• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 12
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1076 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
muffy

Can Governor chart Navy ships? Reply to this Post

It would be great if I could chart a Navy ship when I hop on it, rather than having to go through the tedium of switching the maps around so it will go where I want it to. I'd also like to be able to order the navy NPPs to stations when they're lazin' about.
----------------------------------------
[Sep 26, 2003 3:20:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sugarpie

Re: Can Governor chart Navy ships? Reply to this Post

*wonders if Rifkind may be amassing her navy for ocean domination*
Sugarpie
The Violet (er... Violent?) Pirate
Member of Black Death
Former Governor of Orca
Piggy Josiah R.I.P.

[Sep 26, 2003 4:16:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booklegger

What else would a navy be used fer?
Booklegger -- Manager Forging Ahead, Turtle I.
Cavan -- Officer of the Kamikaze Guppies
Novitiate of the Albertian Order of Leibowitz
[Sep 26, 2003 4:21:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Booksensei    Djinnofkobal [Link]  Go to top 
ultima7

Rifkind,

I don't want to be rude, but I think the last thing most of us want the developers working on right now is making it easier for the Governors to guide there personal armored transports. While I would love to be able to transport my poe where I wanted to in a ship protected by the navy and with the option to be unattackable I don't think the priviledged players who are govenors should be complaining.

In the future when navy ships do something besides taxi service and noob training, I think your idea would be nice. But not now when the majority of players won't get any benefits.
Argyle
[Sep 26, 2003 4:48:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
spinn

ultima7 wrote: 
I don't want to be rude...

Oops. Lost that one right out the gate, huh?
And thus, the message is concluded.
[Sep 26, 2003 4:54:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.spinnwebe.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Demeter
OceanMaster

ultima7 wrote: 
Rifkind,

I don't want to be rude, but I think the last thing most of us want the developers working on right now is making it easier for the Governors to guide there personal armored transports. While I would love to be able to transport my poe where I wanted to in a ship protected by the navy and with the option to be unattackable I don't think the priviledged players who are govenors should be complaining.

In the future when navy ships do something besides taxi service and noob training, I think your idea would be nice. But not now when the majority of players won't get any benefits.

There are a couple of inaccuracies in your post:

1. Governors are no more able to take their money on a navy ship than anyone else.

2. There is no option to be unattackable on a navy ship; only training ships - which are made training ships by only having the training map aboard. And you can't take money on a training ship either.

3. The navy ships provide a valuable taxi service to people lacking the desired maps, so an option to chart it would be valuable to average players more than to Rifkind herself; as she needs to possess all the required maps to be able to chart it as she wanted, it would actually be leaving her shorter of maps as she would have to leave them on the navy vessel's map table.

I suspect that this idea was triggered by people asking if there could be more regular trips to the new archipelagos on the navy ships, so that they could explore them.
"Demeter is sneeeaky." Trickykid

[Sep 26, 2003 5:00:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
biohazard

muffy wrote: 
It would be great if I could chart a Navy ship when I hop on it, rather than having to go through the tedium of switching the maps around so it will go where I want it to. I'd also like to be able to order the navy NPPs to stations when they're lazin' about.

ay I think that is coming, at least according to a post cleaver did here

and I'd really like to be able to orders those npps that is lazying about to pick up a station
Embla
Retired first mate of the Black Widows
Princess of the Pillage People

- People are calling me insane, as if that was a bad thing...
[Sep 26, 2003 5:03:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Poseidon
OceanMaster

Actually you can chart navy vessels as a Governor. Since it picks a random map everytime it reaches a port, you can just make sure it will only pick the map to the destination you want it to go to.

But be sure to put them back so there atleast is a route all the way back to your island or it will get abandoned.
[Sep 26, 2003 5:51:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
muffy

ultima7 wrote: 
Rifkind,

I don't want to be rude,

Too late!

ultima7 wrote: 
but I think the last thing most of us want the developers working on right now is making it easier for the Governors to guide there personal armored transports. While I would love to be able to transport my poe where I wanted to in a ship protected by the navy and with the option to be unattackable I don't think the priviledged players who are govenors should be complaining.

I get frequent /tells from "non-privileged" players who are askin' me to get the navy ship to go to Cleopatra's Pearls for them. Now that new archipelagos are available, I'm tryin' to set up more navy ships to provide "taxi service" to there as well. I already CAN make navy ships go where I want, but it can take 10-15 minutes of real time at times due to the method I have to use. I CANNOT take money on navy ships, nor did it ever occur to me to try - though me navy fighters be fine NPPs, I much prefer havin' me crew guard me money - they haven't lost any of it for me yet. (Nor did anyone get Cleaver's money when we were guardin' it...*grin*).

If ye truly don't want to be rude, ye should be sure of yer facts before ye post; otherwise, it's just an empty phrase.
[Sep 26, 2003 5:56:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sugarpie

I get frequent /tells from "non-privileged" players who are askin' me to get the navy ship to go to Cleopatra's Pearls for them.

For a while it was missing a Wrasse -> Ostreum map, hehe, not sure how it ever got to Cleo. I know it was stuck in Guava -> Wrasse for 2-3 hours one day. :)
Sugarpie
The Violet (er... Violent?) Pirate
Member of Black Death
Former Governor of Orca
Piggy Josiah R.I.P.

[Sep 26, 2003 6:26:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Wouldn't it make much more sense just to go to Ostreum? ...
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Sep 26, 2003 8:58:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Jothmar

I don't have much to add here but I would just like to say one thing: The governors, I'm very sure, worked incredibly hard to get where they are, that in privleged, they started where everyone else did and worked hard, and brought people together under thier flags, that takes alot of work as well. I'm in charge of a flag with four crews including my own just that takes alot of work and alot of talking, I spend about as much time talking to me captains as I do actually sailing. I can only imagine how much work the monarchs of the big flags have to do to keep their flag together and their captains happy. They aren't privilaged, they're smart, hard working, and great at dealing with people.

Hats off to all the governors, I hope some day that I can get their but either way you'll always have my respect!
Kelyon Hawk of Fidelis Bellum
[Sep 26, 2003 10:42:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates