure, I know that many of the trinkets listed are claimed to be inscribable, but there are some--cookies, for instance, or cakes--which have no description but, as many of us know, are inscribable. Meanwhile, other items, such as exotic coffee and bracelets, also have no description, yet they are, inexplicably, uninscribable. I suggest that all trinkets should be made inscribable, as there is no logic to the selective system currently in use, or, at the very least, a clear specification of the purposes of each and every item in the palace shoppe, and its uses. In my greenie ages it confused me greatly that the bands would 'never disintegrate' and I was afraid every day that my cookies, about which no such claim was made in the palace shoppe, would be dusted in the gullet of ambiguity.

Yokomoko writes

Sort your sig out, and please get some sort of forum avatar. My respect for people on this ocean starts with proper sigs and them having an avatar, even a Y!PP made one.

Machetemike of Hunter
[Jan 17, 2008 5:34:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
seb_long_uk

I wrote: 
I'd like to see more trinkets. I don't care what they are, or where they come from, just so long as they are not given away in huge numbers (read: Atlantis, 8 hour tourneys or palace shoppe) and are pretty. Almost all of the existing trinkets have been given away in the 8 hour regular tournaments or Atlantis, which not only significantly reduces the value of that particular Trinket/colour combination, but devalues the Trinket type as a whole. Not to mention it is disheartening for Pirates who have won that particular Trinket/colour combo in a full-scale event, only to have its aesthetic value ruined.

In short: More trinkets please, and can it be arranged so they are only given infrequently, somewhat like the Mirror and Comb trinkets (although how long before they are put into the 8 hour trash pile?).

Thanks for your consideration.

I now own a Lime Mirror Trinket, thanks to my efforts in the Daily Doodles competition. I have seen 2 or 3 competitions since giving them out, including Sweetie's BK competition which will be giving out another 7 mirrors and 10 combs. (Not meant in any way to offend her, that event is fantastic)

Please, PLEASE PLEASE can we have some new high-end and mid-range trinkets and items. Atlantis has killed the coral trinket rarity, significantly enough for me to collect every single one. I know of several complete or near-complete rare furniture sets, short only of the one or two that remain somewhat rare (stone figurine, ancient jolly roger...).

Thank you.
Domokun
Avatar by the incredible Tilinka
[Feb 1, 2008 9:01:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
moeurfoe

I think there shoudl be different coloured Sand Dollars, the main graphic is there already, having diffierent coloured ones should not be very difficult to implement.
Captain of Haxorz on Viridian

Moedefoe on Viridian, Sage, Cobalt and Midnight
Kanoo on Hunter and errr...Malachite thing.
[Feb 10, 2008 5:55:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
admspanky

Ok how about being able to "wear the "medal" trinket around our neck

like the star/ the gold medals you know what i mean?

It'd be total awesomeness
Cptrayford
Senior Officer and Proud Mascotte of:
Flying Crossbones
Proud member of:
BLACK FLAG
yes i just realized its a bug killer spray.
SLOWNESS!
[Feb 11, 2008 9:57:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://flyingcrossboness.webs.com/    vegas92@rocketmail.com [Link]  Go to top 
Sacrana

Some trinket, less major than a doll or a familiar that OM's give to someone just because they said something funny or came up with a good comment. Maby different coloured pebbles...

Also do something about people using other peoples skull trinkety as their own. Theres not much more that puts me off a pirate than a skell trinket that isn't theirs in their trinket slot.
Sacrana

Hypnos wrote: 
Dried mango with chili is very tasty.

Please laugh at this person
[Feb 11, 2008 10:03:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SuperHiro

My ideas for trinkets (OM or otherwise):
Pocket watch (can be inscribed, of course)
Horseshoe crab
Concertina
Deck of cards
Narwhal's horn
Shark jaws - a tooth is fine, but most of us have marveled at the jaws haging on walls full of sharp, pointy teeth!
Bag o' coin
Rumgone on Hunter
Officer of We Like Rainbows

"If I could leave you with one thought, remember, it wasn't me. They're trying to make me an escape goat."
[Feb 12, 2008 9:55:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
av8tors32

Ship Placard Trinket. Awarded to naver or deed holder when they haul up another players ship.

Trinket is marked with the Owner of the sunk vessel, vessel size and date they sunk.

You hauls up Players X's WF which sunk on Date Y.
AV
Dark Asylum, Cobalt

Want to insult me? Do worry, I already know what I am.
[Feb 15, 2008 11:54:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    av8tors32    av8tors32 [Link]  Go to top 
winyerbids

Too many flowers and they're so lovely, yet no vase for them, perhaps the furniture items should include one, or.... a special empty pot to plant the lilies or the roses or the daisies :)

flowers as trinkets not so ideal or not so cool.
[Feb 16, 2008 10:54:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

I guess that's like framing portraits to turn them into furniture. But there'd have to be a different set of potted flowers or flowers placed in a vase as there are different types (not colors) of flowers.

Faulkston,
:-)
[Feb 16, 2008 1:13:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
5jason

i think that should make ALL trinkets holdable in portrait i mean you can hold zombie hands and skelie skulls but what about starfish , corals and clam shells?

another suggestion is trinkets for puzzle experince example when you get sublime on a stat should get a trinket for youre acheviment..
Ownage
Like my Avatar? Have 10k floating around?Click here NOW

Proud SO of the crew Rising storm
Prince of Deadman's Vengeance
[Edit 1 times, last edit by 5jason at Feb 17, 2008 1:27:34 PM]
[Feb 17, 2008 1:25:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CaptainSlane

If you have medals, or pins, you should be able to wear all of them in a portrait. Sorta like a decorated military personnel. I think that would be really kool. :D
Captainslane (Hunter ocean)

Senior Officer and First Mate of Omega

Royalty of -Omega's Shadow-
[Feb 20, 2008 5:04:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.ff-fan.com    apparition_dragon2000 [Link]  Go to top 
TomNook43

I think we should have

1:A lucky coin
2:A bag filler with over-flowing poe
3:A Rubber duck(i don't no lol)
4:A flag that you could show to represent your country!

--------------------------------------
Timmnynook on hunter ocean
Captian of '-Rubber-Duckers-'
Lord of death sailors
Slushies
Hunter only.

So I herd u liek mudkipz?
[Feb 20, 2008 10:10:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
_Tirian_

I'd like to see the ability to blend trinkets together to form grander ones. For instance, if you have all of Vargas the Mad's trinkets, you can trade them in on a Vargas Voodoo Doll or something like that. Or you can trade five skulls for a Pile of Skulls trinket, five Piles on a Hill of Skulls, and five Hills on a Mountain of Skulls. If all of the sub-trinkets were inscribed to you, the new trinket would be as well, otherwise it would be uninscribed.
Tirian on Viridian
[Mar 6, 2008 4:23:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

Why not having an I-pod trinket for the Ipod winners? :O

In a ore serious note: A dub trinket when purchasing the dub #500
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Mar 6, 2008 10:40:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kookiez8

i rekon (sorry if this has already been suggested) that around easter (too late to implement now) instead of the usual trinkets bks hand out they should hand out mini eggs of a bk design (a bit like rhodins entrys for the design the egg competition).
[Mar 13, 2008 12:31:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fireopal

For awhile I think it would be nice to hand out jewelry-type trinkets for game design craft projects like the Grand Crafting ones. Since we pirates don't wear much more than gold hoops with the exception of BKs' growing jewelry collection, I'd love to have a little cameo or a locket or a gilded charm, or even like an antique jewelry box covered in verdigris. Just a thought. I don't know how you would qualify to get a trinket like that...
Salmagundi on Sage | Proxima on Malachite
The shoppe is closed for good.
Retired. I pay my dues to my mates.
[Mar 13, 2008 7:02:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CaptainSlane

I think we should have

Lord of death sailors

I'm thinking the flag may offend people. Like people from country A don't like people from country B.
Captainslane (Hunter ocean)

Senior Officer and First Mate of Omega

Royalty of -Omega's Shadow-
[Mar 17, 2008 10:25:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.ff-fan.com    apparition_dragon2000 [Link]  Go to top 
Volski6

I think we should have

Lord of death sailors

I'm thinking the flag may offend people. Like people from country A don't like people from country B.

Tell them to take it to a PVP and sort it out :)
That banned guy.

Still waiting for Kapo to get spanked by The Poker God.
[Mar 17, 2008 10:37:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tikikala

for some reason...

Bracelets?
Necklaces?
Band? (those wrap around appendage)
Spoon?
Fork?
Earring?
Knife?
Twig?
Leaf?

sorry, my ideas get ridiculously random
Tikikala in Viridian (main) , Sage, Hunter, Malachite, Crimson, and Opal. (But I don't speak German. @_@)

Erfan wrote: Shore Leave is where the smart people hang out and pretend to be dumb.

more quotes coming soon...
[Mar 23, 2008 8:40:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cannyman2

B-O-O-K-S???
Yes please
Shaka on Meridian
Roro on Emerald
[Mar 27, 2008 2:26:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

Thinking of a runner-up prize for familiar events:

Familiar dolls - little stuffed monkeys, octos, and parrots (not taxidermy stuffed - made of cloth and polyfill kinda stuffed)

These should be able to be inscribed and available in whatever colors familiars can be won in.
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Apr 9, 2008 6:37:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

Thinking of a runner-up prize for familiar events:

Familiar dolls - little stuffed monkeys, octos, and parrots (not taxidermy stuffed - made of cloth and polyfill kinda stuffed)

These should be able to be inscribed and available in whatever colors familiars can be won in.

I endorse, but at the beggining they'll be even more rare than the familiars themselves, so unless the OM award them for any other reason than a runner-up on an event, they should and MUST be inscribed with a name to lower their price.

Think about this: There are what... 100 tan parrots on Hunter, but only ONE tan parrot doll. 100 tan parrots > One doll. Therefore, Price of a tan parrot < Price of a tan parrot doll.
Making inscribed for runner-ups may lower the price, and disallowing it to be shown in portraits unless you're the one ransomed to (as BK trinkets) should be a good addition.

Say for example: One way to get the uninscribed Familiar doll is via tournament, making it awarded as a wrapped present. Other way should be to give a familiar + fee. For example: Lime octo + 500k = Lime Octo doll, uninscried. Tan/Orange parrot + 250k = Tan/Orange parrot doll.

Sea horse dolls should be awarded via Atlantis chests and automatically inscribed as they're rewarded. Sea horse dolls may be available too by exchanging it for a Sea Horse + 750k.

Another idea may be to award them via craaazy auctions as for example atlantean items for sea horse doll, amount of bananas for a monkey doll, amount of KB for an octo doll and amount of... parrot feathers for a parrot doll. I know the monkey doll is easier than the others, but at the end getting a colored monkay is harder than getting a tan parrot. itd be fair that dolls be the way around.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Apr 9, 2008 9:41:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

I always assume that trinkets that can be inscribed will be, not because I think trinkets should have a lower value, but because the way in which they were won should be recorded.

I disagree with your value analysis, as well. Right now, there are more tan parrots on the ocean than mirrors (which are never inscribed), but no one would pay nearly as much for the mirror as for a parrot. I doubt a parrot doll, no matter how rare, would ever surpass the value of a familiar.

If the value of a parrot doll ends up closer to the value of a parrot than to other trinkets, I think that's great. I've run several events where first and second place were separated by such slim margins that it often seemed ridiculous to give one of them a familiar and the other one a parrot feather.

Edit to add: I was always thinking of player- and OM-run event prizes here, so I'm not sure I see the need for Ipollito dolls. Perhaps to maintain the symmetry we should have them, but *don't* make them come up in Atlantis. (Dolls are too absorbent to be made by an undersea culture.) Instead, make them the one thing with a clearly Atlantean background that players and OMs can use as event prizes. We could use a few new things to "replace" the now less valuable clamshells and nautili.
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Squashbuckle at Apr 10, 2008 9:36:31 AM]
[Apr 10, 2008 9:33:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

However, you say that "Sea Horse Dolls" wouldn't be obtainable from atlantis chests?

You have a point on mirrors and coms being more rare than familiars. The value of them gets decreased since 1. You can't inscribe them, or even be auto-inscribed by the system, which I think it's dumb, 2. You can't hold them on portraits.

Question: How much you'd pay for an uninscribed OM doll, and not an Hypnos's which is to a point less rare, but an uninscribed Lelantos, or Endymion doll? (Haven't seen any of them, even inscribed ones)
Yeah a lot. I'd. I guess they should have the same value. And I really think they can go up to a mill at least.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 

[Apr 10, 2008 11:19:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
seb_long_uk

No trinket will ever sell for more than a familiar because they are less visible. There are fewer mirrors on Sage than coloured familiars even, (I own both though :D) yet Swash is right; it's value is nothing in comparison. Ditto combs. Most can't be held in portraits, they can't be seen on the info page, they don't show up on the pirate itself in a scene, and at most a pirate can visibly hold one.

Y!PP has been in need of new trinkets for some time, I already requested them in this thread, twice. That was before the addition of the Atlantian trinkets, (which IMO Atlantis certainly didn't need, and nor did the collectors and sellers like me). I'd love, love LOVE to see some really rare trinkets make it onto the market. Limited numbers, perhaps one of each colour per Ocean, uninscribed and uninscribable. My Mirror is the only trinket I carry with me, save for a fruitcake with a message and a Demeter Doll, and I'd like to see another 2 or 3 trinkets added that retain a similar rarity.

On a related note, how long before Mirrors are all over the place like Hypnos Dolls? The value, rarity and desirablity of that Trinket TANKED when it appeared in 8 hour tourneys, I'm wondering if the Mirror will go the same way as that, and the Signet Ring, and be given out as well.
Domokun
Avatar by the incredible Tilinka
[Apr 11, 2008 12:33:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

The issue with signet rigns / parrot feathers / hankerchiefs is that thye come in so many colors and are awarded too rarely or in just one color (as the silver signet ring which was grey AND inscribed) that their value IMO is high, How many times you've seen a uninscribed signet ring?

Mirrors won't ever be as pricey as uninscribed OM dolls or even uninscribed signet rings - if any, since they wont ever be inscribable or hold in portraits (At least the signet rings can be inscribed). TSK TSK Please make mirrors and coms inscribable.

EDIT (because I was on MSN): Even if mirrors are awarded on Tournaments, their price won't be high. Not all the people wants them now, not all the people will want them later on.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Quitex at Apr 11, 2008 9:49:46 PM]
[Apr 11, 2008 9:47:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 252   Pages: 9   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates