• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 17
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2905 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
tcarr

[Mid, finished] Out fer Blood! | Beta | Thurs | 2005.12.29 | 4pm-10pm PST Reply to this Post

Out fer Blood!

What: pillaging contest
Where: start and end on Beta (Midnight)
Date: Thursday, Dec 29th
Time: any time between 4pm-10pm Pacific
For whom: all Midnight pirates
By whom: Lordkalvan, Sassysasha, Vevetpearl, and their Water Sleeps flaggies
Fee: Free!
Prizes: See below fer prize list. First prize is a sloop stocked with 100 rum and 300 shot (or 25K shop credit at Revenge of the Ship on Beta)

Details:
Yarrr!!!! When ye have had yer fill of family togetherness and Christmas carols, what's better than turning back into a pirate fer some swashbuckling blood hunting? I'll tell ye what's better! Over and above getting all the poe and KB and just plain fun of tackling Imperial brigands, having a chance to win prizes on top of it!

Come to Beta on Thursday, Dec 29th. Ye will need a ship in port at Beta and a crew o course, but yer choice on what size and how many people. Any time between 4pm and 10pm Pacific send a tell to one of our event judges:
4pm-6pm Pacific: Lordkalvan
6pm-8pm Pacific: Sassysasha
8pm-10pm Pacific: Vevetpearl

Ye will be told to job a specific judge onto yer ship to verify that the booty chest is empty. After that, pillage in any direction ye likes fer as long as ye like up until the contest window closes. To qualify fer prizes, ye must be back in port at Beta by the close of the contest window at 10pm Pacific.

When ye finish pillaging and port at Beta again, job one of our event judges aboard yer ship to check yer booty chest afore ye divvy. Lordkalvan will post winners to this thread, and ye can contact him in-game to claim yer prize.

Prizes:
1. Any ship that has at least one KB gets one black bandana courtesy of There Is No Spool tailor shoppe on Beta. Yer choice of male, female (although if we run out of premades ye might have to wait a bit). If ye don't want a bandana, ye can have 2K shop credit. Note: that's a single bandana per ship.

2. Ship with the most KB gets a premade sloop from Revenge of the Ship, stocked with 300 small cannonballs (courtesy of Oremaggedon) and 100 rum (courtesy of Redscarlett's Distilling Stall and Sassysasha's Distilling Stall). In the event of a tie, winners will instead split 25K shop credit at Revenge of the Ship.

3. Ship with the most limes gets 1000 limes, in port at Beta (which can be delivered in sets of 100 if all ye have at Beta is a sloop).

4. Ship with the most cannonballs (of any size) gets an anchor (donated by Delmkorval, captain of I Dare) and a swordrack (donated by Lordkalvan).

What to do with the KB?
Ye get to keep yer KB o course. The easiest thing is to just sell it at Beta. At the time of the contest, we promise that there will always be at least one vendor buying KB at 8K (no matter how many other units of KB have been sold already that day).

In addition, the following vendors have standard agreements fer blood hunters (both during the contest and outside it - contact any manager).
Tseetum's Weaving Stall:
1. Ye supply 2 KB and 3K, we turn it into 10 black cloth fer ye.
2. Ye supply 3 KB and 4.5K, we turn it into 10 fine black cloth fer ye.

Enamel Mine:
Fer each KB ye supply, ye get 11 units of black paint.

Tseetum's Apothecary Stall:
Ye supply 1 KB and 1000 poe, we turn it into 12 units of black paint fer ye.

There Is No Spool tailor:
Fer each KB ye supply, ye get 10K shop credit (even if the clothes ye buy don't use black).

The Wraps of Khan Tailor:
Ye supply the cloth and enough poe to cover the taxes, and Wraps of Khan will turn it into clothing. See Dragoneyes fer details.

Notes on Sapphire pillaging
In my experience, the toughest current route in Sapphire is Beta to Iris; sometimes the very first brigand that I spawn is yellow on that route. Verdant Atoll to Horseshoe or to Uxmal usually spawns greens at least a couple of times afore the yellows start. I've seen greenish blue brigands spawned on Beta to Remora and on Beta to Verdant Atoll (as in, sometimes I get attacked by a light blue the first battle or two when pillaging those routes). I've won KB quite a few times on Beta to Verdant Atoll when doing me weekly war brig pillage, but the only time I've gotten multiple KB has been sloop pillaging (and there's no telling where in Sapphire those were).

Yet another event sponsored by Water Sleeps, proud owners of the island of Beta since Oct 2004. Captains, if ye are looking fer a fun, active flag fer yer crew, please consider Water Sleeps.

edit: changed Tseetum's offer on black paint, added offer by Enamel Mine.
----------------------------------------
LordKalvan of Otherwhen, all oceans but mostly Midnight
[Edit 2 times, last edit by tcarr at Dec 29, 2005 10:38:53 PM]
[Dec 15, 2005 6:35:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nalle5

Re: [Mid] Out fer Blood! | Beta | Thurs | 2005.12.29 | 4pm-10pm PST Reply to this Post

Just so I get this correct:
We can use whatever kind of ship we like and be out for the whole six hours?

Sounds like a fun event.
Thanks WS! :D
Angara
Midnight

This account is retired and PM's sent here will not be answered
I am now using my Angara account

[Dec 15, 2005 8:33:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonyaj

Re: [Mid] Out fer Blood! | Beta | Thurs | 2005.12.29 | 4pm-10pm PST Reply to this Post

Also, are we allowed to pvp the other boats out there in an attempt to get their stuff?
Denying the inevitable for as long as possible is a waste of life's work.
[Dec 15, 2005 8:42:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clinton

Heck Enamel Mine on Beta will best that offer, 1 kb = 11 units of black paint. Still a decent profit there. Anyone wants to purchase blood for more than the 8k promised drop me a line and I'll buy as many as you want at the price you want to offer (not a line of credit, poe upfront please, 250/ea poe handling charge, 100/ea for quantities over 10).

/em is working the margins.
Clinton, Innocent, Silver Dawn - Mignight

Have a Innocent <fish> ship? We will buy/trade. Contact any Innocent officer (preferably Clinton or Cheezit if available).
[Dec 15, 2005 10:28:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.silver-dawn.org    Grivooga    Grivooga [Link]  Go to top 
goodmanj

So, I get my hearty (who runs a tailor) to load up her ship with a pile of KB. I sail over and attack her, and she obligingly loses. I sail back with the blood, win the contest, and then return her blood to her and we split the prize. Sound good?
Argonaut
Senior Officer, Six Leagues Under, Heavens Aligned
Fleet Officer, Sweet Pillage and Mayhem, Cobalt
[Dec 15, 2005 10:47:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

So, I get my hearty (who runs a tailor) to load up her ship with a pile of KB. I sail over and attack her, and she obligingly loses. I sail back with the blood, win the contest, and then return her blood to her and we split the prize. Sound good?

we will not forbid people to pvp. we had hoped nobody would think of such low down dastardly cheating..... (but then mebbe yer hearty will get attacked by somebody else in the event, or the nasty brigands even)

And aye, ye may use *any* size ship ye like, and as much or as little of the six hours as ye like. If ye snag 4 KB inside of two hours, mebbe ye want to port and divvy instead of staying another four hours - yer call. Ye can port and restock all ye like, but ye only get to have the judge count yer KB etc once.
[Dec 15, 2005 10:53:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

Suggestion: allow only PvP between competitors, not merchant friends.

That allows the PvP mavens to join in the fun, at the expense of being an official competitor - which can't be a bad thing.

Dylan
[Dec 15, 2005 10:58:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

That still doesn't fix the loophole. Tis far too much effort to insist on trading deeds at the end to check vessel logs, and I don't want to say "no pvp".

I would rather trust people to realize that fer a top prize worth about 25K, cheating really isn't worthwhile. Tis more fun to steal it from the brigands. ;-)
[Dec 16, 2005 10:16:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
goodmanj

we had hoped nobody would think of such low down dastardly cheating.....

That exploit is a classic, it's been used in YPP contests (or prevented by careful rulemaking) for years.

I would rather trust people to realize that fer a top prize worth about 25K, cheating really isn't worthwhile. Tis more fun to steal it from the brigands. ;-)

Some people live for this kind of thing, and will cheat just to break the game, whether it's "worth it" or not. If you can't make the game cheat-proof, it's best if all the players know the loopholes in advance, and the potential cheaters know that they're not being original or clever. Which is why I posted that.
Argonaut
Senior Officer, Six Leagues Under, Heavens Aligned
Fleet Officer, Sweet Pillage and Mayhem, Cobalt
[Edit 1 times, last edit by goodmanj at Dec 16, 2005 10:47:54 AM]
[Dec 16, 2005 10:41:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

answering questions that have been asked in-game:

1. The people on the ship can change, even the captain.

2. The *ship* has to stay in the same crew.

3. Ye can port, take a break fer an hour or so, then go back out again - but if ye want to keep what's in yer booty chest IN the booty chest, then somebody will have to stand on the boat or it will auto-divvy.

4. If ye don't have anything special in yer booty chest, ye can go ahead and divvy afore restocking and going back out again.

5. When ye are done fer the day, if ye have no KB, no limes, and no shot in the booty chest - please tell a judge that ye are done but don't bother to come aboard. That way we can mark ye off the list of who is still out.

6. Ye get *one* "come see the good stuff in me booty chest!" call to a judge. After that, ye can go out again, but ye are no longer competing in the contest. This means if ye have three KB in yer booty, ye have to weigh the chances of it being the most against the chances of ye mebbe losing a battle to a brigand or a PvP even.

edit: added #6
[Edit 1 times, last edit by tcarr at Dec 17, 2005 10:35:25 AM]
[Dec 17, 2005 10:04:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ameba

Ye keep saying 'afore' - which is mighty confusing, is it before or after? afore is a mix of both as i see it
Ameba on Cobalt and Midnight
Also Tulip on Cobalt, Ljack and Cptsensible on Midnight
[Dec 23, 2005 2:01:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

Ye keep saying 'afore' - which is mighty confusing, is it before or after? afore is a mix of both as i see it

Afore is archaic English for before.

Dylan
[Dec 23, 2005 3:58:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

*bump*

Two days mates! If ye have problems getting yer sloop to Beta, I can either chart it, or sell ye one already at Beta.
[Dec 27, 2005 6:06:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

*bump*

This event starts in 8 hours mates!
[Dec 29, 2005 8:05:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

The event has started, but we will continue to register ships until it's almost time fer it to end. So far we have twelve ships registered (two cutters, ten sloops). And when we notice Beta docks run out of rum or shot we will put more out (we have a lot on reserve).

Gluck mates!

edit: two hours into the six hour event. we have 13 registered ships, and one reported winning two KB in his first five battles.

main judge fer next two hours is:
Sassysasha

main judge fer last two hours will be:
Vevetpearl
[Edit 2 times, last edit by tcarr at Dec 29, 2005 6:17:42 PM]
[Dec 29, 2005 4:32:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

Contest is finished. There were 14 ships participating.

We had a tie fer most limes. Each of these ships wins 500 limes.

ship: Misty blue
crew: Eagle claws
pirate: Sleder
booty chest: 1 Kb, 1 lime, 5cbs

ship: blood
crew: klingon warriors
pirate: Reallyvirtua
booty chest: 25 shot, 1 lime

Only two ships scored KB (we expected a lot more - very strange). Each of these ships got one male black bandana. One got 500 limes (see above). The other... well.....

ship: Successful Sild
crew: Moonlit Wake
pirate: Mordrid
booty chest: 55 cbs, 4 blood

this ship won a sloop stocked with 100 rum, 300 small cannonballs, plus a sword rack and an anchor.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by tcarr at Dec 29, 2005 10:37:18 PM]
[Dec 29, 2005 10:36:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mordrid

Arrr, thanks for the event mate, we had a blast.

-Mordrid
Mordrid
Midnight Ocean
King of the Killer Watermelons
[Dec 29, 2005 11:48:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates