• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 251
Posts: 251   Pages: 9   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 76538 times and has 250 replies Next Thread
Fiddler

Trinket suggestions thread Reply to this Post

I tried finding a central thread akiin to the Furniture suggestions thread to post these ideas in and couldn't find just one. So here's a gathering thread for trinket ideas.

Some previous threads:
* Trinket suggestions - the Nose! Bumped to Shore Leave. Also trophes and St. Valentines day trinkets Later sent to Davy Jones's Locker
* Trinket Shoppe
* Admiral trinket
* Design your own trinket event idea
* Replace foraged gems with foraged gem trinkets - Filled with Nemo-y goodness!
* Making Trinkets Interesting
* Blockade Trinkets
* Blockade momentos - pre-trinket idea

An index for this thread. - Faulkston
----------------------------------------
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Edit 3 times, last edit by Faulkston at Dec 31, 2006 6:31:48 PM]
[Dec 22, 2005 5:42:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

Re: Trinket suggestions thread Reply to this Post

I'd like to see either a monkey and octopus equivalent to the parrot feather or a set of familiar dolls that would be offered only to runners-up of familiar events.

I was quite tickled to place in the October Spooky Vignette contest and chose a feather the same color as Feegle's parrot with pride. I'd like to see if an equivalent prize so as to not exclude those who place in monkey and octopus contests.

Or if you want to be all elite and exclusive about it a whole set of familiar dolls, only offered to the runners-up of these contest, given in the colors of the animal that was won. They could be included in the list of przes that the runners-up get to choose from, along with the portraits, sloops, clothes, and other items. Heck, they could even have the same inventory graphics as the current familiars, but with an inscription stating how they were won and only viewable with "Inspect Trinket" or in the display case.

Of course, the problem there is the idea of scamming some unsuspecting player into thinking you're trading a real familiar. But one would hope that anyone who could afford to purchase a familiar would be aware of the difference and also know who actually had a familiar to sell.
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Dec 22, 2005 5:42:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

You forgot Making Trinkets Interesting, where I also suggested Blockade Trinkets, a revisit to an idea I had before we actually had trinkets, when we were discussing benefits to blockades .

*loves the idea of blockade trinkets, wheeeee*
I know the option of having them give you +1 boots of bilge or whatever is pretty firmly anti-listed forever, but I still think the idea has merit for portraits alone.
Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
[Dec 22, 2005 10:04:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
Talisker

I think it's Cadillac that gives you a grill ornament that has a number on it. That number represents the number of Cadillac's you've bought. What about a trinket that has the number of frigs you've bought from shipwrights represented on it?
Leif
The Forums
Gunnermooch wrote: 
I can't respond because I do not understand what the hell you are talking about. Sorry.

Av by Ecastasy
[Dec 22, 2005 10:08:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MKSparrow

Puzzle related trinkets, I want a tiny hammer for carp, make them buyable once you reach ultimate, and non-tradeable.
Is it rainning?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by MKSparrow at Dec 22, 2005 10:26:06 AM]
[Dec 22, 2005 10:20:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

Puzzle related trinkets, I want a tiny hammer for carp, make them buyable once you reach ultimate, and non-tradeable.

Alch Flask Trinket!

Oh, sure, I had the ulty sail longer, but my major is Chemistry, not Sailing.

Also, I would like a Rhodin Doll, although I could totally understand you holding off until I get a peg for her.
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
[Dec 22, 2005 10:34:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
yegirl1

Maybe a bit of cloth? Like in some portraits? I dunno... Just a thought :)
[Dec 22, 2005 1:13:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Surlenza

Some trinkets I would like to see:

Compass
Pocket watch
Snow globe
Treasure Map
Eve Patch, Hook, and Peg leg (created from use of injury removal potions)
Flintlock Pistol
Jar of Octopus Ink
Monkey's Paw
Valentines Heart (Limmited Edition for St Valentines Day)
Shamrock (Limited Edition for St Patrick's Day)
Need I say Easter Eggs
Kraken's Egg

Easter eggs are now available. - Faulkston
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Faulkston at Dec 31, 2006 7:00:04 PM]
[Dec 22, 2005 3:22:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PsychoDan

I'd love to see the memorization portrait items become trinkets. I think most of the portrait items would make for good trinkets, though most ought to have different requirements for actually attaining (solid experience alone doesn't really seem a trinket worthy acheivement.)
Sephoris, Senior Officer of the Radical Dreamers
[Dec 22, 2005 4:30:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Surlenza

A couple more Ideas I have come up with.

Rum Bottle (to be won in daily drinking tourneys)
Apple
Orchid
Piratey Necklace
Narwal Horn
Shark Tooth
Crystal Ball
Small Pirate statue
Key

Orchids have been implemented. - Faulkston
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Faulkston at Jan 1, 2007 3:33:28 PM]
[Dec 26, 2005 6:20:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

This is a bit out there, but how about puzzle pieces for puzzle-related endeavors? For instance, awarding a red sword block for swordfighting or fries for drinking or the P shape for carpentry. It might break the theme of the world a little bit, but they would be instantly recognizable as puzzling awards.
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Whitewyvern wrote: 

[Dec 26, 2005 7:15:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
Surlenza

More of my weekly trinket Ideas.

Ship Trinket (If the Navigator sinks a ship then he/she will receive a ship trinket of the ship they just sunk.)
Scorpion
Butterfly
Pansy
Brain Coral
Open Clam with Pearl
Cat O'Nine Tail
Rusty Sword (unusable) - If two or more swords dust at the same time one will become a stick and the other may become a rusty sword trinket. Odds are 3 to 1 against getting a rusty sword.
[Jan 1, 2006 11:05:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CursedBurger

Rusty Sword (unusable) - If two or more swords dust at the same time one will become a stick and the other may become a rusty sword trinket. Odds are 3 to 1 against getting a rusty sword.

I really like this idea, but I'd recommend it be changed such that if the sword currently not equipped dusts, it has the chance of turning into a rusty sword instead of a stick (as I've had two swords dust at the same time, and the above dynamic would lead to attempts at trinket-farming, which seems outside the spirit of the game).
Are there any pirates on this ship?
And if they sober up,
they'll have us home by morning.
[Jan 1, 2006 6:14:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LethalLizord

Sand cent? hee!
Deep sea pearls
Jolly rodger flag
necklaces
gilded scabbard
some form of early pistol, or other guns. (hey.. doubt we'll have functional ones.. why not have them as some form of relic? :))
DIFFERENT COLOURED SKULLS!!! every time I check my trinket case I'm lost in a sea of 40 white skulls staring back at me!
~Viridian~
SnakeEye
Captain of Devil's Playground, Pay for Play

~Sage~
SnakeEyes
Officer of Hell's Angels, Hell's Wrath

~Hunter~
SnakeEyes
Senior Officer of Black September, The Eye
[Jan 2, 2006 6:04:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
meitchrfoo

More of my weekly trinket Ideas.

Ship Trinket (If the Navigator sinks a ship then he/she will receive a ship trinket of the ship they just sunk.)

I love this idea for blockades. For the b-navvers of a blockade.

What about extending a touch...something to award those people who are puzzling during the blockade...something "small" like the halloween (can't be traded). Something like "Participated in Delta blockade January 2006 - Defender"
Balky wrote: 
cleaver has the most piratey looking face... he's just ....soooo.... sooo... squishable

Kittyn - princess of Raptus Regaliter
[Jan 2, 2006 8:05:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chainmaille

some form of early pistol, or other guns. (hey.. doubt we'll have functional ones.. why not have them as some form of relic? :))
Because then people would say "We can have them as trinkets, so why can't we have them as swords?"

Any sanctioning of guns will provoke this reaction, I fear.
Derakon - Black Plague on Viridian and Sage
[Jan 2, 2006 10:27:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Surlenza

I really like this idea, but I'd recommend it be changed such that if the sword currently not equipped dusts, it has the chance of turning into a rusty sword instead of a stick (as I've had two swords dust at the same time, and the above dynamic would lead to attempts at trinket-farming, which seems outside the spirit of the game).

The idea behind the Rusty sword trinket is it is something that just happens by accident. It really only happens to the serious Sword Fighters. And losing two swords means being out of the tournies for a day or two. It adds a little silver lining to something that would otherwise be simply bad. It is kind of like being on a sinking ship. Losing a ship is very bad but the silver lining is that you might get an injury so it is not all bad. Being that you only have a chance at getting a rusty sword and it is not guaranteed means that they would be difficult to farm. You would have to waste a lot of swords and a lot of time before you could farm a steady supply.
[Jan 2, 2006 2:57:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Surlenza

Yay! More Trinkets.

Gold Bar (rare) - Possible buried treasure reward
Note in a bottle
Scepter (un-tradable) - Awarded to Flag Monarchs who reach a certain level of flag fame and can be automatically removed if fame level drops
Sea Urchin
Small Candle - Can light any darkened room when equipped
[Jan 7, 2006 5:23:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Surlenza

More Trinket Ideas condenced from other Threads:

Love Potion - Valentines Day Trinket
Beaded Necklace - Marti Gras Fat Tuesday Trinket
Admiral Trinket - From completing the navy missions
Sword Fighting Trinket - From defeating the highest Swordfighting Teacher
Drinking Trinket - From defeating the highest drinking Teacher
[Jan 22, 2006 12:24:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mad_Ben

I think the OP should add Different Coloured Skull Trinkets (won from skellies) to the list.
~ Cpt. Largo of Meridian
Super Scuppers
[Jan 24, 2006 6:43:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

Bumping because I just thought of this:

Sea Cucumber trinkets.

What Pip tried to do was something totally unprecedent. He, in some strange way, used Midnight as a test server, without him even knowing. [Crap, it sucks I was not online when he did that :'(... pfft, anyways]

Like a bad penny.
[Feb 22, 2006 4:22:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
Jazzaram

How about a silk fan? It's period, and it would be a good one to give for summer or valentine's day events.
[Mar 29, 2006 5:10:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LongJohnBone

Maybe a Stuffed Parrot/Octo/Monkey trinket?
Perhaps a Tiny Chest, possibly used in portraits?
Or heck, maybe even a book or something.
--Luckyparrot
[Jun 29, 2006 11:20:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.yahoo.com/    potsm_master@yahoo.com    mrbluemk1@aol.com    Zomg! i haxxed [Link]  Go to top 
Alec1000

I like the sound of a decorated flintlock. Of course it would be so decorated that it'd be too delicate to shoot. The pistol would be expensive and can be used fer decoration or a gift.
[Jun 29, 2006 11:52:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LongJohnBone

Spoons.
--Luckyparrot
[Oct 30, 2006 7:17:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.yahoo.com/    potsm_master@yahoo.com    mrbluemk1@aol.com    Zomg! i haxxed [Link]  Go to top 
Fava

There was some discussion of making prize trinkets purchaseable in a thread in Midnight Parley.

Instead of making existing prize trinkets purchaseable (which would reduce both the sentimental and poe value of such trinkets), we need new purchaseable trinkets for the beginning event-runner to give out.

I suggest medals, in gold, silver, bronze, and pewter. They should be inscribeable like ribbons and purchaseable for about 5-10K poe each (all colors the same price).

In the interest of more event prizes, I would say no doub charge, but I also want these trinkets to be somewhat special and not just something every pirate gets because it looks cooler than a notecard, so a 5 doub charge may be warranted, but nothing too prohibitive for a mid-level pirate who wants to run an event.

These trinkets would be great for events deemed by the OMs to not quite be worthy of the unpurchaseable trinkets. Beginning event-runners who lack experience and need to earn the OM stamp of approval could use these as the prizes for their first events. Experienced eventers with approved ideas should still be able to give out the OM-only trinkets, because great prizes should be available for great events, and event runners shouldn't go broke in the process.

I can see these medals given out by royalty and captains to crewmates for exceptional service (blockade service, training new pirates). I can also see medals given out for fun little "achievements" like the best chat booch.
Hiding from Hades on Hunter

FO of Flocktarts on Hunter
Exiled Captain of Pod People and Queen of Stalkers on Cobalt
Former Governor of Lima
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Fava at Oct 30, 2006 10:48:14 PM]
[Oct 30, 2006 10:42:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fernie462

Something I've been wanting to do was a slightly cheaper ring, sort of the signet ring, though maybe significantly less gaudy. My idea behind this was to reward/signify ranks in crew/flag to officer/fleet/senior/titled/royal, with the emphasis on the higher end ranks that a captain can purchase and award to his faithful officers without forcing a choice between warfleet or trinket. With choose-able colors then a crew can have a more official "crew color".

Also, someone a week or so ago posted some un-used flag art in the folder, maybe a customizable flag?
[Oct 30, 2006 10:50:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rubbaduck

On Ice Ocean there are a lot of automated tournies resulting in a huge number of fancy ribbons.

I suggest you let the players trade 100 fancy ribbons for a laurel with the enumber 100 in the center (or 500 even). Or a SUPER fancy ribbon perhaps?

First to 100?
Rubbaduck
Captain of Tubby Toys on Ice

- Small, but dedicated
[Nov 7, 2006 6:25:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

Hey, now that Faulkston's a mod can we get Faulkston dolls? Also, would they actually look like him or would they be busty redheads?
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
[Nov 8, 2006 7:10:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

What about blondes or brunettes?

Faulkston,
;-)
[Nov 8, 2006 7:20:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 251   Pages: 9   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates