• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 252
Posts: 252   Pages: 9   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 97093 times and has 251 replies Next Thread
seb_long_uk

Re: Trinket suggestions thread Reply to this Post

The issue with signet rigns / parrot feathers / hankerchiefs is that thye come in so many colors and are awarded too rarely or in just one color (as the silver signet ring which was grey AND inscribed) that their value IMO is high, How many times you've seen a uninscribed signet ring?

Never. And nothing can be awarded "too rarely" IMO. On a side note, the signet ring I won in the BKDDoodles was Grey, a few weeks later it turned up in a tourney with the standard inscription. Livid much? I'm ALL FOR trinkets in the 8 hour tourneys being of only one colour, or the same as Tan Fams, Tan/Random. This is somewhat the case already, but with mixed colours. I know from memory that on Sage: Aqua/white hankies, Black/Gold hankies, Pink/White hankies, Lime/Blue hankies and Maroon/Navy hankies are common as muck. 21 colours times 2 is 42, giving 42 (!) colour combinations of [less desirable colour here]/[Random colour here] trinkets to be given away in the 8 hour tourneys.

Mirrors won't ever be as pricey as uninscribed OM dolls or even uninscribed signet rings - if any, since they wont ever be inscribable or hold in portraits (At least the signet rings can be inscribed). TSK TSK Please make mirrors and coms inscribable.

For me, the trinket has no extra value because I can hold it in a portrait. Rarity > Vanity.

EDIT (because I was on MSN): Even if mirrors are awarded on Tournaments, their price won't be high. Not all the people wants them now, not all the people will want them later on.

If mirrors turn up in the EHTs... well. I won't be a happy bunny.
----------------------------------------
Domokun
Avatar by the incredible Tilinka
[Apr 12, 2008 6:33:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

Never. And nothing can be awarded "too rarely" IMO. On a side note, the signet ring I won in the BKDDoodles was Grey, a few weeks later it turned up in a tourney with the standard inscription. Livid much? I'm ALL FOR trinkets in the 8 hour tourneys being of only one colour, or the same as Tan Fams, Tan/Random. This is somewhat the case already, but with mixed colours. I know from memory that on Sage: Aqua/white hankies, Black/Gold hankies, Pink/White hankies, Lime/Blue hankies and Maroon/Navy hankies are common as muck. 21 colours times 2 is 42, giving 42 (!) colour combinations of [less desirable colour here]/[Random colour here] trinkets to be given away in the 8 hour tourneys.

My point is: There are a LOT of possible combinations for parrot feathers, that NO ONE can have them all, more now than Lavander / Mint / Rose are added to the list. That are a LOT of them, and I think there should be at least one complete set of parrot feathers available in the whole ocean. Why? Because it is dumb that a trinket is available but it hasn't been created or accesible to the playerbase.
Same with hankies: I don't know if Rose/Mint/Lavander will be added to the mix but still, have you seen a Tan/navy or a Violet/Violet hankie? That's my point. It is not right for a Trinket to exist but to not exist at the same time.

Your signet ring was inscribed? I mean, even if it was inscribed with your name, the value is higher since it was not awarded in a tournament but in other competition that took more time and more effort to get. I can only recall Gold, Tan and Silver Signet Rings awarded in Hunter. If there is other color of it, let me know. Becuase again, there should be at least a complete set of all trinkets available in the ocean for collectors. I can see, that would be a mess to collect all parrot feathers / hankerchiefs / even all signet rings.

Back to Polly's idea, Yes, Familiar dolls may be alright, but only if they are inscribable and unless specified they come uninscribed.
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Apr 12, 2008 9:53:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
seb_long_uk

Flooding each of the Oceans with hundreds, even thousands of Trinkets simply to allow a player to theoretically collect them all is a terrible, destructive and wasteful idea IMO. A brown/brown hanky may never exist, (zomg poo hanky!) and that's absolutely fine by me.

On the subject of Signet rings, I have seen Grey, Gold and Purple on Sage.
Domokun
[Apr 12, 2008 3:44:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

Flooding each of the Oceans with hundreds, even thousands of Trinkets simply to allow a player to theoretically collect them all is a terrible, destructive and wasteful idea IMO. A brown/brown hanky may never exist, (zomg poo hanky!) and that's absolutely fine by me.

On the subject of Signet rings, I have seen Grey, Gold and Purple on Sage.

As it's as harmful to only be 2 mirrors on the whole ocean that most of the players doesn't even know it existance therefore not that valuable.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Apr 12, 2008 10:00:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
seb_long_uk

[quote]As it's as harmful to only be 2 mirrors on the whole ocean that most of the players doesn't even know it existance therefore not that valuable.[/quote

Players' lack of knowledge does not make things less valuable. Players' lack of knowledge might make some willing to pay less than others. Tanking the rarity of any trinket to increase visibility of it does not increase its value.
Domokun
[Apr 13, 2008 1:04:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

If you guys want to discuss trinket distribution policy, please take it to Events Workshop. Outside of Atlantis trinkets, even I have more to do with trinket distribution (as a frequent event runner) than the developers have. Putting this discussion where Apollo and Co. will be likely to read and consider it is a better idea than cluttering a thread meant for new trinket ideas.

Anyway, back on track with suggestions:
  • I like the earlier suggestion for a coin trinket, available in gold/silver/bronze.
  • Gems (not at all connected to the gems that are run by merchants - just a trinket that looks like a gem available in all colors).
  • scallop shells
  • snail shells
  • pocket watch (inscribeable)
  • compass (inscribeable)
  • hip flask (inscribeable)
  • model ship, would look like a carved wooden model of a sloop, could be colored as a real ship can be painted (inscribeable)

Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Apr 13, 2008 5:09:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

• model ship, would look like a carved wooden model of a sloop, could be colored as a real ship can be painted (inscribeable)

• Perhaps when you have a sinking PvP, the winner recieve this trinket with the actual colors of the defeated ship: Imagine a black/black model ship trinket: Expensive++++
    If they would be ransomed this way, make them automatically inscribed such as BK trinkets.
    Monarch of Cows
    Joly wrote: 

[Apr 13, 2008 5:44:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    dc26

Perhaps when you have a sinking PvP, the winner carves this trinket from the debris of the defeated ship.....

:)
    Chrisslat on Sage (and other oceans)

[Edit 1 times, last edit by dc26 at Apr 14, 2008 9:17:11 AM]
    [Apr 14, 2008 9:16:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Quitex

Perhaps when you have a sinking PvP, the winner carves this trinket from the debris of the defeated ship.....

:)

Yeah yeah, that too.
    Monarch of Cows
    Joly wrote: 

[Apr 14, 2008 5:32:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    thickguy2

I dont know about trinkets but there should be trinket stalls.

Rack only because the best thing about trinkets is they cant be orderd so u get rare ones.

But selling then on rack would be good.
    Cppirate Orenjury,
    Captain of "The Booty Stealers"
    Hunter
    [May 7, 2008 11:09:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Sharktailz

I dont know about trinkets but there should be trinket stalls.

Rack only because the best thing about trinkets is they cant be orderd so u get rare ones.

But selling then on rack would be good.

Could you be a bit more specific?
    Sharktail, Sage. Avatar by Phillite!

Laptop done broked'd! PM me if you need anything.
    [May 9, 2008 2:24:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://twitter.com/SharktailYPP [Link]  Go to top 
    Quitex

PLEASE. We need to have Mirrors and Combs switched so they can be inscribed. Please.
    It would not just look pretty, but boost the item worth and therefore making it more appealing. PLEASE!!!??!
    Monarch of Cows
    Joly wrote: 

[May 16, 2008 12:55:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Guppyzr

One of the greatest things a pirate can achieve is gaining sublime experience in a puzzle. Perhaps there should be a trinket for this?
    Guppyzra of the Imaginary Ocean.
    Founder and Coordinator of Fight Circle

In the Name Of... ~carpe noctem
    [Jun 10, 2008 8:28:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    frostyangelz

I think that's more of a trophy thing than anything.
    Frostyangelz - Everywhere
    Frostease - In other places
    [Jun 10, 2008 1:44:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Franklincain

Firecracker/Roman Candle Reply to this Post

For various celebrations, I would like to be able to get a Firecracker (aka Roman Candle). I figure the body of the firecracker would be one Color choice (traditionally Red), and the Sparkles and Lit Fuse would be a second color choice.

Thanks!
    Franklin
    Franklin W. Cain (Pirate FranklinCain on Meridian and other Oceans)
    [Jul 5, 2008 8:55:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    deadlyskull

I think this idea would be pretty cool:When you get an injury you get the body part as a trinket!...how bout an eyeball trinket...a hand trinket (human hand I am aware of zombs)...or a leg?!
    Currently Deadbones on the hunter ocean
    [Jul 28, 2008 9:29:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    gaia214

I have not read recent posts but I think this was not mentioned.

Seeing as Parrots get a parrot fether, How about, Monkeys get a banana(Only Coulors monkies come in.), An octupuse get a vial of ink(Only in colours they come in,), And the sea horse a sea horse scale????

These are just things that have bugged me =)
    mroddx On malachite
    [Aug 8, 2008 3:13:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Killwill24

Maybe while foraging, you can forage up trinkets from the ground. Like a stone, or maybe a broken sword, things like that. =P
    Lol.
    Sours - Hunter Ocean

Want to know who did my Avatar? (Xjellybeanx) =P
    [Aug 28, 2008 11:30:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Killwill24 [Link]  Go to top 
    EastIndia

I think they should make the color of the red starfish a bit darker. Because right now people confuse it with pink too much.
    -Oldbuddy on Hunter

Gothmog wrote:

And you can't stop me from posting. Neener neener neener.

[Sep 10, 2008 12:50:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    seb_long_uk

Sage now has a coloured parrot feather in its 8 hour rotating tournaments.
    Domokun
    [Sep 16, 2008 8:56:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
    Satan666Hell

Handkerchief's (non BK) need to be available in portraits. NOW!
    Look of Sage.

Drinking <3
    [Sep 27, 2008 11:36:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Guppyzr

There are more than enough portrait items in my opinion for you to express your individuality. Besides, Handkerchiefs can be displayed on your peson.
    Guppyzra of the Imaginary Ocean.
    Founder and Coordinator of Fight Circle

In the Name Of... ~carpe noctem
    [Sep 28, 2008 2:51:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Faulkston

Satan666Hell wrote: 

Why the rush? Our pirates don't have noses which need to be cleared using handkerchiefs.

Faulkston,
    :-)
    [Sep 28, 2008 9:03:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
    Colavis

Satan666Hell wrote: 

Why the rush? Our pirates don't have noses which need to be cleared using handkerchiefs.

Faulkston,
    :-)

Well the Widow Queen does not have a nose either.
    "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.~

"An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind."
    ~M.K. Gandhi~
    [Sep 28, 2008 10:05:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Thunder_Moon

I agree. I think the color of the skull should be determined by the skelly that messages you when you get it.

It's a simple enough thing to do, since the skull trinket uses the same image as the 'headshot' from when you click on one, just a different palette.

I'm surprised this hasn't been done already, honestly (applicable to skulls won after this change is made, naturally).
    [Oct 1, 2008 11:34:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Vasthaloed

Make the Roses and Valentine trinkets availible for portrait use.
    Swashybeard on the Emerald Ocean - formerly Swashbearder
    [Oct 9, 2008 8:40:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    dkzk

There are more than enough portrait items in my opinion for you to express your individuality.

I agree with this statement, however I would like to see OM dolls as a portrait item.
    Snaps

[Oct 21, 2008 12:41:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Zandia

There are more than enough portrait items in my opinion for you to express your individuality.

I agree with this statement, however I would like to see OM dolls as a portrait item.

OooOoo. Yes please.
    Teh Eighth
    [Oct 21, 2008 8:11:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    yaypuzzlez

Make the Roses and Valentine trinkets availible for portrait use.

For Roses, that's a Ringer portrait item.
    I am Capberry | Rumbleboy.

Retired.
    [Oct 29, 2008 2:30:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Squishat

Adding to that, I'd really like to see some Atlantis trinkets available for portraits... personally I'd like to be able to wear an atlantean helmet and hold one of my various starfish... you know for the full atlantis effect XD
    Hellogoodbye says, "Squishat - Pro rock sinker."
    on Emerald

===
    [Nov 3, 2008 5:11:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Posts: 252   Pages: 9   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page | Last Page]
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates